[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

***Christian General Thread***

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 21

File: 40FZnEf.jpg (23KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
40FZnEf.jpg
23KB, 800x533px
>What is the gospel?
The gospel is the message that Jesus Christ, although existed in the very form of God, did not consider that equality something to be held onto and chose to leave that heavenly place, enter into his own creation and die for the sins of his people. But guess what he rose on the third day because death could not hold it's grip on the blessed son of God and when you are resurrected on the day of judgement the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead will also be the same spirit that raised you on the last day.

>How to enter heaven
One enters into heaven through faith alone, for Christ had already died for our sins and so what could we possibly add on to that? Are we to say that the blood of Christ is not sufficient and we are to add onto that? No, his blood cleansed us of sin and to be cleansed of your sins you first must believe and Christ will do the rest.

I invite Christians, agnostics, atheists and everything in between, that includes people of other faith, to discuss Christianity and learn more about the largest religion in the world. God bless!

Thread: VII

Cont of: >>36455691

>First off an apology. Sorry for not making these threads for the past couple of days. I have been feeling quite lethargic and not in the mood. I know this isn't a good enough excuse, but if I am not in a good mental state, then I wouldn't have the motivation or drive to answer all your questions. I hope you will forgive me and we can have another great discussion about Christianity as usual.
>>
File: 7867867.jpg (681KB, 800x7200px) Image search: [Google]
7867867.jpg
681KB, 800x7200px
>>36468143
>>>/soc/
Recruit members for your retard club elsewhere.
>>
>>36468220
Self bump!
That picture doesn't prove anything. It implies because god is so transcendent that he can't also be a personal good who does, in fact, want a personal relationship with you. Maybe if you don't first make assumptions about god then maybe we can have a meaningful discussion.
>>
Self bump so people can see! originaloo
>>
>>36468220
>Wants to save your soul from eternal damnation
>insult them
Don't bite the hand that feeds you >>36468273
>Maybe if you don't first make assumptions about god then maybe we can have a meaningful discussion.
>Implying people won't have preconceived notions and enter the thread anyways
>>
>>36468143
Why does God hate me? When will he finally release me from this hell I call "my life"?

Amen.
>>
>>36469615
God does not hate you, in fact, he loves you and desires you to enter into heaven.

>This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
>1 Timothy 2:3-4

But due to our sin, we fall short of the glory of God and instead inherit his wrath. But wait there's hope because Christ died for your sins and gave you a way out of hell.

>When will he finally release me from this hell I call "my life"?
You must first suffer in this life in order to receive eternal life.

>After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

It's a part of the journey, but in the end, there is a wonderful surprise!
>>
>>36469610
>Implying people won't have preconceived notions and enter the thread anyways
Heh, worth a try to try and make them see their own fallacy.
>>
>>36468273
>That picture doesn't prove anything.
It's supposed to be a joke, sourpuss.
But it proves you're so arrogant and narcissistic you're willing to assert your imaginary friend as the authority over more space than the human mind can comprehend.
>>
>>36469610
>threaten you with eternal damnation for not joining their special boys club
>insult them
Pretty much.
>>
>>36469852
>preconceived notion
>fallacy
The entire Christain reasoning for a detity existing in the first place is a preconceived notion, you actual retard.
>>
>>36469803
i guess in your own way you're answering the call to the great commision. seems like a strange place to do so. but who know, maybe you'll save some
>>
Ezekiel 23:20 is my favorite bible verse.
>>
>>36470128
Nice, mine are Jeremiah 20:14 (-18) and 1 Timothy 2:12
>>
>>36469951
Do you know what narcissistic and arrogance mean? We as Christians humble ourselves to God and say we are all sinful. No better than anybody else. We everyday live knowing that we are sinful creatures who only deserves the wrath of God and you call us narcissistic? Hopefully, you will respond to this comment so we can actually have a deeper meaningful discussion.
>>
>christians
>on 4chan
is there a more unholy place to congregate?
>>
>>36470015
>you actual retard.
Thanks for the compliment.

Yeah but ours is based on scripture and even then we don't know all about god and solely rely on scripture to come to a conclusion about god.
>>
>>36468143
sagebot atheists come on in lads :^)
sage in all fields
>>
>>36470402
We are commanded to preach the gospel all over the world. Even Abraham went into sodom and Gomorrah. Also, you'd be surprised because there are quite a few Christians here on 4chan and stuff.
>>
>>36470128
>Ezekiel 23:20
Why would you like a verse about a woman who's past her prime talking about the time in her youth when she used to be a prostitute? I mean god's not even glorifying it rather a woman's own inner dialogue.
>>
>>36470377
>We as Christians humble ourselves to our own mental constructs
Wow, that's so humble and totally not self-serving.

I couldn't think of anything more humble than believing you're on a first name basis with the artificer of reality.

