[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else /nailbiter/ here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: 111.png (815KB, 1191x623px) Image search: [Google]
111.png
815KB, 1191x623px
Pic related is not my fingers, but they look a lot like them
>>
GOD DAMMIT I WANT TO STOP CHEWING MY DAMMED NAILS BUT I CANT SOMEBODY HELP ME, TELL ME HOW TO GET RID OF THIS SHIT
>>
>>36456212
I'm bad about biting the skin around my cuticles.

My fingertips look like a fucking disaster.
>>
>>36456212
Checking in. It's such an ingrained and automatic habit that i know i will never be able to stop. I constantly have infections on my fingers from biting too deep/making hangnails, and my teeth also feel like they are getting damaged. I don't really care though, it is still enjoyable
>>
I chewed off my fingernails when I was a kid but I kicked the habit. Now I bite off the skin around my nails.
>>
>>36456562
I just started chewing gum instead. It helped quite a bit. Went through a lot of gum, though.
>>
>>36456623
>>36457165
I think chewing the skin is even worse than chewing the nails. Hurts worse and leads to bleeding. I'm thinking of getting into smoking to see if it can overpower this habit, but I'd have to find a smoking apartment to do that.
>>
not a real nail biter but I do trim them that way, as god intended.
>>
I don't chew, I put the end of a nail between my teeth and pull it through peeling the top off
I wish I could stop
>>
>>36457118
I managed to royally mess up my gums from my fingers slipping while biting my nails. Had to get surgery for it. They cut off a bit of skin from the roof of my mouth and grated it to the gumline. It wasn't a pleasant experience.
>>
Yeah I've been doing it since 3rd grade, I cannot stop. It's so satisfying for some reason. When I bite for a long period of time I get a headache and my jaw starts to hurt. I don't even know if I want to stop
>>
>>36456562
just
stop
chewing
your
nails
s t o p
>>
>>36456562
seriously, you've obviously never had to go through kicking a REAL habit. you're not going to get sick and depressed from not chewing your god damn nails, just stop
>>
>>36457287
how does that happen? do you have really tiny teeth? serious curious. i never had any problem like that when i used to do it and i've never heard of it either
>>
>>36456623
THIS

God I hate it so fucking much.
It never heals properly either, the skin always ends up dry and flaky, which makes it even easier to accidentally pick at or get caught on things.
My thumbs are the worst, I've basically picked at the skin all the way back to the knuckle, and it's always red and swollen.
>>
>>36456212
Why would you do that, is uncomfortable
>>
I've had this terrible habit since I was a kid. I bite my fingernails, then after I bite them all off I bite my toenails. I also bite the skin around them too. My parents tried to stop it when I was little by putting that bitter polish on my nails, but I still bit them regardless. It's just a subconscious thing, I often bite them without realizing. I've been doing it my whole life, I could never stop it.

Yes, they've gotten infected and I've had to squeeze puss from them, still never stopped me.

>>36457387

It's a compulsive habit, it's not as easy as "just stop".
>>
Try chewing gum. Every time you reach to bite your nails, take out another stick of gum and chew it. Kicked the habit in a few days doing this, was biting for years
>>
>>36457444
I dunno, I guess they're regular size. I have been told that I have a small mouth, though.
>>
>>36456212
my nails look the same, but I don't bite them. I, like, cut them with my nails... really don't know how to explain it.
>>
>>36457387
Habits with things are much easier to quit because you can isolate yourself from the object. You can't remove your fingers, they are always there and begging to be picked at.
>>
>>36457563
bullshit, just stopping is the only thing you can do. you're not going to get fucking dopesick, okay? just stop.
>>
i guess my perspective is skewed because i've actually gotten hooked on and gotten off real drugs, so something like nail biting seems utterly pathetic to me
i did it for years and one day just decided not to anymore
you just have to realize how utterly disgusting it is and put that ahead of your craving
again, you're not going to get dopesick. you're not going to experience any real pain from stopping, just some mental agitation for awhile
>>
>>36457722
I've been on a few drugs too, I don't know if I'd say I was addicted, but there was definitely some level of dependency.

The part that makes nail/skin biting particularly difficult to stop is that you don't notice you're even doing it half of the time.

When I was trying to stop taking drugs, I'd be able to think
>I really want some speed. I'm not going to have any though, because I want to stop taking this shit. I'm not going to buy any. If I have any, I'm not going to use it.

When I try to stop biting and picking the skin off my fingers, it's more like
>Oh fuck, I'm picking at my skin again. I must have been doing it for a while because I'm bleeding."
>>
File: SmugMatei.jpg (64KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
SmugMatei.jpg
64KB, 600x800px
>>36457663

I don't think you're understanding, it's not about just stopping. People with nail biting habits do it subconsciously out of habit. It's compulsive.

It's like telling people on here to stop jerking off, almost all of them fail "no fap" sooner or later.
>>
>>36458055
okay, let's say for whatever reason you can never chew your nails again right now. what do you think is gonna happen to you? feeling uncomfortable and agitated for a few days?
>>
this is the kind of thing that basically only exists in your head. that doesn't mean it can't suck, but it also means you can't actually get hurt.
except, you know, by chewing up your fingers.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-22-17-25-26.png (666KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-22-17-25-26.png
666KB, 540x960px
>>36456212
I can't stand having long nails.
>>
File: 1492492615388.jpg (80KB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
1492492615388.jpg
80KB, 800x769px
>>36456212
i actually pick my nails, they look a tad bit better then a /nailbiters/ fingers, as you can see the white part. who else here /picksnails/?
>>
File: Snapchat-499039176.jpg (387KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-499039176.jpg
387KB, 1080x1920px
this is hard to explain but i have a level 9 autism habit that ive had since i was a child
when i have hangnails or rough skin, i rub it on blankets that sort of "grab" it
its soothing and it feels nice
please tell me im not alone
>>
>>36459419
Makes sense, you're not alone
>>
>>36459419
your not the only one my nigga, when i pick at my nails i occasionally hook them on the blanket.
>>
>nails are 10-15 millimeters below finger tip now
>nails are very thin and cut like fucking razorblades if I don't continue to bite, wake up with bleeding thighs/ass where I scratch at night
>cut toe nails and constantly chew them
>>
>>36459460
>>36459463
i do it to the point my skin rips and bleeds
i cant help it and i dont know how to tell my psych doctor without being locked up
>>
>>36459563
its not that autistic anon, its just a bit strange/abnormal, if you want to go that far, so dont worry about it. just try not to do it to the point of bleeding.
>>
>>36457224
I do this and I smoke, and now I can't stop doing either, so I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>36459419
Satin.
Dragged on satin
>>
File: 81b6ETL68rL._SX522_.jpg (62KB, 522x643px) Image search: [Google]
81b6ETL68rL._SX522_.jpg
62KB, 522x643px
Bought this on Amazon and it's helped a lot.

It has an incredibly foul taste so when one of my fingers ends up in my mouth while I'm mindlessly browsing the net I immediately pull it away and have to wash my mouth out to get rid of the taste. You gotta be diligent with it though. I find it's best to apply it every other day or so, cuz when it starts to wear off I'll still chomp through before I can stop myself and undo weeks of progress.
>>
>>36459419
you're just more sensitive than usual
>>
File: reece.jpg (29KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
reece.jpg
29KB, 600x494px
>>36457224
>I'm thinking of getting into smoking to see if it can overpower this habit
>>
more of a lip picker myself
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.