[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird stuff

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: astral pepe.jpg (196KB, 675x559px) Image search: [Google]
astral pepe.jpg
196KB, 675x559px
Hey anons, what I'm about to describe may sound really fucking weird but I mean it in all seriousness. I have to know if there is a name for this thing that sometimes happens to me.

>Doing regular stuff
>Start thinking about my existence
>Think about stuff like how small our planet is compared to other things in the universe or how humans are essentially just really smart primates, etc.
>The more I think about it the more surreal and bizarre it feels to be alive
>Suddenly a really intense feeling of complete disconnection to my body overcomes me
>Feels like some sort of existential crisis
>Usually at this point I start thinking phrases like "why am I here?" or "why is this happening right now?" over and over
>This lasts for about one minute until the feeling fades away
>Mfw

Also, no, I'm not high (or ever been) while this happens.

Has this ever happened to any of you anons?
>>
File: 1456310989051.jpg (48KB, 882x688px) Image search: [Google]
1456310989051.jpg
48KB, 882x688px
>>36469960
Read the Bible and learn the the word of God, confused soul.
>>
>>36469991
I've been thinking about religion a lot recently. Unfortunately, my family has always been secular so I don't know much about it. After reading the Bible, what else could I do to learn stuff about theology?
>>
>>36470066
Join a church and a Bible study group. It also gives you a feeling of belonging.
>>
>>36469991
Read some of C.S. Lewis's books on Christianity.
>>
>>36470196
Thank you, I will check them out. By the way, is this thing I'm feeling got to do with my lack of religious beliefs? or how does it connect?
>>
>>36470253
It's a chemical imbalance in your brain caused by your perceived feeling of superiority
>>
>>36470348
Feeling of superiority?
Geez, I don't think so. I've always perceived myself as a piece of shit.
>>
>>36470253
Religion gives meaning and a belonging to something you share with other people so your life doesn't feel worthless when you fail at it.
>>
>>36470460
I like how that sounds. Thank you.
>>
>>36469991
There are some acceptable books of the bible that have decent philosophical messages behind them, but seriously don't fall into the same trap I did. Don't just cope with your problems by sedating yourself with religious or political ideologies. You might aswell start doing drugs, its the same effect. As someone who used to spend a shit ton of time researching theology, reading the bible and other Christian books, going to different churches, I can say that it did not benefit me. Once I came to the realization that none of it was true(for various reasons), I was right back at step one. My message for you is to not shy away from the abyss. Look into it, accept it, and move forward. We will never be able to know anything for sure, life is absurd. Clear your thoughts, be still, and embrace the abyss, the pure absence of order and meaning, the pure nothingness. That is all the advice I can give you OP, good luck.
Also, yes, the exact same thing you described has happened to me many times.
>>
>>36470494
Thank you anon, I will keep this in mind for the future. Also, I feel relief knowing that others have also experienced this. Godspeed.
>>
>>36469960
I went through this for a while as well. It mostly happened while laying in bed, waiting to fall asleep and it would force my eyes to open wide when those realizations washed over me.

You get used to it very quickly and eventually you just stop trying to understand what can't be understood and just embrace the fact that you're going to die.
>>
I'm sure everyone experiences this. Thinking about buildings always blows my mind, they are like complex nest.
>>
>>36470591
That's one way to interpret it, yeah. It also happens to me while falling asleep but normally it's during the daytime when I'm daydreaming.
>>
>>36470601
"Mind blow" would be an accurate way to put it, yeah. The thing is that having this feeling freaks me out because it feels like my brain has been completely re-wired and I can't have normal thoughts ever again. Things go back to normal of course but it feels so surreal.
>>
>>36469991
This>>>>
//Thread

Original post no.554732
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.