[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wageslave thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1468058802128.jpg (125KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1468058802128.jpg
125KB, 750x750px
My boss literally called me in both days this weekend to fix problems at work.
I have to apparently work 12 days in a row without a single day off
>this is acceptable in modern society
>I actually get paid less than people who didn't graduate high school and collect garbage
>>
>>36508020
Did this over Christmas and got the mad stacks but fuck me if it wasn't a drag. Taxman also fucked me right in the taxpucci.

If you don't like it quit lel.
I might quit actually.
>>
>>36508020
So what jobs can you get without a degree?
I am quitting college and I need to look at my options..
>>
I get paid 12$ hourly + tips to wash dishes, in which I can blast music the entire time.
Life is gud
>>
>boss calls you

>You actually go to work

Lmao are people fucking retarded? Just say no.
>>
>>36509326
I did this for a while. It was a pretty good job in retrospect mainly because I could do it drunk while listening to the radio.
>>
>burgerland labour laws
>>
Yeah, 10-14 days were the norm for me for awhile when i was 18-21 while working on a farm.

No overtime or any sort of penalty rates either.

even last year i was at another place and was working 13 out of 14 days a fortnight at a flat rate due to lack of other staff.
>>
My dad taught me a good lesson about work and money: any job that is demanded by the people to be done (power, emergency worker, water/pluming, disposal etc) will be hard physical work but will always pay very well because the demand for skilled workers and the need for it will always be there around the clock. Where as jobs that are more technical or research oriented have a chance at being easier but will pay worse and could even treat you worse because your job isn't needed and as such it will always hang over you like the blade of guillotine.
>>
at my old job we had one day off a week, supposedly computer generated.
but depending on how it """randomly generated""" you could end up working 12 days in a row.
somehow this happened to me 5 fucking times in a row. clearly they were shafting me on purpose and i have no clue why because i was a great worker.
getting a job is really bullshit, glad I quit that shit job
>>
>>36508020

If he needs help that badly then do you really think he's going to fire you for not doing it? Just say you have obligations if you need to.
>>
so why don't you quit your job and start working in the collecting garbage industry?
>>
If a job starts to mentally tax you, it's your job to "get right" in whatever way you can. A few long hour+ breaks make me feel good. I'll leave and run some errands. Go shopping or something. Get a haircut.

The second way to get right is the same as the first. Instead of stealing time, you're stealing property. Anything of value that's not nailed down. My dad used to steal plants and stuff from the work shed. Even bigger things like tools. I used to take cash in retail. Nothing big, maybe $5-10 and I'd go buy myself lunch.

It's one of the benefits of being an INFJ. We're incredibly moral but that conflicts with our need for justice.

I feel 10000% better after doing this. Just gotta do small stuff so you feel good but it's minor enough to not get noticed.
>>
File: wargames.png (88KB, 507x134px) Image search: [Google]
wargames.png
88KB, 507x134px
>>36509487
Not anon but I bet blood it's a pride thing for most people.
Western culture has been meme in such a way that the knee jerk reaction is to shame people with sanitary jobs. We take an attitude they are lesser people because -well- they just should be. The laughing reality is they live better and with half the stress but there is no "pride" in the work so we shouldn't desire it.

How we got here was college and higher learning use to be a rare thing reserved only for the rich elite and as such had a much more narrower realm of degrees and skills. There was a time most common folk were envious of such opportunities and the baby boomers were in this group, and mostly work a lot of the "slave labor" during the entry of golden age of the US economy and like any parent wanted their kid to have things "better" than them so they sent them to college and in a couple of generations colleges started drilling it into HS kids heads(because there was money to be made) that their was a future with any degree when the cold hard truth is there is only a future for those that network and put all their free time into such a lifestyle. Now we have reach this second distopia (the first being when HS degrees became common) where a masters and even some PhDs just mean you were a fool with more money(or borrowed money) than sense and while you are breaking your back all hours of the night to make sure you don't lose that grant or get that yearly bonus, your trash collector sleeps soundly waiting for the next sunrise to start on his day, be done before 3 and get paid more than you +overtime.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.