[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I covertly destroy a laptop's hard drive?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: 1234.jpg (25KB, 515x600px) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
25KB, 515x600px
How do I covertly destroy a laptop's hard drive?
>>
make one of them USB killers. its pretty easy and a pretty sneaky method.
>>
>>36493422
Is it still plugged in to a computer?
>>
>>36493493
OK, let me sufficiently explain myself.
>Laptop charger got chewed up by dog
>Laptop out of charge
>Laptop has tons of nasty shit saved on it
>I got a new one later
>They're both chromebooks
>My mom noticed and she's like 'durr I'll take it then"
>Need. To. FUcking. Delete.
>>
>>36493422

If it's someone else's just "accidentally" spill beer on it, act super apologetic, and buy them a new one.
>>
>>36493422
Just get the laptop and take the drive out. Or the battery and when she realizes somethings wrong tell her you'll fix it, then delete everything you need to.
>>
Can I just use a magnet? Where can I find a strong enough magnet?
>>
>>36493526
>buy a charger
>turn on laptop
>delete files

jesus fuck anon how underage are you?
>>
>>36493526
Just open them up and swap the hard drives
>>
>>36493625
Forgot to mention
>Screen is broke because I stepped on it recently
>Someone will have to fix it
>They'll see
>Mom is super adamant about fixing it instead of finding new one
>>
>>36493636
tell you you called a repair shop and quote a price 10-15% less than a new one, explain it'll be better just to buy a new one

or swap out the hard drive

how fucking difficult was that
>>
>>36493636

Nobody's going to be combing through the files if they're just fixing the screen. When your mom gets it fixed just delete the stuff. Do you actually believe your mom knows how to even open an image?
>>
>>36493526
the way to fix it is to stop being a paedo or degenerate
>>
>>36493631
OP appears to be too retarded to operate a screwdriver
>>
>>36493636
>screen broke
hdmi it to a tv ya dingus
>>
>>36493658
SHE HAS NO RIGHT TO LOOK AT MY FILES. IT HAS PERSONAL STUFF IN THERE> God damn it. Why does everything have to always be so shit?
>>
>>36493422
Plug the hard drive into your new computer and reformat the entire hard drive?
>>
>>36493658
a pedo would be smart enough to use veracrypt

this fag is just underaged
>>
>>36493422
Throw in nearest body of water tied to a rock

How if you want to see something cool put it on some train tracks when a trains coming through. Smash it repeatedly with a baseball bat
Or ask g
>>
>>36493657
not true, whenever I get a new computer to work on I always go snooping
t: computer repair shop
>>
>>36493681
This is the answer, do this and then reformat your hard drive, maybe even re install chrome os all over again for safety
>>
>>36493694
I'm three years above underaged
>>
>>36493725
not mentally apparently

you have 1000 options from this thread
>>
Can I even get toshiba chromebook chargers at walmart? I have ten dollars. I'll have to do a covert mission while mommy wommy is asleep.
>>
>>36493589
came here to post this

MAGNETS BITCH
>>
>>36493739
Also, I have an hdmi cable so that's good
>>
>>36493711
if you saw something dodgy on one what would you do?
>>
>>36493422
If it's an HDD, either get a magnet, or wrap a big fat cable around the computer a few times and short a car battery through for half a second or so repeatedly. The latter might also work on SSDs but I don't know. SSDs will get fried by a microwave.
>>
>>36493739
Just buy it on amazon
>>
>>36493422
>>36493422
>>36493422
Hello underage. Computer Engineering major here.

First thing I can tell you is that we don't live in the Stone Age anymore grandpa, and the non-volatile memory AKA your hard drive won't be affected if you put a magnet on it so don't even bother.

On to my next point, if you have the same fucking computer then shouldn't the charger for YOUR chromebook also work for HER chromebook?

Just charge her laptop with your charger and delete the files when she's gone
>>
>>36493781
IT'S A DIFFERENT MODEL OF CHROMEBOOK. The broken one is a toshiba chromebook. Thanks for the help, computer engineering major.
You managed to be the least helpful one here
>>
Fuck, I'm about to just throw it into the bathtub.
>>
>>36493833
do it sperg, not like thats suspicious
>>
Use a hammer to smash the battery. Most laptops have an issue where smashing the battery causes the HD to fail when the battery is destroyed.
>>
>>36493807
Fine faggot, run a strong magnet over it when she's gone

I'm sure it will work out fine ;)
>>
>>36493833
No you fucking idiot. Just take the fucking hard drive out, and when she comes back from the shop asking about it LIE. Say that you needed to get important shit on there so you put it in your computer and forgot to put it back. If she's computer illiterate then you have no issues.
>>
>>36493422
Remove the hard drive and put it inside of the microwave for 30-60 secs?

Be careful because it can set on fire, but if you do it right it won't.

Then you wait for it to cool down and you put it back into the laptop.

You are a pretty retarded person though, there are millions of solutions for this, you shouldn't use computers if you clearly don't know how to operate them. Just stick to your anime.
>>
>>36493422
U.S. military uses thermite 'grenades' to destroy materiel. You can make thermite yourself, its relatively safe. You don't need much to cut through an engine block, but you can't just take a match to it, it needs strip of magnesium to start the reaction, just make sure to stay clear.
>>
>>36493422
Boil it in water and then smash it with a hammer for extra measure
>>
>Turn it on
>It's broken
>Take it to get fixed
>The guy is like, yeaah someone destroyed the hard drive
>>
>>36494125
30 seconds? In 5 seconds all the data will be wiped and the drive will never spin up again. Any more will just fuck your microwave. 5 seconds may even fuck your microwave. Why do people buy computers if they don't know how to use them?
>>
>>36493682
Your mommy bought it so yes she does have a right to look at it
>>
Also, diverging topics here, guys. Why don't I have a gf???
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 581x443px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 581x443px
>>36494987
You suck eggs and are smelly
>>
what do you have to hide op....
>>
burn it and spread the ashes through out different spots on your city/town
>>
>>36493781
Somewhat related question
Couldn't you just drill holes in it to make the data unrecoverable?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.