[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this movie?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (231KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
231KB, 1280x720px
Thoughts on this movie?
>>
One of the many movies I won't see this year. Trailer looked like garbage, ScarJo sucks, and I've never seen GitS nor have the desire to
>>
>>36388247
I love Scarlett but seriously nobody asked for this movie .
>>
File: 1340392708341.png (148KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1340392708341.png
148KB, 700x700px
>>36388247
It borrowed elements from the original movie, part 2, stand alone complex and the OVA's. It was fantastic. Kino even.
>>
It was less bad than I expected. You have to consider it a success whenever a Hollywood anime adaptation turns into anything other than dogshit.

Still, I'll gladly watch any cyberpunk film as long as it's got them A E S T H E T I C S.
>>
Aesthetics + I want to fill scarjo up with babybatter.

So I probably found it to be better than most.
>>
I was open minded and optimistic about it but it was a steaming pile of convoluted shit, horrible overused aesthetics and color palettes, redundant backdrops, acting was horrible, stiff, boring. Main character was incredibly tryhard with acting and walked like a fucking goon and might as well have read her lines in binary. Story pieced together to form a piece of shit. The most iconic scenes from the anime and movies recreated in this movie were dogshit and embarrassing. Batou might as well have glued on pepperoni on his face. Everyone had retarded anime hairstyles too. Trannies everywhere in the city. Takeshi Kitano just sat in a chair and spoke Japanese while wearing an anime wig and everyone spoke in English to him. It's shit.
>>
>>36388247
I guess it could have been much worse, but I didn't like it. It was bland, boring, forgettable and the scenes they took from the 1995 movie felt cheap. Some parts looked nice, but the holograms in the buildings looked weird.

I didn't wanted to see it, but my family made me. The worst part is that it wasn't even so bad it was good, just mediocre so I couldn't complain enough about it when I watched it.
>>
the visuals were really cool at least. Tons of stuff in the movie visually speaking is really well done so if you're into that stuff its worth watching. Mediocre writing and pacing aside.
>>
>>36388247
Idk, maybe if you were a GitS fan it might be cool to see your characters live in a Hollywood production, but imo 4/10.
Story's bland, Disney-like depth and motive, also treats you like an idiot and every 10-15 min reminds you of the concept of "ghost" in the "shell". Insulting.
>>
>>36388247
I'd give it a 7/10. 5 of those points go toward Pilou Asbaek's perfect representation of Batou's character. The other 2 are because it looked pretty and I sperg out over anything cyberpunk or near-future sci-fi. Story-wise I was kind of disappointed it didn't follow the plot of the anime movie past like the first opening scene and felt that if it did it would have been more enjoyable even for people who had never seen the anime.
>>
little question i've had but what do you robots think of Drive?
>>
>>36388597
>maybe if you were a GitS fan it might be cool to see your characters live in a Hollywood production
I think the reverse, that's it's probably only possible to derive any joy from the film if you've never seen the originals.
>>
>>36388690
I liked the elevator scene.
>>
>>36388247
Watched this about a week ago in the cinema in 3D. Also a long time fan of GitS, read the manga, watched all the anime even the newer ones.
Now, this movie was not a disappointment for me. I love SJ and think she's just fine for the role. I went watching it afraid that it might be a complete piece of shit like most remakes are, especially anime -> live action but as it turns out, the visuals are great and they managed to compile a pretty good new origins story from the original series. With things like this, it's really hard to take originality and such into account, but I feel that the choices that they made, such as not talking about the broader world of gits and not going word-for-word off the original script of lets say the 1995 anime adaptation worked just splendidly. I rated this movie 8/10 even though it's something like 6.5 in IMDB but I might not be the right person to judge it because I have a past with the series. I can only wonder how much worse the movie would be for someone who is new to the characters and the story. New origins story didn't bother me one bit.

Gotta watch this again when it comes on blu-ray. Might feel like a 7 then, seeing as the 3D really works in this kind of AESTHETIC AS FUCK movie.
Only real bummer is that the movie focused so much on Major and Batou and much of the original politics and "team work" of section 9 was much downplayed. Togusa and the rest are all magnificent characters and I would've loved to see more. As is the case with remakes like this, they've got a lot of ground to cover and I feel that this screams for a sequel, just like the world of warcraft film.
>>
>>36388690
I think it's pretentious dogshit.
>>
>>36388247
It's an OK movie you just have to look at it like a side part or just an alternative gits.
It's nothing like the original and if you expect it to be like that then you will be let down.
>>
File: 6355244162400.gif (2MB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
6355244162400.gif
2MB, 320x256px
>>36388247
Better than most other anime adaptations.
Nothing particularly bad, not even acting or the script, although it wasn't particularly good either. Had that Hollywood plot that americans love but you can see coming from miles away.

Scarjo received a lot of hate. Unjustified, imo. She is a competent actress. You have Her and Under the skin, as recent examples.
But you know, a lot of people hated the movie even before seeing it cause ''muh whitewashin'', which is 100% bullshit.

As most, I really liked the aesthetics, but didn't particularly liked most of the soundtrack.

Overall, the movie is a 6/10 for me.
>>36388770
>nly real bummer is that the movie focused so much on Major and Batou
Yeah, I saw some say that that was a good thing. But meh, I don't know.
The Major is interesting, sure, but part of what makes her character so good is that she is such a mystery... Developing her character is fine, but I couldn't give less of a shit about her past.
>>36388690
Great movie. 9/10 in my book.
I think is not a movie for normies, since they will focus on the action scenes
>>36388763
See what I mean?
>>36388788
Nah, Only God forgives is waaaaaaaay more pretentious.
Driver has much more subtlety.
>>
>>36388310
>>36388407
These. I liked it because of muh production value, and ScarJo being a qt. My expectations were kinda low for her after Lucy, so I'm glad she was back in form.

I thought the script was mediocre, though. It was decently plotted, and did a reasonable job of setting up the action, but the dialogue was unsatisfactory. The first five minutes in particular was pure cliche expositional drivel, and I couldn't stop cringing. I can only assume they kept it simple so it could be easily dubbed for foreign markets.
>>
>>36388247
It was excellent and only dumbass weebs thought it was bad
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.