[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who electric shaver here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 117145960606211p.jpg (95KB, 478x478px) Image search: [Google]
117145960606211p.jpg
95KB, 478x478px
Who electric shaver here?
>>
>>36387729
>Who electric shaver here?
me fuck razers
actually the shaver i have now was like less than 10 bucks can you recommend me a good one?
>>
>electric shaver

Doing it wrong.

You're supposed to use an electric TRIMMER, that way you don't get baby-face like you do with shaving, and you don't get ingrown hairs, ever, at all.
>>
>needing to shave
Go away Chad. This is a robot haven.
>>
yup, right here. I'm actually looking to pick up razors but I'm letting my facial hair grow for a while so fuck it.
>>
>>36387729
>Who electric shaver here?

I use baby oil and normal shit razors

I think my method might be the cheapest possible way to get a good shave

Baby oil is much, much cheaper than shaving cream and produces a vastly superior shave to shaving cream

A little $1 travel bottle lasted me half a year, and I use it for a lot more than just shaving

I think the only reason shaving cream is even popular is shaving company propaganda
>>
>not going with harry's
>>
>>36387729
>dad bought me an electric razor when I was about 15
>despite him shaving with regular razors never bothered to show me
I'm too scared to figure out how to do it, and electric razors take ages and never give you a good shave.
>>
>>36387897
Before I got an electric razor I just used water, worked fine for me. Shaving cream just seemed to get in the way.
>>
>>36387964
I wish we had some method to fight back against Big Shaving Cream desu

The only thing I can do is by word of mouth, it's hard convincing people shaving cream doesn't do shit

I guarantee 99% of people who try baby oil instead will like it
>>
>>36387986
Good luck to you, but I doubt it'll change any time soon. It's like how the reason toothpastes are real frothy is just because people didn't feel like it was really cleaning their teeth, so the companies added some chemical to froth up and that satisfied everyone. That same chemical's the reason why food tastes weird after brushing your teeth.

Lots of small shit like that because people are generally picky and stupid.
>>
I would, but i'm trying to maintain the shota aesthetic, so i have to get a closer shave

>tfw i cut myself every time
Sensitive skin feelsbadman
>>
>>36388061
Hi anon, have you ever considered using baby oil when you shave? Try it out! You'll love it!
>>
>>36388084
No, and the only reason I'm skeptical of your claims is because I've literally never had someone suggest this before. Now I must investigate :P
>>
File: 1lQqDWi.jpg (45KB, 720x716px) Image search: [Google]
1lQqDWi.jpg
45KB, 720x716px
>>36388107
>:P
im not even mad anymore, just sad that time went on after 2007.
>>
I haven't shaved since January.
It's nice, I stopped getting carded for cigarettes and beer awhile ago.
>>
>>36388084
Do you have any suggestions for achieving shaves that won't leave obvious remnants of facial hair? Do you think the baby oil will assist with this? I'm sick of using gel/foam garbage to shave with. I've got a high quality DE razor and blades, but it always goes to shit. It feels frustrating to have to always put so much effort into not having a minefield of dots on my neck and jawline.

It helps to go against the grain for this, but I doubt it does much, as the results tend to show.

What do I do for the closest/smoothest shave with the materials you suggest?

Also, what brand baby oil do you use/suggest?
>>
>>36388469

The brand of baby oil will not matter much - the lubricating effect of the baby oil is what causes it to be effective in shaving. This is something which shaving cream doesn't provide. In fact any kind of oil with a similar consistency could probably provide similar results.

Using baby oil I've gotten closer shaves than I have with anything else, which is why I use it.

But there are downsides - baby oil is significantly more viscous compared to any kind of more soapy cream or gel, resulting in "gunk" build up on your blades while shaving (you'll see what I mean) - although your shave will be smoother using baby oil this will accelerate the deterioration of your blade, the hair will also clump together under the blade.

>wont leave any remnants of facial hair
if your experience is anything like mine your shave will feel significantly smoother in the areas where blades are effective, but remnants of facial hair are more caused by the design of the blade itself in my experience, the width of the blade simply can't reach into all the contours of a human face. I've never been happy with the smoothness just below the tip of my chin or around my jaw. Unless the shape of the blade itself is changed I'm not sure there's anything you can do about that

>helps to go against the grain
depending on how sensitive your skin is this might not be a good idea, and might be what's causing those dots or pimple-like things after a shave (razor burn)
go with the grain first, then perpendicular to the grain, then against the grain - if you are feeling resistance it might be irritating your skin and causing those "dots". The baby oil has definitely helped with this for me however, because it's also a moisturizer, it prevents that irritation to some extent. It's good for your skin in general.

what do I suggest, just baby oil and the blades you have now, although its likely you'll have to replace the blade much more often unless you maintain it well
>>
File: 51BnXUR1HaL._SL1500_.jpg (62KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
51BnXUR1HaL._SL1500_.jpg
62KB, 1000x1000px
Yeah, I shave with it once a week.
>>
File: 1280px-Chrome-Safety-Razor.jpg (89KB, 1280x871px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Chrome-Safety-Razor.jpg
89KB, 1280x871px
>>36387729
I used an electric shaver when I first began shaving because I never really knew my father and nobody was there to teach me how to shave, and I felt a hell of a lot safer with one of those than an actual razor blade.

These days, though, I use a double-edged safety razor.
>>
>have an electric shaver and trimmer

Fuck razors tbqh.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.