[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was moving out worth it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 28

File: IMG_20151217_144829819.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151217_144829819.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
Was moving out worth it?
>>
>>36535095
Living with your parents is such a soul crushing lifestyle
>>
File: 200_s.gif (10KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
10KB, 267x200px
>>36535095
I'm moving 300 miles from my family in four months and I know nobody. I'm scared and excited. It's soul crushing here for sure, but what if it's worse there?
>>
>>36535149
And how is living alone not soul crushing?
>>
>>36535149
wageslavery for subsistence survival isn't exactly spiritual provender
>>
>>36535149
I can't take living with my family anymore. It's such abuse; absolutely not worth the free rent. Working a part-time job to afford a room somewhere sounds like paradise compared to this.
>>
>>36535179

It's either you live with your parents and put up with their drama or live on your own and put up with barley being able to afford being alive.
>>
>>36535217
>put up with their drama
What if my parents aren't shit?
>>
>>36535181
Nah but it's a pretty big improvement
>>
>>36535095
my mother went on holiday for 3 months in the summer when I was 17 so I had the whole house to myself with my older brother whom I get on well with, we had all our mates around everynight, smoked weed in the house, stayed up at stupid hours slept in all day and skated all night. To be honest living on my own for that summer was the best thing I could ask for, it'll be in my heart forever. I rate it 10/10 if you're with friends.
>>
Yes. Living with your parents is horrible and you don't realize how much better it is until you're free
>>
>>36535261
normie scum, get out and go back to your flat
>>
>>36535149
true
but I get free rent without working
sometimes I even get free food
so my soul can deal with it
>>
>>36535095
I think so. Lots of people in their adult years go on and on about how much they miss being kids, but I actually really like the responsibility, and the freedom that it brings.
>>
>>36535251
circumstantial, i'd say

but the potential for independent extremity protraction increases a bit

(yes i am using a thesaurus because thesaurus sounds like a dinosaur)
>>
>>36535228

Then they're invading your privacy, embarrassing you in front of your friends , or touching your stuff when you aren't looking. Or you're trying to do your own chores or run your errands , but they also need to do chores and run errands so they end up getting in your way.
>>
>>36535179

>He doesn't know how to meet people
>>
I don't mind living with my mommy. I love her and she loves me!
>>
>>36535314
>Then they're invading your privacy,
No, they respect my privacy.
>touching your stuff when you aren't looking
No, they respect my property.
>friends
Get the fuck out, normalfag.
>>
>live with parents
>get to save money while working and use it on things I actually care about
>clash constantly and feel worn down by dealing with them and their schedule

>live alone
>work and make just enough to afford a dingy place
>never do anything because I'm exhausted after I'm done working and just rest on the couch and just feel depressed and worn down all the time
I don't think there's any way to win, lads. You're either miserable living with your parents or miserable living alone.
>>
Living at home:
>always some activity in the house
>free rent
>free utilities
>free use of automobiles
>free gas
>free food
>house has plenty of room to move around in
>don't have to live paycheck to paycheck chained to wageslavery

Living alone:
>eerie dark quietness throughout the house
>forced to work to survive
>can only afford shitty small places
>always worried about getting robbed
>begin to realize just how alone I really am in this world, depression starts spiking hard

The only true benefits to living alone I see is bragging to normals that you're alone but that only matters if you have friends or girls. You also get 100% alone time but that isn't always fun.
>>
>tfw live with my dad

>no drama whatsoever, he respects my privacy too

>we go to bars and get drinks

>some nights we order pizza

>tfw tonight was movie night
>>
>>36535368
>tfw tonight was movie night
iktfb
My mom and I try to have a movie night at least once every two weeks. Very cozy
>>
I live with my mom
I pay her 600 a month
I drive her car
>>
>>36535498
>600/month

