[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 28

File: 580495925295.jpg (118KB, 800x967px) Image search: [Google]
580495925295.jpg
118KB, 800x967px
Positive thoughts edition

Well, we're almost done with the semester, What are you looking forward to this summer? Will next year be better than this one?

>tfw I got a $20/hr office job secured for next semester
feelsgudman
>>
> good grades
> $21 / hr internship for the summer
> need 60s on my finals for As in all my classes
> going to be a senior in a week

And yet all I can think about is how I've never had a gf.
>>
>>36406030
>$20 an hour is good in America
Hahaha, tard wranglers get $25 an hour in Australia.
>>
About to graduate with a foreign language degree. For most of my time at uni I wanted to go into translation, but after taking a few translation classes I might want to go back to get a degree in a different field. What's something with a good return on investment?
>>
>>36406095
Yeah and its 9-11 dollars for a fucking beer M8.

The rent I paid for a share house in Melbourne what was I now pay for a 1 bedroom in Canada.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (26KB, 865x226px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
26KB, 865x226px
>>36406095
you were saying?

kekkity kek
>>
aight fuck economics. i'm going all in on cal 3 and algebra
>>
File: 1491611257207.png (241KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1491611257207.png
241KB, 700x700px
>tfw fell for codemonkey meme
>tfw now realize computer science is a shit major
>tfw should have gone into electrical engineering instead
>>
File: 1492648555288.gif (2MB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
1492648555288.gif
2MB, 256x144px
Just spent 12 hours doing my lab report. Literally gotta do the final paragraph and references and I can go to sleep
>>
>probably going to pass all my classes with Cs and Bs
>finished gen ed in first year
>moving to a smaller campus
>taking more classes in summer
>working in summer
>already ahead on my degree
>>
>math test tomorrow that will determine if I fail or stay barely passing
>spent all day studying
>still don't understand anything
>even if I pass I still have to take the cumulative final and ace it to not fail the course for the third time

I don't think I'm gonna make it
>>
Who here /wantsmoretime/?

>be a CS junior taking an extra semester due to a late major change
>be at top 10 uni
>haven't done anything wholesome or cool because of muh depression and muh cynicism and muh lack of purpose
>just do homework and go to class for the most part

Rationally, I think I'm doing okay. I scored my first internship although it wasn't competitive at all. At the same time, I still want to fucking kill myself everyday. I haven't been happy in years. Maybe since middle school.
>>
File: oa8mf8u7yjwx.jpg (38KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
oa8mf8u7yjwx.jpg
38KB, 400x388px
>gpa of 3.98 semester 1 of 2nd year
>gpa of 3.85 semester 2 of 2nd year due to falling hard for a girl
>tfw we're actually dating and im actually gaining self-esteem for the first time in my life

is it worth it?
>>
>>36406835
what class?
calculus?
>>
>tfw failed python algorithms because i never bothered to finish the assignments and study for exams
am I fucked? Should I just drop out of CS or something? I got a D in discrete math, despite being in a study group. I got rekt on exams,
>>
>>36406379
me too, I wish I went into engineering instead

I was retaking physics by correspondence, but I never bothered to finish in high school because I was too lazy.

now it's too late to try to get into engineering
>>
>>36407601

same here man. I am doing a watered down CS major that the school allows, although CS is in the engineering department and you have to fulfill lots of engineering prereqs. I would feel so much better about myself if I was actually truly in engineering. Now it is way too late.
>>
>>36407759
I had all the marks except physics, I could've easily gotten into engineering. I could've transferred in first year but I had a horrible GPA. It's fucking too late now.
>>
File: 1491625311016.gif (37KB, 326x235px) Image search: [Google]
1491625311016.gif
37KB, 326x235px
I'm 20 and I'm going to college for first time, and I plan to be on dorm.

Any advice to become normie?

>inb4 if you have to ask you're fucked
>>
>set to graduate spring next year for technical drafting
>two weeks ago instructor suggests I apply for a design job at a local factory
>I apply with a garbage resume, no real experience, and a mediocre portfolio
>got a call today that I beat out the other applicants and the job is mine
>contract offer is in the mail, waiting for me to review and negotiate it
How the fuck did everything go so right?
>>
8 weeks into my thesis and I've yet to start, and every week I have a meeting with my supervisors in which I bullshit them about my progress. It's getting harder and harder and I'm dreading the day they require a deliverable.
>>
>applied to a bunch of retail positions online
>have no job experience except for some volunteering
>no one contacted me
fuck how do i get a job bros.
>>
>>36407815
I forgot to mention that the interview included a portion where they had me do 3D drafting of a mechanical part in a program I had never touched until the night before.

