[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Esoteric thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: med.jpg (70KB, 1109x1100px) Image search: [Google]
med.jpg
70KB, 1109x1100px
Have you made any progress on the Great Work, /r9k/?

Come here to share stories, advice, theories, etc. on all things related to the arcane.

I'll start with some very basic and practical advice - prostrations to your guardian deity help improve focus, willpower, compassion and courage.
>>
You have no idea how badly I want Qabbalistic/Golden Dawn shite to be real. Alas I think its just another man made distraction another falsehood meant to install artificial meaning and purpose where there probably is none
But of all the spiritual systems I've researched its the most appealing bar none.

Cringe bla bla
>>
baka these women on tinder don't be fuckin with the vision I swipe left to be honest
>>
>>36460419
If you're sceptical but still interested, I'd recommend reading Carl Jung. Most of his works explore esoteric ideas but from the point of view of Western psychology, so its a great way to read about it in terms most of us can understand.
>>
File: OBbsign_Tower.jpg (45KB, 512x396px) Image search: [Google]
OBbsign_Tower.jpg
45KB, 512x396px
Another bit of advice to get the ball rolling - burning incense provides a protective environment to deal with challenging thoughts in times of stress
>>
Bumping one more time for luck
>>
>>36460364
Can you define the "great work"? Also I myself have been extensively researching religion, and pretty much understand religion itself a whole (with of course many thanks to people who also research that which interests me), I won't say how much I know but will let others see/decide for themselves, so anybody got anyways questions?
>>
>>36461973
any* sorry lmao
>>
Not sure if it counts as esoteric but Vipassana meditation is the greatest gift in my life.

What you do is you observe everything that comes to your attention and name it. For instance if you feel a pain in your body you go with your attention to the pain and name it ''pain... pain... pain''. After some time your attention would naturally switch to some other object like thinking, you are aware of this change, and then name it 'thinking... thinking.. thinking''

The philosophy is by being the observer and naming it you remove identification with whatever object you encounter. You will start to see your thinking, your emotions, your body as not self.

The exercise gives you insight in the three marks of existence. Namely that all conditioned things are impermanent, that all conditioned things are unsatisfactory and that all conditioned or unconditioned things are not self.

In Buddhism there are three roots of suffering. Attachment, aversion and ignorance. Vipassana means insight and the insights gained by vipassana meditation liberate you from suffering.
>>
File: 1452763363753.png (2MB, 1024x1384px) Image search: [Google]
1452763363753.png
2MB, 1024x1384px
>>36460364

I want to be a necromancer

How come real magic sucks so much
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.