[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going To The Bar By Yourself

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: muh dik.jpg (54KB, 700x534px) Image search: [Google]
muh dik.jpg
54KB, 700x534px
Is it socially acceptable to go to the bars by yourself on a Saturday night in a college town?

I usually have 1 or 2 friends that I go with but I kind of ruined that by hitting on their female friends that have boyfriends. She was all over me first though and they didn't stop me.

Maybe I'll find someone else I know down there, I don't have a lot of good friends but I have acquaintances that I see and say hi, maybe I'll meet one and have a conversation. I'll probably end up going either way

What are you guys doing tonight?
>>
I did it once. I ended up chatting with some old guy and then he went to a different bar and I followed him there because I had no one else to talk to and he looked at me like I was gay.
>>
I go by myself sometimes. Weather it's acceptable or not is irrelevant. Just go and try to have fun.
>>
I would say it looks bad if you're young but don't let the normfags take away your right to a good time
>>
File: 56c64ef31e0000220070e5c2.jpg (97KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
56c64ef31e0000220070e5c2.jpg
97KB, 1200x630px
I wish I could but I live in a small town where its a mile+ walk to the bar
I aint driving senpai
>>
it's acceptable. a few people might find it slightly odd, a few will think it's kind of brave/cool since most people are too insecure to do it, most people will not give a shit. which college town?
>>
I do it sometimes, but this is an RSL full of old people and war veterans.

It's nice having a steak and a few beers while hearing stories about gooks getting killed.
>>
I do it all the time, I found a bar thats comfy and has cheap beer.
Its a good way for me to come up some ideas for my short stories.
>>
It's cheaper to drink alone, so why would you go to a bar unless you're just trying to get a taste of a variety of liquors?
>>
>>36479523
Yeah I'm 22 sometimes I sit there like an autist. I go down alone sometimes, but not usually on weekends. There's usually hoards of chads and stacys, I'm not ugly really but kind of a normie
>>
>>36479596
*alone at home
>>
>>36479422
sup bitch,

drinking a loko and a 40oz in my dorm, about to hit the bars by myself because none of my friends want to go out

want to be bar friends for the night?

#OSUlyfe
>>
>>36479630
ohio state?

you ever been to cafe bourbon st?
>>
>>36479630
Well what are you goig to do when you go to the bar? Sit down and play on your phone like an autist?
>>
File: 1464171976778.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1464171976778.png
51KB, 657x527px
Anyways I just hit 21 last week but haven't been to a bar yet. How does it work? Do I just go to the counter and ask for a beer? do I specify what brand? Can I ask for an actual drink or would that look autistic?
>>
>>36479804
You need to specify what brand you want. You can ask for mixed drinks if you want. If they don't make what you want just talk to bartender to figure out what they have that you would like, it's literally their job.
>>
>>36479885
Do i pay them after every drink or when i'm about to leave? Also is there a no singles policy?
>>
>>36479938
You can pay by the drink if you want or you can give them your card and open a tab and they'll just serve whatever you ask for until you close the tab then they'll charge you the total in one go.
>>
>>36479728
yes, ohio state

I dont know what you are referring to.

>>36479770
by then I'll be blacked out so I guess i'll try to get puss, fail, come back, vape weed and cry
>>
>>36479998
it's a bar in columbus

where are you planning to go?
>>
>>36479938

you can pay after every drink or open a tab, usually after your first drink the bartender will ask "do you want to put it on your tab". if you say yes, you just keep ordering until you're about to go. you pay your tab before you leave.

yes, you have to tell them what you want specifically. if you're unsure about beer, ask what's on draft and just pick one. experiment.

as far as an "actual drink" goes and whether or not you'll look autistic, it depends entirely on where you go. if you go to a working-class bar in a small town, you're basically expected to order a domestic beer. if you go to a fancy hotel bar, you're basically expected to order some kind of cocktail or at least something like a gin and tonic. if you go to a college bar or club, you really can order anything - but if you're a guy, it would come off as strange if you order anything other than a beer or a really simple long drink (gin and tonic, rum and coke, etc.)
>>
>>36479938
Pay after every drink unless you have your card and an open tab

Tip if you want, you don't always have to. I do sometimes if they make my drink well or if they're hot.

>Go to bar
>Sit on stool, if no stool is available because too many people then get in between some people
>Get cash out of wallet (A $10 or something unless you know the prices)
>Take cash and put your hand and cash over onto the bar with cash still in hand (This is important or else they will ignore you)
>"Can I have a uhh (bud light, Rum and Coke, Vodka Lemonade etc)
>"Sure, that will be three dollars"
>They make your drink
>Once drink is finished you hand them the money
>They go get your change and bring it back to you
>Take your change ($7) in this case
>You can choose to leave 1 or 2 dollars at the bar for the tip

A beer is usuall around $3, a mixed drink might run you like $3-$6 depending on where you are and what you get
>>
>>36480042
One of the newer nightclub bars

Midway, Bullwinkles primarily
>>
>>36479998
>vape weed
My fucking niggaaaa
>>
>>36480136
maybe you should change it up. i assume those bars will have the typical atmosphere/denizens you'd expect from those places
>>
I dunno I'm pretty indifferent to it, but going to bar alone on a weekend sucks if only because it's crowded and you can't really talk with people. Plus unless there's an performer/music you like, whats the point. I can't even dance to the shit they play in these "normie" clubs anymore. Its not even the fun kinda rave music either.
Plus I live in D.C which is just a hell space of the most basic women on the planet (or im just not looking in the right places)

I'm not the only who feels this way right? I would start more house parties over going to bars myself but I'm tired of hosting parties/event like a cuck and never getting any reciprocation from people who just want to drink and/or fuck stacy in your bedrooms.
>>
I went out on my own once

>got super drunk
>drunk enough to consider going out on my own to be a good idea
>had just moved so I google nearest clubs
>one litterally 2 mins walk away from my new house
>went
>waiting in line
>2 guys and a girl start talking to me
>tell them Im new to the town and dont know anyone so im here on my own
>theyre nice and tell me im gonna spend all night with them then
>they give me mdma
>the girl is leading my around by the hand all night
>have a great time (the only time ive ever enjoyed going to a club)
>get invited to go out again for one of thier birthdays the next week
>go home
>realize I dont know any of thier names and cant contact them

now its a year later and im still here in another city living alone with no friends.

I couldve been a normie if my phone was charged that night
>>
File: 1485126520299.jpg (102KB, 1024x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1485126520299.jpg
102KB, 1024x1008px
>>36479567
you'd think everyone would be too drunk to notice? I've never been to a bar, is it as easy to get a cute one night stand GF as they say?
>>
>>36480682
If it makes you feel any better anon, people are different drunk and sober. I've had girls tell me we gonna hang out next week or this weekend or that they love me and wanna be with me forever and the next day they don't text.
>>
>>36480334
>Plus I live in D.C which is just a hell space of the most basic women on the planet (or im just not looking in the right places)

Fellow DCfag here. It's not just you. This city is home to the most basic people in the country, period. And whenever someone from out of the area comes to visit me they point out how jarring it is.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.