Everyday I thank god that I'm not a retard and that I can learn things quickly.
>>
>Stats final tomorrow
>Didn't start studying yet
>Prefer shitposting

Why do I do this to myself everytime?
>>
I miss being a student.

Working life is shit and I want to go back.
>>
>>36407804
room in a triple and hope you can fake it.
>>
Any bots doing physical or occupational therapy here? Which should I pick?
>>
>>36407913
Just lie on your resume/application (or at least white lie, i.e. say you did a bit more than the job called for)
>>
File: 1491089266907.jpg (9KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1491089266907.jpg
9KB, 261x192px
>Have an extremely shitty semester
>Grades drop below 3.0
>I need a 3.0 minimum to get out of this shit community college
There's still plenty of time to bounce back but fuck I feel like a piece of shit
>>
>>36408336
but i literally have no job experience, why would i lie about it
>>
File: science_pepe.png (132KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
science_pepe.png
132KB, 396x385px
>>36407804

Two things I would do differently if I had another chance in college (I was a dormfag my first two years)
>don't take classes that start before 10 AM because if you do social things a lot of them will be late at night
>go to every social gathering/activity you see flyers for in your first couple weeks even if they sound faggy, this is when you meet people because all the other freshmen are new too and building their social circles

The one social thing I did right and prevented me from being a total loner
>if you walk around your dorm or just hang out in the commons area you will meet people and find things to do (once I walked past a room where a few guys were drinking and playing N64, they invited me in and a couple times a week for the rest of the semester I went over there to drink wtih them and play Smash or Mario Kart)
>my freshman year I was sitting in the lobby doing homework and some guy sat down next to me after he recognized my textbook
>turns out he was in the same class and had to do the homework too, so we worked on it together
>he was a total bro and after talking for 10 minutes it felt like we had been friends for years, we were roommates our sophomore year and then roommates in an off-campus apartment a couple more years after that until we graduated
>only person from college I still regularly talk to
>>
File: 1469362626443.png (462KB, 473x586px) Image search: [Google]
1469362626443.png
462KB, 473x586px
>Project due in 2 days that I don't want to start
>Manage to team up with someone (Prof allows it for this project), they do the project and I do the report for it.
>mfw
So close to being done.
>>
>>36408869

Thank you. I appreciate it.

>original
>>
>>36406030
Help me.

It is all over now, I've done it again. I fucked around for the whole semester and now there is a good chance that I'll fail at least but not limited to one class out of four, and that particular one will be my second time failing it.

Is 3 and half day enough to cram through a half semester worth of material? I'm allowed a memo sheet since the class is largely quantitative and for bonus point, I got 50% on the midterm, 0% for class participation, and 35% overall for assignment.

I don't even understand why I always end up fucking myself over, in the other similar class I'm taking for the first time, I got 98% on midterm, studying just the day before.
>>
>>36408869
>don't take classes before 10 AM
Lel, I have a 7.00 am calculus 2 class that I fucking breeze through because the prof. is super lenient 'because it is so early' and I pop caffeine, yohimbine, and B-12 pills before.
The prof fucking loves me because I'm so alert and interested in his class.
>>
>chem exam tomorrow
>will only have 3 hours to study beforehand
Can I make it robots? It'll be multiple choice.

Also, why do we keep doing this shit to ourselves?
>>
>live with parents
>drive to school
>massive scholarship

who /living cheap/ here?
>>
>>36409345
I'm /gi-bill/.
I literally get 1400 dollars a month to go to school for free.
>>
File: 1421880197086.jpg (43KB, 335x356px) Image search: [Google]
1421880197086.jpg
43KB, 335x356px
>1 year left
So fucking close my dudes
>>
>>36409345
Living with parents is shitty because they expect you to spend every damn weekend and evening helping their ass with housework.
>>
>>36409345
I have free housing in the dorms. The benefit is that I live free in an expensive city, the downside is that I live in the dorms all four years.
>>
File: (31).gif (513KB, 525x539px) Image search: [Google]
(31).gif
513KB, 525x539px
>meet someone new in class
>"hold old are you?"
>tell them my age
>they always go "woahh" or "phew, really?"
>>
File: nervous-pepe.jpg (8KB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
nervous-pepe.jpg
8KB, 218x218px
>>36409442
>meet cute girl at uni
>find out shes only 16
>>
File: i8woYDm.jpg (66KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
i8woYDm.jpg
66KB, 720x960px
>>36408869
thank you

