[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What phase are you at, robotos?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 13

File: 1493064050757.png (220KB, 1199x444px) Image search: [Google]
1493064050757.png
220KB, 1199x444px
What phase are you at, robotos?
>>
I'm 26 and I can feel the transition to 27 now, this seems accurate desu
>>
18-20

I already don't care for tfw no gf or anything at all. I don't have interests and all new things I try aren't interesting. I should probably end it before it gets to the later stages
>>
20 year-old here, at what age does it become "too late"?
>>
Doom phase.
>>
Enlist in the military. Regardless of age, this will stop this process, and get your life on the right track.
>>
>>36523901
Will they take a 26yo ex junky with history of depression though?
>>
>>36523316
>24-26
Shit that's close to me. I know 8 people, fucking 8, that are either married or getting married. Ever since I told my patents about my depression all interactions have been seriously fucking awkward. But I'm grad school so that's a bonus. I'm currently failing ;_;
>>
File: wizarhoodtruth.png (31KB, 1123x393px) Image search: [Google]
wizarhoodtruth.png
31KB, 1123x393px
This is the stage that I'm personally at
>>
I'm at 21 and it describes my perfectly. Most of the people I went to HS with are having kids and stuff, I'm just fucking around and getting black out drunk

>>36523901
Tried this and was literally a day away from taking the oath and joining the British Army when I failed the very last check of the medical. Can't try again until I hit 22 I'm sure
>>
Where should I go with a high school degree?

Ausfag
>>
>>36523901
I'm an unfit 33yo NEET with schizophrenia
There's no way I'd make it in the military
>>
>>36523933
Strictly speaking no. But people do routinely get into the military and stay in the military if they are functional. Are you drug free and currently capable of being a functional human being?>>36523968
>>
>>36523316

I'm at the 24-26 phase. Fortunately my mother is one of those people who is and always will be proud of me even though I'm an abject failure. As such, I will be spared from the worst of it.
>>
>>36523991
>
sorry to hear. at least the advice applies to some people though.
>>
>>36523901
I was considering joining the Navy or USAF, but I have asthma which shows no signs of recuperation or ease. It was quite disappointing for me to get asthma and lose the only idea of a future for myself.

I should just join something shitty like the French Foreign Legion. At least I would learn some good skills.
>>
i'm 21 and got an associates degree at a trade school, never had a real job but am moving out of state to where there are actually jobs in my field

but so far everything else seems accurate. i dont feel like ive accomplished anything

>>36523933
because he can fight like he has nothing left to lose
>>
>>36523880
you've got time if you make a conscious effort now
>>
The worst part after reaching doom phase is that you don't feel like 30. It's like my mental development is still stuck where it was when I was 18
>>
File: 82u3.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
82u3.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>36523901
good goyim. doing all the heavy lifting here
>>
>>36524011
Yeah drug free anon
>>
>>36524095
Being a grunt for ZOG is better than being a zero.
>>
>>36523316
I'll be a sergeant or lieutenant by the time I'm 24 so I hope I'll have accumulated any type friend
>>
File: Living The NEET Dream.png (49KB, 831x846px) Image search: [Google]
Living The NEET Dream.png
49KB, 831x846px
>>36523901
>Enlist in the military.
This is excellent advice, but only in the sense that it's worth a shot. Two years in the Air Force did jack shit for me, once I was discharged for PT test failures I was right back to being an aspergets NEET failure.

So if any fellow robots do join the military, exercise every single day. Don't let your overwhelming anxiety and lack of motivation deter you. Although that's impossible for many of us, including myself.
>>
>>36523316
Inbetween the first and the second (collegefag)

I feel fucking horrible and I wish I didn't have to live real life. Real life has cars, sunny days and conversations. I only want to spend all my time on my PC forever out of touch with reality
>>
>>36524113
Go for it lad. Godspeed.
>>
>>36524128
I'm not trying to be mean, but there is really no excuse for failing the Air Force's PT test. Maybe re-enlist as prior service and get it right? You would be able to skip basic, yes?
>>
File: 1493014657806.jpg (51KB, 639x471px) Image search: [Google]
1493014657806.jpg
51KB, 639x471px
>>36523316
21-23