>knowing that we are sinful creatures who only deserves the wrath of God
...So, you're a literal cuckold?
>>
File: Sri-Ganesh-PNG-Picture.png (111KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sri-Ganesh-PNG-Picture.png
111KB, 300x300px
>>36470410
>Yeah but ours is based on scripture
So is the 4 armed cosmic elephant, Einstein.
>>
>>36470514
>So, you're a literal cuckold?
How are we cuckolds if you just said

>I couldn't think of anything more humble than believing you're on a first name basis with the artificer of reality.
>>
Are these threads serious or is it always just one larping "christian" man who enjoys baiting robots/ being trolled?
>>
>>36470563
Being self important and being a cuck is not mutually exclusive and overlaps more often than not.
>>
>>36470358
>Jeremiah 20:14 (-18)
Op here. I like that verse too. It does, in fact, echoes the same feelings I have had and does not at all bring the bible into question but rather show us the realistic feels humans have. A feel so real that a lot of anons's here on 4chan might have. In fact, that verse makes me love the bible more because it shows me that the feelings I'm having now are not unique and there are others out the feeling the same way.

>1 Timothy 2:12
Nothing wrong with that> even us men have to be humble to christ so, in the end, it's all about exalting god and not ourselves.
>>
>>36470646
We could have chosen any religion we want. But in the end, god chose us for Christianity and we believed. No one would seriously submit themselves to a religion which they knew was wrong. We didn't create god but he created us and we believed.

>>36470596
It's the same guy but I'm not baiting. Might to a face reveal one day,
>>
>>36469973
>Threaten you
Nobodies threatening you, just trying to save you
>Special boys club
Anyone can become saved anon
>>
>>36470556
Yeah, but the point I was making was that my conclusion wasn't based on a preconceived notion but rather scripture. Sure Hindus have their scripture, which might be wrong, bu that's for another discussion.
>>
>>36470785

Not him, but how on earth are you do you not go insane with fear if you actually believe this exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSgY0m45K-M
>>
>>36470816
>but how on earth are you do you not go insane with fear if you actually believe this exists
Not him but I'm op and would like to respond to your wonderful question!

Ok, the reason why we believe in an eternal hell, a place where we can burn in hell forever and yet still live happily is because we are saved.

We as humans are all destined for hell but because Christ, our sweet, merciful and generous saviour, died for our sins we have been saved and now have true peace with God

>Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1

If you truly believe this and know God, then you will have nothing to fear but on the other hand, if you do not believe then you should be afraid and tremble with fear.

>And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matthew 10:28
>>
>>36470816
Also, here's a scarier version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvieFJhJFK0

Why must hell be eternal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOMofDqTa4A
>>
>>36470816

Never mind why would God create the world and people and then send them to such a place just because they didn't "believe in Christ". Doesn't even make sense. God is pretty warped if God really operates this way.
>>
File: remembering-virgil.jpg (215KB, 585x392px) Image search: [Google]
remembering-virgil.jpg
215KB, 585x392px
I don't know what to believe. I want to believe in God and fully believe something out their we can't comprehend exists.

But there's so many contradictions in the bible, and when I ask about them, full on christians just dance around an answer just further amplifying my doubt.
>>
>>36471144
Hell is eternal separation from God, and what you experience is the lack of the good that God put into his creations. God doesn't want to live with sin, which is what you choose if you don't accept Jesus as Lord and savior.
>>
>>36471144
>why would God create the world and people and then send them to such a place just because they didn't "believe in Christ".
Good question. To understand this first, you must understand god's hate for sin. Sin is the must repulsive, disgusting thing to God. In fact, all it takes is one bad deed, thought or intention to be worthy of hell and the thing is, we've all sinned, and the wages of sin is hell.

>For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

Before you can even enter into heaven, you must be spotless and clean. But it's too late for us, and so we all should inherit the fire instead of the kingdom.

But lucky for us, Christ lived that sinless life, suffered many things up until death on the cross and for what? So that he could give us that life which is perfect and needed in order to enter heaven and all you need to do is believe and you're saved from the fires of hell.

also see: >>36369740 and >>36369762
>>
>>36471295
You could always ask here and I'll feel free to answer, if I am able to, if not then I will confess I don't know or at least tell you what I might think the answer is.
>>
>>36470785
>Nobodies threatening you, just trying to save you from the threats we made
You're pretty slow, huh?
>Anyone can become saved anon
Provided they have existing brain damage and funds to donate to church officials.

>>36470806
>that my conclusion wasn't based on a preconceived notion but rather scripture
What about taking scripture at face value is not preconceived?

>Hindus have their scripture, which might be wrong
Oh, right, Because you have the preconception that your scripture is the right one out of the possible 4,200 options
You idiot.

How do you toddlers even function in the real world with this little capacity for reasoning?
>>
>>36471349

For one since God is omnipotent he would know how everyone's life will play out right? Are some people just destined to burn? Why?

Also what about third worlders that never learn of him and thus had so chance to atone, are they just fucked?