would be more difficult for someone transferring into 2nd year? will people already have friend groups formed that will be hard to join?
t. person transferring and planning to live in dorms
>>
>>36410140
different guy, but I will say making friends in the dorms will be harder past freshman year. I knew everyone on my floor in my freshman dorm, became friends with a few of them too. On the other hand, I'm now a junior living in a different dorm and I don't even know who lives in the room next to me. This is mostly due to my own choice, because I already have friends and because I prefer staying in my room anyhow but there were still many opportunities for me to meet people had I wanted to. There's progrms put on by RA's and sometimes you'll find students playing cards or something in the common areas, just ask to join in.
>>
File: 1492195558293 (1).jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1492195558293 (1).jpg
34KB, 600x450px
An annoying, ugly, loud, fat girl who is in my student house left her shirt in the bathroom. I pee'd on it and rubbed poo into it. Anyone else devilish?
>>
File: 1488752039739.gif (458KB, 312x234px) Image search: [Google]
1488752039739.gif
458KB, 312x234px
>>36408380
iktf man, I plan to transfer out but my grades are going to shit in the engineering transfer program i'm in had 6 courses (about 25 hours a week in class) and it just wears you out.
only 3 exams left in the next week but i can see myself not/barely passing 2.
I had a nightmare last night about checking my grades and seeing 1.4 and 1.6 in those classes (engineering mechanics, and calc)
other than those at least my gpa is about 3.6 in the rest
i not sure how much i need to transfer to UBC but i really don't want to see the cunts from my classes again if i have to go to UVIC instead where most are transferring.
>>
I know this post will make me sound like a normie degenerate but trust me I'm not.
I've never had sex or a relationship with a woman.

>smoking weed for 4/20 (although I smoke every day)
>my roommate is friends with some girl in our dorm and she wants to smoke with us in our room
>talked to her once or twice, hung out with her and my roommate last weekend
>she likes talking to me and said she "really wanted to meet me" when I first talked to her, she thinks I'm really cool apparently
>guess we're smoking together tomorrow

Should I try anything?

My roommate apparently has another girl he talks to and hooks up with (he's friends with multiple girls which I cannot fathom as I don't know a single one) so I feel like maybe he's just friends with this one. I kind of want to see if there's anything up.
>>
>>36406030
>just got my first ever gf
>she's a virgin
>she's a year below me
>i'm graduating in 2 weeks

is the dream dead
I HAVE to make this work
>>
File: jIga4H6.png (35KB, 397x75px) Image search: [Google]
jIga4H6.png
35KB, 397x75px
>>36410196
Thank you, I'll try hanging out in common areas or maybe live in a multi-person dorm but that could be hit or miss but anything will be an improvement from my current state of 0 friends
>>
>Electrical Engineering 3rd year
>Circuits exam in 12 hours.
>Still pulling gpa up from sub 2.0 first year due to skipping classes and not trying.
Wish I could go back in time, so much I'd do differently. Also missed opportunities with girls...
>>
>have to get essentially a B on both my 3rd exam and Final in one class to get a C
>have to get literally 100% on final for another to get a C
>if I dont get a C in at least one of these I might get kicked out again

seriously the only reason i havent considered suicide yet is cause im hoping for As in my other classes
>>
File: 1445635269174.png (329KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1445635269174.png
329KB, 750x750px
>prof straight up makes his final optional
>good enough grade that i dont need to take it
fuck yes. only 3 finals next week
>>
File: 1492448379314.jpg (44KB, 720x716px) Image search: [Google]
1492448379314.jpg
44KB, 720x716px
>>36410593
basically my situation. Just too damn lazy to do any work until the day before.
>>
>>36410593
I've been in the same boat anon. Luckily haven't been suspended.
What's your major?
>>
>>36410484
Do first year classes still affect your chances of employment and scholarship?
Best of luck on circuits exam anon
>>
Anyone else still can't decide on their major? I'm doing STEM general requirements, but I need to figure out my major in 2 months and I have no idea what to pick.
>>
>>36410367
Sounds like she's more into your roommate desu if he's the one inviting her places. Try talking to her more tomorrow and then getting her number. You may have a shot, just kind of gauge her reaction. If she genuinely enjoys talking to and thinks you're interesting, you're already farther than most guys.
>>
>>36410788
Thanks
Scholarships took a hit, and I'm in a co-op program so the gpa hurts when applying for jobs.
Improving track record might help. 2.65 after last semester, hopefully ~2.85 after this one.
I'm mostly able to retake classes to replace grades, so the future isn't too bleak.
>>
>>36410872
But if he fucks up then he has to deal with the roommmate being mad AND a girl living in his dorm spreading shit about him.

