[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i stay motivated enough about something so I can work

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1235432565478.jpg (26KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
1235432565478.jpg
26KB, 500x432px
how do i stay motivated enough about something so I can work towards getting a job in that area and giving my life some kind of meaning.

Literally every time I become passionate about something, I get bored or some shit gets in the way to stop my progress. I am FUCKING DESPERATE to have a passion. Every time I fail I think suicide is the only answer, because nothing seems interesting to me at all.
>>
you and I are in the same boat.

I think I will kill myself.
>>
You need to see the doctor. It's depression.
>>
adderall
or discipline
your choice, really
>>
>>36525098
I know I probably do. But with my current living situation my parents would find out, and they tend to fucking panic. The thought I actually did try to kill myself one time when I accidentally drank too much vodka. I didn't try kill myself, but the fact that they jumped to that conclusion has put me off ever talking to them about my metal health.
>>
Discipline > motivation

Just promise yourself you will work on your project at least 10 minutes a day. 10 minutes isn't as intimidating and it tricks your brain into getting over the barrier of simply getting started. Getting started is actually the most difficult part, that's why you should try to minimize the pressure by saying you will only work 10 minutes.
>>
>>36524633
you just need to stop being a lazy piece of shit. its that simple. you just force yourself to do shit. stop being a lazy faggot.
>>
I found an excellent way to study. I play the educational videos related to my field in the background, and then I play a music playlist at an even lower volume so they're audibly engaging, then I go play a video-game. That way I don't get bored. Doing this, I can study consistently and not die of boredom.

People need to produce this more, so education isn't so boring. Imagine if in class you could play video-games and listen to music while listening to lecture. Class attendance would increase 300%. I'm a genius, I know.
>>
>>36525098
It's not depression, it's the fact that we're 21st century animals and simply sitting and reading a book isn't as engaging as it once was. We need to be stimulated mentally in order to learn or else we get bored. I can't stand teachers who told me it's my fault I failed their class when they were shitty fucking teachers.
>>
>>36524633
lazy fuck. get off your ass
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.