[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do for a living? How did you get into it? How much

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 17

File: 1396759065581.jpg (63KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1396759065581.jpg
63KB, 960x720px
What do you do for a living? How did you get into it?

How much do you get paid?

Do you enjoy it? Can you see yourself doing it for life?

I'm a worthless NEET desperate for ideas and help.
>>
In uni desu.

Where do you get your money from?
>>
Never had money for years due to being a NEET, then my mommy recently gave me $400 for food since she went on vacation for like 3 months. For expenses, I just keep them low by pirating everything, making my own booze, and dumpster diving. I have since quit drinking though.
>>
>martial arts master
>started as hobby in uni then became my trade
>not much 7000 to 5000 usd a month but gives lots of freedom and fun while you work
>yes i am set for life with this going towards fitness bussines in the future
>>
File: 1492438454476.jpg (24KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1492438454476.jpg
24KB, 306x306px
I'm a postman in the UK

Made 27K GBP last year

I enjoy it when I get out of the office, so I don't speak to any normies. May stay there, it gets better with more seniority, e.g, you get a better delivery and first pick at holidays.
>>
File: 4L_1K4x5rQG.jpg (60KB, 599x659px) Image search: [Google]
4L_1K4x5rQG.jpg
60KB, 599x659px
>>36440280
>60k-84k salary
>not much
>>
>>36440116
construction

a healthy wage

my dad

it's fun and allows me to escape

you need connections anon, hard work is what you need AFTER getting a foot in the door. ask around within your blood family for a job
>>
>>36440327
Is not as good as i have to stay in shape, fight in tournaments etc. Also;

>dad of a girl with former crazy bitch so alimony
> lil boy with other woman on it's way
> still autismo man
>>
File: 1426172721382.jpg (65KB, 902x563px) Image search: [Google]
1426172721382.jpg
65KB, 902x563px
>>36440396
I have no family that are into that or even in this country. I have been thinking about some trade like plumbing or HVAC. Or maybe nursing/IT. I don't know anymore...
>>
>>36440517
>>36440280
What martial art are you a master in? What are your credentials? You like MMA?
>>
>>36440116
Systems engineer. Worked as a helpdesk dude, then sysadmin, then did some network engineering.

$140k/yr

Not really. It's better than most jobs I guess. I will probably do it for life, yes.

Money is good, job isn't that hard. I worry about getting laid off randomly all the time
>>
>>36440116
>What do you do for a living? How did you get into it?
Programmer. My sister gave me a book on HTML when I was a kid and then I got addicted to programming my TI-83.
>How much do you get paid?
$95k/yr
>Do you enjoy it? Can you see yourself doing it for life?
Sure, but I can't type forever.
>>
>>36440295
that's a lot of good boy points

buy me some tendies?
>>
>>36440564
You go to college of university? What major you study?
>>
Neet living off neetbux in australia

Currently working on finding something to study so I can get more neetbux when my medical certificate runs out
>>
>>36440533
those are good jobs. I know a guy who's brother is in hvac and he says it's a nightmare but he's a fuck

I had my job nailed down before the required training so I can't speak from experience but I bet jobs where training is conventional, someone at the school will have connections for you. I mean youd have to go out of your way looking for them, they won't just ask you if you need connections. vocational schools will give you the chance to prove you're not a fuckup in the way your classmates (probable felons) are
>>
i manage geographic data and design algorithms to optimize energy grids

i get paid shit (450 euro per month) because im a foreign grad student. but that should change when i graduate, i am shooting for 50k euro/yr or higher

before that i was doing geographic data tech work for 25 $/hr. quit because it was in canada and the economy went to shit after the oil price collapse

advice: constantly study computer science technologies and always be working on some kind of project or goal
>>
>>36440517
>having children
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>36440633
Went to a decent state university and got a BS. I honestly can't say if the major helped or not. I didn't learn shit in school and it was a BS major. Certs definitely helped more than school did.

Majored in "Information Technology"
>>
>>36440561
I am II dan in ITF taekwondo, blue belt in brazilian jiujitsu and i currently have a record of 1-1-0 on mma, starting on it seriusly this year but only as amateur.
>>
>>36440517
what makes you think chads perspective is of help here
>>
>>36440564
>I worry about getting laid off randomly all the time
why don't you save up you dumb asshole; you can be set for life after only a few years
>>
Ideally, I'd like something outside the typical office environment (I already spend my days sitting infront of the PC as is...), left to my own devices and/or work in small teams, no huge responsibilities (aka no-one important relying on me), and I can get into it relatively easily aka dont have to go to uni. Decent pays would obviously be a plus.

At this point I'm seriously up for anything. Been a neet for a year after trying to figure out what I wanna do, but I just want a job/something to do. Think I've matured a bit and come to realise that at the end of the day a job is a job-- you're there to earn money. It doesn't have to be something you love. (I'd love to make/edit documentaries, for example, but that just isn't feasible)
>>
>>36440680
I'm feeling the same type of way but I'm in school myself. Literally not learning shit, but job industry wouldn't dare hire me without the near meaningless certificate.

Whatever, I already dropped out. Hope to make it my own way in this world, avoiding society's bullshit along the way.
>>
>>36440726
I do save. 5% of my pay each week goes into an IRA, probably around 20% into index funds monthly.

