[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did your parents actually even raise you in a real, proactive

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1491895298994.jpg (50KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
1491895298994.jpg
50KB, 658x658px
Did your parents actually even raise you in a real, proactive way? Looking back at my childhood it seems my parents didn't actually "raise" me at all besides vague advice about doing well in school in and teaching me the our Father.
>>
nope, just let my sit on my pc all day and shit post and wank since i was 8
>>
I don't know.
I know my Mom taught me reading and math before kindergarten, but then she finished medical school and I only ever saw her for the hour between when she got home and bed-time. My Dad was more concerned with making money, so I was mostly on my own past 10 when they decided to just give me a key to the door rather than let me do day care after school.

I am doing alright now, but there are definitely some deficiencies in how I interact with people, especially one on one.
>>
File: IMG_0974.jpg (62KB, 1126x836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0974.jpg
62KB, 1126x836px
My dad was/still is always at work so really had no real interaction/relationship
Im suprised that he was able to take me to boy scout meetings all those years ago
And of course, my mom loved me unconditionally, so naturally i had a good relationship with her
But after years of sitting in my room with the door closed and barley seeing either of them, it's easy to think they didnt raise me right, when the problem is: i dont acknowledge them anymore
>>
Dad worked all the time because he's a robot and didn't want to be around my mom.

Mom was paranoid and didn't really let me do much.

I know they both loved me, and I don't hate either of them, but they didn't really teach me a whole lot. They eventually divorced after I finished High School.
>>
>parents raise me the best they can
>even had a stay at home dad
>still a robot
I feel so guilty being a letdown to them. They wasted a quarter of their whole life to watch me crash and burn.
>>
>>36458817

I was pretty much didn't care what I did unless I did something wrong, otherwise they just let me be degenerate scum as long as I wasn't ruining my posture or my grades weren't too low
>>
>>36458817

my dad thought he could buy my love

my mom just used me to get money out of my dad
>>
they raised me alright in everything but being social. Taught me that everyone was out to get me and the world was a scary place. It stuck and they're really surprised about it for some reason.
>>
My parents had good intentions, but never really offered me practical real world advice. It was mostly "do good in school" or "stay inside playing video games/surfing the internet so child predators don't abduct you outside." I never really developed the social or alpha skills to be a fully functioning member of society.

No wonder I'm stuck in a $35k shitty cubicle job with no gf now.
>>
File: l04he.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
l04he.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
No. They never showed any interest in my life whatsoever. My mom would belittle me for liking intellectual things and being somewhat pedantic, and my dad was (is) an autistic wageslave robot that had little to no interaction with me, besides calling me a faggot whenever I cried.
>mfw they are getting divorced because of daddy's cheating and my dad sent me an audio sobbing and telling me that he loves me even though he has a hard time showing it. I literally laughed at his crying.
>>
>>36458817
My mother taught me how to read, write and do basic math, then she died. My depressed father showed zero interest in me since then, I was 8.
I did all the house chores, cooking, shopping because he would never do it. He came back from work, ate whatever I prepared, drinker and fell asleep. I was a very good student up to highschool, then I did whatever the fuck I wanted. Alcohol, skipping school, cigarettes, work to support myself. I finished it, finished computer science engineering degree and this piece of shit did not even know I was doing engineering. I hate him. Internet and books raised me.
>>
Somewhat.
Me and my brother had a pretty free childhood. I do not think we've ever got punished - detentions and schoolyard fights were ignored, we were never grounded mostly, guess they thought kids will learn anyway.
Besides my father is quite conservative, headstrong and enforcing and always told us to trust ourselves, have your own opinions, defend yourself because nobody else will do it and if you can take/use something out of this society, welfare, services etc. take it because you'll be paying more in your life than you'll get out of it.
When my little brother was bullied in elementary school and was near breaking, my father had a speak with him. I was eavesdropping and remember him saying that my brother should stop being such a pushover and he needs to show his bully and show him good, teach him a lesson.
Well, what do you know, schoolyard fight happened with my brother and his bully, bully got his arm broken, brother got detention, dad did not mind but was proud and bully and his gang stopped right after.

