[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else overcame a crippling depression

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1492127098839.jpg (257KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
1492127098839.jpg
257KB, 750x738px
A year ago i failed a suicide attempt,spent all my days in a dark room browsing this cancerous site (i don't qnymore,i'm just here yo post this) ,barely ate,only left the the room to piss,constantly getting abused by family with made me sink even lower,went from 4.0 gpa top of uni promo student (was about to start medschool) to someone failing all his classes and barely being able to study 1-2 hours A MONTH

Needless to say. IAfter my suicide attempt,it took a very long time to see improvements in my life, but 1 year later and i'm doing so much better, i still have much progress waiting for me but i'm hopeful for the future

Disowning my toxic family helped me a damn lot,i'd be in a grave right now if they were still around me. I'm working as a lab assistant under a PhD student for a paper on brain injuries , i'm thankful because working there truly helped me gain my passion back and boosted my recovery.

Anyone else got out of a crippling depression?
>>
Bimpbumpbimp
>>
>>36452755
You are so special and unique, anon!
>>
File: wrists.jpg (44KB, 395x578px) Image search: [Google]
wrists.jpg
44KB, 395x578px
>suicide attempt
>medical student
I mean if you know about the human body shouldn't you have been able to kill yourself because you know which veins to cut by memory?
>>
>>36453157
What? First off i'm not an anon. Second,i want people to share their stories
>>36453238
Failed becaude i was caught with a rope arounf my.neck
>>
I've never had it so bad that I stopped functioning.

Just a low grade sense of futility and emptiness, along with anxiety for no reason.
>>
>>36453579
Never let it get to that point man
>>
>>36452755
u never said what upsets u
and it sounds like u need support cause ur boasting about ur gpa
u can get a school counselor and ask her to support u
>>
>>36453799
What?
I only mentionned my gpa because i went from a top student to someone faling everything

What do you mean "what upsets me"?

I'm here to hear similiar recovery stories lol
>>
idk i still have most of my symptoms but..some are gone/a SHIT TON better. i still just have barely enough interest/energy to get things done though.

i did like 10 weeks of therapy bc i wanted to kill myself/fucking die/be done with this shit but i mostly just feel...

i feel like they gave me tools to deal with things being shit, but even though the pain has gotten better...its still there. my + the world's problems and flaws that got me here still has me down.

i still have a lot of changes to make because i know if i just go back to living like i was i'll just get worse than ever.

also im on 2 antidepressants.

so i feel like i'm a couple rungs up the ladder on my way out of this fucking hole.

scared about facing what i did to my GPA though. i hope i can still study abroad.
>>
File: 1473903136827.jpg (29KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
1473903136827.jpg
29KB, 665x662px
>>36454171
>still has me
goddammit
still HAVE me down
>>
>>36454171
Same i cant go back to the living hell i was going through. Tbh ,if you're bot doing mostly fine yet ,you should probably stop coming on 4chan. I certainly did help me,it's like a cancerous misery and hate filled echochamber. Like maybe an hour a week is chill (still too much lol),when you're depressed,it'll only sloe your progress (last year i spent entire days here,wasnt wrll mentally at all)

But stay strong man,you're gonna makr it
>>
File: WrongPepe.png (10KB, 576x347px) Image search: [Google]
WrongPepe.png
10KB, 576x347px
I got a severe migraine and went temporality blind in one eye. I slept for like 20 hours straight and when I woke up it was like I was a new person. I didn't want to kill myself and life seemed worth living. I probably have brain cancer or something, but at least I'm happy now.
>>
>>36454392
You never got that checkud up? Why?
>>
File: 1479545223646.png (216KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
1479545223646.png
216KB, 405x405px
>>36454374
o yeah i only come randomly. for /wg/ /hr/ or /ic/

thanks.
>>
>>36454580
Np man! Good recovery
>>
>>36454204
Pdont you have better things to focus on?
>>
The 6 second old bump
>>
Last bumpey before going to bed
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.