Still, it's something I'm nervous about. I know the company I work for doesn't give a shit about me, and the skills I have aren't actually that valuable, I feel like.
>>
>>36440744
I wish I'd majored in something I was interested in, like CS or engineering. My major was useless business classes that were all common sense. I spent most of college not talking to anyone, going back to my apartment and crying.

I don't know if the degree is even really worth anything. No one has ever been impressed by it, and no job has ever had it as a requirement. I would say if you're doing tech stuff, don't bother unless it's a major where you're actually going to learn something.
>>
>>36440564
wtf why is it so much? this is burger money, right?
>>
Software engineer intern right now. Making 14 an hour to develop software beyond my ability.

I enjoy it. I just wish the internship I work at currently offered more educational benefits.
>>
>>36440798
burger money, yes.

I dunno. I have 10+ years of experience in the field, have worked for some impressive sounding companies in a ton of different tech roles and am good at negotiating for salary.

Realistically you could pay someone 40k a year right out of school or with a few years of on the job experience to do what I do.
>>
>>36440710
Bcs i was a massive autist all my life, and still strugle with my autismo.Chad? Not even once.
>>
>>36440815
What's your major? I'm trying to get into that field and I'm getting my associate in science degree. I worry I won't get anywhere with just an AS.
>>
>>36440832
ah ok, that makes more sense. I imagine the average r9k user to be one of those fresh out of school/in school types, early 20s.
>>
>>36440790
This is literally me last semester. I rarely talk to anyone outside of small talk and just go home after class. I was taking mind numbing business and marketing courses. Really.

How old are you now? What you do for a living and is it related to business? So many questions for you, your like future me.
>>
>>36440676
I fuck my bitches bare
>>
>>36440116
I work in IT (L3 helpdesk) and earn $700/month. This might not sound like much (and it's not), but it's enough to live quite comfortably
> $130 for rent, utilities and internet
> $100 for food
> $100 for car
so I still have around 50% of my salary left over.

I don't enjoy it anymore, I've been doing it for 2 years and it has drained life from me. I do support for a well-known company that manufactures network attached storage and I see it all the time, one bug gets fixed but another 2 pop up and users always complain and I get all the blame. Also all the issues are repeating themselves.

I am seriously considering switching jobs, I do some web stuff on the side (PHP, MySQL) which earns me some extra money, so I guess switching to this full-time is an option too.
>>
>>36440766
that's like nothing man. if you were really nervous about it you gotta at least max it out to 15 it whatever, that's what everyone says you should do. I personally have my own on the side too
>>
>>36440851
Software engineering. This internship is something thats part of my school's graduation requirements. Though I'm looking for another one with better pay because I'm barely scraping by with 14 an hour.

If anything, you still have tons of potential with just an Associates. But if it doesnt have computer science, or programmer or software engineering on your resume, you're gonna need to start building a portfolio of code you've written.

You could always start off with scripting in Javascript and Python. If you have these small scripts that all have some purpose, they should be enough for a portfolio for an internship rather than a fulltime job.
>>
>What do you do for a living?
fell for the military meme, joined the army

>How did you get into it?
i really really didn't want to wagecuck or go back to school and my NEET status was drying up

starting off at 19k a year, but basically everything including travel, food, and lodging is paid for so it's not bad at all especially when i have zero responsibilities like kids or a female

>Do you enjoy it?
so far it's been pretty good, even for an aspie like me, seems like most of the people here are either failed chads or failed normies

>Can you see yourself doing it for life?
maybe, well see how my contract plays out, but you only need to put in 20 years to retire and
>>
>>36440895
I know what you mean, man. I don't get paid a whole lot atm, but it's more than liveable. I applied for a new job recently that pays a lot more, and I keep wondering if I'm gonna continue living like I am right now. Honestly, I hope so, I'm 'happy' (material things, wise), and the extra will go straight into savings, if according to plan.
>>
>>36440295
Why the long face Anon, that's a lot of great British pounds.
Must be good exercise too.
>>
>>36440883
I'm 31. I majored in "Information Technology", which I thought was going to be a technical degree, but it was really just a business degree mixed with some light programming courses. I'm a systems engineer, but my actual job now is much more business focused than any one I've had in the past. It's pretty fucking boring, and just telling people about it embarrasses me because of how boring it is.

I'm far less depressed than I was in college, still just as antisocial though.
>>
I do computer things.

I got into it because I did computer things in my spare time as a hobby and I found out I could make money doing it.

I get paid ~$40 an hour.

Yes, I enjoy it more than I would a job that you have just for money, but if someone came along and introduced universal basic income, I'd be out of the work force instantaneously.

And I'd do it for life.

All of my skills I learned on my own, from lessons on the Internet. I don't do coding, coding is for faggots. I work specifically in hardware.
>>
kindergarten teacher, bachelors in social education.

new hire at this kindergarten so only about $1500 a month, will be bumped up to $3500 soon when i go full time

yes i love it, i get payed to play tag and climb trees, have to clean shit and whatever else disgusting shit kids get up to but hey its worth it and i dont really mind. hell yea i could do it for life. when i start getting real old i guess i would eather move more into adiministration or write a book maybe? at this point i dont really see why i would want to change anything, good work hours, get payed more then i need, get to have fun all day, literally the only bad part of it is bitchy parents, surprise young overbearing single mothers are the worst, but its not too bad
>>
Im uni studying physics. I'm trying to move into software engineering despite not having done much programming so far in my degree, it's going OK so far
>>
>>36440932
>But if it doesnt have computer science, or programmer or software engineering on your resume, you're gonna need to start building a portfolio of code you've written.

