[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies love Nietzsche?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 15

File: Nietzsche187c.jpg (2MB, 1956x2940px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187c.jpg
2MB, 1956x2940px
Why do normies love Nietzsche?
>>
they don't even heard of him except
'le god is dead' - nitch
'le nitch is dead' god
so it not even love but more jesusfaggotry
>>
Philosophy Major here

He was a great writer so many of his sentences are taking out of context( "God is Dead"..."What doesn't kill you makes you stronger",,,,"There is much festivity in cruelty"). Many wannabe atheistic libertarian edgelords flock to him also for his Overman concept.

In both cases they grossly misunderstand the man.
>>
>>36517447
They don't and they don't understand his ideas. They either think he's a fascist or nihilist, which he isn't. He was a robot just like us.
>>
>>36517447
They pretend to understand his philosophies but fail miserably. It's so they can seem smart
>>
File: 1491021884155.jpg (263KB, 733x550px) Image search: [Google]
1491021884155.jpg
263KB, 733x550px
Hey I'm no normie.

I'm a nihilist though because there is no way I could see life having purpose. Your life is like a second of nothing on a cosmic scale and will 99% not affect the world in an important way.
>>
>>36517551
Nietzsche did have sex at least once or twice.

But he was devoted to his vocation to autistic levels and lost most of this friends.

Went to the loony bin for stopping a man from beating a horse one hot Italian afternoon.
>>
Because he has so many sentences that are beautifully worded, and therefore are perfect for out of context instagram captions. Then they read that one single sentence out of context, and, because it says so much in one sentence, (but doesn't actually reflect his concepts as a whole) they now claim to understand/read philosophy.
>>
>>36517536
>Philosophy Major here
What's your opinion on Kierkegaard?
>>
>>36517583
Nietzsche wasn't a nihilist they way you are thinking about. Nietzsche desired to demolish all moral certainties so you could create your own values. At the end of section two of The Genealogy of Morals Nietzsche calls for The Anti-Christ and the Anti-Nihilist.
>>
>>36517536
What were his actual views? I'm guessing the polar opposite?
>>
>>36517623
>Nietzsche desired to demolish all moral certainties so you could create your own values
So you kill god in order to become god yourself?
>>
>>36517616
Difficult thinker because he was purposely always taking the piss out of the philosophy. He's logical to the point of absurdity. However, he is hilarious at times and his passion comes through in all his works.
>>
>>36517674
Oy vey, that's actually some pretty good shit
>>
>>36517674
If you think of God as the ultimate creator then yes. The will to power constantly overtakes the Overman.
>>
>>36517683
Are there any good modern philosophers?
>>
>>36517623
I've only read bits of Thus Spoke Zarathustra I must admit. However I also agree with that sentiment - morality is totally subjective.
>>
>>36517736
Slavoj Zizek and Jacques Lacan are good starters.
>>
>>36517753
>I've only read bits of Thus Spoke Zarathustra
You can't make a good conclusion
>>
>>36517634
On the point of atheism he thought it was the ultimate culmination of all religious thought. That finally religion overtook itself--all that was left was Truth. Atheist could be as slavish to strife for truth as the Christian.

Another point is that he was not a nihilist--more so a perspectivist.
>>
>>36517719
>Overman
So what's the endgame of Overman?
>>
>>36517769
they sound Iike fags lmao
>>
>>36517773
I'm definitely poorly read on Neitzche's work, but I stand by my opinions.
>>
>>36517447
Because they misunderstand him.
>>
>>36517794
>my opinions
Do you know what Descartes said about opinions , Hmm?
>>
File: 92Q62wf.jpg (11KB, 277x329px) Image search: [Google]
92Q62wf.jpg
11KB, 277x329px
tfw your the last man
>>
>>36517781
Be the highest goal of human excellence for themselves and lead all other people who are able to the same goal.
>>
>>36517845
Lol, we're not talking about Descartes.

But are you referring to cogito ergo sum?
>>
>>36517736
Depends on your interests.