Big risk, big reward
>>
>>36406030
>have changed major from CS to business
>told that I'll be there for 4 more years because I need to have a 3.0 GPA to get into the business school
>realize hell will freeze over before I reach that goal
>change to undecided
>take tests for potential careers
>most of the answers pointed to CS or music
>realize I can either go back to CS and suck it up or go into music and suck it up

My mom made a good point a couple of days ago. Ever since I went to uni, I've become sad and uninterested about everything. It's because I've always lived on a day to day basis. I never had to worry about what my future would look like.

I also wanted to forget the fact that I won't put in effort because I'm too damn lazy to do anything beyond eat sleep and shit.

Uni was a mistake for me.
>>
>>36410925
I see so many people that shouldn't be in college.
Not because they aren't smart, it just isn't the environment for a lot of people.
I used to be one of them, but I changed my ways.
>>
>Chem engr senior
>double major in safety engr
>minor in chemistry
>graduate in December

>2 different job offers already making over $90k

>feels good man
>>
>>36410891
No girls know me anyway.

My roommate fucking loves me. He thinks I'm the coolest dude ever because I show him obscure music. He buys me alcohol with his fake ID whenever I ask him it's pretty nice. Good dude. I don't think I'd be able to piss him off.

>>36410872
I don't really know her though. We just kind of talked in a group when we were hanging out last weekend. She laughed at all my jokes though and she did explicitly say she "really wanted to meet me" before but not sure if she was trying to be nice. She knew my name and knew about me and everything so who knows what the deal is.

This may be a long shot but do you think my roommate is trying to hook me up with her? Doubt it but I'm pondering.
>>
>>36411037
Ask your roommate about her and gauge his reaction. It should be obvious if he's setting you up or himself.
If not, then be a bit more forward about your interest.
>>
>>36411096
What should I ask? Just like what's the deal with you and her or what? I don't want to make it too obvious that I'm attracted to her just in case.
>>
>>36411342
Just ask about her in general as small talk when you get a chance. Not about him and her.
Slip in a "Think she's into me?" during the conversation.
If all else fails, just laugh it off. This is a very safe play.
>>
>tfw too much of a brainlet for STEM

Now what do I do?
Fuck.
I hate engineering
>>
>>36411784
Learn a trade or do engineering tech
Trade will be physically demanding, harder later in life
Eng tech might pay slightly less then regular engineering, is marginally less challenging
(not calc based, more hands on and project/team oriented)
Always make sure the program is ABET accredited
>>
I'm entering the workforce and becoming a productive member of society. I also cemented my kv status forever because I can't hold relationships in my next job.

If I don't find any meaning in my life in the next 2 years, I will end it.
>>
File: 1491811849284.png (12KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491811849284.png
12KB, 246x200px
>exam in 12 hours
>skipped over 50% of classes
>no idea about content
why am I like this
>>
>>36407804
embrace autistry and don't be a traitor
>>
>>36412217
same
fuck me
>>
File: picardy.gif (151KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
picardy.gif
151KB, 128x128px
>>36412280
suicidal thoughts, but not actions
>>
Japanese is the only class I enjoy
>>
>check my grades

welp. I really did it this time.

see you guys on the streets or in the news. if the former, i'll be the one sleeping on a park bench. if the later, check the obituaries.
>>
File: 1479183460119.png (44KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1479183460119.png
44KB, 658x662px
>tfw need perfect grades for my next assessment otherwise I automatically fail the class and the exam will be useless for me
>>
>>36406030
>Well, we're almost done with the semester
I fucking wish
we're right in the middle

and I keep asking myself if my life is going anywhere
this is the only thing that I want to study, but it's all bullshit

I don't want to quit, it makes no sense
but from time to time I really feel down and nothing makes sense
>>
>>36412217
Browsing 4chan at 5am too. 6 hours left and know 0% of the content. Why am I like this indeed.
>>
>>36410925
>Ever since I went to uni, I've become sad and uninterested about everything.