lol wtf
>>
>>36535498
You pay your mom more in rent than I pay in rent, electric, gas, and internet on my duplex every month.
>>
>>36535261
>friends
>/r9k/
You gotta go bud.
>>
>>36535527
>>36535528
600 is very cheap for a mansion
>>
>>36535564
If you're living in a mansion, then your mom doesn't need the money.
>>
>>36535368
>>36535394
desu I wish I had a family like you guys do. It sounds nice.
>>
>>36535367
>>36535366
Doesnt sound so bad if you make a good salary. I prefer being alone. Its no everyones cup of tea but it certainly isnt miserable
>>
When I moved out I wasn't able to save money anymore and now I'm back home without a job or a car. My plan was to get a car then move out but I wanted to help a friend of mine get away from his poor homelife. Then I got used.
>>
My family keeps trying to get me to, but i keep fucking up and losing/quitting whatever job i have. They have the fucking patience of a saint or something, but it's starting to wear thin. They act like things will be better for me once i do but it won't. I'll just become an alcoholic and commit suicide in my mid 30s after working more than a decade in some dead end wageslave job, probably
>>
>>36535528
I live in Canada and almost everywhere will cost you at least 700+ a month in rent alone and some of those places will just be a bedroom in someone's house.

So all though it's like a scam living with my mum it is a good deal compared to living alone
>>
>>36535646
Didn't realize you were in a country where the Asians have created a property bubble. Completely understandable that you would opt out.
>>
I have controlling parents who don't respect my privacy, so of course moving out is better.

I get up when I like, have breakfast lunch and dinner when I like. Go out without having to answer to anyone about anything. Working for rent is no issue to me. I can eat whatever I like, at both ends of the spectrum. Takeaways for a week or I can go on a health binge without being asked a million questions about the efficacy, or having meals made for me when I've just eaten, which I then eat out of guilt.

When I first moved out it was so amazing that I forgot to call home for about a month, despite promising to call weekly. Mum reminded me by sending me a text asking me to call so she can just hear my voice.

Being alone whenever I like give me this sense of freedom I didn't think possible.
>>
File: IMG_0771.jpg (127KB, 800x568px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0771.jpg
127KB, 800x568px
>>36535646
700 Canadian is $515 US.

Thats nothing tbqh. I make $16.66 an hour. Bring home $666 a week or $866 if I work 8 hours overtime on Saturday.

Id kill for a place that cheap in Chicago, I cant find anything in my price range taht isnt in niggerville
>>
>>36535673
So instead of paying rent+internet+phone+car+food alone its just rent

If I went to school she wouldn't make me pay
>>
>>36535705
Canadian wages aren't equal to America. It's why any smart persons moves to the USA.

You think it's cheaper but it isn't actually because you'll get paid way less
>>
File: IMG_0869.jpg (43KB, 341x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0869.jpg
43KB, 341x500px
>>36535723
shut up you dumb retarded stoner
>>
>>36535756
If you think you'll earn more in your chosen profession in any Canadian city compared to the USA counterpart you're fucking retarded
>>
>>36535095
Yes
And my folks are great and very loving but I felt like such a shit of an impostor of a grown-ass adult before having my own address, buying and eating my own food, making my own money and budget.
It's the only way I could grow up and become a real person.
>>
>>36535705
That 700 is essentially living in a basement bedroom, a bedroom in someone's house, or with roommates or a small cramped studio if you went somewhere like Quebec where you won't get anywhere if you don't wish French

Not going to get you a one bedroom apartment or similar like some flyover states
>>
>>36535685
this encourages me to do better in college desu i want to live this way but its hard if you live in minimum wage
>>
>>36535912
So what? It's still a private place
>>
>tfw 28 and live with parents
I even pay them rent money so it's extra shitty. It's got to end, my dudes. This world wasn't made for us.
>>
>>36536428
>Living with people
>Living in someone elses house
>Implying they aren't the same as living with parents
>>
the only reason I moved out was because I had this eerie feeling that if I didn't do it then, I would never do it and live at home forever like those guys on the documentaries

living on your own might be hard, and I'm almost poor now because I've lived on my savings and student loans for several years now, but I feel like it's a possibility for my life to improve
>>
I'd rather live with my parents than with strangers any day. Sorry if you have shitty parents.
>>
File: 1480639027065.png (157KB, 422x309px) Image search: [Google]
1480639027065.png
157KB, 422x309px
>tfw I love my mommy and she loves me
>tfw we respect each others' boundaries as adults, support each other during hard times, and do our best to maintain a home together

I'm sorry for all your shit parents, Anons.
>>
>>36536468
>almost poor now because I've lived on my savings a

You know you're supposed to make money to support yourself right? Not taking out loans or using your fucking savings
>>
I love my parents but there is something unquantifiable about moving out that feels great. I feel like a truly independent man now, I am not beholden to anyone else in my home.
>>
>>36537160

>you know that you're supposed to act normally

oh wow what a surprise

now I instantly gained the confidence to go out and get a job
>>
I have stopped growing up at ~17.

