[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tell doctor I get anxiety, and occasional depression >prescribes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: clonazepam-label.jpg (67KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
clonazepam-label.jpg
67KB, 620x349px
>Tell doctor I get anxiety, and occasional depression
>prescribes clonazepam, and says to see a therapist
>still anxious and depressed
>I really don't want to see a therapist
wat do?
>>
>>36407544
binge on the benzos in one week
>>
>>36407544
I'm in the opposite situation
>seeing therapist
>says I should see a doctor and discuss possible medication
>been procrastinating on scheduling an appointment for about a month
>>
>>36407544
Wish I was you. My doc won't give me shit. I'm a fucking basket case and he does nothing. Not even non-narcotic therapies like Atarax. I kinda want to see a different person, but I'm afraid they wouldn't take my insurance, so I'll be stuck with Dr. Do-nothing for all of eternity.
>>
>>36407544
Therapy is fucking hack for normies and stacy. It doesn't actually help people who are truly depressed, but rather is an easy way for therapists to make money from simple normie problems.
>>
>struggle with anxiety
>too anxious to see a doctor or therapist

Life is struggle and pain.
>>
>Medication
>Therapy
Don't fall for this meme anon. The only way to fix your negative feelings is to accept them, and try to better yourself despite it.
>>
>>36407544
Stop taking clonazepam faggot, it is an absolute bitch to come off of. Withdrawals are absolute hell; they might even give you seizures or kill you
>>
>be an alcohol
>doctor knows
>gives me prescription for 100 clonazepam .5mg
>don't abuse it cause fuck benzos and all it does is make me tired if I take a bunch
guess it's opiates or bust
>>
The depressants won't work without therapist. You can feel better but it won't fix things. Get your ass to the therapist
>>
>>36408271
What do you do when all you are is negative feelings?
When you can't find anything you give a fuck about or enjoy to even pass the time?
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>36408777
>no purpose in life
>depressed, anxious
>surely a (((pill))) will fix it
>doesn't
really activates your almonds
>>
Take more meds, dude. I'm on cymbalta, clonazepam, and considering starting pot on top of that, as well as inositol. I've given up on working out my problems because something else always happens. Get rid of your therapy, it won't work.
>>
go to a fucking therapist you dumb cunt
>>
>>36409330
>take more meds, dude.
>I've given up on working out my problems
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>36408174
i'll give you a hint.

basically, the only helpful strategy that they will give you for combating your anxiety is incremental exposure to what makes you anxious.

if you can even get yourself to call a therapist, you are on your way to getting better because confronting situations that cause you anxiety is really all you can do and you have to start somewhere.
>>
>>36409887
>if you can even get yourself to call a therapist, you are on your way to getting better because confronting situations that cause you anxiety is really all you can do and you have to start somewhere.

But it never gets any easier. Just living life should eventually help me get over these fears, but I feel it as intensely at age 31 as I did at age 21, or even younger.
>>
>>36409937
>Just living life should eventually help me get over these fears.
Wrong.
>>
>>36409968
But he just said
>confronting situations that cause you anxiety is really all you can do
>>
>>36409937
i am not certain what sort of anxiety you are referring to so i cannot give you any specific advice.

it's not that the anxiety goes away but over time, you can learn how to not let it stop you from pursuing what you really want to do as often. it takes practice and commitment to your goals but you will probably begin to feel better, more in control of your decisions and less trapped by your anxiety. also, the anxiety does lessen with repeated exposure (though it's not really a linear process. there will be ups and downs and sometimes things that you have managed to do regularly may seem impossible again out of the blue but perseverance and, again, commitment makes this less of a problem.)

i never really got much help from therapy examining the causes of my anxiety but i did improve some during the periods where i tried to focus on changing my behavior. part of that will also be awareness of the habitual thought processes that increase your anxiety and encourage you to give up. just make sure to give it time.
>>
>>36410023
yeah, that's fair.
If I had any answers, i wouldn't be here. but you still have to try right? [\spoiler]
>>
see the-rapist
>>
>>36410023
tell me what kind of anxiety you have.

also, this was just my experience. you may have more success with other kinds of therapy. don't let my experience discourage you. it's just an excuse not to pursue a possible solution.

if you call, you are proving to yourself that you can overcome your anxiety, at least in one specific instance. how could this be a bad thing?
>>
>>36409352

Go to many therapists, until you find one that can actually help you. Sometimes it takes awhile, a lot of them hear the same bullshit from hundreds of people and regurgitate the same advice to every single one of them. Find one that has actually tried to kill him/herself, find one that still struggles with depression and has useful ways of helping you, find one that has actual medical experience(my therapist is also a registered nurse, so when she makes med recs to my doc, they carry actual weight and value.)

When I opened up about my problems and past to the lady I was seeing before her, she was actually taken aback by some of the shit I said and told her, but was thakfully self aware enough to recognize she couldn't help me and recommended someone else who could offer 'more intensive help'.
>>
therapy works, if you willing to actually talk during sessions.
>>
>>36410506
>she was actually taken aback by some of the shit I said and told her
tell me. i want to be taken aback.
>>
>>36407812
Wtf? I asked my doctor for medication and he gave it right away. If you tell your doctor that the anxiety is legitamtely affecting your quality of life they're supposed to give you meds. Unless you have a history of drug abuse your doctor is retarded.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.