Further, will I really go to hell just for fapping? I'll be burning along with rapists, war mongers and killers cause of masturbation?
>>
>>36471321
>"Justice."
If your notion of justice is "eternal torment for failure to profess subservience", I'd sooner worship Satan than the fucked up sociopathic tulpa you're trying to pass off as god.
>>
>>36471377
>What about taking scripture at face value is not preconceived?
That's the faith part which is a gift.

>Oh, right, Because you have the preconception that your scripture is the right one out of the possible 4,200 options
You idiot.
Most other religions are wrong due to them either dying out or staying in their part of the world. Christianity was predicted to take over the whole world and it has but I believe that is due to divine intervention.
>>
>>36471450
>That's the faith part
Why the preconception that faith should be used to ascertain the nature of reality?

>other religions are wrong due to them either dying out
Oh, so the second there's more Muslims than Christians, Allah is the god instead of Yahweh?

That's something a fucking child would say.
>>
>>36468143
>One enters into heaven through faith alone

Protestantism was a fucking mistake.
>>
>>36471420
>For one since God is omnipotent he would know how everyone's life will play out right? Are some people just destined to burn? Why?
If you have the time read Romans 9. If you really care I think you'd set aside like, max 10 minutes to reach a small chapter. It pretty much answers your questions but if you don't have faith it might not be the answer you like.

>Also what about third worlders that never learn of him and thus had so chance to atone, are they just fucked?
Actually, I don't know but I would lean into the fact that they probably will enter into hell. Look at the flood in Noah's time. When the flood came it took everyone that was on the boat and left no one spared. Do you think just because you were a woman, child or in fact the wave of water would move past you? Do you think those who never heard Noah would have not been touched by the waves? No. What happened was that all who didn't take refuge in the ark were swept by the waves and taken away. But that's just a theory and I could be wrong I still need to study more on this stuff.

>Further, will I really go to hell just for fapping? I'll be burning along with rapists, war mongers and killers cause of masturbation?
Good question read my op and this: >>36368600
>>
>>36471422
Why would I rely on my bad and low standards of morality and not god's? I am not so arrogant that I would think that my ideas of morality are far above god's view of morality. Remember god has perfect and high standards. Humans do not.
>>
>>36471633
>Why would I rely on my bad and low standards of morality and not god's?
Because "God's morality" is the morality of desert roaming, camel fucking opiate addicts in the bronze age, and if you can't discern a reasonable standard for human decency on your own, you belong in kindergarten.
>>
>>36471614
>It pretty much answers your questions but if you don't have faith it might not be the answer you like.

Why can't you just tell me? I'm a little busy at the moment.
>>
>>36471614

Ok I read it, I do things and but others before myself all the time without even thinking about any kind of "reward" because it feels nice in itself to help someone out.

I don't get how that answers my masturbation question though. Are you saying this good faith is enough to overlook it or something?
>>
>>36471548
>Oh, so the second there's more Muslims than Christians, Allah is the god instead of Yahweh?
there are not more Muslims than Christians, at least not yet, but still, this does not mean that it is true but has some backing. Also, there are numerous predictions in the bible that have come to pass. That among other things just makes it too much of a coincidence for there not to be a god.
>>
>>36471658
No even by those
> desert roaming, camel fucking opiate addicts in the bronze age
People god's standard is still high. It si the perfect standard and you will to find it imitated anywhere else. In most ancient religions you'd have to just be good enough or alright in order to seem good with god but Christianity is the first and only religion, as far as I know, to say one must first be perfect in order to enter into heaven.
>>
>>36471664
Are you this guy?>>36471717
? originaloo!
>>
>>36471765
Those people MADE the standard.

Or are you still young enough to believe god himself wrote the bible?

>but Christianity is the first and only religion, as far as I know, to say one must first be perfect in order to enter into heaven.
All that convinces me of is Christianity being less plausible than any other religion in existence.
>>
>>36471796

Yeah? Why? Did I say something wrong?
>>
>>36470358
It's actually a metaphor comparing Jews who associate with Arab religions to cucks.
>>
>>36471809
>Or are you still young enough to believe god himself wrote the bible?
Well, people believe that god existed up until old age but yeah I still do believe in god.

>All that convinces me of is Christianity being less plausible than any other religion in existence.
Why so?
>>
>>36471727
>there are not more Muslims than Christians
Not what I said, jackass.

>this does not mean that it is true
Oh, so popularity doesn't necessarily equate to truth? What a concept!

>there are numerous predictions in the bible that have come to pass
Prophecy is a fucking shit argument for validity of anything and you know it.
https://www.alislam.org/library/articles/fulfilled-prophecies-of-holy-quran/
https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/347/prophecies-of-quran/
http://www.chinabuddhismencyclopedia.com/en/index.php/Buddhist_Prophecies_Fulfilled
>>
>>36471836
nah, you didn't say something wrong just that I wanted to make sure I'm responding to the right person. Give me 5 minutes and I'll have a response for you.
>>
>>36471862
>Well, people believe that god existed up until old age but yeah I still do believe in god.
That was in no shape or form a response to the question of "Do you think the Bible was written by god".