Yeah, it's a computer information technology degree. A lot of the classes involve mathematics and programming.
>>
>>36440295
You looking forward to the summer, do you get to wear a uniform? This sounds pretty comfy if it was in a small-ish town or something. What time do you usually finish?
>>
>>36441048
You have my dream job. Would you be willing to give me some tips?

I love working with hardware and already know quite a bit but I feel like I'd need to learn other techniques. Coding is a mega meme that I am not fond of but working with capacitors and EDBs and things like that would be cool
>>
>>36440295
Wtf that's higher than the national average in a slave-tier job, how??
>>
File: 1491919841994.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491919841994.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
>>36440116
I had a sick job doing marketing stuff (going around setting up store promotions for retailers). I didn't need a degree to get into it, which I don't, and it was pretty fun because muh doing something different literally every day.

The company took in another company doing similar shit. Everything went to hell after that because they were so fucking unorganized. Half the new staff quit in the first 3 months. I went from 30-60 hours a week to 2 hours a week.

I'm $980 in credit card debt, which maxes out at $1,000 because I never bothered getting higher and now I can't and I have a $360 car payment due today and I only have $12.

Thinking about ending it to be honest, robotfam. I was normie for only a year before it all came crashing down because some fuckhead thought something was a good idea but didn't adequately plan ahead.
>>
Security guard. 12/hr.

It's good for reading and doing model kits but I'm starting to want more from life so I don't want to do it forever.

Guarding some office or warehouse at night would be a great gig for a recovering NEET like you though.
>>
File: 1492443998093.png (22KB, 611x560px) Image search: [Google]
1492443998093.png
22KB, 611x560px
>>36440985
Its good pay, there is always overtime if you want it and the exercise is okay too.

It's just far too political to be an enjoyable job.
It's constant arguments between workers and management every day. Workers insisting that they won't have time and so want to leave bits of their delivery off. management always trying to give you more and more work.

Thats why I say it's okay when you are outside. It's just a shame that they recently made everyone start working in pairs and my partner is a dickhead.
>>
>>36440116
i made a living as a Social Media partnership, currently made a social media partnership agreement with the army. $100-200 a month
>>
>>36441154
I don't work with that hardware. My job is in something called "infrastructure," which is basically the architecture and engineering of data centers and getting everything ready for development teams so they can use them.

The first step is installing linux and getting things set up using command line only. Good luck.
>>
>>36440116
>I'm a worthless NEET desperate for ideas and help.

Ultra, is that you?

Please change your life bro
>>
>>36441188

I hate this shit so much. I don't think I've ever seen a company get better because of a merger.
>>
>>36440895
>$130 for rent
where do you live?
>>
>>36441237
Czech republic, it's pretty cheap here but the salaries aren't very high (average is around $1000/month, minimum is $400)
>>
>>36441221
what's worse is the tripdubs basically telling me to kill myself >36441188
>>
File: 1417593115935.jpg (33KB, 350x460px) Image search: [Google]
1417593115935.jpg
33KB, 350x460px
>>36441190
I'm a slightly feminine looking manlet with long hair. I've heard about security jobs being relatively comfy for a recovering NEET or borderline retard, but will they hire someone like me? Where do I even go?
>>
>>36441188
>kysing your self over 348 dollars, american
>>
>>36441001
Tell us more about the business side of sys engineering, i'm a business guy with no technicals and would like this.
>>
File: 3n97Mwy.jpg (339KB, 1400x1068px) Image search: [Google]
3n97Mwy.jpg
339KB, 1400x1068px
>>36441221
No, IDK who that is. But i did apply to be a nighttime stockbitch for Walmart and Costco I think last week. No call yet, maybe due to not having references or having worked in 8 years.
>>
>>36441298
>judging people whom you know no further details about

kekorino
>>
>>36441048
Do tell more about the specific work done and how you bill hours.
>>
>>36440116
data (anal)yst

went to a trade school for programming, went to apply for jobs, no actual programming jobs would hire me because i didnt go to a nice liberal jew college and learn fucking biology and shit

applied for a bunch of generic computer-related jobs after that and found this neat little data analyst position in a small company

40k a year after taxes is breddy gud, i got shares in company stock too since i came in around the start of the company so the better i do my job the more the value of those grow its great

ye i could do it forever especially since i wrote a handful of small nifty programs that make my job super easy, im just sitting around listening to music most of the time its great

i feel like im important, the company is growing steadily and the people here seem to appreciate what i do

saved me from suicide t b h
>>
>>36441284

Don't kill yourself.

Get a job, a salary, a wife, kids, cancer and then kill yourself.
>>
File: 1489948219172.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1489948219172.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>36440116
I applied for 2 jobs last night.

