[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to stop drinking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: 1492257459297.jpg (80KB, 640x503px) Image search: [Google]
1492257459297.jpg
80KB, 640x503px
I usually get wasted nightly to make existence tolerable but it's got to the point that the booze is doing more harm than good. I have some sleep aid shit from Walgreens so I can hopefully sleep tonight, but how the fuck do I ignore the desire for booze? I'm still hungover from last night, yet u still want more booze. I found myself thinking about buying another fifth of vodka a couple of minutes ago.

Any advice?
>>
File: 1247315699532.jpg (88KB, 854x770px) Image search: [Google]
1247315699532.jpg
88KB, 854x770px
Same here, although I don't drink as much as most people with the same habit. Don't plan on quitting- I just think it's impossible. But try to cut back. You'll have to go through the pain of denying yourself now and then. Just accept is as a challenge- go 1 or 2 days without it. Try not drinking during the day. Also, I'd recommend 7% beer instead of vodka. I don't know why people want to get wasted right away- the fun is getting there. I think of it as a reality enhancer, not substitute.

For me, Valerian Root helps with cravings. Look for it in the supplement aisle of stores. Take as many as you want, at any time of the day.

And personally... I think alcohol is wasted if you don't end up masturbating. It'll put you to sleep and you'll wake up feeling good. Really, I've had to just force myself sometimes. It prevents over-drinking.
>>
Take it from a long time alcoholic, you're going to give yourself DTs if you go to bed dry. If you're set on doing it, pour some liquor in a bowl before you go to bed because your hands will be shaking too much to open a bottle in the morning.
>>
>>36530423
Personally, I never get sick, and I usually don't wake up with any cloudy head at all. (I absolutely hate when that happens... esp when it lasts through the whole day, and you feel like you have to drink just to think straight. To get rid of it, you just have to sleep a lot. It's a bit easier if you're NEET.)

Also, I personally hate MJ, but that will stop you from drinking more too.
>>
Hey OP, I got some advice. Tell me the name of that sleep aid and I will tell you if you can get high off it and how to do it properly.

As another anon said marijuana helps if you can find it.
>>
>>36530490
Ha, now that's a serious alcoholic right there... Reminds me of a funny story. In Russia, people actually die from drinking vinegar. Because the vinegar is super concentrated there, and serious alcoholics will wake up and desperately try to drink anything. So, in their stupor, they'll think it's vodka, and burn their entire esophagus with it. And then, apparently they die from kidney failure, from all the dead cells that enter their blood.
>>
>>36530423
I get vodka because it's cheap, not because I like it. I'll drink anything if it gets me smashed. I also water it down a ton (12 Oz of water per 1.5 oz shot) so I can sip and try to pace myself. I'd probably be dead if I drank straight.

I appreciate the input. I remember some guy on /fit/ said the best he got to was two tall boys a day. Maybe that's what I'll need to do. For now I'll try for two days like you said and see if I can do it.
>>
>>36530490
Fuck, I didn't think I could get that that fast. Should I taper down instead? I have about four shots left.

>>36530622
Thanks, but I'm trying to fix my life, not get another addiction.
>>
20, so I can't even drink my life away

Debated shoplifting wine from wal-mart today, but pussyed out
>>
File: feel.gif (13KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
feel.gif
13KB, 633x758px
>>36530011
>to make existence tolerable
there's your problem. everyone craves substances when shit's not going good. I've done weed, pills, and acid to make life bearable but it never stops the pain. talking to girls made me forget all that
now I want to drink again because none of them respond.
>>
File: 199977.jpg (47KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
199977.jpg
47KB, 480x480px
I can only give you my experiences, but after struggling with alcoholism despite wanting to quit, I finally did with the help of some introspective DXM trips (OTC cough meds basically). I actually only did them because I was desperate to get fucked up but couldn't due to an expired license. I never expected a straight up borderline psychedelic experience that would somehow give me the drive/willpower to quit drinking, but it did, practically overnight(it took a few trips, like 3 maybe). Much better than therapy, addiction meds, 12 Steps, etc.

Get some Delsym from Walmart or Assured Cough Relief gels from the Dollar Tree and fucking go for it. Me being a degenerate accidentally killed my alcohol addiction. I actually got another bottle of vodka "just because" to see how I'd handle it, and as a reward for losing weight due to quitting booze, working out, and eating better, but after 3 drinking sessions, I realized I didn't even enjoy it, and just dumped the rest down the sink without a thought or regret. I'm no longer antsy to drink to pass the time or to enhance TV/games.
>>
File: 379__1484669722__1484669722_std.jpg (122KB, 290x450px) Image search: [Google]
379__1484669722__1484669722_std.jpg
122KB, 290x450px
DXMbro here again. I forgot to mention, even though some dipshits get addicted to it, I haven't. Mainly because of tolerance buildup. You simply can't get the same magical experiences on a regular basis. The wait time in between trip is 1-4 weeks depending on your previous dosage. It sort of regulates itself and I plan on quitting after my stash of cough gels runs out, because the experiences have started to diminish and I feel like I've learned what I can from it.
>>
>>36530011
Once it's out of your system and you're over the hangover symptoms, you don't really want to have it. There are other things to do or you'd be so out of it you'd not be on the Interweb, also, as when I go on benders I just watch tv shows and eat, not even brush my teeth or anything. You probably use it like a med though, and don't go all out at once, so nevermind.
>>
>>36530011
It's tough at first, but the longer you go without drinking, the less you desire to drink again.
For like, 2 years, I would get drunk every night. Then for about a year, I was drinking all day long, everyday. My decision-making skills were gone and I was making really bad decisions all the time and I ended up losing my job and I've been in and out of rehab 3 times.
In my opinion, you don't need to go to meetings, you don't need to find a higher power, you don't need to work the steps. I think that's all a bunch of bullshit. However, I think the most important thing I learned from rehab was to be grateful. I noticed that whenever I thought I was being treated unfair or I was upset about something not being the way I thought it should, then my immediate impulse was to go get drunk. When you remind yourself to be grateful for what you have and not focus on how unjust life is, then I think you're less inclined to poison yourself.

Anyways, after quitting drinking, the first 3 months were hell. Not a day went by where I wanted to go get annihilated. Time goes by, life goes on, I found other things to preoccupy myself with, like sugar, caffeine, video games, 4chan, etc. Anything that wasn't alcohol.
I'm no sobriety expert, I relapsed two months ago because I got kicked out of my place and lost my job, so I figured, "Hey, life can't get any shittier for me, so might as well go get loaded."
I've got a month sober now because my parents let me back in to their place and things have gotten a little better.
/blog

Hang in there, man. One day at a time.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.