[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lost Interest in the world

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: murderofcrows.jpg (95KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
murderofcrows.jpg
95KB, 640x480px
Anyone else here feel this way? I don't mean lost interest because of poor luck or success, but just unable to care about anything. There were periods in my life where I found happiness through niche interests like obscure music and visual novels, but that was years ago, and now those things seem bland like everything else. I can't even remember what it's like to be genuinely interested in a topic. The problem's most likely biological, but it's affected me for a few years now during some of the most important developmental years, and I'll be really surprised if it doesn't leave a lasting mark.

What about you guys? Can you still care?
>>
If you are an average r9k / 4chan oldfag chances are your diet / sleep schedule / hormones /pleasure center of the brain are entirely fucked up and it has this effect on you. Sit down and meditate and direct your attention to breathing and go outside more, also eat regularly and well, and get plenty of sleep, and things will suddenly lend themselves to be enoyed more. You won't necessarily be instantly happier, but it will become easier to try to be. Much easier.
>>
>>36455899
I have the same problem, it's kind of comforting sometimes to think about how nothing matters, but it's also very boring and unpleasant to want to do something while being incapable of taking interest in something.
>>
>>36455942
Possibly. I do meditate now, and it's actually really helpful for remaining calm when I address my problems. Dieting too is really helpful for not feeling like a gross sack of shit throughout the day. Because of that, I don't feel my apathy has improved, but it's true that the small amount of pleasure left in life is more easily attainable.

That is some good advice, anon. I'm glad you said "lend themselves to be enjoyed more" rather than "become enjoyable again". Big difference to anyone who's ever had this problem.

>>36455975
That's true. There's no good solution for those states, because doing something productive really leaves no impact on your mood.
>>
Bump. There must be more here with this issue.
>>
Glad to see a thread like this
I couldnt give less of a shit about relationship drama

To cut it short, I genuinely think I'm "losing it" and it's been progressively worse over the past few years. Every passing interest I ever had has dropped off the face of the Earth and now I cant get up to make myself do anything except for going to work and laying in bed. Even browsing this shit hole has become a chore

I suppose I am in a different situation than you because I havent lost interest in the world; it just confuses me and the more I read into it or think about it the more confused I get and as a result I just shut down and choose to do nothing. I'm still trying to figure out a lot of things and understand myself, so this is all over the place as am I
>>
>>36456925
>I havent lost interest in the world; it just confuses me
This probably applies to all of us. Think of all the unanswered questions you have in life - in the end, we really can't know anything underlying life, just the basics of human biology. Our only objective is pleasure, but even that gets tiring after a while when you realize how hollow it can be.

But what are you confused about?
>>
File: 1478662786997.jpg (47KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1478662786997.jpg
47KB, 480x515px
>>36455942
at least for me, this advice is bullshit. Ive stuck to eating healthy, sleeping at least 7 hours a night, exercising for years but it doesn't change the way i fundamentally think about things.

OP we live in a "hyper reality" at least compared to people who lived before the internet or mass media. there is so many options and opinions being flung around in every direction the only sensible response is to just deem it all bullshit.

sorry to be a pessimist but i honestly think you are right, once you see the world as nihilistic and completely pointless i dont think u can really go back, you will always have a creeping feeling that youre just deluding yourself
>>
>>36457059
I think you're right and wrong about some things. Any intelligent person should be able to realize how vapid our popular culture and lifestlye is. Consumerism/hedonism can't lead to a satisfying lifestyle. We're at a point where we can be pretty sure of what our lives will entail (wife, kids), and life's just like a guided tour that we'll ride out because few of us truly care enough to look beyond it.

But there's another side to it, a more biological one. It is losing the ability to care about human interests, and other people. Being uninterested in success or failure, and feeling that living abroad or studying something else won't change it. It's internalizing the idea that life is bland, and losing the ability to relate with others.

In the end, there's no right or wrong. Humans are still animals, and we're governed by biology. Maybe life really is fascinating, but our minds have lost the ability to see it that way. That's why I meditate. It helps me get closer to that state, which I know is out there.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.