Both at call centres

Both pay minimum wage

Wish me luck guys
>>
>>36441310

Oh boy what's up with that image?
>>
>>36441188
Kek, can't handle a little bump in the road kiddo?
>>
>>36441318

See >>36441216

I'm not an independent, I'm salaried. I just put my hourly rate there as a reference to other people's. I make $82k annually, but my benefits are fucking amazing and I live relatively on the cheap for where I am.
>>
>>36440116
bust my ass doing manual labor
went to a job interview
2600 euro/month
Do you enjoy it?
yes, i like working hard, time flies by
>Can you see yourself doing it for life?
heck no lmao
>>
>>36441274
You're telling me i can move to Czech and get an 1bd for 130 a month?? Show me pic examples of it anon, i do not believe.
>>
>>36440116
blood bank, sperm bank and currently considering the eye bank
>>
>>36441356
Then a blogpost about why you did it explaining to your students and get posted on r9k and we'll comment the shit out of it.
>>
>>36441304
I work for a large company, so we have a lot of processes that are in place for various things. I mostly manage and create those processes.

For instance; what team is responsible for adding a new device into our TACACS system for authentication. Who has the authority to determine which groups have access to which devices and how? What is considered a normal, business as usual process, and what needs a formal change with controls and review? Who gets alerted when certain syslogs exceed thresholds.

There are ITIL standards for a lot of this stuff, but a lot of it is done via research and interacting with a bunch of different teams. It's pretty damn boring and I'd rather be doing straight tech work instead of policy, but it pays the bills.
>>
File: Capture.png (39KB, 636x509px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
39KB, 636x509px
>>36441298
I think you were forgetting something, like the bigger amount of money staring me right in the face.
this was from yesterday I had to buy gas today to get to a temp agency hence the $980 earlier

Literally had 3 major businesses close their doors in the area I'm in. There's a flood of people looking for work.
>>
>>36440116
Registered Nurse. Got a job taking care of a guy with cerebral palsy when I was 17 and things took off from there.

I work on the float team so I don't get benefits but I make about $57/hour

I love it. It's stressful sometimes but I really enjoy the challenge and everyday I feel good about myself because I got to help some sick people. And when I get tired of working the floor I can just go get certified to do be a legal nurse consultant and work at a desk.

Not sure if it's a great job for a robot because you have interact with a lot of people and deal with some high stress situations and you gotta go to school for like 3 years. However, if you're trying to improve yourself it'd be great because it really does help your self esteem to have your patients thank you for saving their lives everyday. Feels important, man.
>>
>>36441413
no, I am living with roommates, our entire apartment (2 rooms and a kitchen, I don't know how it's called in English) costs $370 per month including utilities and $20 for internet (300mbps).
This is in Prague though, I'm currently in a town just outside of Prague (40 miles) and the rent prices are basically half of that here, you can get a nice cozy 1-2 bedroom apartment for around $200-300.

Anyway, for the links:
https://www.bezrealitky.cz/vypis?advertoffertype=nabidka-pronajem&estatetype=byt&region=praha&county=praha-cerny-most&priceFrom=&priceTo=&order=price_asc&submit=
It's in czech but hopefully you can see the prices there. $1 = 25 CZK
This particular location is at the edge of city but the apartments are cheap and you can get to city center in 20-30 minutes by subway, so it's still pretty damn good
>>
>>36440844
> Not virgin
> Has money
REEEEEEEEEE GET THE FUCK OUT YOU CHAD FUCK YOU AND YOUR STUPID ASS FIGHTING SHIT OUT GET OUT OUT OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36441216
I could do that.

I already know the command lines for about a dozen networking protocols and link aggregation systems.

Linux was next on my list.
>>
>>36441204
excuse me

>1-200 a month
r u srs
>>
>>36441544
this is among the only things that keeps me alive knowing i can just go to a shithole after 10-15 years of slaving
>>
>>36441081
Yeah. But the (You) I was responding too was asking what he could do with an associates in science.
>>
>>36441642
it's pretty cozy here
> 0.5l of good beer for $1 - $2
> lunch in restaurant in city center $5, actually cheaper than fast food
> pretty relaxed gun laws as opposed to western Europe

sure, there are disadvantages such as expensive electronics or gas, but I like living here
>>
I'm a teller at a shitty bank. I just applied because I needed a job.

I don't enjoy it. It sucks and it's boring. The hours are ok and the pay is ok. Holidays and weekends off except for every other Saturday.

