[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously why aren't you all using exclusively gnu+linux?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: 577ji08lo9sy.png (69KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
577ji08lo9sy.png
69KB, 512x512px
Seriously why aren't you all using exclusively gnu+linux?
>>
because I've just goaaaaasfj dsdjd sakd
>>
because linux is free only if your time is worthless
>>
>>36396910
I'm exclusively mac :)
>>
I'm a linux user and not a programmer. Half the time I'm confused as fuck when downloading anything.
>>
Gaming, what else?
I will also never be fully free of windoze, because good luck getting companies to use it exclusively.
>>
>>36396987

TFW being too autistic to learn how to use linux
>>
I do on my laptop but I don't like playing games in WINE so I have Cancer 10 on my tower pc.
>>
I am.

I feel mentally deficient every time I have to use Windows. It's like they designed an OS for people with downs.
>>
>>36396910
ofcourse you're a pass owner, aspie
>>
I never saw the reason to. All I know about linux is that weirdo tryhards like it. That's it. They never even say why they like it.
>>
>>36397077
tfw you're autistic enough to know how to
>>
File: 1485122367630.jpg (15KB, 223x215px) Image search: [Google]
1485122367630.jpg
15KB, 223x215px
>>36397100
what's wrong with having a pass?
>>
>>36397107
This, all you get in these threads is various autists posting screens like this >>36397077 or a bunch of nerds calling windows shit

Not a single entry about the reasons why to switch your os
>>
>>36397132
It's literally for shitposters, a comment should always take you atleast a minute to write, making the pass useless. And if you actually want to give money to this site, good job I guess lmao
>>
>>36397107
>>36397134

You get full control over every aspect of how your computer works

It's easier and works better than windows

It doesn't spy on you

free

greater stability/

No forced windows updates.

Works great even on 10+ year old hardware
>>
>>36397134

>implying we give a shit
>implying we want you to use my superior OS of choice
>implying we want to dilute our community of power users with normies like you
>>
Why don't you have a standing desk?
Why don't you go vegan?
Don't you know how bad it is to sit on your ass all day and how many animals suffer, yeah you're that guy
>>
>>36397187
All of these are true and good ideas
>>
>>36396910

it makes my laptop screen buzz
>>
File: 1460006787976.jpg (59KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1460006787976.jpg
59KB, 500x499px
>>36397156
I enjoy supporting my favorite image forum tho
>>
>>36396910
It isn't up to standard, people use other platforms because they're enthusiasts who are fed up of Microsofts shitty practices. They aren't doing it by choice. I want to use linux but half of what I need is reliant on windows unless I want to fiddle around with programs that make me feel like I'm fisting a pig with a gecko.
>>
>>36396910
Im afraid of change, you should know that
>>
>>36397171
Aight, full control of every aspect of my computer? Care to expand on that, or give some examples of useful shit?

>it doesn't spy on you
sorry to burst your bubble but you're not save either
>free
fair enough
>greater stability
aight
>no forced windows updates
neither here using win 7
>>
>>36397187
>standing desk

How much liberalism do you need to think that that is a great idea?
>>
>>36396910
Cause of Vidya addiction
>>
>>36397171

>You get full control over every aspect of how your computer works

Can you give an example? I can easily sort my anime pictures however I want instead of picking from prechosen "by date", "by name"? (like we could already do in XP before windows change it) Can I hook my phone to my computer and make it so I can play my phone games on the big screen without an emulator etc?

>It's easier and works better than windows

How does it work better? I've never used windows and felt like "oh no this is too hard". Windows isn't hard for me, at least. I also never felt like windows was unstable. I use Windows 7 though, not sure about 10.

>free

No comment on this, but most people don't pay for windows.

>No forced windows updates.

I guess this is a point but updates don't bother me. It seems like a very minor thing to want to switch over. overall none of these really make the case for me but if I can do something really cool and anime related with linux then I might switch.

Thanks for the tips though I'd need to see really good concrete examples of fun stuff to do with linux that will pique my interest more.
>>
>>36397236
>>36397292

There is at least 2-3 alternatives for every part of the os

Don't like systemD? use coreboot or libre boot.

Don't like grub, use syslinux

don't like gnome? use one of the other 15 DE's

Don't have the system resources for a de?
use i3- or sway or dwg or awesomewm

Don't like xorg, use wayland.

There's a drop in replacement for basically every single part of the operating system.

At least with linux there isn't a built in keylogger that sends your data to Microsoft's servers.
Not to mention the way windows installs programs is fucking autistic, Package managers are the future dawg
>>
Because the majority of GNU programs have a shit GUI that is more painful to use than cancer
>>
>>36397326
pls dont joke about cancer
>>
File: lewd.png (396KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
lewd.png
396KB, 1366x768px
>>36396910
arch linux is the shit here is what I got like a year ago after playing with it.
>>
>>36397171
>You get full control over every aspect of how your computer works
i get to update microcode manually?
no?
you're a lying piece of shit
>It's easier and works better than windows
objectively not true
>It doesn't spy on you
invalid point if your cpu is newer than a core 2 duo
>greater stability/
MOOOM X BROKE AGAIN CANCEL MY MEETINGS
>No forced windows updates.
in fact, aside from a few distros which are regulary maintained, no updates in general!
>Works great even on 10+ year old hardware
if you're willing to sacrifice whatever was achieved software and UI design wise in those last 10 years

desktop linux is a phase you grow out of
>>
>>36397337
I wasn't joking. I'd rather have cancer again, rather than be forced to use GNU programs
>>
File: NGE 0399.jpg (212KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
NGE 0399.jpg
212KB, 600x600px
Convince me and I'll convert my desktop to Linux also.

Main thing is I have a network card that only seems to work when installing it's driver via a CD provided by them. Doesn't work out of the box with Linux. Any fix for that without going crazy in depth with it?

Second thing is I use a USB DAC for my audio. Has a driver on Windows 10 and works fine, but I tried it on Linux and it was completely unresponsive.

If you can tell me how to fix those I'll switch over. I already switched over my laptop to Ubuntu + i3 and I love it so much.
>>
>>36397325
>There is at least 2-3 alternatives for every part of the os

What does this do for me in concrete terms though? What if I told you I don't care about grub or gnome or xorg? Tell me a story about what I could do with linux as a stay at home girlfriend that makes my life better and more fun? Right now you are just saying instead of [computer thing 1] use [computer thing 2] which means no more than "instead of windows use linux".

Also if my computer is being keylogged by microsoft how come they don't care I have a pirate copy?
>>
File: 1413078507370-2.jpg (76KB, 580x346px) Image search: [Google]
1413078507370-2.jpg
76KB, 580x346px
But I am, anon. LInux on an x220 is my daily driver and I couldn't ask for anything more. Ever since I grew out of playing games I've never needed anything I couldn't do in linux and it's great.
>>
>>36397134
linux fits my minimalist lifestyle.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.