What are problems you can't get out of your head? Also, do you like more of a creative style or a scholarly one?
>>
>>36517845
>a thing is so because a philosopher said it is
Why do people do this? Is this what they mean when they say idiots read the works of philosophers just to seem smart, without actually understanding anything?
>>
>>36517869
But who would lead Overman?
>>
File: 1481401744960.png (202KB, 358x352px) Image search: [Google]
1481401744960.png
202KB, 358x352px
>>36517447
>lecturer was discussing Nietsche
>breaks into hearty laugh on his cynical views on friendship

It was honestly refreshing to see that approach to some Nietzche's harsher nihilistic views. Some things about human life are so absurd or profoundly fucked up that all you can do is laugh.
>>
Normies love platitudes taken out of context so they can feel intelligent without actually having to put effort into it.
>>
>>36517883
No, only the definition he gave to opinions.

>>36517889
Yes, exactly.
>>
>>36517888
Nice trips
>What are problems you can't get out of your head?
More like internal identity problem as i dont know what am i. And perhaps wanting to enjoy more absurdity but not able to do that because of deep rooted perfectionism
>creative style or a scholarly one
I'd say creative but i dont know what you mean by scholarly one.
>>
>>36517447
>Many wannabe atheistic libertarian edgelords flock to him also for his Overman concept.
well he admired napoleon who was a neckbearded edgelord so yeah
>>
>>36517891
He is not lead nor does he lead himself. If he is destined to be an Overman a profound desire for greatness will always drive his actions. It's weird to take like this because Nietzsche didn't believe in the human subject willing things, but rather that the will to power emanates through you.
>>
>>36517943
If there would be more than one Overman, they wouldnt fight between themselves because of will of power flowing through them?
>>
>>36517447
They just like to use his philosophy tactically. It's basically something used by cultural marxists as a wrecking ball against traditional forms of morality and religion. Nietszche was a great writer and philosopher, but he's mostly just bastardized and exploited for the sake of fulfilling an agenda. -- Most of his 'followers' will be nowhere to be found once you talk about the personal requirements one must undertake in order to be a Nietzschean.
>>
>>36517990
But overmen together are more powerful than a single overman, much like ordinary humans.
>>
>>36517939
By scholarly I mean a philosopher who likes to cite other philosopher and ideas, historical analysis, studies, etc.

Simon Critchley perhaps. Though, he can be somewhat boring. Check him out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFKA680cM-U
>>
>>36517583
Most philosophy seems to accept degrees of nihilism as being true, it always seemed strange that people could see this and still try to treat anything as a dogma, in the back of your head you should know anything and everything is practically made up bullshit and yet they still try to propagate these knowingly false beliefs.
>>
>>36518005
>>36517990

Think about adventure animes. They have these strong individualistic characters who are constantly "powering up". They will fight each other. Be rivals. Sometimes enemies. Sometimes peers.
>>
>>36518034
>groomed nu-male with v-cut
what a philosopher.
>>
>>36518050
>in the back of your head you should know anything and everything is practically made up bullshit and yet they still try to propagate these knowingly false beliefs.
Do you think the average ~100 IQ person thinks like this? Serious question, because based on my experience a great deal of mankind isn't capable of in-depth introspection or thinking at all.
>>
>>36518103
Yeah. To be honest I don't think of many good contemporary philosophers.

I think he came to mind because he has philosophically defended suicide. But that has been done before.

Soren Kierkegaard is the way to go honestly. Sickness Unto Death and Either/Or
>>
>>36518103
>instantly criticizing somebodies appearance without even touching on their ideas

preening faggot detected.
>>
>>36518111
>>36518050

Depends on your truth-conditions. But its true in the information age we are living in an age of people constantly searching for their opinions and thoughts out of other people's mouth.
>>
>>36518133
It is not like the two are entirely unrelated. If you take the time to groom yourself and wear fashionable clothes you are most likely a philistine who simply studied the philosophers of the past, rathter than a serious thinker.
>>
>>36518218
>if you aren't autistic or similiarly disabled you're not a serious thinker
>>
>>36518247
When you call people autistic for rejecting vanities it perfectly shows that you are a superficial person who does not think about things seriously.
>>
>>36518218
This can be true.

Many of these style of philosophers are like this.