I don't want to do this forever. I hate dealing with customers. They are always rude and stupid.
>>
>>36440116
Pizza delivery driver. Awsome job, make around d 24k a year. But I make alot in tips because I live in the south.
>>
>>36440116
Technical Sales Engineer.
A neighbor convinced me to take a class to get A+ certified. Then I got a job with a value-added reseller cleaning computers, swapping cables, etc. Stupid shit for $8/hr. But if you worked for them you got free training from Dell, HP, IBM, etc. I was bored all the time so I started taking all the classes to fill my day. After a year when they reviewed my records they freaked out and made me a bench tech where I replaced hard drives and screens and stuff for $12/hr.
That was also boring, so I kept training. At my next review they made me a field tech where I travelled to client offices to fix stuff for $16/hr. I could take online classes, then, so I took them after hours and weekends and kept getting more certifications.
When a year came up I didn't get a raise (I had to be there, like, 6 years to make more money) so I put my resume on Dice and got hired as a trainee sales engineer. My job is to go to potential clients with the salesman and answer all the technical questions then if they buy I install the equipment. I made $1,000 week salary plus if the sales team I was in met its sales target every 3 months I could get a bonus of up to $4,000 (I only ever gor $1,000, but I got it 4 times a year).
They paid for me to get more certifications and I had a lot of fun, but I met a guy at a convention that told me I wasn't getting paid enough, so after 13 months I put my resume on dice again and got this job. Sales Engineer, just like before, my salary is $2,000/week and my bonuses average $1,500/month.
>>
>>36441570
Dude, I have no idea what you just said about "link aggregation systems". I had to look up what you mean because I have literally in my career never heard someone refer to port configurations like that.
>>
>>36441830
Port configurations is basic like switch/router settings

Port aggregation systems are protocols that operate outside of standard port configuration like etherchannel or multi link.
>>
>>36440116
I'll give you a full run down of getting to where I wanted to be and the background.

Graduated and got hired on sick testing, climbing 100 tp 300 ft towers multiple times a day to probe them, shit work and I hated it.

Got hired as an aircraft mechanic for 2 months and that was much more fun and I would shout and swear across the plant and had all the hours I could. Basically all my jobs desperately needed people and it got me started.

Now I'm a aero engineer and my office is like a lets play studio. I love my job and wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm hoping we get our contracted started up cuz it'll make the plant filthy rich and evolve the company. Everyone here is cool as shit and the work is the right amount of challenging when things aren't slow
>>
>>36441544
In americastan I can't find a studio near my school for under $700. They won't accept me anyway because I have an open arrest on my record. Court moving slow as shit
>>
>>36440116

>almost 24
>NEET since February
>barely any experience, only few courses
>ending savings
>ending bachelor in June, currently writing thesis

I used to be an accountant in my country, but I really didn't like it. Especially taking into account, that payment in accountancy in my country is crappy, especially in the beggining. and tax laws are hard to understand even for some lawyers.

Before for over a year I worked as a physical worker in book warehouse.

Started learning C++ recently, but before I make any money from it it will probably be 2018.
>>
>>36441877
Yeah, I get that now, but as I said, I've never heard someone call it that, ever.
>>
>>36440116
Work in a grocery store. Got into it because our job centre equivalent made me work there for a month for free.

I get paid 62k a year in americool money.

I enjoy many parts of it. Store is in an well-off town with lots of old people and families. Very few minorities and people are very courteous to retail workers.

Worst part is probably that I work every other weekend but im free every wednesday, so you miss some social events or have to arrive late. On the other hand i don't have much of a social life and pretty content being alone. Work is also pretty chill on the weekends, few customers and i spend most of my time facing shelves.
>>
>>36441371
It's comfy artistry
>>
>>36441487
do i need the ITIL cert for this or my business degree can be enough? Sounds like a Project Management role to me, but what makes it boring? Do you at least get your own office?
>>
>>36441967
lol it's cool man.

Networking is full of stupid acronyms and things of that nature.

Like how you "prune" a "spanning tree" or "trunk" two switches. And Server Farms being called Data Centers now.

But networking isn't as enjoyable as hands-on work with hardware. Soldering or otherwise.
>>
>>36441544
>https://www.bezrealitky.cz/vypis?advertoffertype=nabidka-pronajem&estatetype=byt&region=praha&county=praha-cerny-most&priceFrom=&priceTo=&order=price_asc&submit=
Fuuck that bathroom i'd pay just to sleep in there T-T, nice OP, how open is Czech to foreigners that don't know the language?

Any fun stuff to do if i was to move there for like a year?
>>
>>36442030
Yeah, I was training to be a network engineer for a bit but got utterly bored. I much prefer working with the hardware, I've got a pretty solid handle on data center operations up until midlevel networking, and I'm going to need to learn that crap to continue.
>>
>>36441752
Tell us some comfy and kek stories anon, i feel like that's the one good thing about delivery
>>
>>36440116
im 42 . i stock shelves at a grocery store. $12/hr. I hate it, but i at least dont have to deal with people at all. I have a college degree, I got a BA in creative writing. I know, dont laugh. anyways, im just waiting for life to end. work, come home, eat, cry, sleep, come here. thats all my life consists of. I dont see any way out.
>>
>>36441765
Sounds good anon, how much to he sales guys make, are their bonuses bigger and in what ways do the roles and perks differ?
>>
>>36442068
>I'm going to need to continue learning crap to continue

Ode to the woes of network engineering Hahahaha.

They're always revising shit and wanting you to get renew your certs.
>>
Kinda diversion, but how do you guys get to work? How ling is your commute?

I can walk to my work, it's great. Sometimes come home for lunch... though that does throw off my internal clock, so not all the time.
>>
>>36440116

I work two shitty jobs with no diploma at the moment.
>>
>>36441983
What is with these slave jobs and being paid above average wage for min wage jobs? Somebody is not being truthful here.
>>
Anyone else drop out of university? Where are you now in your life? Was it worth it? Are you happy and/or rich?

Any answers please.
>>
>>36442065
In Prague it's fine, you can get by with English most of the time. Although knowing basics of czech isn't that hard and will help a lot.

