[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you tell if you're a sociopath.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0091.jpg (195KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0091.jpg
195KB, 819x1024px
how do you tell if you're a sociopath.
>>
>>36465109
You get diagnosed by a psychologist for displaying symptoms throughout your life. Or you go about seemingly un-caught in that aspect.
>>
>>36465109
sociopaths don't exist

if you were really a sociopath you'd stab yourself RIGHT NOW
>>
>>36465210
Not OP but you're a retard. That's suicidal.
>>
>>36465109
Look at gore and videos of humans/animals being abused/tortured/murdered.

If you don't feel anything you're a sociopath.
>>
>>36465109
You aren't one. Congratulations.

Stop romanticizing mental illness you loser.
>>
>>36465223
>stabbing yourself means you're suicidal
t. 12yo
>>
>a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

When they say anti social do they mean not caring or being destructive around other?

> lack of conscience

What do they even mean by that?
>>
>>36465466
>posting something with an ifunny logo

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

end it
>>
>>36465466
They mean doing things that are actively detrimental to other people and not feeling remorse in general.
>>
>>>/adv/ might have the answer to your question
>>
you're an emotionally immature manchild, not a sociopath, you dumb shit
>>
File: IMG_4050.jpg (733KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4050.jpg
733KB, 1920x1080px
>>36465109
Why do you want to be a sociopath, Normie Mcnorminson? Just vicariously imagine you're the bad-boys in the movies you watch, dress like them, get facial reconstruction, and basically do none of the shit they do because you're a sperg and you're going to embarrass yourself. If you have a Dissociative disorder like I do you can't help subconciously trying to emulate the protagonists and characters in movies and games.
>>
File: IMG_4022.png (13KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4022.png
13KB, 657x527px
>>36465466
Being destructive and trust me when they mean destructive they mean meaningless crap like shooting a gas-station clerk over $50 bucks. Not getting into scraps with bullies and sticking up for yourself or occasionally getting pissed off.
>>
>>36465109
Why would you want to be one? What makes you ask or so curious? Why do you think you might be one? What >>36465347 said, stop romanticising mental illness, you loser. Don't attach to a label like sociopathy as some sort of a coping mechanism. It's very unlikely you are one, and if you were, it'd be a problem and prevent you from ever living a normal life.

The difference between psychopathy and sociopathy is mostly born or made, so for one, you'd have to have gone through a lot of abuse to be a sociopath, and no, that doesn't mean being bullied at school or picked on and just generally being a loser. You would probably have a fairly violent history, some history of animal abuse, harming other people intentionally, etc.
>>36465154
psychologists don't generally diagnose sociopathy or psychopathy, those are terms used mostly only in research and not clinically because of association with criminal offenders. The exception is with Hare's psychopathy checklist, which is basically only used on criminal offenders against them. Antisocial personality disorder is the closest thing to sociopathy or psychopathy that is diagnosed, but it's based almost purely on behaviour.
>>36465258
This is inaccurate because there's all sorts of disorders and psychological problems that can give you issues with empathy. Including depression, PTSD (which often has extreme desensitisation and reduced affect), disassociative disorders, etc. It's not that simple.
>>36465466
They mean being destructive.
>>
>>36465109
I have been diagnosed with ASPD but think my actual problem is some sort of dissociative disorder. What do?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.