Reading his work( as I have) will makes this clear to you as well. And an attack is always better if you attack his ideas then his fashion sense.
>>
>>36517943
That's beautiful. Almost an Eastern idea in a sense.
>>
>>36518279
You are right. It would be better if I attacked his ideas. Maybe later I will have a look at them.
>>
>>36518274
When you take everything people say on 4chan seriously, it perfectly shows that you are a superficial person who does not think about things seriously.
Fashion is just a way of fitting in. It makes life, work, socialization easier and a positive first image goes to great lengths. It's far easier to create a positive image at the start, than to fix a negative one.
>>
>>36518274
I like your way of thinking Anon, but serious isn't the only legitimate way to think. You can be playful and sincere.
>>
>>36518283
Definitely. Nietzsche was inspired by Schopenhauer who in turn was inspired by Buddhist philosophies. Nietzsche was also a profound influence on Japanese philosophy. In fact I think this is why I also catch blatant Nietzschean themes in animes.
>>
>>36518334
How can you call yourself a philosopher if you worry about fitting in?
>>
>>36518311
I can tell you he manages to vomit at least three to five other philosopher's ideas in a paragraph. He is very much trained in synthesizing an opinion out of other's thoughts. Though, I think this is in a sense unavoidable in his works its cringely palatable.
>>
>>36518380
>how can you call yourself a philosopher if you have instinctive human behaviours and needs
Gee golly jeepers. I don't call myself a philosopher either.
Are you actually autistic, by the way?
>>
>>36518342
Anon, what do you think of Alan Watts? New age mumbo jumbo, or is there some substance there?
>>
>>36517536
so in other words he is 2intlligent for the 2intelligent crowd?
>>
>>36518434
We weren't talking about. We were talking about the 'philosopher' in the youtube video.
>>
>>36518440
I think he is a great interpreter of Eastern thought. Probably one of the few good ones. He seems sincere. Also this is a quote I like very much: "Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth."
>>
Where are these normies you speak of who 'loves' or have even read anything by Nietzsche? I'd be god damn elated to meet one of those.
>>
>>36518467
>We were talking about the 'philosopher' in the youtube video.
Really? You sure? Because starting from >>36518274 it was about me talking about autism.
>>
>>36518451
"The rare for the rare" as he said.
>>
>>36518489
Maybe he had Reddit tier wannabe intellectual types in mind.
>>
Philsophy fag here again.

If you want to read Nietzsche I'd recommend starting with two essays and one longer work. The first is "What is Noble", the second "The Free Spirit", and the third "The Genealogy of Morals."

Only buy or find Walter Kauffman translations.
>>
>>36518486
>He seems sincere

I find this hard to believe considering he drank himself to death. If he really understood eastern thought and accepted it wouldn't he be able to find peace from his demons?

Still love his work though, despite thinking that maybe he only understood eastern ideas on a theoretical level.
>>
>>36518501
>Fashion is just a way of fitting in.
This could probably apply to the both of you. Obviously your personal life is of no interest to me or the discussion.
>>
>>36518601
Oh damn. Then I was wrong. I wonder why he would...? The cliche is that its easier to speak about how the world should be than actually be it yourself.
>>
>>36517769
This, this, this, this, this, this, this,
>>
>>36517536
This, its the same for a lot of famous writers too, like Machiavelli. Everyone thinks of "the ends justifies the means" yet doesn't realize that his point was more so that we should always try to be kind, but the world doesn't always all that. Just as everyone knows "God is dead" yet the "and we have killed him" part is always left out. The problem is just that no one actually takes the time to read the entire source material or if they do understands it far too literally. I've noticed that a lot of people seem to have a hard time with abstract thought too. Nuance is also generally lost on the average person.
>>
>>36517447
Why do you keep making this thread? Is this some kind of new meme?
>>
>>36518601
He said that being an overman was to live dangerously, to be at war with yourselves and others, in an esoteric sense.
>>
>>36519411
Anon, give me a non-meme run down on Lacan.
>>
>>36520132
Nietzsche did for sure.

Constant strife.
>>
Because being """edgy""" is the shit

Nietzsche offers that
>>
>try not to be an edgelord
>still enjoy mostly Nietzsche, Kierkegaard and Kant
(I'm still a turbonormie by compared to people who actively study philosophy, I'm studying psychology and I took philosophy as a side course because why not)

>>36517447
I think it's the same problem as when you ask a person who knows nothing about metal anything. they're probably always going to say Metallica. People just want to seems smart and idolize the most known person from the certain topic. Also, vaping edgelords love muh 'god is dead' and other meme shit.
>>
>>36518601
He couldn't stress that point enough. It's not quitting drinking that he should have done - he shouldn't want to quit drinking. Either do it or don't. If you don't really want to do something, all the help in the world won't do it for you, and if you really want to, you'll do it anyway. His point is you'll grow naturally, and in his case he had no reason to stop drinking. It's almost a do or do not, there is no try mindset.