Partying is pretty good here, most of the clubs are open until dawn and we have a lot of hot chicks who dig foreigners. Aside from that, obviously sightseeing which will take you quite some time if you want to see everything, or if you like watching sports, there are soccer / hockey matches quite often.
>>
I bartend

I started off waiting tables and eventually asked to be trained how to do it, and now I've been doing it for a few years

I get paid anywhere from $25k to $60k a year depending on where I work

It's fun, but it can be emotionally exhausting. I'd like to work my way up into owning a restaurant next.

If you're a NEET, this is not the job for you.
>>
>>36440116
Teacher, about $60,000 in $, but GPB 45,000. Got into it because I graduated as the recession hit, there were very few jobs/internships and teaching looked like an easy short term thing.

I dislike it, but the pension at the end is amazing, I only work 35 weeks a year. So I will probably ride it out (30 years to go!)
>>
>>36442142
The sales guys are in an odd spot. If they aren't selling I out earn them. If they are hitting their sales quota they easily make 150% more than I do. And if they *beat* their quota?
Fuck.
Sales guy on my team hit double his quota and paid cash for an ocean front condo in the virgin islands.
I fly a lot, A LOT. I am Gold level with 4 airlines so we all get upgraded to first class routinely. I have to make purchases (meals, etc.), save receipts, fill out expense forms, wait for a check to compensate me, etc.
Salesmen have a corporate credit card and just need to keep receipts.
If I am not travelling I work from my apartment and I get $100/month for home office expenses. The salesmen get $500/month for the same.
But, and this is the thing, they spend 4-6 hours a day on the phone looking for and dealing with clients. They have to confirm interest, need, budget, etc. AND convince the client to actually buy.
I don't do anything but answer technical questions and do installs. My actual work (not counting travel) is about 30 hours a week - sales men work about 60.
If sales are low? Meh. I get paid. Sales are low? They get less money and go On Plan. 3 months On Plan and you don't hit your sales quota?
Fired for cause. No unemployment. No two weeks. Fuck your vacation pay.
So - if you are good at sales you can make $750K/year
Bad at it you're fired
>>
File: 1485688827299.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1485688827299.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
I Sold old Tractors in Namibia, Uganda, botswana and Ghana.

I build a small canning company in Ghana for pineapple, makes around 10k Euro per year.
Actually not bad because my country has a double tax agreemend with ghana

and now i currently plan to build a jam production or fishing company in Liberia, wanted actually to go in polutery farming, but its forbidden for non Liberians
>>
>>36442203
I'd say my job is somewhat more complicated than what you seem to believe. In countries outside the US people expect more from their min wage workers, but the job is usually harder as well. I also have a pretty substantial loyalty bonus compared to other retail workers.
>>
>>36442354
Sounds good man, sounds like it should be a book or something, would be interested in hearing a whole bunch about this.
>>
>>36441983
>Work in a grocery store.
>I get paid 62k a year in americool money.
Dude what the fuck are you smoking
>>
>>36442750
yeah but africa isnt that nice, no joke, sounds super racist but u miss sb to talk on your education level and there are no cute white girls, but actually doesnt matter because i am to autistic for them.

If you want i could let sb write a book about it on fiverr, i am not a good writer and i dont enjoy writing
>>
>>36442928
Sure, start with some stories on here though, greentext or otherwise and let us know about the book.
>>
>>36442807
What's the problem? I know people who are departement heads in bigger stores who make 75k. I also recieve a 2k bonus next week, for meeting some of the 6 month goals.
>>
>>36440116
Work at a nonprofit helping plan conferences, I got it from a temp agency. I heard about the temp agency though a friend who knew of another posting there that I got but ended. They got me my current position.
$15/hr
It's easy and I have a lot of freedom. I work from home when lots of people are out away. I'm currently looking for another job though.
>I'm a worthless NEET desperate for ideas and help.
Try a temp agency. They'll interview you and make you take tests in writing and word and then they'll look for a job for you because they make money off of that too. It's good to build your resume.
>>
>>36442928
>finish school
>star to offer tools for rent from my Dad, because he died
>make around 10 k in a year with working
> actually should go study after free year
> dont want to
> Now a guy who can repair old tractors
> buy 4 IHC tractors for really low 15 k ( got some from my family as a present for studying)
> cut contact to family
> let tractors repair
> get duty licence for Namibia
> arrive in Namibia
> forgot i need a place to sleep not only to store tractors, so sleep in the garage of them
> broke
> sell all
> repeat
> 2016 i build pineapple canning biz
> sell most to chinks
> still not more then 30k on savings :(
>>
>>36443024
is this in Australia or something so the 64K usd is really like 32K?
>>
>>36443139
>>36443139
Sorry i misclicked
>>
>>36440736
>all these wants
>no skills to justify it
>>
>>36443024
It just doesn't add up, that is how much a lawyer/doctor (9 years experience) makes in my country (Sweden) BEFORE TAXES
>>
File: Screenshot_20170328-222328.png (83KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170328-222328.png
83KB, 720x1280px
>>36440116
This needs some backround so im going to blog post a bit.
My mother was spychotic and manipulative while i was growing up.
She went out to party on my eariler years bringing lots of different men home every week.
She was very abusive and at the same time never even bothered with me.
I had teach myself alot of things growing up.
So as you can imagine when i was a failed friendless high school drop out at 18 i had no license no car no skills or advice from a normal mother father that would help me out in the real world, not that i wanted anything to do with it, but my mother kicked me out onto tge streets at tge ripe legal smoking age of 18.
When i was young i had alot of rage, i wasnt going to let myself be beaten this way.
I thought to myself i wouldnt let that cunt kill me.
So one night after sleeping in front of a grocery store i walked in and asked for a job.
The agreed and i got trained to bag groceries and clean the floors, how to greet customers.
I hate it, i absolutely hate faking my mood everysingle day.
To this day at 31 years old it is what i do for a living.
Its easy and when i get home i get to get high/drunk to my hearts content.
>>
>>36441583
i'm 23, i live in a southeast asia ricenigger shithole, $100-200 a month is a decent earning for someone at my age here
>>
>>36443158
No, Denmark. Which is like australia, except the flora and fauna isn't trying to kill you, only the mudskins from Malmo.
>>
electrical technician, went into it for the money and because I'm naturally good at math and physics