>Why so?
Because that would mean 100% of humanity is in hell, which is absurd and stupid.
>>
>>36471880
>Not what I said, jackass.
Oh, my bad I read it wrong.

>Prophecy is a fucking shit argument for the validity of anything and you know it.
You see that's the thing. It takes far more than just proof. I mean even if a man died and rose again in three days it still wouldn't be enough for you to believe. Look at the story of the rich man and Lazarus. The rich man went to hell and the poor man into heaven, and when the rich man in hell asked if he could come to his brothers who were still alive, he was not granted the opportunity. Do you know why? It was because even if they did see it wouldn't have made them believe because I mean you could doubt that and say it was just a dream.

You see faith is a gift from God and the only way to believe is by god's power because even if predictions were in the bible people still wouldn't believe so it isn't a matter of proof but rather nature, traditions and habits.
>>
File: 1482945788736.jpg (81KB, 547x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482945788736.jpg
81KB, 547x800px
>>36470816
God Christian really like their scare tactic s
>>
>>36471910
>That was in no shape or form a response to the question of "Do you think the Bible was written by god".
You asked if I was still young enough to believe in god, implying only young people do it, then I said even old people stay Christians.

>Because that would mean 100% of humanity is in hell, which is absurd and stupid.
Ah, you see that's why christ died so you could receive his perfect life as yours and you to will be good enough to enter into heaven and all that you need to do is believe and you're saved. That's it.
>>
File: 1472044207461.jpg (27KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1472044207461.jpg
27KB, 499x499px
>>36472101
this was directed at >>36471933
Sorry for the mistake
>>
File: 3mLydMU.png (70KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
3mLydMU.png
70KB, 243x200px
>>36472120
>You asked if I was still young enough to believe in god
No, for the third goddamn time I asked you "Do you think the Bible was written by god"? Are you so stupid you can't fucking read?

>that's why christ died so you could receive his perfect life as yours
That means you don't have to be perfect to get into heaven then.

I really would like to have a single conversation where the religious side doesn't contradict themselves after literally every single post.
>>
>>36471717
God creates people for different purposes some of the temporary pleasures, such as eathly pleasure, and others for eternal pleasures, such as heavenly pleasures.

Some people God creates solely for hell so he can let his power be known and some into heaven so his two natures can be shown.

One displays his wrath while the other his love, but it all glorifies God when what was predestined happens.
>>
pretty sure this is just a troll thread. there's no way someone can be this retarded and degenerate.
>>
>tfw nihilism is empty and life denying
>too skeptical to believe in the supernatural
>too untermensch to forge own value system
>>
File: IMG_1216.jpg (36KB, 480x424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1216.jpg
36KB, 480x424px
>>36468143
I was volunteering today and an old lady told me god was going to reward me in heaven.

Feels good, man.
>>
>>36472270
>Some people God creates solely for hell so he can let his power be known and some into heaven so his two natures can be shown.

So some people are born already destined to suffer irregardless of what they do? How is that fucking fair? What if they lead a good life, they go to hell anyway?
>>
>>36472189
>are you still young enough to believe God himself wrote the bible?
This is your exact quote, and I even answered it and said I do believe. Look back I said "yes" I do believe in God. I do believe that the bible was inspired by god.

>That means you don't have to be perfect to get into heaven then.
You still don't understand. We are made perfect by Christ's blood on the cross. Remember the wages of sin is death, but Christ died and took away our sins making us perfect and sinless.

>I really would like to have a single conversation where the religious side doesn't contradict themselves after literally every single post.
I highly doubt. You seem to be swearing a lot and being quite arrogant and argumentive even since the beginning. Maybe the problem is yourself and not others
>>
>>36472381
I told you-you might not like it.

The reason for this is because it glorifies god. In the end, it is you who enters into hell due to your won doings but god seeing his decree come to pass glorifies him. Did you read Romans 9?
>>
>>36472394
>to believe God himself wrote the bible?

>I even answered it and said I do believe.
>I believe that the bible was inspired by god.
Which is it then? Is it absolute morality, or flawed human interpretation of a mushroom trip they mistook for the creator of our universe?

>We are made perfect by Christ's blood on the cross
Then maybe god shouldn't have designed an animal that could never be perfect until they took his son and nailed him to a stick.

I guess I have to thank the Romans, because apparently everyone went to hell before we killed Jesus.

>the wages of sin is death
The wages of life is death. You just say "sin" because you're stupid enough to think death didn't exist until "sin" did.