He also advocated accepting your flaws, and stop trying so hard to change. He had no real reason to stop drinking, so he never did. I know this place is hurr durr just fix yourself, but I'm telling you Anon, he was on to something. I quit smoking , started school, got a promotion, and got my own apartment since I quit trying so hard. I don't have a gf, but not surprisingly, I try to hard and obsess over that. He was right, just enjoy yourself and let it happen. You'll grow. And I found it remarkable that Nitzche had a similar idea about evloving into the highest state humanly possible - you don't do it. You let it happen.
>>
>>36520445
Well put Anon.

I too have had a similar experience. But do you think everyone can do this? I think for some people it is impossible. Nietzsche seemed to imply that as well.
>>
>>36520494
Everyone won't grow into the same thing. That's fine. As a society, we'll pick and choose who to elevate and who to put down. That's fine too. We have affairs to conduct. As individuals though, we should just remember to embrace the wealth of differences in people, not the least of which are the differences we find in ourselves, and enjoy the show nature is putting on for us. Every cloud is different Anon, but they aren't "wrong." Even if they aren't useful now, they need to exist for the times that they will be. That's my $0.02, but I'm just a run of the mill modern man, no philosopher by any means.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 413x395px
>>36517583
Nihilists are pathetic.
Darwinism is the only true way forward.
Passing on your genes is the objective goal of human existence
>>
>>36520799
That's a pretty sad reason for existence, isn't it, anon?
>>
File: schopenhauer-cant-stop.jpg (47KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
schopenhauer-cant-stop.jpg
47KB, 400x534px
>>36517447
fuck that normie faggot
>>
>>36520904
Its objective truth, so how's it sad?
>>
>>36520987
Because that would mean that the only reason we exist is to throw our DNA at eachother until the inevitable, like some monkeys. It feels kind of sad, that even though our brains evolved enough to question our own existence, we're still just a bunch of monkeys jerking off on each other.
>>
>>36520987
A goal is not an objective quality.
>>
>>36517447
Normies love everything Jews sell as ''trendy''
>>
>>36521038
>>36521074
So what? That's life, it's the final red pill to swallow
>>
>>36521180
literally not an argument you dense /po/tard.

You probably don't even know what one is lmao
>>
>>36521228
>/po/tard
Jesus Christ you're stupid
>>
>>36521180
>red pill
>not swallowing the black pill
shiggy
no but really, I just can't accept the fact that every moment my parents took care of me and were concerned about me, the only drive that was in their mind was : "that's a slab of meat that is carrying your genetic code, take care of it so you can spread it wider"
It's just a sad reality to live in. I'll swallow the blue pill, because unlike in matrix, there is no way to fight against the system in real life, there is no chance of world actually becoming better after I accept the fact that everyone is just a mindless egoistic selfish genetic material machine that has one and one purpose only. That literally makes philosophy aboslutely useless because we have no need to concern ourselves with 'why' because the only thing we need to do is procreate.
Yeah I'm taking the blue pill mate, sorry.
>>
>>36521228
You don't need to make an argument for a completely objective fact
stop acting like a faggot because you think your life has some meaning besides reproduction
>>
>>36517447
They hate him and think he's a nazi. Nice try, bitch.
>>
>>36517769
>Slavoj Zizek
Jump in a fire anytime, fucking numale bitch
>>
>>36521370
They only think he's a nazi if they don't want to use his quotes they like "God is dead"
>>
>>36521305
in reality breeding is the worst sin of all breeders are all worse than Hitler ever was
>>
File: goofy.png (39KB, 161x152px) Image search: [Google]
goofy.png
39KB, 161x152px
>>36521428
>stop producing children
>everyone dies
somehow I'm getting the feeling like you are baiting me, anon
>>
>>36521334
>You don't need to make an argument for a completely objective fact
I think you are just using words you don't understand.
>>
>>36521524
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qtjs_mwpWE no suffering beats all
>>
>>36517447

Because it solves their existential crisis, without having to do any work or changing anything.