My god he's right about everything
>>
>>36524128
Ship tomorrow for airforce. Feels good. I'll think about mowing down normies as motivation. (would never do in real life but we can dream)
>>
>>36524036
Thanks
The worst part is that every man in my family for the last four generations has served in the military.
If I was 18 again, or I could go back and warn my younger self, i'd tell myself to enlist. Being in the military is goyish but it's also a fairly good life compared to being/becoming a 30yo NEET
>>
>>36524149
Thanks anon, I promise to call the army office tomorrow
>>
>>36523316
21-23 but some things from 24-26 and even 27-29 apply to me.

I've been wanting and trying to get my life back on track. I'm not giving up yet but lately I'm feeling hopeless again.
>>
>>36523901
No no no no no. The recruiters need to fuck off arcanine. I feel for this meme, I cannot recommend against it enough
>>
File: My Life As A Painting.jpg (871KB, 1277x849px) Image search: [Google]
My Life As A Painting.jpg
871KB, 1277x849px
>>36524165
>there is really no excuse for failing the Air Force's PT test

Don't worry, I've heard that same sentiment countless times. My explanation is that there are very, very different levels of robotdom. The robots who are so emaciated and skelly (like myself) have a dramatically harder time doing the 35 pushups, 42 situps, and 1.5 mile run in 13 minutes. I know every single average male would be like "oh, that's super easy bro" but for an Auschwitz-mode autist with lyme disease, who can't even go to the gym do to agoraphobic panic attacks, it's as hard as a noob attempting a Dark Souls Level 1 Run.

It's funny, all the comments I've read over time mentioning how easy it is to pass the PT test really made me realize how wildly varied robotdom truly is. Some robots have a great deal of hope and potential. Other robots, like myself, have nothing. No hope, no future, no fitness, no social ability, nothing.
>>
>>36524287
I'm pretty skelly and only the 1.5 mile run would make me squirm at the thought
But with time, practice and knowing I only had to do it once; it would be quite do-able

Why don't you spend 6 months practicing and then re-enlist?
>>
i'm on my way out
>>
>>36524176
>doing anything ever in the usaf
>>
>>36523316
Nearing doom phase, but he's not 100 percent right about human nature. Him using maybe is a faggy way to lump the whole human race into his metaphorical stamps of phases.

If a felon can get married after decades of incarceration, robots could. He's an overly negative faggot.

The truth. Nothing ever held you back then dissapeared at any point, so...

Truthfully...

Is that you were doomed from the start. When you didn't get your first gf at a young age, friends, and all of that in middle and HS. If you didn't fuck anyone by age 16 you'll probably fail at life.
>>
File: A Robot's Second Life.jpg (222KB, 680x836px) Image search: [Google]
A Robot's Second Life.jpg
222KB, 680x836px
>>36524165
>>36524311
Also, I meant to add that I appreciate your recommendation, and I definitely do wish I could take up that option of re-enlisting, but unfortunately it's impossible for me for many different reasons (main one being the type of discharge I got.) But thank you for the advice anyway. I could technically join a different branch but I'd need to lift weights and train for a year or so (I look like I just escaped a concentration camp) and more importantly fix my mental illness, which I'm not even sure is actually possible.
>>
>>36524287
I spoke too soon. Pax vobiscum fellow roboto.
>>
>>36523316
>19
Im about to graduate college and go to university for a course that is the best in the country for where I am going, I have a handful of amazing friends, some of them are nerdy 4chan users why plays vidya and gets drunk with me, other friends are hippie fags who go to music festivals and does drugs. I am in the middle.
>>
>>36524131
It feels horrible yet I cannot stop. Every time I try to fix it, I fucking hate it, so its a cycle of misery really. If I'm not on my PC I'm miserable.
>>
>>36524351
It's the easiest one besides the army dipshit
>>
>>36524384
Not to worry my brethren. I honestly have no clue how I passed MEPS and basic training, I guess a combination of suppressing my autism and pure adrenaline for the final PT test. But I'm in a much, much worse state now than I was back then. Even the military psychiatrist (who diagnosed me with paranoid schizoid disorder) noted that he could tell my mental state had been far more damaged than six months before.

