[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else overcame a crippling depression?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1492127098839.jpg (257KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
1492127098839.jpg
257KB, 750x738px
A year ago i failed a suicide attempt,spent all my days in a dark room browsing this cancerous site (i don't qnymore,i'm just here yo post this) ,barely ate,only left the the room to piss,constantly getting abused by family with made me sink even lower,went from 4.0 gpa top of uni promo student (was about to start medschool) to someone failing all his classes and barely being able to study 1-2 hours A MONTH (just so you know,i could easily study 6-12 hours a day with ease in the past,i couldnt function anymore)

Needless to say. IAfter my suicide attempt,it took a very long time to see improvements in my life, but 1 year later and i'm doing so much better, i still have much progress waiting for me but i'm hopeful for the future

Disowning my toxic family helped me a damn lot,i'd be in a grave right now if they were still around me. I'm working as a lab assistant under a PhD student for a paper on brain injuries , i'm thankful because working there truly helped me gain my passion back and boosted my recovery.

Anyone else got out of a crippling depression?
>>
nope haha lol
>>
depression can't go away
>>
File: 1451411698179.png (137KB, 465x996px) Image search: [Google]
1451411698179.png
137KB, 465x996px
I thought i did got out but lately tumbled back there. Started caring about looks worked out, moved to another country, got into a top 150 uni for mechanical engineering. Life was going pretty well, until i fell in love with my flatmate, something started happening between us, we kiss while drunk and cuddle all night, that was the best day of my life and she told me she likes me as well. Next day it all started tumbling down when she told me that it was a all a mistake, that she's shallow about looks and she doesn't want a relationship of any kind at the moment and we should stay friends for now. The worst part is i was more obvious i like her lately and i was initiating slowly and she took a leap of faith for me. And now my finances are crumbling down and making me nervous, second semester finals in one month and i don't know how i'm gonna make it while i'm tumbling back to what i was 2 years ago before i decided to get my shit together.
>>
Yes I overcame depression. The truth is what you already know but often dismiss. 1) it's within your abilities to change 2) it requires work 3) it's all up to you
>>
i was down because i was a shitty person that would be better dead.
got some help, re-evaluated things.
still think im shitty person, but now i dont apologise for it.
fuck these dumbasses for wanting to keep me around.
>>
>>36467977
It's not always within your ability. Sometimes your environment is so fucking toxic and abusive that absolutely need to be away from them to improve
>>
>>36468211
That's bullshit and will keep you sick. Blaming others get you nowhere. The only truth you need to remember is that you ALWAYS can choose how you respond to life's stressors. You either choose how you shape yourself or let the world shape you.
>>
>>36467710
I'm hoping for my first failed suicide attempt this coming Monday.
>>
>>36468428
Lol, clearly someone hasn't been in an extremely toxic environment whilr severely weakend by soul-wrecking health issues

Trust me,it's bot about blaming others nor is it supposed to be common but you had the privilege to be in a situation where you were not powerless nor going through a living hell out of your control for more than a year and abused to the point you broke

That advice is ignorant and won't work for everyone. Put in certain really fucked up circumstances where you physical health is greatly deteriorating,your health issues are really fucked up (even then you might be able to choose and take full control) then add 0 support (still alright as long as you got yourself) then add an extremely toxic family constantly abusing you, dure you can last few months depenfing on the severity of your health issues and your original mental state but how long do you think you'll be able support this living hell when your life is a downward spiral of fucked up issues out of your control

Remove the fuckrd up health issues and i wouldn't have been broken. I was already handling well life stressors,i was insanely strong willed. But how long do you think it can last when go through hell and see your whole world crashing before your eyes and you're literally powerless (dont bullshit me eith your "you can always choose" there's so many factors you dont take into account)

Anyway man. You had the privilege of not facing soul-wrecking issued in your life. Most people won't face soul-wrecking issues. But don't you assume it's the case for everyone and don't you belittle them
>>
>>36468590
Why monday? Seek help btw
>>
>>36468728
The man who developed the philosophy of life I was discussing was victor frankel and he survived being in a concentration camp during the holocaust.

Please tell me again how your circumstances are so bad you can't change your perspective on them.
>>
>>36467710
Can you tell me what you classify as a "suicide attempt"? Lostallhope.com says for every 15 attempts at suicide only 1 succeeds and this is concerning me
>>
>>36468926
He was a survivor of the holocaust,sure. But did he have such a mindset when he was in the conentration camp and almost starving to death and waiting for people to tell him when it was his turn to die?

