[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to become an expert in something (preferably something

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1484677520961.jpg (59KB, 435x374px) Image search: [Google]
1484677520961.jpg
59KB, 435x374px
>want to become an expert in something (preferably something niche)
>don't have any passions

Throws some suggestions at me anons
>>
>>36397309
do you mean like a hobby or just knowledge
>>
>>36397309
Law or politics. That shit can be fun.
>>
Do programming, if you have decent knowledge of Python, you can do some trolly stuff. Python is easy to understand, and you can create a program that does exactly what you want it to do.
>>
>>36397309
Cinema, it can fill your life for real, and makes it easy to start a conversation
>>
unicycle clown
>>
Whittling
Cooking
Stonecarving
Painting
Composing
>>
>>36397570
Knowledge. As in, you know when you come across someone who knows an inordinate amount about one single thing.

And then hopefully making a hobby out of learning at some point.
>>
>>36397592
I'm trying to get into politics as it's the only thing I really enjoy learning about. I'm particularly interested in political psychology, though I haven't taken any steps to learning much about it. Any foundational texts?
>>
>>36397309
Collecting rocks.
>>
>>36397309
neuroprosthetics
mixed reality
cyberpunk
>>
>>36397309
Gardening and cooking are pretty good, if I say so myself.
>>
>>36398031
all options are amazing if you can dedicate the time to them
I'd personally love to carve shit out of wood more often but I'm either too depressed or studying, making your own pipes and smoking cheap tobacco out of them is fucking amazing though all you need is a small drill/dremel and a stick
>>
Are you looking for something inexpensive?
>>
>>36398720
I'm looking for something knowledge-based that I can learn through solitary study. Sorry should have made it clearer in the OP.
>>
Anon you can invest in meme cryptocoins and learn with me about them.
>>
>>36399007
How does one do this?

I still don't understand how bitcoins etc work.
>>
>>36398920
Even though it was suggested earlier, trivia or computer programming would be two great things to look at. If you like reading and world building, I would also suggest writing short stories or just writing in general. There is a lot to learn about how to write well and it can be very rewarding.
>>
>>36399058
1.-Use your real money to buy bitcoin from one of the many sellers.
2.- Use said bitcoins to buy other cryptocurrency (bitbeans are the most memeworthy)
3.-?????
4.- Profit(or not).
>>
>>36399101
Trivia is something I've always been interested in. I love watching game shows, a lot more so than anyone I've met.

As for writing - I'm coming to the end of an English degree but I've never written anything creative. The thought of it scares me and I'm not sure why. I know there's plenty to be gained from it (vocab consolidation, improved communication skills, the pleasure of creation) but man I can't bring myself to actually write. It doesn't help that I'm a very unimaginative person who can't think up a story for shit.
>>
>>36398283
They're minerals, you fucking normie
>>
>>36399239
I've only ever been good at writing creatively. Writing lab reports is the worst.

Trivia is one of those things that isn't particularly useful, but you just learn interesting tidbits about everything.
>>
>>36399396
What kinda stuff do you write? Have you noticed a drastic improvement between now and when you began?

Trivia is good for conversing but not much else. I dunno I just enjoy accumulating unrelated scraps of info.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.