[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i really cant stand people who like memes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

i really cant stand people who like memes
>>
>>36505992
Very quality thread you have here anon.
just kidding this thread is garbage and you should feel ashamed
you cant do anything right you fucking idiot
>>
>>36505992
You can't stand people that enjoy jokes in the form of pictures? I didn't know there was a mental disorder where you can't laugh. Must be sad!
>>
dont listen 2 the normies here like memes are boring af and you know it
you dont have to be all fuckin edgy saying you dont like those people but it's honestly just really tired at this point
i'm just really done with it all tesu
>>
>>36505992
I just went along with it and now I can't stop. It's pretty bad for my self-image desu
>>
>>36506756
>I just went along with it and now I can't stop. It's pretty bad for my self-image desu

I mean desu it's one thing you got in common with normies now so maybe it'll help
>>
>>36505992

I really can't stand people who even say the word "memes". there's no way to say it without sounding retarded.

Also people don't even know what the word actually means and it makes no sense it their context.
>>
>>36507383

memes are over
>>
>>36507383
The problem is actually saying the word out loud. If you say "meme" in real life, you deserve whatever cringe you get.
>>
>>36505992
Same. I've had enough of annoying little kids and memes.
>>
>>36507423

Yeah but it really isn't. Just posting/discussing memes at this point is normie af, just as much as just bringing it up irl
>>
Maybe I'm just depressed but memes aren't fun anymore. It's not even a matter of new memes or old memes or whatever; the fundamental format of a meme just makes me feel sad and exhausted and empty.
Watching other people make and enjoy them makes you feel glad you don't have degenerate taste but also depressed how you're a bot now and too autistic to think they're still cool
>>
>>36507506
I typed up a nice long reply, but no matter what I do, the system sees it as spam. Basically I think it depends on what site you're using.
>>
>>36507581
>the fundamental format of a meme

what's weird is that this really shouldn't be a thing. a "meme" was originally just anything that would get repeated often because someone thought it was funny or it just stuck in their head for whatever reason. they don't have to be anything in particular; it doesn't have to be a ragecomic or an advice dog spinoff or an image with impact-font text on it, it just has to be something that gets repeated over and over.

yet there is now a definite "format" to what people consider to be memes.
>>
>>36505992
Normalfags are so fucking cringy. I love how they think we're the creeps.
>>
>>36507938

See but it doesn't have to be like some image macro or follow some pattern tho like then I was talking about "format" I more meant literally anything that's a meme format or not

> a "meme" was originally just anything that would get repeated often because someone thought it was funny or it just stuck in their head for whatever reason

like even this I dislike; it's all shit, even memes you think are funny or fresh or whatever.
Like literally all memes suck

>anything that would get repeated often because someone thought it was funny

I'm really just sick of this and even when i keep doing it it feels empty and I've never come away from being involved with any meme feeling better in any way
>>
File: 1486569307157.jpg (159KB, 600x526px) Image search: [Google]
1486569307157.jpg
159KB, 600x526px
"meme culture" has gone too far

>DANK MEMES
>OMG I LOVE MEMES
>HAHA SPICY MEME

why are normalfags so unfunny? why do they drive everything into the ground?
>>
I thought the protective layer of post-irony around modern memes would prevent them from ever dying or getting stale, but even the most Avant-Garde pretentious unfunny shit memes fail to make me laugh lately. It's kind of depressing.
>>
But this is different like
The implication here is that there are still memes you like

literally ALL memes are shit and the idea of memes makes me sick and even the memes you like aren't fun I'm just done with memes or anything having to do with any meme like ever they just suck up my life and energy and leave me feeling dead
>>
>>36508921
This. Normalfags literally call other people normalfags if they don't comply with their ""meme culture"" and ""le dank memes""
>>
Memes aren't necessarily bad it's just normies are fucking terrible at using wit in conjuction, resulting in spewing them thoughtlessly. Or they try and "make memes" resulting in shit like dat boi that isn't really funny due to a lack of context, and is mildly amusing if mocked at best. A lot of normie humor isn't even humor, it's just a social validation tool. You could tell a joke in a good format and it'd fall face-first while some other schmuck with a higher status will get people laughing whether or not it was actually funny.

Back on track though, normies not only don't give a shit and just take memes at face value. They just follow the format but not the story or context. They're trying to ape actual memes, which is why many of the old ones are beaten dead into the ground and all of their memes are forced. So you see, it's not the memes that are unfunny (most of the time), it's the (re)tellers and makers. Normies lack wit because they're taught to laugh at each others' jokes to be polite, so they end up in this shitty socially-obligated cycle of laughing at unfunny shit. If it's not that they just don't know higher tiers of humor. It's largely their ignorance of humor that is to blame. Our shithole of a site is actually at least one year ahead of normal humor due to how our memes/jokes leak and eventually become theirs. By the time they obtain it, find it funny and new, we've already beat it to death and moved on. That's why we make fun of or cringe toward the plebeians, because they're retelling a "dead joke" from our perception. The surge in popularity due to our centralized internet culture will lessen the gap between those shitters and our old jokes, but it probably won't get much better. It's especially dumb when you say the joke at an earlier point, then later on when it gains popularity they repeat it. Their culture is perpetually going to be behind ours. That's just something you have to accept, that cavemen will think we are the cavemen.
>>
File: meme.jpg (37KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
37KB, 680x680px
>>36508921
when you create a website dedicated to memes but the memes overflow into plebbit and fagbook and now instead of being the oc kings we dont even make memes anymore but every ironic meme is replaced with a genuuine meme because memesters cant differentiate between shitposting memes and thinking in memes.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.