Moving out would be good for me. Finally stop feeling like a teenager in an older body.
>>
>>36537203
I feel the same. My life was pretty good before, lived with an old highschool friend but then he got his gf pregnant, I felt like I had to split, lost my job, had to move back with parents. Never recovered. They're great parents but I'm drowning.
>>
>>36535261
I hate you, I wish I could have had this kind of blissful youth.
>>
File: P_20170331_212313.jpg (922KB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170331_212313.jpg
922KB, 4096x2304px
>>36537132
Fuckfuckfuck, I'm so jealous of you, anon.
I wished that that post was just bait but I understans that it's not impossible to have nice parents.
At least my parents support me financially while I live with them. Though when money and food ends I'll be sure to gtfo of here. They never really felt warm and caring. When I hug my mom it doesn't feel warm and comfy, more like holding a hand grenade without safety pin.
I always feel like she might explode at any given moment for no particular reason.
And dad is kinda same, but he's just like, nervous. Rases his voice and gets angry over simple stuff. Still remember how I got yelled at by him for putting kinda watery salad on plate instead of bowl, picrelated.

But still I always remind myself that my life is theirs, since I earned almost nothing myself.
>>
i have a place but its empty , parents got sick so i have to take care of them , living in a 2 by 2 bedroom .
other thing is i dont nobody there were i got my place but there are alot of asses outside goddamn , makes me feel worse , like everyday nee to rub one out .
>>
>>36535095
Holy shit is there a pepe in this image? I saw it for a second but now i can't see it again.
>>
>>36538229
whats in that salad looks yummy
>>
File: 1491006807692.jpg (34KB, 598x336px) Image search: [Google]
1491006807692.jpg
34KB, 598x336px
No. I could have spent more time with my parents and also been able to save up more of my paycheck.
>>
>parents are egotistical, violent, and have ridiculous complexes with their own parents
>isolated my entire childhood and homeschooled to minimize my contact with other children
>never allowed to do anything besides read shitty books from the 50s
>mom constantly spat out more kids, overfilling the house and giving my dad unreasonable levels of stress due to the amount of work he did
>beaten by my easily angered dad with wooden staffs from 8 to 12
>yelled at and hit by mom entire life
>suddenly completely ignored when I turned 13
>parents forcibly pull me out of public school after one year and force me to drop out because they were worried I was going to make friends
>have multiple physical ailments because of their shit treatment, such as weak lungs from a case of pneumonia, brain damage from years of being hit, underfed, and fed poorly
>tried at one point to forgive them and be the bigger person
>they just used it as a chance to give me even more shit
I fucking wish I could move out, but I can't afford it quite yet.
>>
>>36538759
Not really sure why I felt the need to blog my entire life. I always get on these stupid fucking tangents.
>>
>>36535314
>your friends
Where the hell do you think you are, normie?
>>
>>36538759
How can they give you shit for forgiving them? That sounds weird.
>>
It's great but my parental home wasn't too nice and i had to pay to live there too, i have more disposable income renting a flat while on the dole than i did living with my parents.
>>
File: sanic.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>36535095

It was the best thing I ever did and I am becoming a normie right now. Do it immdeidtaely if you get the chance
>>
File: anhero.jpg (58KB, 362x289px) Image search: [Google]
anhero.jpg
58KB, 362x289px
>>36535095
IT WAS WORTH IT. I think it made me "me" if you know what I mean. Living alone forces you to become an individual and not some leech feeding off you parents.

I used to be super lazy, but now I really can't afford to be because I'll starve. I guess it was a gun to my head that really made me a person in the end.
>>
>shower is always at the perfect temperature
>the only one you have to clean up after is yourself
>no one to barge into your room and ask if you're winning when playing vidya
>no one to bother you like "anon you gotta do this now"
>can move freely in your own apartment without having to worry about bothering anyone
>can speak loudly to yourself
>can make a delicious dinner at 3 AM
>can fill the fridge with all the things you want
>can buy the things you want
>shit with the door wide open
Living alone is the best thing.
>>
File: 1455295118167.jpg (129KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1455295118167.jpg
129KB, 960x720px
I really can't express to you how much it was worth it.