get paid just over six figures

enjoy it and my coworkers, can see myself doing it for the rest of my life
>>
>>36443186
Lel, vad aer det foer fel med att tjaena 450 000 om aoret och jobba i matvarubutik? Dubbel loen pao helgen, 50% hoegre loan efter 6. Svenska laoner aer grislaoga, speciellt hoegskolejobb.
>>
>>36443508
So you just work like 80 hours a week then? Guess it makes sense then
>>
>>36441323
What kind of programming language do you use? Do you enjoy your job?
>>
>>36443508
Far 141kr/timmen, +71kr/timme overtid, men bara ~48 timmar per vecka.
>>
File: 1490231732092.png (255KB, 965x925px) Image search: [Google]
1490231732092.png
255KB, 965x925px
Systems/Network engineering lead for a US-based humanitarian NGO. Got an English degree in college, and was always hired into IT groups as the guy who could communicate well with both techies and normies.

100K-ish clownpieces per orbit

Yes, but I'm burnt the fuck out and can feel my technical abilities eroding, so I'm going to have to find a different gig in the next few years. Problem is, I've gotten used to doing crazy shit (want me to roll out infrastructure in a warzone? no prob bro) and being an important player in an org, so I don't think I can go to a big boring corp where I'm a cog.
>>
i do cg characters for films, games and vr
100-140k a year
yes yes.
i started as a neet with lots of free time, so ive spend it getting good at some small spectrum of the industry that became pretty lucrative. working from home, i never had a 9-5 slave job in my life. id say ive walked the ultimate neet path, living the comfy life.
>>
>>36443478

You mean engineer? ETs are generally hands-on people who don't learn much physics or math, and make like 50-70k tops. Maybe that's wrong, though
>>
>>36443546
I work 39.25 hours a week on average. Every other week i work 6 days, then 4, then 6 and so on.
>>
>>36443698
48 timmar i veckan? Ganska tufft. Orkar du det i langden? Handel har sjukt bra OB-tillagg.
>>
>>36443841
>$29/hour
>grocery store
yeah no. only if ALL your hours are overtime, otherwise, no.
>>
>>36443822
technologist is the technically correct term. I do networking, code PLCs and HMIs as well. don't think that's typical of panel builders, assemblers or techs.

college was a three year program that was a fucking joke compared to university, I think we learned fourier series and laplace transforms in our final semester whereas in engineering degree courses that's some first/second semester shit.

I've worked as a junior engineer as well, the hours aren't worth the compensation. way too much work.
>>
>>36443906
Inga problem for mig alls, gillar det, men brukar oftast jobba nagra manader at gangen, sen NEETa.
>>
>>36440940
you recommend reserves anon?
>>
>>36440766
You can be saving almost 70% of your income what the fuck are you even doing? Are you retarded? Holy shit, I hope you do get fired for being a moron
>>
>>36444021
I'm enlisted, reserves sound really stupid. Reserves are basically all the responsibility of being in the military while also being a civilian with shit pay, then you're forced to travel every month. If you're going to do it, just do it and get enlisted. It's much better in the long term to be enlisted, and probably in the short term as well. You can't live off of reserve pay, so you would need to wagecuck on top of everything.

plus nobody respects reserve scrubs
>>
Retail cuck
I specialize in working stock in the dairy department.

It's hard on the back cause I'm a tall skeletal but I'm good at it
I'll be a cripple before 30 if I stay here
I just wanna go back to school
>>
>>36441095
Yeah, love summer, there is always less mail in the summer, not sure why though.

I wear a polo shirt and shorts.

I deliver to a small town, it's cool, my autism really kicks in as I rmember everyones name and address. When normies send letters that have incomplete addresses I can usually still post them. Made 400 GBP in christmas tips last year because of this.
>>
>>36441175
lol. I'm on a 29 hours a week contract but overtime is litterally falling out of the businesses ass.

