[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TFW when sectioned at a mental institution

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

File: 20170424_081241.jpg (846KB, 945x1682px) Image search: [Google]
20170424_081241.jpg
846KB, 945x1682px
>TFW when sectioned at a mental institution
>>
File: 1489413651694.png (180KB, 358x459px) Image search: [Google]
1489413651694.png
180KB, 358x459px
Looks bretty comfy. Congrats
>>
>>36511143
>sectioned with a TV and phone

Damn you Brits have it good.
>>
>>36511167
It is. Got weetabix for breakfast!
>>
>>36511143
Jeez dude. I didn't get to have my phone or a TV. I could live in a place like that
>>
File: 20170424_082025.jpg (582KB, 1373x776px) Image search: [Google]
20170424_082025.jpg
582KB, 1373x776px
>>36511190
Was a bit soggy but still good shit
>>
>>36511224
What were you in for?

Origami
>>
Are you the Finnish anon who posted about this a while back who got locked up for "depression"?
>>
>>36511143
hahah what a FAGlord
>>
what are you in for bud
>>
Are you the schizo from yesterday?
>>
>tfw you spent 2 months in a locked ward and you had to fake being better to get out
Also, fuck OP. A fucking tv in your room and you're allowed your phone?
>>
i was terrified of being institutionalized, i still am.
>>
>mental institution
With reachable outlets and a TV cord easily accessible?
>>
stay strong, lad
are you ok now?
>>
>>36511569
that is really strange. Also a cellphone? They don't ever really let you have unrestricted access to the outside world I thought. I've heard some pretty awful things about nut huts
>>
>>36511569
low security mental facility exist anon
>>
>>36511562
>>36511569
Are you guys telling me in your country they treat you like criminals and Judy lock you up?

>>36511522
Psychotic episodes. I'm fine most of the time though
>>
>>36511691
Yeah, pretty much.
orig.
>>
>>36511236
Is that coffee? Why the fuck would they give you coffee? Decaf I hope.
>>
>when a European mental ward is nicer then your house
>>
Is it a good feel or a bad feel? Does it make you feel safer? Also have you made any crazy friends?
>>
Was locked in one last week when I was sectioned after I had a bit of a breakdown and wanted to jump off a bridge

>Room was bare save for a few chairs and a bed
>Bed and chairs can be compared to the same material they use to make obstacles in those kiddy funhouses
>Camera in the corner of the room that follows you around
>Windows/doors didn't have bars but no way to break through them due to some sort of ingrained stuff between the panes of glass
>Was allowed to keep my phone and keys on myself
>Had to surrender my belt
>No phone signal at all
>Was allowed to leave after half a day after faking being better

It wasn't an overall bad place but the lack of anything to do drove me mad and I was only there for half a day.

If you can deal with the lack of shit to do then these sorts of places can probably help but if you prefer your own company, prefer living on your own and need to have something to do then this sort of place will likely do more harm than good.
>>
>>36511691
the one I went in you only had a bed,desk, and chair in your room. there was one old tube tv in the main room and we could only watch it when there wasn't a group. for cell phones people used them during smoke breaks and the hour free period.
>>
how can i get sanctioned in the US? about to be homeless in a week or so and was thinking about ending it. does it cost any money? do i just have to act crazy or something?
>>
>>36511857
just go to the hospital and say you want to die
>>
>>36511894
do i need ID? how come hobos don't do this and get a free place to live and free food? something seems sketchy.
>>
>>36511934
probably need id, hobos aren't very smart that's why they are hobos
>>
File: 1484439315050.jpg (176KB, 935x1423px) Image search: [Google]
1484439315050.jpg
176KB, 935x1423px
ive been on this motherfucker for 8-9 months because of severe social anxiety etc. im offered no help but they wont let me go. this place is making my situation a hell of a lot worse but they just refuse to believe me. sure i have my phone for 4 to 8 hours a day but thats about it, im killing myself as soon as i stop being a huge pussy
>>
Nah that's bullshit op.
They take all personal valuables away from you and put them in your safe. You don't even get to wear shorts with strings.
>>
>>36511143
>Plugs
Seems like you aren't admitted in the more secure parts.
>>
Mental "Illness" is a hoax created by money hungry doctors to give you addictive pills
>>
>tfw United states mental words are fucking prison and prison creates institutionalized crazy people
>>
>>36511983
>im killing myself as soon as i stop being a huge pussy
That's why you're still in there, man.
>>
>>36512014
First time they do take shoes and belt but I've been on "good behaviour" so I've got to keep everything now.
>>
I was committed a few times. Was boring though.
>tfw you forgot to take out the noose from your backpack
I tried to make up a story but I'm sure the nurse didn't buy it.
>>
>>36511143
Well Anon, you can only go down from here.