>You seem to be swearing a lot and being quite arrogant and argumentive even since the beginning.
This is 4chan you faggot

>Maybe the problem is yourself and not others
According to who? The guy trying to peddle his dead kike on a stick with books written before the invention of steel?
>>
File: bergoglio.jpg (101KB, 337x481px) Image search: [Google]
bergoglio.jpg
101KB, 337x481px
>>36468143

You know, you Protestants are wrong.

You literally made up a new religion and labeled it as ''Christianity'', wiping away everything you disliked - Holy Sacraments, Saints, Tradition, even some book from the Bible.

And your Babylon spread over literally tens of thousands of denominations - some 20,000 in US alone, not counting the rest of the world.

20,000 fucking and blasphemous variations of the true Christianity, just because the stinking depraved Luther.

Some extra thousands ''Christian'' religions exist, because Luther was only one of the heretics believing he knew Christianity more than the saints and even more than the successors of st.Peter, first Pope in the Christian history.

Today's pathetic trends require you to pretend you don't know the subtle differences between those self-proclaiming ''Christian'' false religions, and spread your boring sermons fighting idiotic things like the ''atheism'' only existing in depressed neckebearded basementdwellers dreams. And you even got a new ally - a Pope willing to convalidate your sermons instead of telling everyone that Luther's heresies took a painstakingly high number of souls to the Hell.
>>
>>36472428
>due to wrong doings
Like being born in a war-torn, impoverished jungle of Africa.

Is a prerequisite for Christianity sociopathy?
>>
>>36472550
>Which is it then?
absolute morality,

>I guess I have to thank the Romans because apparently, everyone went to hell before we killed Jesus
No, he even died for the sins of those people who lived before him. No one enters into heaven until after judgement day. Everyone one stays in hades and then you enter into heaven or hell.

>The wages of life is death. You just say "sin" because you're stupid enough to think death didn't exist until "sin" did.
Ok, you don't know what death means in the Christian lexicon. Well, death basically means eternal separation from god, which is hell, and whoever does not believe will basically be separated from god for eternity.

>This is 4chan you faggot
Heh, fair enough.

>According to who? The guy trying to peddle his dead kike on a stick with books written before the invention of steel?
If you're talking about christ then yeah, you are the problem.
>>
>>36472592
I've began to study catholocims becasue it has peaked my interest. I have one questions though.

One big difference between Roman Catholicism and Protestantism is the value of faith alone as opposed to works, faith and God's grace working together in a synergistic way to bring about your salvation, which would be the Catholic view.
This then brings me to my question. What was Christ's purpose when dying on the cross. As a protestant I believe that he died for my sins, all of them and for once and for all and so there is nothing I can possibly do to add on to that perfect sacrifice. So then I ask you if you believe that we must do good works to stay saved and committing mortal sins, which Christ died for, can make us lose that salvation then what did Christ accomplish on the cross then if there are things that we can do to lose salvation and there are sins that we must repent for. Didn't Christ die for all sins?
>>
>>36472740
>absolute morality
So, you think that god himself came down and wrote every singe manuscript that contributes to the Bible? Or is your entire worldview based off the infallibility of the people that existed when bashing holes in the skull was a form of medicine?

>No, he even died for the sins of those people who lived before him
Exactly! See, if he ever died, then all of use would be going to hell because you'd still be imperfect. You should be on your hands and knees thanking the Romans for saving your eternal soul.

>Well, death basically means eternal separation from god
The definition of death in the Christian lexicon is retarded, and the ability to praise someone that tosses African children in hell to flex his muscle is an awful pitch for eternity.

If it's supposedly infallible, why does Christian cosmology have the continuity of bad fanficiton?

>If you're talking about christ then yeah, you are the problem.
I clearly have less of a problem, seeing as I'm not nailed to an I beam.
>>
>>36472849
*if he never died
>>
File: IMG_20160923_152428.jpg (101KB, 540x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160923_152428.jpg
101KB, 540x576px
Just wanted to drop in and say that god is a sadistic piece of shit who enjoys the suffering of his "children" and if he is real I'd love to spit in his face.
>>
>>36472849
>So, you think that god himself came down and wrote every singe manuscript that contributes to the Bible?
Yes, that is the view of scripture christ had, that is the view of scripture the psalmist had and that is the view of scripture I have. Christianity has never told people to bash holes in the skull of people as a form of medicine?

>Exactly! See, if he ever died, then all of use would be going to hell because you'd still be imperfect.
Nah, god predestined all things to happen a certain way and was predestined since the beginning. If christ never died then we would all just be in hades waiting forever and ever. It didn't even have to be the rooms anyone could have killed him but now that his blood has been shed we can finally move on the eternal resting place know as heaven.

>The definition of death in the Christian lexicon is retarded
No, whenever you are in a certain field you use words differently than you would in a different context.