We get approximately 11 GBP per hour and we get bonuses
>>
>tfw no idea what to do
>pretty sure I'm too retarded/autistic to do anything anyway
>just thinking of killing myself instead since I'mt oo much of a failure to even do a basic thing like have gainful employment
>>
>>36443959
Later soft. Jag ar fast i ekorrhjulet, om jag stannar kommer jag aldrig fa lika bra villkor far samma arbetsinsats.
Jag vill sa garna vara ledig ett halvar,
Men som sagt..

>>36443932
Dont know what to say, my base pay is $20, i work every other weekend (double pay), 4 evenings a month (50/70/100% pay increase depending on the hour), also i get $850 per month extra for being me.
>>
>>36444224
>and shorts
Postman should always be wearing shorts though
>>
>>36440116
Holy shit, how come so many people are earning 100k+??

Are these lies or what or is it specific to burgerland? This would never fly in the UK i have never known anyone who made 100k or heard of it online in the UK. And to think of someone earning 100k euro in like spain or ireland, forgeddaboudid.
>>
>>36444392
>i get $850 per month extra for being me.
wut
is this code for "i'm my boss' personal sex slave"
>>
>>36444132
yeahit makes sense to enlist asap after high school. i was dumb and didnt. I have a great government job in a city i like with my soon to be wife. my job will be waiting for me if i go to basic. ive always wanted to do a part of military life thats why the reserves are interesting to me.
>>
>>36440116
Work at a powder coating factory.
325$ for 2 days of work per week.
It's okay for now cause I get to spend 5 days in underwear. I'm a proto-neet. Wouldn't really do it on the long run though, shit is hard.
>>
>>36444449
It means i've been loyal to my boss, when times were tough. I put in some extra hours, shouldered some responsibilities etc. That manager has moved on though, but i still have the extra pay because they can't remove it. Also they cant fire me because of the cuhraayzee hiring laws here.
>>
I'm a communication and multimedia designer and part-time gamedev. I am self employed. I charge 30 euros before t ax per hour. I don't work much, I live at home, my parents are loaded and I don't really need to do a lot because I inherit three houses I can ask rent for.

I'm currently working on a tourism project for the municipality, rolled into that because my colleague works on the project for his thesis and they needed a graphic designer. We needed an office for our game company and got a free space in exchange for help on the project. I'm doing more than needed now, if I play my cards right I can get a place in the municipality for all kinds of projects. Shouldn't be that hard as their current graphic design is abysmal.
>>
>>36444695
>he believes in being loyal to a company
>when companies are rarely loyal to their employees
GET A LOAD OF THAT KEK!
>>
>>36440295

wtf noone told me being a postman paid so much. I thought the only jobs going were horrible suicide inducing warehouse work sorting letters where you're not even allowed music.
>>
>>36440116
You dont get to sit at the chad table just because youve given up. Its your own fault for not being excellent to others. Now play games all day for weeks and pursue a lifespan thats shorter than the successful.
>>
>>36444396
it's cold in England desu
>>
>>36445261
Those are the only jobs you'll get if you waste money on some useless college degree so you can gloat while being a Starbucks barista at best. I don't know what it's like in Bongistan but in the US at least there are many blue collar jobs available damn near everywhere and they often pay better/get more money than a lot of college graduates who have a shit ton of debt and shitty job opportunities. And for the record, blue collar in this situation means things like plumbing, electrician, HVAC, etc. not things like McDonald's worker or warehouse employee.
>>
>>36445261
I work delivery sector, but we have to sequence our own mail and can have music, heck the office always has the radio on.

I don't know if I could handle being cooped up in a sorting office though
>>
>>36445000
When did i say i was loyal to the company, friend? I was loyal to a man.

And in return, i got money. It worked out pretty nicely.
>>
I'm a school psychologist making around $50,000 starting. Considering how comfy the job is and how little is effort is needed, I am doing great.
>>
>>36440116
> Receptionist
> Nepotism
> 8bong/hr
> Meh
> I hope not
>>
>>36443331
hey anon, its me africa anon.
Had the same, was annoyed by my family and had to get out, i wanted to become rich.
I am not rich now but i travel a big part of the world and i am proud to provide some africans a living.
Do the same as me, take your money and go to the frontier of our time in (not socialist) africa
>>
>>36446430
Did you need a masters to get that job? I want to do something similar but AFAIK I'd need a masters degree to do so.
>>
>>36446978
Yes, where I live it is a 5 year program to become a psychologist and it means doing a bachelors and masters, then a mandatory year of practice under supervision before you get the title.
I read in the states a PhD is the sure way to do things other than assisting in psychology though, so it might be longer depending on where you live.
>>
>>36446978
School Psych in the U.S. is largely a PhD job. You might find the odd desperate weird district but it's mostly legally mandated that to be school psych it's a PhD.

To be a school COUNSELOR it's a masters.
>>
Office clerk $35k USD. Work isn't too labor intensive or mentally exhausting so it's cool. My mom's friend used to work here and put in a good word for me.
>>
File: ~.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
~.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>36440116

>Job
Work as IT guy in a small local store, fixing computers, installing software, building machines, simple date recovery, the usual low tier kinda of IT work
>Money
I earn enough to live my comfy life, i don't spend to much so what i earn is just right, 1200 per month
>Joy
I kinda love it and hate it, most of the time i love because it simple and easy job and sometimes i hate it because it is repetitive and boring
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.