Are you going to tell be that someone with leukemia and other issues who gets fucked up by the chemo,bedridden all day,with 0 support and the only people who are around are people constantly abusive and destroying his already fragile mental state

Do you think they just get to choose? Sure once they are out of that situation, they can choose and go through harsh stuff and still be able to choose but there's stuff beyond your control and it's ignorant to think everyone is in a position to simply choose. If you are in one,good for you but this isnt the case with everyone
>>
>>36468998
Got caught randomly. I'd be honestly dead if nobody had entered the room
>>
>>36469158
Yes. That's how he got through the holocaust and didn't commit suicide in the camp.
He figured the only thing he still had control over was the attitude he adopted towards his circumstance and struggles
>>
>>36467710
Overcame it?no
>>
>>36469841
What avout the second case i mentionned, you'd just be over like like that?
>>
I'm in the middle of one right now. I already had my failed suicide attempt, so I guess things should get better from here, but idk it just seems like every time I take one step forward some bullshit happens and it forces me two steps back. But ya know I'm fighting the good fight and I'm happy to hear that you're doing well.
>>
how does a medical student fail a suicide? you have too much relevant information to fail and yet you did
>>
>>36470948
You are a kind of manchild. You blame others but do not take personal responsibility. Others have thier blame. And life can be a bitch. But you still get to choose how you respond to these circumstances. You can say "woo is me. The world is unfair and others are cruel. I can never be happy because of the bad hand I have been dealt" or you can adopt a less faggy approach which allows you to find some joy despite the harsh treatment others gave you or the unfortunate illness you contracted.
>>
File: whenIThitsYOU.gif (491KB, 480x198px) Image search: [Google]
whenIThitsYOU.gif
491KB, 480x198px
>>36467710
The best part has yet to come, you'll start thinking you're doing good in life but then your good old friend crippling depression comes back with his good friends anxiety and suicidal tendacy
>>
File: 1484182500390m.jpg (62KB, 949x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1484182500390m.jpg
62KB, 949x1024px
>>36467710
im a piece of shit recent ex pot head and im spiraling back into depression. ive been depressed on and off since 13. mokin herby helped me ignore my pain and numbed me enough to get a degree in database admin which is shit i hate. Im also shy and introverted and have no one to talk to seriously with (would it even help?) and cant really seek help because it will prevent me from owning firearms and target shooting is one of my favorite things and always brings a smile to my face. I dont wana depend on drugs to make me happy but i find it hard to be positive. my roommates had friends over and i heard my old friend call my name but i was sobbing into a pillow and couldnt go face them. thing is, when im not depressed i cant really remember what bugs me out so bad but when i am i cant leave my fucking room. i guess its usually when i fuck something up, get harrased by my twin, see hot girls and cant ignore the fact ill die a virgin or my mom saying i should get a gf or all that fuckin little shit.
now im starting to feel like shit again
>>
>>36472973
i guess it was younger than 13, i failed offing my self at 3 sticking a fork into an outlet, at 6 at the senpai biz, in middle school but i dont really remember it becuase it must have almost worked and in hs about the same as when i was 3. My mother and little brother arnt toxic but my twin and dad can really turn it on. Maybe my weakening relationships with some of my closer friends isnt helping including one friend poping himself after recovering from cancer. idk what some of you mean by soul crushing, im not looking for pitty or whatever but most of my coworkers and friends would tell anyone reading my rancid bullshit whoses concern hasnt died yet that i take more shit than most people. Maybe that shit weighs down on me to hard and i bottle it up but ive never been able to channel it constructively in sports, music, ect.
>>
>>36467710
I'm still taking my meds, but I'm feeling much better. Never thought of killing myself in a long time, although some things I see still make me really fucking sad.
>>
>>36467710
>Anyone else got out of a crippling depression?
Not me
>>
>>36471400
Wtf

You're an idiot, i'm finally doing better and out of that living hell,so i could finally progress.

So according to you, anyone who is in a ccrippling depression is simply a pussy/manchild? Anyone who is mentally broken is simply a pussy/manchild who isn't trying?you're haven't been through anything major yet so you act as if you knew everything

It can take time to heal. You can't break you leg and start running again,it will just make everything worse,you need to heal first before you attempt running again
>>
>>36471483

Speak for yourself ,don't you have better things to do other than trying to spread your misery?
>>
>>36471400
>Oh, look at me, I have the mental capability to go through the few troubles I have seen in my life unscathed
>Anyone that doesn't have that capability is a pussy manchild

Good for you, fag
>>
>>36474491
ok, what traumatic event happened to you?
>>
>>36467710
>>36467710
Yeah I stopped living in the past and take a high dose of antidepressants. Feels good
>>
in a way

I think of it like getting over someone you loved or getting over someone you lost. You dont fully overcome it...you just learn how to cope with reality.

Use to be super depressed but after getting two jobs and not having much alone time, I found its helped tremendously . Could be the people im seeing, or could be the fact that being alone can be the worst for some of us.

but yeah keep busy, thats my suggestion.
>>
>>36471400
Anyone who believes in free will is a hopeless manchild who's never made any introspection or chose to think seriously about life

That said, depression and anxiety can be asily overcome once you achieve ego death
>>
>>36467977
Literally none of what you said means anything or helps anyone, congratulations you useless fuck
>>
>>36475941

Do i have to share my past just so you get to act all.smug? You're a terrible person.

I also used to think nothing was beyond my control till major stuff happened and left me broken for a while
>>
JESUS CHRIST SO MANY NORMAL FAGGOTS, GET OUTTTTTT
>>36476049
>>36474535
>>36471400
>>
>>36476009
Yeah being alone isnt good. Especially if you only interact with weirdos on the internet,you'll become a weirdo too
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.