>If it's supposedly infallible, why does Christian cosmology have the continuity of bad fanficiton?
What do you mean? Truth is truth.
>>
>>36473017
>god is a sadistic piece of shit who enjoys the suffering of his "children"

>This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
1 Timothy 2:3-4
>>
File: 1458603919146.jpg (49KB, 960x767px) Image search: [Google]
1458603919146.jpg
49KB, 960x767px
>>36473094
Are you implying that what I said is somewhat true?
>>
>>36473164
No, you said that god is sadistic and like it when his people burn in hell but instead god wants the opposite and fro everyone to enter heaven but due to your sin you stray and fall into eternal fire.
>>
>>36473066
>>god himself came down and wrote every singe manuscript that contributes to the Bible?
>Yes
Well, you're stupid and demonstrably wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bible

>Nah, god predestined all things to happen a certain way and was predestined since the beginning.
So, everyone who went straight to hell as a result of being imperfect before Jesus's death was predestined to burn for eternity?

If "god's plan" is shitty, makes no sense, and negatively impacts the whole of humanity, why choose to believe it?

>If christ never died then we would all just be in hades waiting forever and ever.
Cool. This religion gets more retarded by the minute.

>No
Context does not make a stupid definition not-stupid.

>Truth is truth.
Correct.
And the truth is that you don't have an ingot of tangible evidence, proof, or even sane reasoning as for why these fairy tales should be considered "truth".
>>
>>36473215
>you said that god is sadistic and like it when his people burn in hell
If he isn't, then he wouldn't make entire continents for the sole purpose of throwing all the inhabitants into eternal torture.
>>
File: 1460680048013.png (555KB, 3300x3140px) Image search: [Google]
1460680048013.png
555KB, 3300x3140px
>>36473215
May I ask? If a man is born in a country where Christianity is not taught and dies without commiting any "sins" does he go to heaven? Does a child molester/rapist go to heaven if he asks for forgiveness?
>>
>>36473240
>Well, you're stupid and demonstrably wrong.
Yeah, I am aware of that and still believe that it is from god. I would like to have a discussion with you if you wanted about textual criticism since it is something I am very much interested in.

>So, everyone who went straight to hell as a result of being imperfect before Jesus's death was predestined to burn for eternity?
No, christ's death even atoned for the death of all people through all time who believed in him. That includes the OT prophets and up until today.

>why choose to believe it?
Truth is truth.

>Cool. This religion gets more retarded by the minute.
How so?

>Context does not make a stupid definition not-stupid.
How is it stupid. In heaven, you have eternal life and in hell, you are dead in sin. The bible is very adamant on defining this word. How do you define stupid and not stupid?
>>
>>36473266
They enter into hell for their own wrong doings. God wanted to see them in heaven but they did not listen and so are now in hell.
>>
>>36473341
>If a man is born in a country where Christianity is not taught and dies without committing any "sins" does he go to heaven?
Well, we are all born in sin and so, therefore, need a saviour and it is literally impossible to live until being a man and never have committed a sin.

>Does a child molester/rapist go to heaven if he asks for forgiveness?
Yes, in fact if he believes in Christ all of his sins will be forgiven and he will be saved.
>>
>>36472793

Sounds like you think that since ''Christ died for all sins'' then you're somewhat enabled to commit more sins because they're already ''paid for''. Then why Our Lord told us to repent and convert?

You also know that your good works and good will will strenghten your soul and make you fall less. Sacraments - mostly Eucharist and Penance - will add up to that strengthening.

If you can skip Sacraments, why Christ instituted them? If you can ignore the only people who can celebrate valid Sacraments, why Christ enabled them giving the Keys of Heaven to Peter? Did He say ''not even a iota will change until a man named Luther will become a rebel'' ?

You may get more appropriate answers in the Summa Theologica by Thomas Aquinas - its jargon will seem baroque at first, but in a short while it will sound more interesting than any theologian and any preacher.
>>
>>36472270
>some people God destined for hell
Spotted the Calvinist, this is patently false
>>
>>36473017
>Just wanted to drop in and say that god is a sadistic piece of shit who enjoys the suffering of his "children"

Too easy to label ''God's liability'' the human sins (and their consequences, including long-term ones).
>>
>>36473475
read >>36368600

>Summa Theologica by Thomas Aquinas
Sure would love to! But then again I will not substitute truth for tradition. That was the trap the Pharisees and Sadducees fell into and I am not going their way.
>>
>>36473511
Haha, you've got me. But I would just like to say that I will never identify as a Calvinist since I believe that christ is the centre of my faith and not some man. I do agree with some of his believes e.g TULIP, but not all, just read some of his works and you'll get what I mean. He says god enjoys it when people are cast into hell, which I disagree with. Instead, I identify as reformed baptists because people tend to get the message after I say that.
>>
File: 1492407043734.jpg (101KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492407043734.jpg
101KB, 600x600px
>>36473451
That must be the most dumbest shit I've ever read. It amazes me how christians can say things like this with a straight face. Christians believe all this fairytale garbage because they've realized that life is pointless and their existence is meaningless. They need some sense of purpose. They'd much rather forgive someone who's abused their own children as opposed to someone who disagrees with their religious ideology.
>>
>>36473696
>They need some sense of purpose. They'd much rather forgive someone who's abused their own children
It's god who decides but in the end I don't know. A person who repents and believes then he is saved. If one never believes then there is only one place he can go.
>>
>>36473383
>I am aware of that and still believe that it is from god.
I am aware of gravity and still believe that we are held on the planet by invisible leprechauns.