Both of our parents did teach us few things really hard and that is work moral/ethics and basic financial things: no shame in doing shitty jobs for a while, employment is always preferable, live with us and save for an apartment (doing it right now), frivolous shit does not matter, do your task(s) well with thought put into it etc.
I am but factory pleb but I'm happy being employed, getting decent enough wage, own apartment in year or so and built good enough reputation in my job that I'm not in immediate risk of getting the boot even though I've been there just bit over a year and I'm social autist.
>>
>>36458817
ayyy I made that pepe, I feel really honored that someone uses it
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 750x567px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 750x567px
My parents were shit overall. I'm distant from both, they bought me stuff to placate me.
Closest was my mother "helping" me with schoolwork. I resented her for that though, as we spent so much time doing that crap when I could do it faster on my own. And I just wanted to be more independent. She worked all the time, so thats the only time I saw her, and my father is shit.
Now I'm 20, and essentially trapped at home. I feel like a 12 year old, incapable of interacting correctly with the outside world. I'd love to escape and live on my own, but I'd be incapable without help. I've been alone my whole life, so no help any time soon.
I am at college, which is nice, but thats only temporary. Summer is coming, I get so depressed when I have to go back there.
>>
When I was young my parents taught me a lot of things and did various activities, especially my mom because my dad was often away at work. Towards the end of elementary school/beginning of middle school they had a lot less time for me. Once I hit high school age my dad got sick and we had a lot of financial problems so I was basically 100% on my own, didn't even talk to them much except they would yell at me when they discovered I was failing my classes.
>>
My Parents were more of an example how to NOT do it. They'd tell me the standard shit "do your homework" "be polite" "don't do drugs" etc. while at the same time arguing shitfaced drunk about how the other one is a lazy piece of shit.
They eventually got divorced after they realised that their attempt at maintaining a "happy family" in contrast to their real behaviour would fuck me up more that if they just ended it for good.
My mom is a stupid bitch who cannot function in society while my dad is now the most upstanding alcoholic i've ever seen.
I won't go to their funerals
>>
My parents did great. They spent a lot of time teaching me practical knowledge that I have used often in my life, in theory as well as practice. They also did a lot of things to set me up to be a confident adult. Vacuum is clogged? Lawnmower wont start? What are you going to do about it? They would ask things like that when chores wouldn't go right--not to be assholes or make me feel like shit but to show me I could indeed fix things or solve problems if I worked at it long enough. They always encouraged curiosity even if it was destructive (what's going on inside this vcr--oh shit I broke the vcr) and never ever gave me bullshit answers to questions like "where does the rain come from?" ("God is crying" bullshit would NEVER fly, besides, the real answer is so much more awesome) They taught me to have awe and respect for natural beauty and if they ever didn't know the answer to a question we would go to the library and figure it out together. They just happened to the each other and used me and my sister as pawns in a war that lasted three decades.
>>
>>36460124
They just happened to hate each other, is what I meant to say
>>
They just wanted me to be happy. They didn't really care if I wasn't the smartest or most successful, as long as I was happy, they were happy. Unfortunately, it failed for them since I'm suicidal and depressed.

I remember the first time I tried suicide my mom just cried and cried, asking me what more she could do to make me happy. It only made me feel worse, but I couldn't tell her that there is no point in living if her and my father are the only people who like me. I stay alive for them, and fake happiness to make them happy. Maybe if they pushed me out of my comfort zone and tried to make me into a decent human being things would have been better.
>>
File: 1491570691853.jpg (31KB, 590x578px) Image search: [Google]
1491570691853.jpg
31KB, 590x578px
>>36458817
nah. I just did whatever homework I got and played vidya and watched cartoon network from dawn until the night came. I f I did anything "bad" I'd usually get my ass beat so I learned early to be quiet and let the normies have at it.
>>
>>36458842
This except I had commitment issues if I didnt want to do the thing they signed be up for
>lmao sports
They did for the first several years then just arbitrarily gave up like my real parents died and were replaced with robots (like real robots).
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.