For years I was a NEET and let me tell you, unless you're from a rich family with great parents it is NOT comfy. It's hell, it's toxic, they will harm your mental health and sabotage any attempts at self improvement. You will have no control over your own life for as long as you live with your parents.

In the first six months after I moved out I lost 40lbs, got a job and a romantic partner, quit drinking and started enjoying life again. That was just in the first 6 months. I'm healthier physically and mentally than I ever was before, by far.

Again, I really can't express to you the great difference in my quality of life that resulted from moving out of my parents house.
>>
>>36538954
this if you somehow have no job and infinite income.

this seems more like a NEET's dream of independence than anything.
>>
>>36538862
They accuse me of acting high and mighty, "like I know better than them".
>>
>>36535095
Absolutely. It accelerates your growth. I definitely was not really an "adult" until I moved out.
>>
>>36535095
I moved out last saturday, at 23.
It's okay
>>
>>36535095
yes, I haven't spoken to my mother in 5 years. fucking piece of garbage. all she wanted was money and when I wanted to go to college she got mad that it was cutting into me "paying for bills" which really was her and my little brother wasting my checks on fast food. I hope they're back to going to church's to get food again. fuck em
>>
>>36535095
Yes.
My Mom crushed my soul
>>
Wish I could move out but the cheapest apartment I could find was a studio apartment for 625 that is balls deep in the worst neighborhood in my state.
>>
File: big_17330.jpg (75KB, 639x451px) Image search: [Google]
big_17330.jpg
75KB, 639x451px
>>36538632
Ok, anon. For some reason I thought that it's spicy zucchini salad, but I can't see any zucchini in there, so it's porbably that:
Tomatoes, sweet pepper, onions, carrots, pimento, and other things, like bay leaf, (possibly cloves), vinegar, sunflower oil, sugar and salt.
>>
>>36535095
No. I got bedbugs from my druggie neighbor
>>
>>36539563
yup. i want to get a gun before i move out, i already know i'm going to have to live in the worst areas of town because i don't make enough.

but they have places that have room + utilities for like 400-500$. it's literally a hotel room with a oven and frige.
>>
>>36539602
>but they have places that have room + utilities for like 400-500$. it's literally a hotel room with a oven and frige.

is this really any different than living in your room?

its not like youll get a 1-2 bedroom without dropping at least 1k+ a month
>>
>>36535179
>Living alone.
Everyday life is about the one person I love, myself.
>Living with parents.
Life is about everyone else, but myself, I feel like a cornered animal in my room.

As long as they provide for me I don't mind, the moment they try to pull some shit like splitting taxes or making me pay for internet, I'm out. I can't stand living with my asshole brothers. Luckily i get to poison the mind of my younger brother so he's great robot material.
>>
>>36539589
may kek bless your soul anon
i will make it tonight thank you
where is this cuisine from?
>>
Fuck that, I'll keep living at home at saving money.
>>
>>36535149
This
My brother (early 30s) and sister (late 20s) still live with my mom, while i managed to get a scholarship to live and study abroad for some years. He even has a kid already. The situation really takes a big mental toll on them, specially my sister. She became prone to lash out at everyone and even though she tries hard to get a job it just doesn't happen and she is slowly losing every hope of things improving. My brother is more quiet about it but he has shown that he feels very guilty and frustrated by the whole situation, always trying hard but it's never enough.
>>
File: snapshot20120721111931.jpg (18KB, 200x145px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20120721111931.jpg
18KB, 200x145px
When I was 17,I was with a bunch of friends and randomly the idea of going to Six Flags came up. I had money on me,but I chose to call home and tell my Mom the plan. "Are you crazy? No,you can't go-get the fuck home NOW!" My friends all laughed at me as I admitted that I couldn't go,and I went home and sulked around the house. After 2 hours of this,my Mom says,"Okay,you can go."

And I just stared at her.

"They left. They left a long time ago. In fact,they must be driving under the archway of the entrance as I speak." And THAT was the moment that I realized that I had to get away from her,and her psychotic whims. So I got a job,moved out, and was free of her craziness at long last.

