[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would one go about launching a website for 3000 people without

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: roads.jpg (103KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
roads.jpg
103KB, 500x281px
How would one go about launching a website for 3000 people without using a web hosting service such as Go Daddy? What technology would one need? What's the best tech for a budget of 1k USD?
>>
What kind of website is it?

Just get a VPS for $5 a month and you're good, 3000 users are nothing.
>>
File: DaleGribble.jpg (7KB, 250x345px) Image search: [Google]
DaleGribble.jpg
7KB, 250x345px
>>36529969
Just a forum for some online friends, and their online friends. We all share a certain interest.
I'm only now learning html and css, haven't even touched Javascript or php, so I don't expect to launch it anytime soon.
Say I wanted physical technology. What would I use, and what would be the best product for this budget?
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 1136x640px
>>36529945
Why do you need your own site? Just start a private facebook page.
>>
File: ron-paul-it's-over.jpg (18KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
ron-paul-it's-over.jpg
18KB, 275x183px
>>36530466
because I'm not a normie, like you.

originalllllllllll
>>
>>36530185
Don't make the forum from scratch. It's like building the wheel all over again. You're most likely going to follow some tutorial where they teach you to build the whole thing anyway. So it's pointless unless you're strictly doing it for educational purposes.

>inb4 you want bragging rights
Just get a VPS and use some open source forum software.
>>
>>36530528
I do want bragging rights. That's really important to me, if I'm being 100% honest.
>>
>>36530528
>open source software
Not him, but can you point me to that?
>>
>>36530560
Yikes, well it's sort of a waste of time. But I hope you have fun with it. if your forum is built off the basis of a tutorial then you didn't really build it yourself btw. You just copied the whole thing and went line by line through the whole thing, but it doesn't mean you built it.

>>36530610
phpBB is a popular one. You can search for them yourself. If you can't even find open source software then you probably won't know how to use it though.
>>
>>36530769
I'm learning the languages from tutorials but I'm gonna build my site from scratch, line by line. It should be fun. What else am I gonna do with my free time anyway? Tv fails to interest me anymore; ditto with books and vidya.
>>
The separation of economy and state is really important. I bet you haven't even read Ayn Rand, you plebtard. So leave economic discussion to the big boys and go play with your new nerf gun.
>>
>>36529945
it's not that hard you could easily run your web server for home with port forwarding.
>>
>>36531733
Fucking kek wrong thread (and wrong board actually)
>>
OP im looking for a programming project, if you want a website made from scratch with all the features you want i can be the guy for it
>>
>>36531920
I want to make it myself but thanks
>>
File: 1397832945658.jpg (10KB, 251x248px) Image search: [Google]
1397832945658.jpg
10KB, 251x248px
>>36532239
you do understand how hard it is, right?
fucking faggot you probably wont do shit anyways, you will just end up trying to copy paste some website and still fuck that up
kill yourself my man
>>
File: final-solution.png (1MB, 1594x913px) Image search: [Google]
final-solution.png
1MB, 1594x913px
>>36532310
thanks for the positive attitude, >>>/b/
>>
Listen to the anons in this thread. This will take a lot of work. I'm not saying don't do it, just know what you're getting into. It may actually increase your chances of seeing it through if you know ahead of time.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.