[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social lubercant

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: alcohol-4.jpg (265KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
alcohol-4.jpg
265KB, 2000x1000px
Is alcohol an effective social lubercant for any of you? It makes me turn from an autist into a social butterfly.
>>
>>36498535
>can't even spell lubricant
>thinks he can have an opinion
>>
>>36498653
Got dyslexia.
>>
Yeah it does. I'm shy as fuck and tend to sperg out around both men and women, even if I know them well. About three or four beers gets me feeling good enough to talk to the hottest Stacy and be charismatic with her.
>>
>>36498535
Alcohol only makes me dopey and tired. No matter how much I drink I'm still uncomfortable talking to strangers.

Weed gives me panic attacks.
>>
>>36498535
It is yes

I wish i didn't need it but I do
>>
>>36498535
You're not alone OP. If I go out with """friends""" I'll have a drink or two, or a few. Know your limits, and it definitely helps loosen up. It's like a real life cheat code to be social, but with any cheat code you won't get any achievements when you use it.
>>
>>36498819
I always thought drunk people would be seen as unattractive, but I've only really ever been complimented by both sexes, whilst drunk.
>>
>>36498535
Yeah but I also act like a fucking retard, so I can be more sociable, but it's not always in a good way.
Like for example when I'm sober I'll be quiet but I can be funny and interesting sometimes, but when I drink I can be talkable but i'll just say retarded shit. It's hard to get a balance between the two without wanting to get more drunk. Whenever I drink I always end up wanting to be shitfaced.
>>
>>36498535

You mean it turns you into a super autist. Being drunk doesn't make you better at socializing you just feel more comfortable being the retard that you are in front of more people. Chances are that the people your talking to are drunk as well, so they don't get weirded out by you as much as usual.
>>
>>36498849
>I always thought drunk people would be seen as unattractive

There's a huge difference between being comfortably drunk and socially lubricated, and being drunk to the point that you're annoying and a nuisance to the people around you
>>
>>36498875
People love it when I say retarded shit. I've got the art of being unintentionally funny and being drunk just accelerates that fact.
>>
It does work for me at times, but its not a thing I want to rely on.
Wtf you want to do with a girl you can only get with while drunk, aside from fuck and forget?
Relationship with a natural social butterfly who wants to party every weekend despite you hating it? Become alcoholic to keep the mask on?
>>
>>36498971
I guess. I'm quiet a lightweight, so I don't really drink that much. Must be in that green spot most've the time.
>>
>>36498849
There's a limit to things. If I know I'm not driving, I'll drink to the point where everything is awesome, and nothing can bother me. When you truly feel like nothing, nothing at all bothers you, it's enlightening. The challenge is securing that feeling when sober.
>>
Always works for me.

I become a demi-chad when I'm drunk
>>
>>36499012
Being able to know your own limits is a valuable skill, there's nothing quite as bad as the guy who gets far too wasted far too early and ruins the night for everyone else

As much as it is a meme, "take a drink, wait a few minutes, see how you feel" is pretty solid advice, and even applies to most other recreational drugs as well.
>>
>>36498815
Same, don't know about weed but I just get silly under the influence of alcohol. I'd rather go to bed than continue to stay up, in fact it's like if I stayed up beyond my normal sleeping schedule.
>>
File: at the club 2.jpg (27KB, 489x499px) Image search: [Google]
at the club 2.jpg
27KB, 489x499px
I become incredibly sociable with alcohol. It's like talking to people become natural instead of having to think about everything I say and looking like a quiet autist.
>>
>>36499069
I usually just drink two ales and then talk to people for an hour.
>>
>>36498974
Yeah well when i'm sober i can direct the retard shit into being funny, when I'm drunk I can't
>>
It's effective if you pace yourself. If a robot gets shitfaced in a social setting it usually ends in embarrassment. If you suffer from social anxiety or poor self esteem you'll usually cringe a lot the next day, even if it wasn't that bad.
>>
>>36499308
It's also to do with my dialect. I say really stupid shit casually, and people laugh their arses off.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.