Instead, I would be at the mercy of the craziness of roommates and girlfriends,too beta for years to stand up to it,and got fucked over six ways from Sunday by them. But I never went back.
>>
>>36535175
You can easily go back home, forward is the hard direction to move, not backwards in life.
>>
>>36535095
It really was, felt myself going slowly mad from having to live with my arsehole stepdad. Honestly, it got to the point where my own home didn't even feel like home any more. And I haven't missed my mother at all, because she completely changed too.

Now I'm completely lonely and struggle every day with trying to pretend I'm an adult but I fucking love just having my own space and not having to put up with anyone's shit. I don't even want a gf anymore, it would just interfere with my solitary life.
>>
>>36535095
Yeah no doubt,having privacy not getting bothered by my senile father, getting to choose what I eat and even losing weight doing it.
>>
>>36535149
Mainly because if you're browsing r9k your parents are literally psychotic as a rule, but yeah.
I'll live anywhere except with them.
>>
File: MyRetardetRecipe.png (116KB, 702x606px) Image search: [Google]
MyRetardetRecipe.png
116KB, 702x606px
>>36539666 digits are blessed by lucifer.
Let me intervene with one >>>/ck/ post

Slav cousine, I found this salads name as 'Ukrainian'. My grandmother sorts it in jars as it's said in recepie, because that salads original intention is to be preserved through fall and eaten in winter.
Here, take my attempt at translating the recipe
Source has no translation, but take it, boy: http://russianfood.com/recipes/recipe.php?rid=119511
>>
>>36539626
>is this really any different than living in your room?

not him but, yeah fuckin duh

my room is comfy as fuck as I'm sure many others' ITT is - it's the parents and the social consequences of living at home that suck dick

It's already been summarized but
>come and go whenever you fucking want without explaining yourself
>come home reeking of weed if you want
>nobody to barge in and "check on you"
>nobody to make you do shit around the house at their convenience, guilt tripping you with "I feed you and put a roof over your head"
>nobody to tell you how to spend your money, nobody to watch your bank account and scold you for every purchase
>can bring girls over and fuck them whenever you want (inb4 normals ree off my board)

best of all no:

"ANON!!!"

>what
>...
>...
>WHAT?

"COME HERE"

fucking goddamnit it's always just dumb little shit that I didn't have to get out of my bed and turn off my mofie for but she can never get her lazy ass to my door and ask me

If you cant tell I hate my mother (and sister)
Living with two narcissistic hateful women is so toxic

not to mention fucking disgusting
>>
>>36539626
>>36541030
further opinion:

find roomies who won't expect you to maintain a relationship with them beyond "hey dude"

I've known a couple of people who live in college kid houses with like 4-5 of their "friends" and it's a living hell

None of them are really great friends, they've just been introduced through friends and lived together for years

There's always an expectation that you'll do stuff together like shitty movies or board games

Can't go out for a bowl without three other people swarming outside to keep you company and mooch off of you

Can't drink without offering everyone else a beer/shot

If you come home and go straight to your room and do this repeatedly everyone starts to hate you and treat you like shit, start fights etc.

Shit gets stolen from their room all the time

And I've seen this model with several households, they(college normies) are so socially minded that they can't stand being alone or having anyone else be comfortable being alone

I found a room in the heart of Denver for $400/m with utilities, and live with a couple of 30-something white-collar bros who just watch netflix in their room and always get food from restaurants

They don't give a shit if I go out to smoke or work on my car in the driveway or use the kitchen, we all go to work and rarely see each other

Nobody gives a shit, we're all perfectly content with the arrangement

feelsgoodman
>>
File: 1486663445772.png (440KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1486663445772.png
440KB, 633x758px
How much money do you guys recommend saving up to move out? I'm turning 25 this year and I'm ready to cut out my own.
>>
The worst part of living at home and being a recluse is the grilling you get whenever you go out. Can't do shit without having to invent some elaborate story to cover yourself with
>>
>>36541249
at least 1200 a month. And thats if you don't own a car. If you own a car add 600 to that amount.
>>
Spending seven months at home after droping out of college is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I honestly think if i spend any more time here i'll commit suicide. I wish i could leave and never see my father again
>>
>>36538971
This, unless your parents are decent human beings, they won't acknowledge you as an adult.
I never feel like I have control over my life, nor I feel like I even developed a personality, because what personality can I develop when I have to think of others before I think of myself for my whole life? Doesn't help I have a retarded younger brother.

