[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does therapy even work? I cant form human connection anymore...

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

does therapy even work?

I cant form human connection anymore...
>>
>>36381656
>does therapy even work?

Yeah but it's one of those bullshit "you have to help yourself" things. It's not like a magic pill or something.
>>
it is mostly a meme, psychology is a mess

I mean for serious mental illness the normies might go into the science properly, but with lesser therapy they are just like "whatever"
>>
>>36381728
phug, well i already got pills

>>36381738
yeah i took it in highschool and realized it was a disgusting misuse of the word "science"
>>
>>36381656
It works for normies with meme depression who want placebo pills and a human diary.

>I cant form human connection anymore...
Is it social anxiety that you want therapy for? Loneliness?
>>
>>36382690
im very lonely. I go about my day and pretend to be a normie, but i just cant open up with anyone.
>>
>>36382754
They can't tell you anything you can't read online or hear from a friend. It's fucking expensive too.

It feels very depressing to pay someone who couldn't care less.
>>
>>36382973
well my univ has free ones. idk if they're any good, but I doubt I could honestly tell someone how I feel
>>
>>36381656
>does therapy even work?
Want to know a secret?
Therapy is a crapshoot. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. We never know. If it does work, it's because of the placebo effect. Surprise: You can't talk diseases away.
Antidepressants rarely work, either. They have been proven to be just as effective as sugar pills.

Basically, those with depression are basically fucked for good.
>>
>>36381656
I tried tharapy and it did absolutely nothing for me. If anything, it made me worse. Don't go
>>
>>36383204
so should i just become a heroin addict or what?

>>36383219
> it made me worse
how so?
>>
Therapy is just talking to a normie who is paid to be nice to you.
>>
>>36383358
screencap this post
>>
File: redpill.png (956KB, 896x728px) Image search: [Google]
redpill.png
956KB, 896x728px
therapy is a meme.
antidepressants are a meme.
hard drugs work, but only temporarily. they're also expensive and unhealthy.
you're fucked and nothing will help you in the long term. deal with it.
>>
>>36383373
m'Capped.
>>
>>36383251
I won't lie to you; heroin is the shit. The best part is the fact that the addiction isn't instant. You can do heroin once and never again with no adverse effects.
Once you get addicted, though, ho boy.
>>
>>36383419
>you're fucked and nothing will help you in the long term. deal with it.
how? with heroin?
>>
>>36383524
No, with suicide. Obvs
>>
>>36383524
if you have the money and a dealer, sure, heroin is a good option. make sure to od before money runs out. fun fact: on heroin you won't even give a shit that you're dying.
>>
>>36383564
sounds c o z y
I once got loads of morphine in the hospital and it was one of the best tiems of my life
>>
>>36381656
Along with a major change in environment and medication that turned me into a zombie for a few months, certainly. However these are big things that happened during high school, and might not really be possible for adult NEETs, I'd definitely suggest it for anyone with serious depression or suicdal thoughts as long as it isn't a serious financial loss, because at that sort of point you don't have too much to lose, Don't be afraid of taking medication as long as you remember that you don't want to take it forever, anything is worth it as long as it helps you live a normal life and find things that make you happy on your own.
>>
>>36381728
Therapist only give you the tools, and in the case of robots, someone who they can vent to in a non judge mental way. You have to be willing to let them help you as well as improve yourself.

You can get the most expensive trainer in the world but if you dont lift the weights yourself you won't get any gains
>>
>>36382754
Why cant you open up to others? What do you mean by this?
>>
>>36383788
Idk it just makes me feel vulnerable. I give ppl little bits on the surface but never anything real
im like an onion, I got layers
>>
>>36383788
Not the same anon but I am also a closed off faggot. I am literally unable to tell people how I feel, its impossible to explain but its easier just to pretend to have no emotions and fake a smile than to tell people how I feel.
>>
>>36383358
holy shit this. It may work if you are a normie but for me it just confirmed what I already knew.
>>
>>36381656
if you are on /r9k/ and asking about therapy I would wager that you are too smart for that shit anyways. they will either shovel you some self-help "power of positive thinking" bullshit that they learned when they were pissing away their parent's money in school

Find a priest OP. bless
>>
>>36383910
>>36383899
Being unable to properly communicate with other people is rarely a self-contained problem. At some point in your life something may have triggered you into distancing yourself, and you just kept that conduct out of habit. Now its grown into your personality and it will be hard to fix, depending on how old you are. Can you identify the momento this began?
>>
>>36384259
Im 20 and I think it happened when I was like 12 because my family moved a few times and I lost all my oldest friends. Then my brother enlisted. And then I went to univ in another state. I have friends so to speak but im not close with anyone
>>
>>36381656
It depends on the therapist

90% of therapists won't be able to help a robot at all

However, if you money to spare, it's worth trying. Don't be afraid to quit therapists and try new ones. Keep testing and trying until you find a therapist who's a good fit for you
>>
>>36384508
So you lost the deep conection you had with people that were very close to you and now you distance yourself preventively to new acquaintances. You shared good memories with them and it must have hurt to realize that it was over, there was not going to be a next time with them. Maybe it even bothered you that some of them didn't even seem to be fazed by this and you decided to compliment their cold attitutde by adopting some of it on your own. Now each time you find a new possible firendship you remember that friendships can only have bitter ends and try to avoid it so that you dont get hurt again.

Do you identify with some of this? I hope you do, there is only so much one can do to know others through posts on an image board. I definitely recommend a therapist, fixing this on your own will take a long time and it will be much faster and easier if you have someone willing and qualified to help you through it. But beware, there are a lot of bad therapists out there. A good therapist will sit with you and try to talk you into knowing yourself, he will make the tough questions to which only you have the answers and then will ask you to come up to a solution to your problems when you're ready. A bad therapist will give you a shitty psychology quiz, talk to you for ten minutes and send you home with a bottle of pills. Finding a young male therapist is your best bet, and an old female your worst (based on personal experience). Avoid school/uni therapists at all costs! Don't give in to other temptations like drugs. They provide a distraction and a temporary fix, but the problem will reamin unsolved and it will still be waiting for you once you recover your senses.

Best of luck! And dont forget to come back to post results, good or bad. I'm sure a lot of people here have the same problem and will be interested to know how you did, myself included.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.