[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which board does *blocks your path* originally come from? I don't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 1439873707321.jpg (28KB, 307x462px) Image search: [Google]
1439873707321.jpg
28KB, 307x462px
Which board does *blocks your path* originally come from? I don't understand
>>
File: 1109997052656.jpg (64KB, 953x964px) Image search: [Google]
1109997052656.jpg
64KB, 953x964px
Sup. I'm going to get in a shit ton of trouble for this (I'll have to dodge a ban) but here's the truth.

"4chan.org" wasn't the site's original URL. When moot made his greatest mistake, it was actually hosted at "4chan.NET", not "4chan.org". All of the ancientfag memes you know about are in fact from "4chan.net", and not "4chan.org". At some point (late '04, iirc), a proto-/pol/fag got peeved at moot for hosting loli and narced him out to Paypal, who promptly closed his account and seized all existing funds, forcing him to shutter "4chan.net". A little while after this, a group of disgruntled channers jonesing for their hentai fix got together and purchased "4chan.org", to which everyone, after much bitching, immigrated.

...And that's when somebody cut moot a check. Moot wasted no time in reactivating the .net domain (which had, in the meantime, been bought by a Japanese toy company; there was a huge legal fiasco wherein moot managed to prove that they'd actually sold the domain before the lease was technically up and nearly got countersued before the company finally settled). At this point (this would've been about late '05-'06), there were TWO 4chans, each with its own competing culture, memes, and poster base.
From what I recall, the original "4chan.net", moot's site, leaned further to the weaboo side (it still had guro and loli boards, for instance), whereas the new "4chan.org" was much more oriented toward the newer, ED-type "leejun"/raidfag posters. As you'd expect, they began raiding each other immediately, with .org shitposting "kill yourself otaku scum" and .net spamming hentai.
This situation pleased no one, and eventually the .org leadership led a coup against their admin (a weaboo who later went on to write books about lost tribes and UFOs in Japan), deposing him, permabanning him from the site channel, and taking both the domain and slightly-improved board software for themselves. (continued in next post)
>>
File: thicc trap.jpg (156KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
thicc trap.jpg
156KB, 566x800px
>>36423152
Having dethroned the foul tyrant, the .org staff begged moot to come back, run the place, and most importantly, pay the damn bills. This presented a conundrum: each domain had a distinct userbase, the userbases despised each other, moot (wary after being burned by PayPal) was unwilling to import the guro, shota, and loli boards, and without moot, there would be no one to administer the .net site.
Miraculously, help arrived that February in the form of one Robert Hopkins, a HAM radio nerd and scuba diver, who kept .net fully funded and operational, mostly in order to maintain the flow of Lucky Star hentai to his dick.

We are now in mid-2006. The first articles about this "4chan" thing are starting to come out in the mainstream press. Mudkips, cats, and lulz are very nearly household concepts. Business for 4chan.org (moot) is booming, and 4chan.net (Hopkins), while not growing at anything like the same rate, is doing very well for itself. 4chan, as a site and a concept, has a bright future ahead of it. Disaster strikes.

A group of posters from a forum which shall not be named, angry at having been upstaged by a weeb teen and slowly declining into irrelevance, decide to do a raid, prominently featuring 4chan's logo and memes. Eventually, the media figures out that 4chan had nothing to do with it, but the damage has been done. Angry moralfags and edgelord teens flock to both sites en masse, drowning out the original users. Moot panics and bans any discussion of raids, even harmless pranks (ie. Habbo) from the site. /b/tards, enraged at the perceived loss of freedom, shitpost harder and are banned, forcing them to go to 4chan.net to get their anonymous chat fix. Horrified by the influx of newfags and pissed-off, permabanned /b/tards, Robert takes a drastic step to protect the culture of his site: closing the domain and banning all new IPs, making admission invite-only. 4chan.net is now under sakoku. (continued)
>>
File: 1309658098812.jpg (195KB, 640x931px) Image search: [Google]
1309658098812.jpg
195KB, 640x931px
>>36423876
(I am honestly dumbstruck that I still remember all this crap.)

By 2007, the full extent of the damage becomes clear. 4chan.net (no longer its actual domain), always slightly more elitist than its sister site, has degenerated into an angry, paranoid shell of itself, wherein anything that could conceivably be linked to "mootard behavior" is met with a cold, no-read ban. IRC is choked with regulars asking to be let back into their site. 4chan.org fares little better. All references to "the .net site" are scrubbed from the documentation and FAQs. Moot, realizing that he can influence the culture, turns the moderators into full-time community managers, nipping anything even remotely likely to result in bad PR in the bud. Content suffers.

There's not much more to say. Things have stayed the course for about ten years. 4chan.net is a mummified remnant of what it once was, and 4chan.org is... 4chan. To answer your question, *blocks your path* is a 4chan.net meme that people (nearly everyone from .net is a cross-poster at this point) started posting here. I may or may not be banned for telling you this, depending on how many people are left who give a shit, but just in case, you may want to screencap this post. A former .net mod runs Desuarchive, so I doubt you'll find it there, if it vanishes.
>>
>>36422458
Probably /a/ or /v/

*blocks your path* has a specific flavour of week and 'tism about it
>>
>>36424495
Hi, Bob. Kiznavier was okay and you're a fucking idiot for banning me. Enjoy your dead site.
>>
>>36423152
>>36423876
>>36424118

this is some great bait for 18 year olds but it's all bullshit.

t. 2005 fag
>>
>>36424579
You don't remember 4CHAN DIES and "chicken dinosaurs"? Spooky amscraying with donation bux?

>Hi guys I got your money and bought this FUCKING NICE fleece pullover

Come on. Nothing?
>>
>>36424639

I remember a lot of shit senpai, including the 7ch@n autism. no 4chan.net
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.