I say smear feces all over your chest, scream "poo poo pee pee" and wait for the nurses to rush in and subdue you with drugs.
>>
Sometimes I wish I was the most functional inmate at a mental institution, instead of the least functional member of society.

Can't remember the last time anyone was grateful to me. I bet psych workers are always grateful to the functional ones.
>>
>>36511143
Enjoy the 50k bill, lad.
>>
>>36513631

I'd fap to this
>>
File: 29738969.jpg (145KB, 750x745px) Image search: [Google]
29738969.jpg
145KB, 750x745px
>>36511143
>Bought a hdmi dongle to stream video from my phone to any tv
>Get the to mental ward and the TV is locked in a box like that
>>
>>36511143
must be a pretty low secure one if you can easily access plugs and wire like that.

just stop being a tit
>>
>>36511236
>>36514747
metal cutlery too....
those cups remind me of my time inside
>>
>>36511143
you need to escape right now
>>
>>36511143
What country do you live in?
Oregonoli
>>
File: 1428858871232.png (133KB, 562x472px) Image search: [Google]
1428858871232.png
133KB, 562x472px
>>36511143
When I was institutionalized for depression, they wouldn't let me have the cable for my phone charger because they thought I was going to strangle myself with it.

and there wasn't even running water.

if you guys call that shit comfy, then holy fuck.

It was prison.

also imagine staring at a wall all day everyday, thank god I got out within a week.

protip:
if you're in the UK and you're depressed (boo fucking hoo) don't tell anyone. any "help" you get will be looking for the keywords to section you, you WILL end up in mental hospital.

Also anti-depressants don't work, they actually make things much, much worse. Don't fuck with your brain chemistry with ANY drug.

t. Someone who has actually spent time in a mental hospital
>>
>>36516552
also there was a blue light over me when i slept, and they would usually ask (force) me to take drugs so I would go to sleep at the right time.
>>
>>36516552
It depends on the hospital senpai. Some are comfy as fuck, some are hell.

t. someone who has actually spent time in more than 1 mental hospital.
>>
Just stopping by to tell you it looks comfy. I know you confirmed that it is. Rest well and get well op!
>>
My new anti-depressants gave my auditory hallucinations, the 'new and improved SSNI ones gave me auditory hallucinations. Top it off to the fact I gave myself serotonin syndrome from SSRI...I made myself schizo by taking antidepressants. S'great feeling to be here. Y_Y
>>
>>36516552
>don't tell anyone.

this! my biggest mistake was opening up, it only got me locked up provabablbabanbly forever
>>
>>36511691
thats clearly a general hospital with a different section to it lying ass
>>
>>36511143
>mental ward so fancy that you get to play on your phone
wtf op, they never let me have my phone
>>
>>36511894
This is the best advice I see on /r9k/ ever
>>
>>36516552

Similar here. Wasn't even allowed waist-strings in my pants to hold them up,so I just got new hospital jammies each day. It wasn't the worst place on earth, they mostly left me alone to do my own thing- read, watch tv, though most of the other patients just sat around by the phones trying to play message service for the others. Was kinda funny. Lots of cute girls there actually. Got a room to myself for most of my stay. They did their best to keep everyone calm, but every day felt like an eternity and just made everything worse after the first two or three days. I ended up there for two weeks in total, it felt like years since i'd seen the outside world after I got out. Started comfy, ended up being hell.
>>
>>36511236
why are you allowed your phone?
>>
>>36516735
i am so sorry anon, wish u the best
>>
>>36516764
I wish myself the best everyday too. And to everyone who's been there..good luck and see you all next time in the dark recesses of our darkest thoughts.
>>
>>36511143
How do you get sectioned? I want to try.
>>
>>36516807
Just cut, get sent to the hospital. If they have to such or glue seal them up you're set pretty much. If you have a history of it you have to go the whole 'commit route. This is assuming xe/xer isn't familiar with a surefire way.
>>
>>36511143
Stich rawr OCD TYPO.
Much love, Schizo dude
>>
>>36516807
you don't. it's not a funny meme.