>life is meaningless
>create your own meaning bro XD
>be driven by the will to power
>Crisis Solved

Fail to realize that any meaning they create for themselves doesn't have meaning in reality, it is superfluous. The entire philosophy is an unspeakable megalomania, that is why normies love it.
>>
>>36521562
Are you an organism? Yes?
Ok so your only biological reason to exist is to continue producing more organisms
Sorry that fact of biology triggers you
>>
>>36521634
But there needs to be suffering in order for happiness to exist, anon.
>>
>>36521684
What is a biological reason? You can study biology and reason as in purpose will not come up a single time. Reason as in cause is another matter, but following this line of thought, then dying is the ultimate reason of any organism as that is what is eventually caused by life. We all will die eventually and all species will eventually go extinct. So why are you not proclaiming death to be the reason for life? I think, because you are quite unintelligent.
>>
>>36521693
happiness is just an attempt to fix the problem of suffering a futile distraction
>>
Happiness isn't a thing in itself, it is the absence of suffering, a relief. Suffering is the default state. Try doing nothing and you will be overtaken by boredom and then suffer.

People who are happy have ups and downs, no one is happy all the time. There are many who suffer everyday. There is a clear imbalance of suffering and happiness. It is a net gain to eliminate both.
>>
>>36521901
Well you can look at it from an opposite perspective : suffering is just a distraction from happiness that forces us to actually do something and not just revel in happiness and die doing nothing because we were happy all our life and we never had to do anything to obtain the happiness
>>
File: ttom.png (548KB, 693x523px) Image search: [Google]
ttom.png
548KB, 693x523px
suffering lmao
>>
>>36521839
So what's the reason organisms reproduce if there's no reason?
>>
ITT: betas that got bullied in highschool and now have to compensate by regurgitating bullshit said by "intellectuals" hundreds of years ago in order to feel superior
>>
>>36522297
Some organisms do not reproduce.
>>
>>36522844
Such as?
And just because you can't find a girl, or can't/won't because you have a mental illness is not a reason
>>
>>36517997
>Most of his 'followers' will be nowhere to be found once you talk about the personal requirements one must undertake in order to be a Nietzschean.
how do you become one in modern times?
>>
>>36522941
Is english your second language? Most organisms that have lived have never got to reproduce.
>>
>>36522574
welcome to r9k, normie
>>
>>36523029
But they were designed to reproduce, that's the freaking point. You wouldn't exist if there was no reason to reproduce
Just because some are failures, and don't reproduce, doesn't mean that theres no point in reproduction.
You're the one having a hard time grasping a simple concept here
>>
>>36523327
If you pick up a rock and drop it, it will fall to the ground. That doesn't mean the rock was designed to fall to the ground.
Point, reason, design, these terms all imply some intelligence responsible. One which is simply not there.
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 600x765px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 600x765px
>>36523457
That's a completely irrelevant example.
It's actually funny you think you're the smart one here.
Ok so jizzing in your mom and getting her pregnant is not "by design"?
You are doing a lot of mental gymnastics to defend your nihilistic attitude kid/manchild
Show me a species that has ever existed that on a biological level could not reproduce, I'll wait...
>>
>>36517536
Is it true "god is dead" was more a criticism of modern hedonism then a criticism of religion itself
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 806x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 806x500px
>>36523684
Yes, fedoras are the retards that commonly misunderstand this
>>
>>36523570
Why is it irrelevant? Just postulating something is not the same as making an argument.
>>
Hey philosophy fags why Stirner made Marx so butthurt?
And was Stirner right?
>>
File: 1492710508157.png (19KB, 612x201px) Image search: [Google]
1492710508157.png
19KB, 612x201px
bumperion
this post is original
>>
>>36517447
allow me to ask different question
which philosophers/philosophy has biggest appeal for robots?
>>
>>36523803
Because we are talking about animals reproducing, not physics.
Animals are designed to reproduce, otherwise after one generation they wouldn't exist.
A rock falling has absolutely nothing to do with that fact, and seeing as you still have not answered my question about whether a species of animal that is designed NOT to reproduce has ever existed, then I'll take it as a fact that every single one is designed to.
>>
>>36523937
>Because we are talking about animals reproducing, not physics.
So animals are not subject to physics?
>Animals are designed to reproduce, otherwise after one generation they wouldn't exist.
Non-sequitur. It is true that if a species does reproduce then it goes extinct, but this does not mean that they have been designed.
>A rock falling has absolutely nothing to do with that fact,
Not a fact, as I have just shown.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 600x399px
>>36523999
>So animals are not subject to physics?
Nice strawman, animals are of course affected by physics, but that's an irrelevant point to whether they are designed to reproduce or not.
>>Animals are designed to reproduce, otherwise after one generation they wouldn't exist.
>Non-sequitur. It is true that if a species does reproduce then it goes extinct, but this does not mean that they have been designed.
So how did they manage to reproduce in the first place? How did the animal come into existence in the first place?
>>A rock falling has absolutely nothing to do with that fact,
>Not a fact, as I have just shown.
You have shown absolutely nothing, other than how to sound like a retarded fedora on 4chan.
How does the fact gravity exists have anything to do with the fact that every species that has ever existed had a biological mechanism to reproduce?
You are talking yourself into a circle thinking you are so intelligent when you are likely the opposite
>>
>>36523911
Emil Cioran