Then again, there are robots who would probably consider me a cyborg for even being able to pass basic, so it really is true how very wide the robot spectrum is.
>>
>>36524128
What does it mean if I always feel like the first pic of him at the computer?
>>
File: greatcanadianoilchange.png (394KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
greatcanadianoilchange.png
394KB, 620x349px
>>36523316

>30+ Doom.

lol, that's what every teenager thinks.

Whoever wrote this is being disingenious. It's idiotic to suggest that everyone has their lives figured out by 20-- Not to mention, alot of those people will have setbacks and fuckups possibly worse than yours.

This guideline is so disconnected from reality that it's veritably useless. There's a big wide world out there, and nobody gives a fuck that you don't fit in. Your enjoyment of life doesnt have to end just because you're an outcast or mentally ill.

My guess is, whoever wrote this probably didn't get help for his problems.

If you're one of us, you should be kinder to yourself, and get help too.
>>
>>36524559
USAF is way easier than any other branch
>>
>>36523316
>26 in may
>lost/alienated all irl friends
>have a decent job that gets cut in august
>could probably get another
>live with parents
>perpetual tension and awkward silence
>40k in student loans from worthless degree
>mom has dementia and is an insufferable cunt

i'm comfortably numb i suppose. my skin has thickened by getting slashed on the shattered glass from my broken family
>>
>>36524662
im gonna have to agree with this quite originally
>>
>>36524662
>>36524785
you're in denial, family
>>
>>36524952

Nope. Not even egyptian.

But nice try.
>>
Almost a wizard
25 here no driver license thank god for my parents though they are not bad people

Neet of course
>>
>>36525022
>nope
spoken like a true person in denial
>>
>>36524952
denial of what you dickwagon?
>>
>>36524687
>my skin has thickened by getting slashed on the shattered glass from my broken family
be careful not to cut yourself again on that edge
>>
>>36525312
yea i knew someone was gonna find that edgy
>>
>>36525235

what does "almost a wizard" mean
>>
>>36523316
24-26, fell like 27-29
Maybe I'm jsut advanced for my age, people always said I was mature.
>>
>>36524662
I'm turning 31 in a few months and while I am in therapy now it feels like my time is running out. Even if I would magically fix myself tomorrow all the stuff I've missed would leave a permanent scar on my mind, you're not going to recover fully from that, ever. So much wasted time.
>>
File: 1276117403630.jpg (19KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
1276117403630.jpg
19KB, 225x350px
THIRTY SOON LADS
NO BRAKES ON THE MISERY TRAIN WOO WOO
>too late to make new friends
>too late to experience the best years of my life
>too late to have sex with cute young men
>too late to establish a good career
>too late to do anything but convince myself the robot life is the best
>>
>>36525624
>cute young men

all sympathy lost. fuck off.
>>
>>36525670
wait until you hit 30 and your ONLY chance of intimate encounters are used up roasties with children
>>
I'm 24 in a few months. I already feel dread 24/7.
>>
>>36525682
ill fly to thailand/TJ/or Russia and fuck prostitutes once/twice a year.
>>
File: 1469609580850.jpg (65KB, 1146x863px) Image search: [Google]
1469609580850.jpg
65KB, 1146x863px
>mfw that picture is valid only for poorfags
>my family is so fucking rich i can be a neet for the rest of my life
>my fucking face when
>>
>>36525701
>going on vacation
you don't belong in this thread, norman
>>
32 years old friendless, kissless, virgin here. Not a NEET, have a job, but besides that I don't go out.
After you're 30 you're starting to just resign yourself to being alone. When you truly, finally accept that there will be no one else in your life, it's like a heavy weight drops from your back. The despair fades, you stop caring about others. You start feeling good with yourself. It's not life, but this existence doesn't hurt.
>>
>Level 27 wizard apprentice
>Haven't talked to friends in years
>Barely consume anime/vidya anymore
Though I did graduate college and have a comfy work-from-home job. Anime/vidya have mostly been replaced by more constructive hobbies, and the past few years my happiness has been steadily increasing.
>>
>>36525765
sounds good anon

t. 26 y/o
>>
>>36525746
>anything that anyone can do with x amount of money
>normies out

stfu lol
>>
>>36524176
Call it in
>>
>>36525590

Maybe you feel that way because it's true for all of us? will you forgive yourself for missing out?

yes. time moves forward, always. There is no escaping it.