>would like to have a discussion with you if you wanted about textual criticism
I'm not humoring your apologetic gymnastics so you can attempt to justify how a compilation of bronze age wives tales is reasonable manual for the universe. Explain why the Bible is any more valid than the Vedas first.

>Christ's death even atoned for the death of all people through all time who believed in him
...So the second Jesus dies, millions of people suddenly stopped being tortured under the instruction of god?

With every post this God sounds more and more psychotic and sadistic.

>Truth is truth.
So why do you believe in horseshit?

>This religion gets more retarded by the minute.
>How so?
"Well, those people professed their undying love for me, but I guess I'll let them get flayed by eternal hellfire until the Romans off my boy"

>How is it stupid.
Because under that definition of death, I could blow someone's head off with a shotgun and if they went to heaven it wouldn't qualify as "dead".

Still waiting for a single piece of substantiation for this fever dream of a doctrine.
>>
>>36473341
>May I ask? If a man is born in a country where Christianity is not taught and dies without commiting any "sins" does he go to heaven?

There are different degrees of heaven's beatitude.
And yes, Our Lord may make him to go to heaven, but that's more the exception than the rule.

>Does a child molester/rapist go to heaven if he asks for forgiveness?

I don't think he would ever be sincere in asking, while totally regretting his acts and definitely doing anything to ''repair the damage'' (whatever could be the ''repairs'').

And in the theoretically possible case he doesn't go to hell, he'll have to spend quite a lot of time in the Purgatory, that is, in a temporary hell which could last up to the judgment day.

Being infinite Justice, God will clearly take into account the suffering of the innocents.
>>
>>36473407
Reply to >>36472595 you fucking coward.
>>
>>36473772
>A person who repents and believes then he is saved. If one never believes then there is only one place he can go.
Exactly. You twisted, perverted psychopaths are more forgiving of child rapists and murderers than you are of people who don't buy your cultish bullshit.
>>
>>36473572
>substitute truth for tradition

You'll be asking Thomas to explain the truth, not to substitute it with human made ''tradition''.

Also, Tradition - the true one - comes from ''tradere'', Latin term for delivering. And you only deliver the good things, those sporting undeniable reasons to be delivered.
>>
File: 8745654.png (76KB, 441x411px) Image search: [Google]
8745654.png
76KB, 441x411px
Question for all you loony toons

If I put a pamphlet in front of you that threatened you with "fire forever" unless you never stopped loving me, would you love me? Would you even believe I have the power to torture you until the end of time?

If not, what's so special about the Bible?
>>
>>36473805
>I am aware of gravity and still believe that we are held on the planet by invisible leprechauns.
It's called studying and if you actually read and studied in Christian literature then you would understand that in fact, we use this to prove that the bible is preserved. The reason why I have even more faith in the bible is because have studied textual criticism.

>I'm not humoring your apologetic gymnastics so you can attempt to justify how a compilation of bronze age wives tales is reasonable manual for the universe. Explain why the Bible is any more valid than the Vedas first.
So you've never researched textual criticism. Ok, just admit it but next time don't bring it up unless you know what you're talking about.

>So the second Jesus dies, millions of people suddenly stopped being tortured under the instruction of god?
No hades is a resting place. We await out judgement and if you are saved christ will say come my people and if not he will save depart from me I never knew you.

>So why do you believe in horseshit?
Because it's not.

"Well, those people professed their undying love for me, but I guess I'll let them get flayed by eternal hellfire until the Romans off my boy"
A miss understanding of scripture and what we believe.

>Because under that definition of death, I could blow someone's head off with a shotgun and if they went to heaven it wouldn't qualify as "dead".
Depends in what context you are talking about. If you kill someone they're dead but when talking about in relationship to christ if he go hell they have received eternal death. Sometimes in the bible called second death.
>>
>>36473831
Oh sorry I didn;t see that. Well what I would say is so what. if you're a sinner do you think to say to god well everyone else did it would be a good excuse? Well no, we are accountable for what we do.
>>
Still don't get how Jesus dying saves anything. If anything it just makes us look worse
>>
>>36473696
>because they've realized that life is pointless and their existence is meaningless.

Sounds like you just defined those people obsessed with getting any possible pleasure before their death.
Also, they are scared by life itself, thus committing suicide at the first big issue.