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Emil_Cioran

Schopenhauer is also good.
>>
>>36524166
>but that's an irrelevant point
Circular reasoing. My rock analogy cannot be irrelevant simply because it is irrelevant.
>So how did they manage to reproduce in the first place?
Penis in vagina.
>How does the fact gravity exists have anything to do with the fact that every species that has ever existed had a biological mechanism to reproduce?
Not every species has had one.
>You are talking yourself into a circle thinking you are so intelligent when you are likely the opposite
That is what this is about for you. You have an inferiority complex regarding the level of your intelligence.
For me it is purely a matter of entertaining a debate. One that is quite one-sided I might add.
>>
>>36524244
>Not every species has had one.
Name one and you win
>>
>>36524273
In order for a species to be named, we must have discovered it. Since species that do not reproduce only last a single generation, discovering one such is next to impossible.
>>
>>36524296
Ok troll, how's it feel Being a virgin retard?
>>
File: 1492469422675 (1).jpg (36KB, 284x378px) Image search: [Google]
1492469422675 (1).jpg
36KB, 284x378px
>>36524337
You good there, sport?
>>
File: 23452345345.png (39KB, 318x470px) Image search: [Google]
23452345345.png
39KB, 318x470px
>>36517447
Normies love him because they mostly misunderstand him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAuu-FuptKk

They like the "god is dead" stuff but will ignore his criticism of equality, justice, and the modern world.
>>
>>36524423
I'm fine, you just seem to go silent whenever I bring up sex, so I figured I should ask
>>
File: 1492633113908.jpg (161KB, 500x557px) Image search: [Google]
1492633113908.jpg
161KB, 500x557px
>>36524447
You be good, chief.
>>
>>36524437
so what was the point he tried to make then?
what's the point of living if not for petty hedonistic pleasures?
>>
>>36524447
You're so stupid it's incredible.
>>
>>36524460
lol you blew him the fuck out
>>
>>36524624
The point is to overcome. Nietzsche was more like Kennedy saying "We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills,..."
>>
>>36523684

I think the phrasing of the quote goes something like:

"god is dead. we killed him and there's not enough water to wash away the blood"

As people abandoned religion they also abandoned their traditions and abandoned the underlying symbology behind religion.

Could be wrong about everything though.
>>
>>36525797
You are not overcoming anything>>36521949
>>
>>36524624
Living itself is a struggle against entropy, when this struggle is overly alleviated through hedonism, this causes a stagnation to occur which causes an organism to ironically become entropic as well.

Ex: Skinny guy dies from no nutrition, fat guy dies from too much nutrition.

Organisms exist because they suffer, if they can't handle suffering or don't suffer enough, they die.
>>
>>36526225
You're not making a point, it is suffering to go to the moon but it is still better than smoking weed and fucking endless tinder sluts everyday
>>
>>36517447
Check out Peter Sjostedt-H's brief "Neo-Nihilism" or better yet just order his entire work "Noumenautics" and enjoy your new life.
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.