I think of saving for a van or a camper and sneak out of this lifestyle this way.
>>
>>36535367
But what if... You make a lot of money and then you aren't a wage "slave", can live in a large and nice house all by yourself, and don't have to live in a shitty neighborhood so you don't worry about robbery? Sounds like you need to get gud son.
>>
>>36535566
Charging your kid rent is usually so they'll get sick of it and just move out, because if it was free the neets would get too cozy
>>
>>36535179
I think living in general is just soul crushing.
>>
>>36535175

Sometimes the known bad seems better than the unknown good. Give it a chance, it might be the best decision you ever make.
>>
File: 1492133548974.png (420KB, 790x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492133548974.png
420KB, 790x720px
Gonna be moving out this summer.
Thank god, gonna give my farewell to these toxic bastards soon after nineteen years.
>>
File: 1482005568074.gif (2MB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1482005568074.gif
2MB, 750x750px
>>36542034
only white people charge rent, as soon as i turned 18 they wanted rent money from me, we are middle class and they probably did not even need the money. i moved out within a few months tho so it's not that bad, i just hate greedy people, would never do that to my kids.
>>
>>36535149
No mr shekelberg, I'm not paying your rent blood money
>>
>>36535095
yup! can crossdress any time i want now, among other things.
>>
>>36535181
That's a pleasant sounding turn of phrase anon.
>>
29 yo with MA and BA from Ivy League schools
Worked at shitty income but "high prestige" striver jobs in LA and NYC, all the cash went to rent and food and transportation, got depressed and miserable
Moved home work at dads office and save all my dollar bills

Both suck honestly
>>
>>36535314
The big problem with living at your parents place aside from the ego deflation is that every time you see them your reminded of how much of a failure you are. At least when you live alone nobody knows your a loser
>>
>>36543783
Best option I guess is to win the lottery or get a low stress but highly paid job (do these exist?) that lets you pay rent but also save money
>>
I move out but the rent here is like $900 per month for a studio. I'll have to just take a room for $600-$800. Minimum wage is high though like 2K after taxes
>>
File: 1491852602512.png (41KB, 805x556px) Image search: [Google]
1491852602512.png
41KB, 805x556px
It's not worth it if you are a robot.
I'm all out of food, can't keep my shit together, no money, need to pay rent soon place looks like a fucking garbage patch and I have no friends.
My mom called me and I told her I was allright. Meanwhile I'm gonna get kicked out in the end of this month and I have no fucking place to go.
Thinking of killing myself desu, moving out is just not worth it.
>>
File: 1449013097296.png (1MB, 788x872px) Image search: [Google]
1449013097296.png
1MB, 788x872px
>have single mother
>not allowed to leave home without permission or I get thrown out
>can't ask family members to help me drive or I get thrown out
>can't commute to places seeking a job or she'll tell me "its pointless" and throw me out
>forced to work with uncle all day friday, saturday, and sunday for free
>not allowed to buy PC parts, or anything entertainment related so stuck with toaster
>in uni so have to pull all-nighters every other day due to this
>no sign of things changing any time soon

Should I move out?
>>
File: 1488331053773.jpg (37KB, 544x486px) Image search: [Google]
1488331053773.jpg
37KB, 544x486px
>mother won't let you move out

does any of you know this stupid retarded feel?

No? well you're lucky you aren't as cucked as I am.

Look my mothers nice, has raised me well. But I've told her in the past few years now I want my own place. She either says "its too difficult right now" or tries to talk me out of it, or will flat out say "fine do it yourself I won't help you" and I am left conflicted.

I've even sat my learners drivers license 3 times. I get it by passing the written test, it expires after like 4-5 years, and I get a new one. 3 times now. She won't help me learn to drive but complains alot I don't drive for her.

