[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Anons?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: user-girl-friends-pt2-500-6.jpg (97KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
user-girl-friends-pt2-500-6.jpg
97KB, 500x529px
Anyone here in the army or any kind of service? (Navy, Marines, Etc) Did joining give your life any purpose or fix anything? My therapist keeps trying to get me to join, as there's nothing else for me to do, but I'm not confident four years of service would fix anything about my horrible depression and outlook on life. Would it? I've heard they "break you down and rebuild you" but that seems kind of too good to be true. Appreciate anyone with experience of anykind's response.
>>
>>36392086
she's probably working for the kikes seeking more sheep to kill and die in the name of Israel
>>
>>36392086
>My therapist keeps trying to get me to join
what a fucking shitty therapist
>>
>>36392681
might be good for him, you don't know his specific case history.
>>
>>36392086
Air Force enlisted here, join up it's a lot more fun than being a useless NEET
>>
>>36392086
I don't expect it to fix my horrible outlook on life. But it gives me a job and helps me move out of my toxic parents house.
>>
>>36392086
>My therapist keeps trying to get me to join
GODDAMN RECRUITER IN DISGUISE, MOTHERFUCKER - HAS HE NO DECENCY TO GO TO SUCH EXTREMES TO FIND ANOTHER FOR THE MEAT GRINDER?
>>
>>36392086
Its all good until you go on deployment and everyone gets depressed together causing a shit ton of unneeded stress. Did 4 deployments in 4 years as a BM. That's not normal yo.
>>
Military is cool. Resiliency training helped me a lot. Stuff like SHARP first time I had the class I either thought it was common sense or some of it was like how is that even possible? But then when I thought about it I kind of realized I was from a broken home and they were right about it I didn't really have the right perspective or knowledge to know any better about some of the stuff. The training is cool if you value knowing cool stuff.
If you just want a regular job for money you could do worse. I really only consider my military service the only worthwhile thing I've done for the most part. It contributes to something bigger and better while just making everything else better in the process. The world would be so fucking ugly and in so much more trouble if it didn't have the U.S. military.
>>
Prior service Army here

If your therapist says to enlist, you won't be able to get in.

You need to be out of therapy for a certain time period before MEPS will even consider letting you enlist.

And no, the Army or any other branch will not "fix" whatever mental issues you may have.

The whole "break you down and rebuild you" is something spouted by civilians who don't know much about the military. They break the civilian out of you and rebuild you into a soldier/marine/etc. Whatever issues you had going in are only going to be compounded when you get to basic training/boot camp and be even worse when you hit the Big Army, Fleet, etc.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.