Christianity originated because that Man showed up absurdly astonishing features. You may not believe in miracles, but you can easily imagine how people like you could react if a true undeniable miracle just happened. And yes, those people were either his followers or his murderers.
>>
>>36473940
Read my whole comment besides picking parts. That's called a strawman.

>>36473946
His proof isn't saying that if we don't believe we will go hell that is a warning fro those who believe and to motivate them to strive to enter into the narrow gate of heaven.
>>
>>36473946
*tips*
*watches Rick and Morty*
>>
>>36474009
look at what I said here. >>36369740
Also, look up imputation of sin.
>>
>>36473805
>I am aware of gravity and still believe that we are held on the planet by invisible leprechauns.

Someone ''wrote'' the physics laws and chose the right combination of fundamental constants to make the universe exist, the Earth exist, the life exist, and the both of us discussing just now.

tldr, sounds like you don't know anything about probability computation
>>
File: 7597596756.jpg (68KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
7597596756.jpg
68KB, 320x320px
>>36474006
What you're being asked:
>"Why is being born in the middle of Africa a wrong doing?"
Your down syndrome attempt at a reply:
>if you're a sinner do you think to say to god well everyone else did it would be a good excuse?

Is being intentionally retarded until all actual questions are obfuscated also in the Christian doctrine?
>>
File: 0898675.png (54KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
0898675.png
54KB, 500x534px
>>36474033
>>36474049
>mfw neither of you clowns could answer me
>>
>>36474121
It's funny that they keep replying with very vague non-answers
>>
>>36468143
St George's day tomorrow, fellas. Looking forward to it.
>>
>>36474081
So it was proof of his mercy and kindness?
>>
>>36474121
>"Why is being born in the middle of Africa a wrong doing?"
All humans are sinners and deserve hell unless they believe and repent.
>>
>>36473946
You haven't performed copious amounts of miracles including your birth, gained a large following while you were alive and died in martyrdom. So their would be no reason to love you in the same way that I love Jesus.
>>
>>36474101
>I'm in high school and I am very smart!
Math is based on the proceedings of the natural world, not the other way around, kiddo. The set values of the constants are only relevant in the context of the mathematical systems we've established.

tldr, sounds like you don't even know what probability computation even is.
>>
>>36474202
Ok, this is how it works.

All humans have sinned, the wages of sin is death so now we all deserve hell. But Christ died instead and took all of the sins of those who will believe in him on the cross and in exchange gave you how righteousness. Now that we have his righteousness we are clean and pure enough to enter into heaven.

If there is something that you do not understand then feel free to ask.
>>
File: 1395115848340.png (305KB, 495x470px) Image search: [Google]
1395115848340.png
305KB, 495x470px
>>36474205
So if a child is stuck in a closet for his entire life until he dies he deserves eternal damnation? If so then how can you consider god some sort of righteous omnipotent being?
>>
>>36474205
>Even if they're a quantifiably better person than I am, they deserve hell and I deserve paradise because I was born in a Christian nation and they weren't

Such a humble religion.
>>
>>36474249
Nah. This makes enough sense. Thanks, I get a bit uncomfortable talking about this to people I know.
>>
>>36474298
>So if a child is stuck in a closet for his entire life until he dies he deserves eternal damnation?

Eternal damnation is the result of sins for which he didn't ask for forgiveness.
>>
>>36474298
God is not only loving and holy but also just. I haven't looked too into it but from my research so far if he didn't believe then he's going hell.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>36474249
>You were charged with breathing in the third degree, but we're dropping the charges so you better thank me!
>>
File: 1461251370213.jpg (6KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
1461251370213.jpg
6KB, 240x260px
>>36474356
Thank you for proving my point of christians being selfish assholes who worship a fictional sadist.
>>
>>36474319
Well, in the eyes of god all sinners are equally bad but when you're sins are atoned for no one can make a charge against you.
>>
>>36474356
>Eternal damnation is the result of sins for which he didn't ask for forgiveness.
You REEEALLY don't want to answer this question and that's hilarious. ry to weasle out of this one:

Do the people UNAWARE that Christianity exists deserve the punishment of not converting to Christianity?
>>
>>36474398
You are charged for being a sinner. God hates sin and will never let anything touched by sin enter into heaven. These are the true standard of morality of god.
>>
>>36474434
When did I talk about sinning? That wasn't relevant at all.

1/2 of all your posts aren't remotely relevant. It's almost as if you're afraid of criticism. I wonder why.
>>
File: 5a7.jpg (148KB, 496x700px) Image search: [Google]
5a7.jpg
148KB, 496x700px
>>36474455
>You owe god for forgiving your sins!
>What sins?
>The sins of existing!

Does the chastity cage itch when you wear panties?
>>
>>36474485
>When did I talk about sinning? That wasn't relevant at all.
It's why we enter into hell and all men have sinned and all deserve hell.
>>
>>36474524
Nothing wrong with existing just that we've all sinned and need to be saved.
>>
>>36474404
You're always welcome, professor Dick Openminded
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.