JUST put a bullet in my head
>>
>>36541222
This is so fucking true, especially the part about college normies. Leased this year with "friends" in a house and it's been a horrible year. They feel the need to CONSTANTLY have someone over (like, 24/7), and can't bear the thought of being alone. Like I get feeling lonely, but I'd rather be lonely than act like a normie 24/7 without any breaks. Next year I'm rooming with just regular dudes.
>>
>>36544002
I'd advice against it
>>36543987
>>
>>36544002
>If I do X I'll get thrown out
>But I wanna do X
>Should I move out, so I can do X?
Oh the irony of how dumb you are...
>>
>>36544090
>no vehicle, income, etc.
can't do shit if you're homeless
>>
>>36544014
your mother is afraid of you leaving her. i know it's pointing out the obvious, but still

Also, how old are you, and what about your father?
>>
File: 1490270903198.jpg (143KB, 1520x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490270903198.jpg
143KB, 1520x1080px
>>36544181

I'm 26.

Father haven't seen him in 7-8 years. Not a good relationship with him.

(His basically dead to me)

I've been a NEET just sitting in my room for like... 9-10 years now,...

very depressed all the time
>>
Yes but i had a bunch of younger brothers and sisters and family who constantly visited so i never had a moment of silence before i left
>>
I moved out a year ago but I am still a lazy fuck as before.
I bought a kitchen in Ikea but I havent build it up, I just order food or eat nothing for days.
Also trash bags everywhere, no furniture, no cutlery, no towels etc.
Still better then living with my parents.
>>
If you have a decent job it's probably worth it, otherwise you're going to end up barely being able to afford your bills and feeling stressed/depressed at literally all times.
>>
File: get out.webm (383KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
get out.webm
383KB, 848x480px
There is that saying, you're the average of the 5 people you interact the most with.

It turns out that I wasn't a depressed autistic manchild, but rather my family kept me stunted. They sabotaged me whenever I tried to do anything to improve myself. Literally being on edge with my defenses up 24/7. Keeping my fake persona up. Expecting to be proved and ordered at any second.
>>
>>36544481
THIS

DO NOT STAY WITH PEOPLE THAT SUCK. YOU WILL EITHER BECOME A DEPRESSED MESS OR GO YOU'LL BECOME THEM. MOVE OUT ASAP!
>>
>>36535175
Man up pussy, my family is thousands of miles away.
>>
>>36535095
I don't even want to because I know I'll be dirt poor living paycheck to paycheck and would be utterly fucked if I lose my job. I'm so beta that I've already given up on ever having a normal life where I can at least live on my own.
>>
>>36545183
Move to Boston or Seattle. Minimum wage is like 15/hr so bare minimum expenses with a studio apartment is like $1200. Easily doable. You have no excuses
>>
>>36545316
How about not being American, huh?
>>
>>36545414
Lol you get free college fuck off with your pseudo problems
>>
>>36539722
Is your sister cute?

Origibally cute?
>>
Living away from my parents was the best.
When I was growing up it wasn't just me out for me. My friends were joining gangs and stealing cars. I didn't know what I wanted to be but I knew what I wouldn't be even though I caught a lot of shit over it. Those fucking normies they won't understand sticking around to take care of your family. You're sub human filth. You're worse than people that do that shit because they have something to show for it. If that cunt hates your family let her fuck up and make her own dysfunctional family. Hers will hate you anyway. Her dad hates you it's fucking ingrained in him.
>>
Just getting away from your parents is the best thing a young person can do.
>>
what are you guys gonna do when you're older and have no 401k
>>
>>36546665
My dad is a surgeon
>>
>>36546665
You mean you'll get a 401k by living with your parents?
>>
>>36535179
its still soul crushing but everything else is better
>>
I'd never be able to afford living alone, not with the prices compared to wages around here. If my parents die, I'll have to sell the flat and pray to be able to rent a room somewhere.
>>
File: me fastfood bus feels.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
me fastfood bus feels.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
you are all like little babies

