[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

health question

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: Victory-Dirt-Wolf-Double-IPA.jpg (110KB, 321x500px) Image search: [Google]
Victory-Dirt-Wolf-Double-IPA.jpg
110KB, 321x500px
if I have a 6 pack of very heavy IPAs, am i totally fucking over my health permanetly? i have OCD. I mean, am I really really fucking with my body? or am i ok? Would it be healthier to drink a lot of liquor or rum
>>
>>36480120
is this like a six pack a week or what?
>>
>>36480120
each six-pack increases your risk of cancer by 75%.
>>
>>36480120
you should be fine if this is like a weekly monthly thing

However I drink three rolling rocks every day before work, is this dangerous?
>>
What is your metabolism like? If its decent you should be ok otherwise you will probably gain some weight.
>>
No, and that's a stupid question.
>>
>>36480231

Im just wondering am I runing my brain? Like my brain cells, or my body's ability too absorb alcohol or any other nutrient? Again, I have OCD. I'm just worried that if I drink too much NOW, I won't be able to enjoy drinking in the FUTURE. I'm worried that IPAs are so heavy with grains/hops/ or alcohol that it will permanetly ruin my health or my brain function
>>
>>36480120
Just one six pack? Or drinking a six pack every week?
>>
>>36480285
Beer is a soft drink. Stop worrying so much.
>>
>>36480285
Six beers is nothing. My buddy and I used to get together and kill two racks semi-regularly in high school and I'm fine.
>>
>>36480285
Are you fucking serious. Its just beer. Sounds like you already have damaged brain function without the beer.
>>
>>36480285
wine is the safer drink, a couple glasses of good red wine a week would do you better than beer
>>
>>36480120
>Would it be healthier to drink a lot of liquor or rum

no. there's more water relative to the amount of alcohol in 4-5% beer than there is in 35-40% spirits
>>
>>36480120
>am i totally fucking over my health permanetly
yes youre going to die from instant cirrhosis if you drink that 6 pack of 11% abv beers
>>
>>36480370
>buddy
Fuck off from this board, normalfag.
>>
>>36480320
>>36480370
>>36480371
>>36480387

I'm sorry that I'm worrying so much. It's just that I have OCD, legit OCD and I worry about the smallest stuff. Anything I put into my body, I'm always wondering what it's doing. I understand that beer is a soft drink, but double IPAs are pretty strong right? Not just alcohol content, but the amount of hops, carbonation, grains and overall "heaviness", they are way heavier than light beers? I mean, imagine chugging 12 double IPAs. Would that permantely affect your ability to enjoy alcohol in the future? I want to enjoy drinking tonight, but I worry that if I go overboard, I won't be able to enjoy drinking in the future, drinking at future events, or anything like that. I don't want to ruin future enjoyment. I mean, any wrong move I make, could have a big impact.

I know it seems like my brain is already weird, but I don't want to make it worse. I wish someone like a doctor could just say "drink however much you want, it doesn't matter, just go nuts". Would probably make me feel comfortable but they never seem to say that
>>
>>36480120

Moderate drinking is a myth.
>>
So it's not just the alcohol content I'm worried about, but everything else I'm absorbing that is fermented in the drink
>>
>>36480451
There's notng in an IPA that's bad for you other than the alcohol. Just drink two or three and see how you feel from there, but even drinking the whole six pack isn't going to do anything to you other than a hangover at worst.
>>
>>36480451
I used to drink pretty heavily, and I have ocd. If it really bothers you just quit, not worth the worry. i quit smoking and soda for the same reason. have a few drinks when you go out or when you're with friends, but don't keep any at home. You sound like you may not be able to handle alcohol well in the long term, do I'd say you're better off finding another way to relax.
>>
ive always had a cough and sometimes cough up mucus but i like to smoke about 1 pack a week isbthat really that detrimental? i also like chewing tobacco, i dont even get any nicotine from it it just tastes good

am i probably fine
a cig or two a day makes me feel nice and calm
>>
>>36480120
You're not going to notice any long term effects until you're like 60 and that's only if you get as drunk as possible at least 6 nights a week for years and years.

It's not pretty when your liver shuts down though.
>>
>>36480547

I feel like I'm trapped with my own brain. it doesn't let me totally enjoy anything.
>>
>>36480451
Trust me, I'm a very experienced drinker. An average of 2 drinks per night is what's doctor recommended. You can safely drink 14 a week without expecting any adverse effects.
>>
>>36480720

I only drink on the weekends

So, I can really drink 6 heavy douple IPAs on a friday night, and have it not permantely effect my future or my brain?

Thats what Im worried about over anything else, permanent effects
>>
>>36480784
You'll be fine, don't worry about it as long as you're not doing it all the time.
>>
what about alcohol tolerance? how quickly does that build up before you have to drink more and more to feel the effects of alcohol
>>
>>36480285

listen, don't drink it

you will just start panicking when you do and will send you on a spiral or rituals

you will have a beer think its caused you damage and it will make your night worse
>>
I drink a 6 pack every night and it's not that big of a deal.

t. paramedic
>>
>>36480784

It's 14 a week, not 14 over 2 days

Heavy binge drinking doesn't do you any favors. I wouldn't do more than 3-4 IPAs or 2-3 servings of heavy liquor in a night, desu.
But as long as you don't do it every night you're probably not looking at serious/permanent damage, no
>>
I'd laugh if I didn't know that this is exactly how OCD feels.
>>
>>36480120
What's damaging is the speed at which you drink, not how much you drink.(within limits)

Try to make those beers last, you ideally want to spend about an hour a beer, but spend at least half an hour.

Finishing 3-4 of those beers in 3-4 hours is no big deal and won't damage your cognition at all. Pound those same 3-4 down in 30minutes or less and you WILL damage your brain over time.
>>
>>36480120
>i have OCD.
oregano
>>
>>36480120
>drinks alcohol everyday
>drinks a 6pack of alcohol everyday

What do think retard, is it healthy?

If you really need to ask you're already doomed.
>>
>>36481393
why? it's the same amount of net alcohol
>>
>>36480784
The same FDA guideline that recommends no more than 14 drinks per week recommends no more than 4 in any given day.
>>
>>36481714
It is the concentration in the blood that is of concern, in terms of strain on your liver, in terms of potential for addiction, and in terms of poisoning or injury due to impairment.
>>
Statistically, a whole sixpack of strong beer at once one time is not going to do anything besides maybe make you feel like shit the next morning.
>>
>>36480120
you will be fine but try not to drink IPAs or hoppy beer to often

hops are a pro-estrogen and if you're here you probably dont need that

>>36480387
wine is high in tannins which aren't too good for you if you plan to get drunk
it wont give you permanent damage but it will make you sicker
>>
>>36480983
being a hero really add that much stress guy?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.