if you're in the UK, say you're depressed, or have a suicide attempt.

you'll be placed on crisis team support.

they act like psychiatrists, but they're not, they're just doing their job.

if you mention past that point a want to harm yourself and say things like "constant thoughts of suicide" then you'll go to mental hospital.

you can go voluntarily or they can section you.

if you go voluntarily, you can leave at any time you like with permission, but even if you leave, after one week you'll assessed by a mental health officer, and they will determine your fate.

if you say shit like you have constant feelings of suicide past that point, then you're fucked, you will be sectioned for up to a period of 6 months of sectioned care, meaning nothing you say matters, and you can't leave unless a mental health officer thinks you're fit to leave (protip, your mental health probably won't improve if you're a normie surrounded in crazy people that smell like shit and piss because no running water)

even if they think you're fine, they will often try to put you back on crisis team support, who can still then, section you.

getting caught in this cycle is depressing even in itself. don't fall into the cycle.

ps. when I was sectioned as soon as I came out, due to the stigma of depression, the few friends I had, I lost, and all of my friends believed the words of my ex-friend Daisy, who lied about me, and my friends wouldn't even talk to me.

The stigma of being depressed and being in mental hospital is much worse than actually being there, take it from me.

I had a suicide attempt after I left (because of daisy) and I knocked myself out cutting my wrists in the shower, still have scars
>>
>>36511691
yes. France reporting in
>>
>>36511562
one of the male nurses told me what to say to get out, and I said it.

He actually helped me out.
>>
>>36511143
Nice t.v cord there pull it out and hang self
>>
Wow, how did this happen? Is this your first psychotic episode? Did you take anything or was it spontaneous? Are they giving you any drugs?
>>
>>36516552
Also seconding as I spent a week with people screaming so loud at night I couldn't even sleep, some banging their heads and crashing it on the walls
muh fun
at least you can hide a phone in prison
>>
>>36511143
I went to one for 2 weeks, after I got sent up to the better less security area it was GREAT, bad ass fucking food popcorn and arts and crafts movie night and playing uno was a vacation
>>
So I know I'm not normal, pretty sure I have schizo or something. Should I tell someone and try to get help or should I keep it to myself? Is there even such a thing as "help" or is it just something they say to make us pay money and get locked in a cycle of therapy and drugs?
>>
>>36517817
OP here. I got sent here by the police. I originally went to a doctor and they just gave me anti depressants. It wasn't until i had a psychotic episode outside that they brought me in.
>>
>>36517817
It really depends on what you want to do. Are you okay with living as you are or not? Are you okay with changing that part of yourself? I smoke heroin so I can be okay with myself, which is definitely not okay; but it's what I do.
>>
Bipolar bot who's been institutionalized twice reporting in.

Apparently I've got lucky, they sent me to the same psych facility both times and its apparently in the top 5 in the country (US). Still, it was boring most of the time. The rec room had a piano and a huge flatscreen tv and they delivered newspapers and magazines daily so at least there was something. Food fluctuated between school lunch tier and college food hall tier. Staff were actually pretty nice and would sit and chat with you a lot because they were as bored as you were. Sadly there weren't any qt girls also locked up for me to take my mind off things, only old women.

Rooms were laid out like dorms, bed, desk, chair, private bathroom. If you were given a single it was great but for a few days I had to share a room with a guy who seemed nice but I kept thinking he was going to strangle me in my sleep.
>>
TV? Nice bed? When I stayed at a psychiatric hospital we had roommates and had to be up 7 every day for "gym". Fuck OFF
>>
>>36517817
help = hospital

which isn't really help.

hospital will scare you into not being depressed.
drugs will basically sedate you, your life will fall completely apart during being on antidepressants.

help is a meme.

don't get help.

here is some advice though: your problems CAN get worse, and they WILL GET WORSE if you go down that route, so just don't.
>>
>>36518741
I'd follow this advice. This has happened to me as well and it's only closed door for me. You're gonna have to swallow the things you're feeling right now and try to ''normie it up'' as hard as you can. Don't risk it.

Read self-help books if you have to, lurk /lit/, wallow in self-pity, listen to ASMR, try to find any ways you can to avoid spiraling down or ending up in a worse mental state. Remember how it felt like feel calm. Stop thinking too much, try distance yourself from the loudness or weight of these thoughts.

Easier said than done, I know. I'm sorry you're going through this.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.