[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a Job?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: 1492672111044.png (592KB, 914x898px) Image search: [Google]
1492672111044.png
592KB, 914x898px
Im dropping out of uni and deciding to get a job so i can eventually move out and live alone

everytime i look on the job sites they are only shitty jobs like wedding photographers or random electrical support or some shit, there doesnt seem to be any normal sounding jobs

how do you robots find jobs and what jobs would you recommend for a robot, i can do social stuff if i need to cause im not a complete sperg, im a britbong if it matters
>>
Where do ya live OP?
>>
>>36517528
>2017
>working
look at this fucking loser. go ask advice on aidsbook or something
>>
Why drop out of uni? You'd be able to apply for higher level jobs if you complete uni.
>>
>>36517528
nightshift jobs, retail, security guard, tech support, staffing agencies(pretty good, mostly manufacturing third shift)
>>
>>36517648
live in essex atm
>>
Data entry desu. It's cozy as fuck.
>>
How close are you to finishing uni? Because if you're close it's better to leave with a meme degree than have wasted time and money for nothing
>>
>>36519015
what exactly is that?

do you just sit at a desk putting values in a spreadsheet? would i have to learn all the random excel equations?
>>
>>36519128
first year out of 4, doing mechanical engineering

i absolutely hate the people there and really wanna start getting a constant income instead of loan money
>>
>>36517528
>ayyyy faggot, just effing graduate first then get a job and live alone in your own terms.

t. diploma
>>
>>36519583
I dropped out of college and I'm working on getting certifications instead, gunna make more money this way and it'll only take me about a year or two.

I hate living with my parents, and they were always abusive and robbed me of any sense of stability. So I guess I'll go back to college later in life if I really want to.
>>
>>36517528
I would recommend retail and or the food industry.

or, whatever you can get.
>>
>>36519583
Fuck that, it's another 3 years of writing and sitting in a class full of Pakis, niggers and cringey normies
>>
Try working in a trade. That's honestly probably your only option if you drop out.
>>
>>36519691
I don't like how people in college look down on people who drop-out or can't afford college.

I'm teaching me self to be a programmer, and I'm working on lining up my resume to land me jobs making 40-60 an hour, when I see tech support jobs that offer 15 an hour requiring a BS in computer science on Dice/Indeed

I'm sick of people looking down on me for my whole life, and when I land a great job and a steady source of income normies will have to eat their fucking words.
>>
>>36519015
this is my job. in a lot of ways its ideal because I dont have to interact with people. I basically just generate excel spreadsheets and email them to my boss. its not very stressful, and i make ok money i guess , like $17/hr.

the downsides: theyve basically told me that i have no room advancement. I basically will be doing this forever. no room for promotion. And im prety much making as much as i'll ever make. so ive been doing the exact same thing for 3 years now, and this is all i have to look forward too. I pretty much dont even think and just have my brain on autopilot all day.

I keep wondering if i should leave. But what if I cant find anythng better? I mean i dont totally hate it, its just...unfulfilling.
>>
>>36519015
STOP USING THIS FUCKING WORD DATA ENTRY IS NOT FUCKING COZY OR EASILY ACCESSIBLE FOR A COLLEGE DROP OUT

NO ONE IS GOING TO HIRE SOMEONE THATWAS TOO LAZY TO FINISH COLLEGE TO CRUNCH NUMBERS AND CATALOGUE USER DATA
HOLY FUCK
>>
>>36519643
Literally veryone is doing what you're doing now retard.
People that dropped out are swarming to trades and certs and oversaturating the market
You're in for a rude Awakening if you actually think youll be more employable with certs
>>
>>36519691
You mean those same trades other college drop outs are running to?
Yeah good luck with that.
You are going to be competing with some army vet that got trade skills for free and experience as well as the illegals that hold on to them for dear life.
>>
>>36519897
no offense but you sound really entitled
>>
>>36520134
Every no on a job search is one no closer to a yes

Finding a job, and doing well on interviews/creating a resume is just as important as having the nessicary qualifications.
>>
>>36519897
Don't tell the people you work with, but find something you want to do that makes more money, if that's what you want, build up your qualifications/resume, then once you have the job put in your 2 week notice and keep your previous job as a reference.

