[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else remember being happy as a child? I miss that feeling.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: onawalk_web-9821.jpg (373KB, 840x561px) Image search: [Google]
onawalk_web-9821.jpg
373KB, 840x561px
Anyone else remember being happy as a child?

I miss that feeling.
>>
>>36414217
Nah, I suffered a lot of bullying.
Now I'm pretty fine compared to those grim days, although I miss my grandpa.
>>
Sure do, OP. Sure do

Pre-2006 is never coming back.
>>
>>36414241
Sorry to hear that anon. Good to hear you're doing better now.
>>
>>36414257
>Pre-2006 is never coming back.

Yes it is you autist
>>
File: crying kid basketball.jpg (77KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
crying kid basketball.jpg
77KB, 1136x640px
being a child fucking sucked
>can never get time alone
>cant chooose meals
>spend all day dreading bed time
>constant night mares
>just being dumb, could barely read a page a minute
>talking to other kids who seem to be even dumber

I guarantee you noone would choose to be a child again if they had the option
>>
>>36414217

>that carefree feeling you had as a kid
>hanging out with your friends after school and having sleepovers to watch wwe wrestling, play snes and N64 games and eat pizza.
>riding your bike throughout the neighborhood with your boys

I miss it lads, even if it had some downsides.
>>
>>36414217
>Anyone else remember being happy as a child?I miss that feeling.
Take this on fb, delusional OP.
>>
I miss my imagination, I could be left alone for hours and have only my imagination for company.
>>
>>36414273
Obviously not if you were a fucking retard.
>>
>>36414217
i don't remember shit about my childhood, just some flashes. it seems I started being able to create and store remembrances when I was 12
>>
I remember one day when I was around 8 I went to the bus stop as usual and for some reason the people there who I considered friends had turned on me and started treating me like dogshit, even the neighbor girl who I had "dated" because she had a crush on me.

It was absolutely horrible, I was so confused as to why they were treating me so poorly and I never found out. Probably didn't do any favors for me regarding trust issues.
>>
I was much happier as a 17-18 year old than as a child.
Now it's just meh.
>>
>>36414217
>little chad
get off my board rieeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
Yes. I recall waking up early in the mornings and being able to hug my sister and play games with her. I recall watching cartoons. I recall having no concept of domestic abuse.
Every so often my parents' constant fighting scared me but it wasn't until I was 7 that it started sinking in that I wasn't part of a normal family and I likely never will be. Then when I was 8 I decided death is better than any other outcome.
>>
I feel like the happiness of childhood only exists to worsen the misery of adulthood by contrast.
>>
File: 1405974156790.png (7KB, 549x365px) Image search: [Google]
1405974156790.png
7KB, 549x365px
>>36414217
>happy childhood

Bullying was my everyday, girls picked on me and dudes use to takes there hits at me. I never even did anything weird at first (until I sort of snapped mentally and I just became a weird kid, why be something different if they've already labled you) I just would be quiet and once one bully targets you, they all target you.

Fuck school, I almost went virginia-tech UK edition once or twice as my dad was a farmer so shotguns were easily reachable, but I had a concious that wouldn't shut up so I backed down. Lifes easier nowadays, but still it left me with permanant damage to being social or meeting new people.
>>
>>36414451
I was so suicidal as a kid. I was in first grade when I jumped off the roof of my house. I wouldn't really call it a suicide attempt (two stories down to grass) but it was definetly a cry for help. Told parents I did it for fun.
>>
File: 1435543453609.jpg (10KB, 350x334px) Image search: [Google]
1435543453609.jpg
10KB, 350x334px
>>36414217
>Anyone else remember being happy as a child?

No. I was never bullied or abused but I spent almost all my childhood alone because I was essentially an only child due to my sister being so much older than me and having already moved out, nobody wanted to be my friend, even in boy scouts, so I wandered the playground by myself everyday, and my dad was always gone working 16 hour days or and my mom two jobs so I was either in a ghetto daycare or home completely by myself. To make things worse, I had behavioral issues and horrible grades and was constantly in trouble at school and grounded. Also every holiday was a nightmare because it ended in a nuclear meltdown because my piece of shit uncles and my grandmother would come over and always starts shit. It's why I hate Christmas and Thanksgiving
>>
i had trust in people and i thought i would have a great job, a family and and a house when im adult
>>
>>36414621
How did that turn out?

