[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

premature deindustrialization

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

premature deindustrialization
>>
Add low wages to the massive college debts and quickly disappearing jobs

We are all born in just the right time to witness societal collapse.
>>
I make more than my parents but I was lucky.
>>
>>36526698
Millenials are shit scared of taking risks or pursuing new thinga. This leads to less entrepreneurs and less people becoming successful.

Fucking idiots. Enjoy the wageslavery. That's safe (here's a secret: it's not)
>>
>>36526905

>Le millenial meme
>>
>>36526905
Do you want every millennial to become the founder of a new start-up delivery service or something?
>>
Honestly there's the tools to create a better future for everyone, modern technology allows for that. What's really lacking is education.
>>
>24
>$46,700 salary in a cheap, comfy, rural part of the country
>malls, major outlets about a 15-20 minutes away
>just bought a new construction 3 bedroom house, huge backyard
>built brand new fence and shed
>going on a 7 day vacation to a beach house in June
>proposing to my qt gf while I'm there

you mad, cucks?
>>
>>36526979
why are you smug about being lucky..?
>>
>>36526979
How much debt faggot
>>
>>36527058

Not lucky, just hard work

>>36527067

zero student loan debt, zero credit card debt, $138 monthly, $950 mortgage
>>
>>36527112

$138 car payment that is
>>
>>36526969
>What's really lacking is education.
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/23/opinion/paul-krugman-knowledge-isnt-power.html
>>
>>36527245
._. if you were smart you wouldn't be complaining on a Chinese cartoon website about how the world is terrible, you'd be living a happy life of abundance

t. successful happy anon
>>
>>36527294
Did you mean to reply to me?
o
>>
>>36527294
how can I become happy and successful like you, friend?
>>
>>36527319
Yes, knowledge is power, fuck paul Krugman

Work smart, not hard. Etc... money doesn't buy happiness, a life well lived is one with friends etc

Someone with the smarts to turn uranium into electricity is someone who understands, quite literally, knowledge is power.
>>
File: Wagieraaagie.png (160KB, 281x419px) Image search: [Google]
Wagieraaagie.png
160KB, 281x419px
>tfw want to buy a house but the monthly mortage is around 7k for a decent house where i live
>>
>>36527355
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KkKuTCFvzI

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/17/map-happiness-benchmark_n_5592194.html

Engage in social activity within your community/friends/family, work at an entry level position and either work your way up to afford a trade/community college/or get financial aid or join the military.
>>
>>36527374
Did you bother to read the article or just the url?
>>
>>36527418
I'm not a magical life genie, your millage may vary. But there is science as to what makes for a happy full life.
>>
>>36527418
>work at an entry level position and either work your way up to afford a trade/community college/or get financial aid or join the military.
I'm too old to join the military in my country (age limit is somewhere in the 20s), do you think going to college is a good idea in my 30s or should I just suck it up and become a wagelord with no expectations?
>>
>>36527427
No because I don't need to. I understand that income disparity is a bad thing and is not only hurting the lives of average people but is also hurting the economy it's self. I also do not care to read an article with such a sensationalist title as "Knowledge isn't power". I have no interest in it, and just, no, no thank you.
>>
File: 1491512537360.jpg (33KB, 373x404px) Image search: [Google]
1491512537360.jpg
33KB, 373x404px
>>36527374
mmm platitudes
>>
>>36527485
I can't tell you what to do with your life... but there is such a thing as upward mobility in life, don't let some economist tell you that you'll never be anything more than a minimum wage employee. If you play your cards right, you can get ahead in this world.
>>
>>36527489
>No
Then why did you reply?
>>
>>36527524
Because I enjoy conversation and non-heated debate.
>>
>>36527539
It seems like waste of time to try and discuss something you refuse to read.
>>
>>36526698
Why is that tub full of brains?
>>
>>36527558
I guess so

orginal comenttoooooo
>>
>>36527112
>$950 mortgage

So hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt then.
>>
My dad gave me a mobile home. Now I work as a cashier. Trying to save up to buy a car. If I wanted to I could probably get education to get a better job. I don't want a better job though. A better job would come with more stress. I just want to be able to support myself. I'll be married soon and that will help. I pay $245 a month in lot rent. That isn't much. All my other bills add up but I can probably figure out ways to reduce costs.

As a cashier my hourly wage tops out at $13.50 a month. I can do more than just survive on that. My father worked as a welder and probably made more than that but that work is pretty much gone and now he works for the city maintaining vehicles.

Long term I wouldn't mind finding a government job either. It would be worth it for the benefits alone. With my wife contributing I'll be able to live comfortably.

Does anyone care about that? Living comfortably? With their Internet, water, trash, electric, and heat bills paid? With a working vehicle and a roof over your head? Food in the fridge?

Is the value of my life defined by how much I am able to consume? The things I am able to buy? Do I need a brand new car and a nicer house to be happy? Because I would be happy just being able to put new carpet in this place and fix the skirting.

Maybe I'll never own a real house like my dad does. I don't care. I'll send my kids to a better school than the one I went to if I have any. I'll make sure they are able to participate in extracurricular activities if they want to. I'll save money for them to go to college too. I was disappointed that I never had these experiences myself and I wouldn't bring a child into this world unless I was prepared to offer these things to them.

The outgoing generation, the baby boomers, are selfish and stupid. They wanted to have all the things but after they used them up they balked at the idea for paying for the same for the next generation. Hopefully my generation is smarter.
>>
>>36527616
a 1k mortage likely means his house is less than 200k, which isnt that much to pay off at all
>>
>>36526698
How the fuck does pic related even happens
>>
>>36527616

enjoy paying landlords all your life cuck
>>
>>36528080
>paying landlords all your life
>paying bank all your life

Hmm.
>>
>>36528225
you know eventually the house becomes yours after you pay it off, right?
>>
>>36528243
And then you get to pay tax on your property. You don't own shit and you'll never be free from throwing money away.
>>
File: smug13.jpg (55KB, 900x810px) Image search: [Google]
smug13.jpg
55KB, 900x810px
>>36528243

>Eventually

Good goy, keep thinking that :)
>>
>>36528243
>65 years old
>finally own your house
>die
>>
>>36528339
property tax isnt that much unless your house is extremely expensive, in which case you probably couldn't afford the property tax since you could afford buying it in the first place. besides houses in general gain value so you can always sell it later when you're older and make a decent profit.

my parent's house bought at 450k is now worth over 2 million, and i guarantee you they didnt pay 1,550,000 in taxes and interest.
>>
>>36528412
>>36528392
A great way to get around this problem is buying a house within your earning potential
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.