That can apply to bad things, too. When something is far in the past, it's easier to move on from it. I'm 35.
>>
>>36525868
It feels weird to say, but I feel like I've only waken up recently. I don't know if I can ever get past the lost time but I really hope the therapy helps me to finally start living. Somehow.
>>
File: 1492709281239.jpg (92KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1492709281239.jpg
92KB, 500x667px
>26
>Friendless, virgin NEET living in parents' home
>Diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety disorders
>No interest in any school subject (college drop-out)
>No interest in any career field
>No hobbies; just browse the Internet all day (can't even work up the nerve to play vidya anymore)
>No aspirations, dreams, or goals
>No desire for a gf/wife or a family
>No desire to travel the world or experience new things
>No desire to become wealthy and own a big house, fancy car, etc.
>Everything feels pointless and not worth the effort

Suicide feels like a rational decision and I'm getting closer and closer to planning it out and executing it. Probably using something like an exit bag or burning charcoal in my cramped bedroom.
>>
File: IMG_0243.jpg (81KB, 640x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0243.jpg
81KB, 640x591px
>>36523316
I like what Pink Floyd says about this process
>Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
>Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way
>Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
>Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
>Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
>You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
>And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
>No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
>>
>>36525954
yea either get busy living or get busy dying. im also 26
>>
>>36525981
>tfw kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown
>>
>>36525929

That doesn't sound weird at all, anon.

Life will always be rocky--- make sure you ask about coping mechanisms, because a functional life requires both failure and sacrifice. I only wish I was honest with my therapist sooner.
>>
>>36525954

Anon, this is me to a T. Are you my clone or am I a clone of you?
>>
>>36526159
Thanks for the nice words, anon. I hope I get my shit together.
>>
>>36523316
30+

got two degrees,no job and no gf and actually dont even care, aging makes all things less stressfull
>>
>>36523316
im 21

never went to middle school or high school or college, never had a job, never had friends or acquaintances

there is no "everyone" i compare myself to, i compare myself to nobody

i don't have a family i just have a dad but he hates me and tolerates the gnats better

yes i am an alcoholic full of self-loathing but i can't regret something i don't understand

my dad accepted that i was a failure capable of nothing but disappointment when i was born pretty much, so i don't understand these stages, i don't relate to people who are stil living their lives and are clinging onto hope in some form

just weird
>>
File: 1445130106077.png (1MB, 935x670px) Image search: [Google]
1445130106077.png
1MB, 935x670px
>>36523316

>23
>about to get kicked out of college
>haven't had a real conversation with anyone in 5 years

NO

NO NO NO

HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL OF THIS

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>36525981
i typed this piece in typeracer hundreds of times

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>36524662
>If you're one of us, you should be kinder to yourself, and get help too.
qft
There's enough difficulty and suffering without us being hard on ourselves.
Robots aren't typically very good at accepting kindness, so maybe this is a good way to practice.

>>36525929
> I don't know if I can ever get past the lost time
You can. Check out 'sunk cost fallacy'. Helped me get a little perspective on a lot of 'wasted years'.
>>
>>36526775
>sunk cost fallacy
I don't really get what this has to do with trying to avoid losses when it already happened.
>>
>>36527059
it means that you realize that the losses are already done and you will not get them back, so don't waste more time on them
>>
>>36523316
I'm at 29 burgeoning on 30
24 irl lololololoolololololololololol I cannot stop laffin
>>
>>36527059
Experiments have demonstrated that people behave differently depending on the meaning they prescribe to events and circumstances.

Condition 1
>you go to the movies
>when you go to purchase your ticket, you find you've lost $10, the exact cost of a ticket
>what do you do, call it a loss and go home, or buy your ticket anyway and see the show?
Most people buy a ticket and see the show.