I expected the same as a kid. So far only the job has happened.
>>
Not really. I remember being less unhappy, but I don't think I was ever really happy.
>mom openly resented me
>dad was never around because of work
Then I started school and things went downhill. I'm okay now I guess. Constant suicidal thoughts aside, things are the best theyv'e been for me in a very, very long time.
>>
>>36414217
I think ive been depressed since i was about 9.
>>
>>36414217
Ages 8-13 were mostly pretty good even though I was bullied a lot, parents were rather poor, and I thought constantly about suicide.
>>
>>36414217
Not happy, just way more carefree
>>
>>36414217
No. Not really. Poverty will fuck your entire life up. I do remember being naive as a child though and not realizing how fucking awful everything is.
>>
>>36414217
I remember watching my dad threaten my mother with a kitchen knife when I was like 5
>>
>>36414217
>being bullied at school
normal fags
my childhood was filled with abuse and trauma bullies were the least of my concerns
>>
File: 1.jpg (40KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
40KB, 709x765px
>playing runescape until 3 in the morning

>watching all of your favorite shows for the first time

>playing your favorite games for the first time

>not having anxiety about the future

>allowed to act weird because you're a kid

>no responsibilities other than chores

>don't have to worry about women and their bullshit

>no one calls you a failure

>plenty of time ahead of you to decide what you want to be
>>
1995-2005 were amazing years to be a child other than 9/11. Internet was just starting to get really big, and 3D games started getting big as well.
>>
>>36418689
Forgot to mention no smartphones or social media shit yet.
>>
>grew up piss poor
>dysfunctional family
>abused and neglected
>mom died when I was 10
>dad got fired for due to alcohol problems and hasnt worked since
>no money, no bed, no soap
>bullied at school
>scrape up roadkill for HOA for enough money to eat
>dad would steal it and spend it on makers mark
>if the roadkill was safe/fresh enough I would sometimes eat it instead

Nope. Cant say I know that feel.

Raccoon is very nasty. They have little glands all over their bodies that ruin the meat it not removed.
>>
>>36414217
Best feeling was summer breaks with my little sister.

>90s kids
>no school
>parents worked
>dat 1990s summer weather
>spending whole days in the basement playing and watching movies on VHS
>gear up and go biking around the suburbs when we wanted to be outside

We had so much fun as kids. Shame we hate each other as adults.
>>
File: 1487303558303.png (252KB, 596x350px) Image search: [Google]
1487303558303.png
252KB, 596x350px
>>36414217
Yes, but the liberals shattered my view of a perfect world.
>>
>>36414273
Shit, most of that applies to adult life too
>>
no
I have a hard time identifying with my child self and cant really imagine what happiness feels like anymore.
>>
>>36418891
I'm sorry to hear that, bro. No child should have to deal with that shit.

Has your life improved since then?
>>
File: 1352132594364.jpg (24KB, 269x271px) Image search: [Google]
1352132594364.jpg
24KB, 269x271px
>tfw between age 8-12 I used to go to my 60+ year old neighbour so I could learn how to suck his dick and eventually 'ride cowboy'....

He never actually 'did' something to me, though.

Was still a good childhood desu. Still turned out straight, too.
>>
>>36414217
No. I occupied myself with different things as a child, but I've never been a "happy" person.

I wasn't one of those kids that smiled or laughed for no reason, I usually had on the same plain expression and the same mood. People would assume I was sad, but I wasn't (I don't get sad either), I just wasn't happy.

Pretty sure it's one of the emotions I'm not capable of.
>>
>>36414217
nah.
when i was a child i doctrine myself to be a soldier , so i dont feel almost anything and now i am autistic as fuck . i miss my childhood throught
>>
>>36420237
Quite a bit. Pretty much normie on the outside.
>>
>>36414217

excuse me normie?

my childhood was nothing but stress, looking at pictures of myself as a kid I always had a scowl on my face like I was about to do a school shooting I felt so besieged
>>
>>36420289
You brought an old man nearing his days joy.
You did a good thing, Anon, know this.
>>
>>36414266
thanks senpai

oregnano
>>
File: 1491801414769.jpg (108KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
1491801414769.jpg
108KB, 500x650px
>used to hang out at horse ranches and play pretend with my buddy Timmy
>I can never go back to those days of exploring and running around with him and his little sister
>>
File: as9Z4l1.jpg (121KB, 1102x967px) Image search: [Google]
as9Z4l1.jpg
121KB, 1102x967px
>>36421222
I miss Stan.
>checked
>>
File: 90s.png (17KB, 651x641px) Image search: [Google]
90s.png
17KB, 651x641px
>>36418295
This perfectly encapsulates my sentiments towards childhood.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.