>be me working abroad as trainee engineer
>company fails, lose job, have to come home
>get home
>brother and sister and dog living at home, find out mother has moved in with her bf but brothers and sister still living at home and paying bills
>uwot.jpeg
>have to live with them
>house like the run down mansion off fightclub
>cant find job, no qualifications, losing engineering placement has completely fucked me over
>enrol at college, only level 3 qualification so dont get student loans
>get part time mcdicks job but just enough for food and bills and a small scooter to get to college and work
>sister moves to london with her roastie friends
>left in house with autistic brother and my dog
>hot water isnt very hot
>radiator in my room doesnt work
>most rooms empty
>shithole
>if i move out ill be stuck at mcdicks forever but i hate living like this
>can go to uni in august but rest of family doesnt want the dog but i cant take him with me
>>
>>36546665
9mm is the best retirement plan
>>
>>36548706
Cool story Clarey
>>
>>36545316
wait really?
I've always wanted to move to seattle anyway, it's really that easy to live on minimum wage?
>>
>>36535095
Idk, im getting 47square meters for 450 dollars a month when i move to uni.
>>
Literally nothing can compare to your comfy childhood home. My apartment looks like an empty dorm room, it doesn't feel like home at all.
>>
No, i started to drink a lot and gained 50kgs. Now I've moved back in with my parents. Feels fucking bad.
>>
>>36535294

Yea but it will weigh on soon enough. Especially when you're older and you see all these teens having the time of their lives not worrying about work or rent.
>>
>>36535314

Agreed. The biggest problem for me is there is no trying to date girls since I can't bring them over and bang them with parents home all the time. On the other hand, financially it is an excellent decision.
>>
yesssssss
i get to be a housewife desu
10/10
>>
No I am totally out of money and need to pay for everyshit.
>>
>>36535328

Wrong. Living alone means you have to work constantly and all your free time you sleep and get ready for work again.
>>
File: vomit.jpg (77KB, 386x460px) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
77KB, 386x460px
>Spend $1000 a month for a studio apartment.

Fuck.
>>
>>36535528

Where ya live mane???
>>
>>36535756

He's right. Canada is shit. Taxes are high.
>>
It's the best thing I ever did. My parents were poor and abusive drunks and my childhood was awful. I moved from a shitty hick town in bumfuck nowhere upstate NY to Denver, about 1,800 miles and it was completely worth it. I actually enlisted to gtfo and save up enough money to move in the first place, I stayed with them in between deployments and then finally ghosted them. Left a note saying I left and was never coming back, and not to look for me.
>>
File: 1471054161658.png (10KB, 438x499px) Image search: [Google]
1471054161658.png
10KB, 438x499px
>>36541030
>can bring girls over and fuck them whenever you want
>come home reeking of weed if you want
>(inb4 normals ree off my board)
>>
>>36538759

I'm so sorry Anon. You are strong.
>>
File: spoopy1.gif (486KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
spoopy1.gif
486KB, 475x347px
>>36549127
> Living alone means you have to work constantly
I'm already forced to do ALL inside and outside chores in the house. I have to buy my own food, AND get shit for doing so(hurr anon cottage cheese/rice/oats/lentils is weird shit keep this out of my house) If something breaks here, I have to fix it, and if I have free time/ a vacation then I have to spend 90% of it just cleaning this big ass house by myself.

How would living alone be worse?
>>
Who knows. I ran away when I was 16 and dad helped me get a place to stay. From 16 to 20 I lived in a different part of the city then I moved to MA for a year and then back to NYC. I paid consistently 1k-1.3k dollars for shitty apartments but whatever. Now I'm giving up my current apartment and moving to kansas where I might end up in missouri soon after. Literally who the fuck knows what any of this is worth.
>>
>>36549520

Have you ever had a full-time job? Try doing that and just living at home then you'll understand. 8 hours a day of work Mon-Fri with no days off kills all your time and energy. However, if that is already your life and you're really working around the house 'constantly', then moving is a good option for you once you secure employment.
>>
File: blastit.jpg (8KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
blastit.jpg
8KB, 228x221px
>moved out 4 months ago
>first 2 months were the happiest time of my life
>gained 20lbs since moving out because I eat whatever I want whenever I want
>was so fucking happy
>recently had a bit of a disaster
>walking home from the store
>had a bag filled with cupcakes donuts and chocolate
>another bag filled with hot chinese food
>walking up the stairs
>cute girl from upstairs comes down at the same time
>looks at me disgusted
>try to move
>bags hit her legs
>my warm chinese food smashes into my chocolate
>she apologises
>scream in her face
>'MY CHINESE FOOD IS CREATING A SMOG ON MY SWEETS!'
>she gets nervous and runs down the stairs

haven't eaten much at all since, lost 5lbs and feel nervous to go outside
I wish mummy was here
>>
>>36535572
>>36535394
>>36535368
me too. It's cute
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.