It's important that you don't burn any bridges.
>>
>>36520237
i'm entitled because i want a job that i enjoy and dont want to keep doing brainless tasks that a monkey could do?
>>
>>36519743
Maybe try making a digital lego simulator for autists online??

i think this is a really good idea
>>
>>36520439
What a stupid idea, digital Legos? That would never work.
>>
>>36520394
Because youre whining about having a easy stress free job making 17$hr and the reason is because you feel like you're not making a "impact"

try being a dishwasher then come talk to me
>>
>>36520266
Dont say nobody warned your ass
>>
>>36520553
I will be successful, I can do anything I put my mind to.
>>
>trades are oversaturated

Seems like the last choice is be a really strong male and become an oilman or hardcore fisher
>>
>>36519897
This sounds like a job that would be automated in 10 years or so.
>>
>>36520572
Sure you can sport. Just keep that motivation when youre waiting in the unemployment line.
>>
Just join the military. WTF do you have to lose?
>>
>>36520918
>3rd generation electrician and general construction
>found out there are Mexicans doing our jobs with out proper permits, licenses and insurance for faction of the cost

Literally trek our jerbs
>>
>>36521131
mmm oil up ?
>>
>>36521128
legs for instance
>>
>>36520918
>oilman
this doesnt exist anymore or id do it
>>
>>36521294
Offshore oil rig companies tend to hire young men, but you need a lot of connections. Basically someone that's already employed with them or has had a good history with one of the contractors.
Its impossible for a random nobody to get hired.
Which is a shame, becasue all the money you make is tax free and you rake in thousands within just a few weeks.
>>
Factory work. Especially if they can train you to be a crane operator. The pay is actually decent, even when starting out.
>>
File: ST_Series_Robot.288192526_std.jpg (63KB, 800x996px) Image search: [Google]
ST_Series_Robot.288192526_std.jpg
63KB, 800x996px
>>36521380
Hi there.
Hope you didnt have any plans
>>
>>36521421
Being a crane operator can lead to more jobs than factory work so if you get replaced you have the exp and training done to get another job that's above min wage and doesn't require a degree you don't have
>>
>>36521779
That's not a crane you literal retard lol
>>
>>36521128
>Get sent to combat to fight sand niggers
>Get PTSD or life altering injury
>Getting a real job afterwards is still hard since shooting Muhammad with an M16A4 at 300M isn't a skill most employers are looking for. Good luck getting skills in the military that actually apply to civilian life
>WW3 looming around the corner
>No Personal freedom for 4 years
etc.

No a robot shouldn't join the fucking military.
>>
>>36517528
Flip furniture or something like that. I hear it sells easy
>>
>>36522248
>what is a furniture store
I think it's been done before. Not really a groundbreaking genius idea.
>>
Waiter. Pays better than I though at a nice restaurant.
>>
>>36522310
I meant selling it online retard. It's easy to sell furniture.
>>
>>36522385
>"sell furniture online"
Yup bet no one has thought of that one before
>>
>>36517528
Ok here is what you do anon.
Find a couple people who will let you list them as references. Ideally these are people you've worked for, but neighbors and clergy can work in a pinch. If you need to volunteer for some stupid community bullshit just to get someone who will sign off on the idea that you will show up and do work, then volunteer.

Read through craiglist. Look for the following phrases.

>No experience necessary
>Will train
>Entry level
>Clean criminal record
>apply in person (this one is good because you can get the application process over and know the answer)

Avoid anything like Uber or things that say "self motivated", that shit is a scam.

send the ads that look decent to your emal address
figure out which ones require applications forms online, which ones require resumes and cover letters, and which ones let you apply in person
Plan to make trips the next few mornings to the businesses that let you apply in person.
Now that you have your travel worked out, start filling out whatever applications you can.
After a few applications you probably have considered your experience enough to write up a resume. If you cannot make a resume at this point, focus more and more on entry level "no experience required" jobs.
>>
>>36521380
Factory work should really only be done as a last resort. Whatever you can get that doesn't require skills already is going to pay less than working a counter somewhere.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.