[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that feel when too stupid to play chess

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: pissfrog.png (187KB, 1027x574px) Image search: [Google]
pissfrog.png
187KB, 1027x574px
>that feel when too stupid to play chess
>>
File: 1492752299960.jpg (33KB, 434x630px) Image search: [Google]
1492752299960.jpg
33KB, 434x630px
>too intelligent to be white
>>
>>36446049
learn your endgames (queen and king vs king, etc.)
learn en passant and when you can't castle
memorize how many moves it would take for a knight to get to a certain square
pick an obscure opening and study the heck out of it
learn good habits like not moving pawns too much, developing your knights early, moving your rook pawn up after castling if you really can't see anything better, castling early, stacking rooks, etc.
and play more bullet/blitz chess. contrary to popular belief, fast games can help your chess, by teaching you to avoid obvious blunders on instinct and to see what are the feasible moves quickly.
>>
>>36446193
Do chess puzzles work? I finished bobby Fischer teaches chess but i can never win a single random match online.
>>
Why bother. Chess is boring.
>>
Games are for girls and children. Read some theology and philosophy if you want to be a real man.
>>
Have a computer play for you and become an instant grandmaster.
>>
>>36446389
This post brought to you by a brainlet
>>
File: 1474939377556.jpg (33KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
1474939377556.jpg
33KB, 500x266px
>>36446463
>don't play games they're for children
>read theology instead

Hahaha, this post is a joke, right?
>>
>>36446559
Or rather I'm not insecure enough to feel the need to demonstrate my intelligence by playing board games I don't like.
>>
>>36446651
My guess is that there is a level of intelligence you are not operating on.
>>
File: 1473981722312.gif (1011KB, 240x146px) Image search: [Google]
1473981722312.gif
1011KB, 240x146px
>>36446652
>not insecure enough to play board games to prove intelligence
>just insecure enough to post on 4chan to prove ingelligence
>>
>>36446743
>implying anyone thinks 4chan is a place for intelligent discussion
>>
>>36446885
I'm impressed you can even use a computer brainlet
>>
>>36446701
There are definitely areas of knowledge that are on a higher level of smarts than I possess, but theology isn't one of them. It's just pseudoscience and guesswork from people who think they can find answers to unanswerable questions. I'm sorry, anon.
>>
I feel like the intimidating part of chess is the idea that jumping into the game you have to think 30 trillion moves ahead and have god tier tactics mastered under your belt. There's simple shit that you can learn that doesn't ultimately require any aneurysm inducing mindfuck, like knowing pawn e4 is a good move. Just eat the low hanging fruit of chess knowledge and the rest will come naturally.
>>
Chess is not really about smarts. It's mostly experience.

I know guys who are stupider than me but play chess at a higher level and similarly I beat guys who are smarter than me all the time.

You might be a genius but if you only ever played chess a few times, you're not even going to win against a very average chess player.
>>
>>36447348

okay hol up

how is deliberating about hypothetical god beings any different from what fucking /tg/ or /a/ does? There's nothing inherently wrong or cancerous about theology, and if there is, than basically any deliberation about anything fictional is cancerous.

A problem emerges if you live your life based around a fictional story.
>>
>tfw your esport is now irrelevant
>>
chess rewards the aggressive.
you only have to have a slight amount of insight to no stupidly leave your queen/king wide open.
any other piece is negligible as long you continue to dominate the board.
>>
>>36446049
why play a solved game? Chess is unimpressive as fuck when you find out that not even Carlsen can beat computers.
>>
>>36446463
Theology and Philosophy is just sitting around thinking, same as chess. In all cases, nothing truly productive is done.
>>
>>36447554
Did you know some people who "play" games that involve absolutely zero player input?
>>
>>36447554
Pretty sure chess isn't solved. The most we have are endgame board states with given certain pieces.
>>
>>36446255
Yes. The book sharpen your tactics improved my rating more than anything and its just 1200 soviet chess puzzles.

You need more than just tactics but it's definitely the best bang for your buck. Try to play slow games (I like 45/45 on chess.com)
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.