Condition 2
>you buy a $10 movie ticket early in the day
>when you go back to the theater for the showing, you realize you've lost the ticket
>what do you do, call it a loss and go home, or buy a new ticket?
Most people go home.

What's the difference between a person in group 1 and group 2?
Both are out the same amount of money.
But the one who had already used it to purchase a ticket interpreted the loss as meaningful feedback about their decision and decided that movies are bad investments.

You've done the same with your years, instead of your dollars.
Those years are gone.
You can either go home, out of respect for your unsuccessfully invested years, or you can spend your remaining years buying a new ticket and seeing the show.
>>
>>36527550
whoah, I've never heard this one! Thank you for posting this!
>>
>>36523316
21, still in college. I've done a few odd jobs but thats it as far as work. Can't get hired because socially inept.
>>
>>36524662
This.

At 27 I should have this dread of never having a life according to OP. Things are looking up for me now

>NEET'd it up for 2 years after engineering school
>know I will never work as an engineer
>got my shit sorted in the last 3 years
>have a decent job as a cook where I am learning new things every day
>still have a core group of friends
>debt free with cash in the bank
>cycli/n/g weather has returned

I bought a car outright with cash last week. Reached out to a few lenders today to see if I can get a mortgage.
>>
>>36527881
gj anon oregon trail
>>
>>36525765
Isn't this the path to weird, expensive hobbies?
Like custom made svarowski piss bottles
>>
>>36523316
22 now, two years ago 21-23 felt dead accurate for me. Still in college though, gonna graduate soon and I've been making some progress on myself. Maybe I'll make it yet. Or maybe I'll crash and burn and fall right back into that cycle.
>>
>>36524287
I agree completely about there being different kinds of robots. I'm in the same boat as you, I'm a bit underweight and exercise is really hard on me and it makes me light-headed. I tried enlisting in the Navy but I couldn't even pass MEPS because I failed the fuck walk. My recruiters tried encouraging me to keep trying but I knew I would never be able to pass basic training, it would have just been a waste of time and another disappointment in my life.

I've never met anybody in real life who thought that running a mile is hard, everyone just unanimously agrees that it's easy as hell... I've never understood that
>>
26. keep myself afloat with crappy jobs. tired and hate filled. accepted that i'm gonna be alone forever. perpetually high. basically just waiting to die at this point

just holding on till the next delivery of stupid horseshit into my life. lose job. things get worse with family. homeless. just push me over the edge. i hate life
>>
>>36523316
I'm only 16 (underage) but I feel doomed, I tried going to trade school but all the chads there made me uncomfortable.
>>
>>36523316
>tfw 32
>tfw that one word sums up my life atm
Im stuck, ive come about as far as i can make it in life but all ive managed to do is hold down a grocery job and buy a car, rent a place to live.
Those are my only achievements of my 20's.
Well my only normalfag achievements.
Im proud of other things but they either dont matter in the real world, or i was too much of a pussy to act on it and make something of it.
Robots if youre still young go to college and dont give up, its better than wearing down your bones working a slave labour job until youre a sad lonely old man like .
>>
>>36523316
Going on 26 this year. But a lot of this doesn't apply to me because my direct family coddles me pretty much. Hell it's why I'm a useless piece of shit in the first place. My family loves me and I love them. Close family at least, I don't have contact with my various aunts and uncles and cousins and nieces/nephews.

I welcome my doom.
>>
>>36523901
I tried. They don't take people on medication for mental disorders
>>
>>36523901
no it won't, stop shilling this shit
you work like a dog 12 hours a day
the food is shit
you'll be away from your family
you get treated like a child
It's just another way of delaying the inevitable
>>
>>36524120
No it isn't. It's actively worse.
>>
28 NEET here

it is not that bad

I still have plans to turn my life around
I'm struggling to build discipline. Apparently discipline is everything
>>
>>36528250
If you go that route, keep you head down, don't drive drunk, and keep track of your money. Hands on skills with a business sense can make a good buck.

Having worked in the semi-skilled trades(previously landscaping, currently a cook) the work hard party harder lifestyle has a fair share of DUIs, ODs, and debt.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.