[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you guys have a speech impediment? What did you have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1492158959289.jpg (25KB, 450x349px) Image search: [Google]
1492158959289.jpg
25KB, 450x349px
Any of you guys have a speech impediment?
What did you have trouble with?
Did it get better?
Were you bullied for it?

>t,s,r,sh,ch,th
>mostly
>"anon, i don't mean to be rude, but is that an akzent or a lisp?"
>gay guys kept hitting on me because they thought i was gay
>>
>>36515570
>>t,s,r,sh,ch,th
what the fuck that's the same as mines. i get asked where i'm from or get told that i got a accent often. i mispronounce a lot of words as well since i learned more how to speak from books than from irl ((though english is my native language)))
>>
>>36515570
Rhotacism and a lateral list, general difficulty at pronounciation.
>Did it get better?
No, I finally decided to go a speech therapeutist and am working on fixing it, since my shit parents never helped me do it as a child, despite doing it for my brother.
>Were you bullied for it?
No, but that was in general because I was overly willing to defend myself and wasn't too spergy. Despite what your retarded (female) teachers tell you, violence does solve a lot of things.
>>
File: 1464978228944.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1464978228944.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>36515570
I hate being slow so when I talk, I talk quickly repeat words whole phrases, stutter occasionally. Speaking at a normal pace makes me feel uncomfortable.
>>
Used to just be a mush mouth with undefined consonants and vowels, but then I started obsessively doing tongue twisters until my elocution improved.
>>
File: cat_in_a_jar.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cat_in_a_jar.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>36515570
I speak really softly because I'm always afraid of being too loud. Sometimes I slur my words and I stutter when I'm tired.
When I speak, there's like a 33% chance nobody hears me, 33% chance I have to repeat myself and 33% it comes out fine. It sucks desu
>>
>>36515570
I would tell you about it but not with that OP pic.
>>
>>36515570
>tfw can't say pacific oceon
I would always say specific oceon
>>
I can't pronounce "R"
No matter what I try, it sounds shitty and makes me sound like a fag
>>
>>36516133
This is a non issue. Literally just start with p, senpai.
>>
>>36515570
goddamit this is why I became a robot. Literally got harassed every fucking day for the way I talk. I stopped talking for all of middle school.Still have trouble talking to people out of fear
>>
>>36516133
Can you say "parcel"?
>>
File: 1446375648303.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1446375648303.png
463KB, 1070x601px
I have really bad lisp and i dont say words with letter s in them.
>tfw would have been normie if i would not have lisp
At least some of you guys can talk.
>>
Stammering vowels mostly. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's really bad, and I'm not sure what controls it. It was worse when I was a kid, now it's okay but noticeable occasionally. Sometimes assholes will make fun of me for it, but I just brush em off even though I'm really self-conscious about it.
>>
*daffy duck's voice*
s-s-suffering stutter
>>
I got rhotacism. It's when you say "w" instead of "r". Google "dedodated wam" and you got the jist of it.
>>
Stutter and sometimes slurred speech. Went to speech therapy for it when I was little, which helped a lot, but didn't fix everything
>>
>>36516272
still sounds like specific I according to people
>>
>>36515570
>Any of you guys have a speech impediment?
Stuttering
>What did you have trouble with?
D and B seem to be my worst ones, others crop up though
>Did it get better?
Kind of. It gets much, much, worse when I'm stressed or under pressure, but as an adult I've stopped caring a lot so that's helped on that front
>Were you bullied for it?
Yes, mostly in elementary/primary school
>>
>>36516760

Whass duh wecommened amount of dedddddtated wam i shood hav fer survur?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.