[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else feel like they are always wasting time? I often

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1459783662181.jpg (707KB, 868x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1459783662181.jpg
707KB, 868x5000px
Anybody else feel like they are always wasting time? I often find myself racked with guilt over the stupidest things, like playing video games or fapping during my time off work. Everyone else seems to be able to melt their brains without issue watching television and Netflix and drinking until they blackout during their time off but the moment I do something I enjoy I feel like I don't deserve it, like I should be cleaning or something instead. I can't enjoy any of my hobbies anymore, I can't do anything enjoyable without this nagging feeling of guilt, like a voice inside shitting on me for not being productive.
>>
What do you mean by wasting time? What would you deem 'productive'?
Things like Netflix and drinking are instantly gratifying and not productive, however something like drawing or learning an instrument takes times to earn satisfaction, but would you consider those productive?
>>
>>36501625
I don't really have any real talents I enjoy pursuing. There are a few things I'm pretty good at but I don't find those things particularly fun.

I think I may be addicted to instant gratification, to the point where anything besides the media equivalent of crack does nothing for me anymore.
>>
>>36500967
I know this feeling 100% anon

I have to be doing something. I started lifting and studying math again just for something to do

Wtf am I doing on r9k again Jesus FUCK I'm going to be dead in a matter of decades and I'm on r9k instead of studying math?

FUCK MY LIFE. Going to go study join me anon read a book bye
>>
Similar feelings, I preemptively feel guilt so that if others want to treat me like shit for being unproductive, at least I beat them to it. its not a good way to be, but i dont know how to stop.
>>
File: 1452877024650s.jpg (11KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1452877024650s.jpg
11KB, 250x243px
>>36500967
Anon I have the same problem. I quit playing videa and swithced to just browsing the internet so I basically went from one fix to the other. Even right now I feel crappy for not doing homework but I tell myself I deserve to relax even though I know I dont. I no longer find joy in any talents I have which I have none as far as I can tell. It's like were here to just be mad at ourselves all the time. I hate it
>>
Try to find something creative. I used to feel this all the time, still do sometimes, but writing helps a lot
>>
Is this depression? Feeling nothing until it is time to be useful?
>>
Do you think people who do have talents which they pursue just suddenly woke up and possessed them?
If you have even the slightest interest in something, there is something there. Once you begin investigating interests you begin to discover if you enjoy them or not.
This is very difficult for people like us to do because we are spoon fed satisfaction through the internet and it is easy and requires 0 effort but you must try to be mindful and resist these urges. Your mind is a fucking sponge for shit and learns behaviour based on your actions.
>>
>>36502291
I am not bad at drawing, but there is so much better art on the internet I get immediately discouraged. I can't even come up with anything to draw most of the time, I just stare at a blank piece of paper and give up.
>>
>>36502228
Do you ever hope to publish? Do you write in order to publish something in the future or is there some innate urge within you to write even if nobody ever reads your work?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.