[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons who are in university

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1461536969149.png (133KB, 657x876px) Image search: [Google]
1461536969149.png
133KB, 657x876px
Do you feel like you made the right choice in majors?

What do you hate/love the most about it?
>>
>>36459769
I am just now going to college, I never understood highschool math so I have to take remedial. I am pretty nervous, been looking into accounting, computer science.
>>
Computer science.

Love the people, I've got nothing but good things to say about the people I've met. It's a decent enough program with a ton of very smart people who all want to do great things. I'm very happy about that.

Hate the administration. I've literally never had a good interaction with the people who run my school. I'm not sure if this is the case everywhere or not but it's infuriating. Many classes are shit as well. This is really specific advice but if any of you end up going to university of Michigan and take computer science, do not take the databases class. It's shit and its run by jackasses.

Overall I think it was okay. There's no real point griping over what could have been. My life is already about 1/4 over so I need to make the most of what I have left.
>>
>>36459781
I've been considering taking computer science in uni but I'm intimidated by the amount of math required. Good luck anon!
>>
I studied some bullshit called communications because I didn't know what to study back then, it was pretty meh but I've never felt more alone than the time I was there. I wandered around campus in between classes because I had no friends.

Now I'm studied English literature and I love it. I should have started this thing earlier, but it's okay because I enjoy it thoroughly.
>>
>>36459829
>>36459829
Thanks, I am sure once I get the stuff down it'll be easier.
>>
>>36459828
What advice would you give to someone who is considering taking comp sci at university?
>>
>>36459834
That's great anon! Good luck on your studies!
>>
>>36459859
Take classes you find interesting. It doesn't matter what they are. Take women's studies if you want, the important thing is to enrich yourself.

Don't sweat gradepoint unless you want to get into grad school. Try to keep it above a 3 but like honestly I'm at like a 2.8 and even with a shit gpa like that I won't have too much trouble finding a job. That said, you will want to learn how to study if you were like me and coasted through high school.

Clubs and design teams are kind of overrated but if you find that shit interesting do it. The important thing is to do what you find interesting, again the point of college is to enrich yourself just as much as it is to get a piece of paper that says you know shit.

Make friends. Make as many friends as you can. Make connections with people, find people with common interests. A large part of college is learning how to be an adult, in a lot of different ways. You learn to be self sufficient, care for yourself, clean after yourself. You learn to manage time at least to some degree. You learn how to maintain friendships. This one is hard - most people don't actually put effort into maintaining friendships in high school. They just have default friends. In college and the "real world" you need to keep up with friends or those connections can and will wither away.

Good luck anon, I believe in you.
>>
File: 0gc5HJ9.jpg (74KB, 750x730px) Image search: [Google]
0gc5HJ9.jpg
74KB, 750x730px
>>36459942
Thank you anon! You take care of yourself too.
>>
>>36460129
that is one nice fucking pepe right there.

Life is hard, but living it is its own reward, I think.
>>
Pick anything in STEM and you'll be fine
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.