fuck now that you say it, it's the same for me
>>
Keep going anon! You can do that assignment and pass that exam! There's no other way but forward. You're going to be alright, just keep going, keep going, keep going!
>>
>>36414818
>exam at 1:00pm
>it's Chem, so can't Eben cram for it
I envy the majors who only have to worry about essays.
>>
>>36413642
>>36413727
>>36414818
>>36412217
What goes through your minds when you look at a schedule and see an exam that's 1-2weeks away?
>>
>>36407426
Your still above 3.5 handily. Its totally worth it. Happy for you anon.
>>
>>36415160
>1-2 weeks is a long time
experience has shown it isn't

also:
>you're smart so cramming will work for you
if I was smart then I wouldn't be cramming in the first place
>>
>>36414912
>anime isn't real
i do not want continue live
>>
File: miller.gif (55KB, 678x422px) Image search: [Google]
miller.gif
55KB, 678x422px
>>36415397
>experience has show that it isn't
My courses literally have 3 weeks between each exam, what's a long time for you?
>>
>>36406835
Rip in peece champerino famalino ding.dong
>>
File: GTOfficialLogo.jpg (253KB, 1991x665px) Image search: [Google]
GTOfficialLogo.jpg
253KB, 1991x665px
>been interning for two years, throughout college as well
>try to put in as much time as possible, cause my boss is flexible with my hours
>can't really do all that much in the school year because pic related
>think my boss is getting tired of my shit, since I could only do like 10hrs/week during school
>she's transferring me to a different team
>might not be able to keep the job and have it secured by the time I graduate in December
I'm scared bros. Any ATLanon down to meet up?
>>
>>36416206
>being this new

Senpai no one likes you. On a different note, how far is Atlanta from the appalachian trail?
>>
>>36416109
a week; once I had like 2 exams on one day and one the previous night before
>>
>>36416233
You can get to the trail by hiking up Amicalola Falls. The falls are like 70-80 miles away from Atlanta, about 40-50 miles away from the North Atlanta area.
Don't see how wanting to meet an anon makes me new, I've seen it happen fairly often in /uni/.
>>
>>36406030
>mfw I calculated my scores and have to make atleast a 60% minimum on my final to pass the course since its worth 30%

Fuck my life. Anything below 60% is going to make me fail,
>>
>two minute speech in an hour
I wouldn't be worried except it's to the public, not to my class, which makes it much more stressful. This is my second to last assignment this year though so I can pretty much relax when today's finally over
>>
>>36416703
If you can't pass the final you don't deserve to pass the class desu. 60% is a fucking D
>>
File: augustine_2.jpg (363KB, 1344x1344px) Image search: [Google]
augustine_2.jpg
363KB, 1344x1344px
>lab grade needs to be 150 to pass the course
>class median is 45 points
Will he really fail almost all of us, robots?
>>
>>36406135
Law, Medicine, Engineering, Economy, Technology, Police (not sure what the degree is called). Or anything if you know how to use the degree
>>
>>36410140
I don't like GIF. It's a non-free, proprietary image format. I prefer JPEG and PNG.
>>
>>36419527
but no one stops you from posting GIF's here, this would only matter to you if you were a web designer or something
>>
File: 1492693572695.png (68KB, 633x759px) Image search: [Google]
1492693572695.png
68KB, 633x759px
>like 3 weeks until finals
>3 weeks to ask a qt out
>even if I miraculously succeed, I'm going back home for the summer and I live 4 hours away

what do
>>
>>36420362
I bet you use Windows too. GIF is spying on your internet usage, Wake up sheeples!
>>
>>36418118
You're retarded if you think im going to be able to remember all that stuff from earlier this yea.
Final culmative.
>>
>>36420662
>sheeple
They can look at the porn I watch, I don't care. I'm a white straight man, I'm literally the least likely group to become persecuted for anything. inb4 muh redpill
>>
>>36420710
Americans are too spoilt. In most countries in Europe, the grade in your final exam is 100% of your grade. You don't get points for sitting in a room, or for the homework you copied from someone else. Can't remember anything on the final? F failed. Cheating on your finals? Exmatriculation.
>>
Just failed two classes, one on a technicality and one that I knew I was going to fail and gave up on after missing the drop out deadline by 3days.

Edmonton is a shithole
>>
I have fucked it so hard lads, got a presentation and thesis for next week and have to completely do and practice the former whilst doing another 7000 words on the latter

its my last semester and I have fucked it lel
>>
NEW THREAD

>>36418530

>>36418530

>>36418530

GO GO GO
>>
>>36423250
fuck off, use CTRL F in the catalog next time
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.