[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retail/Fastfoodcuck Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: retail.jpg (64KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
retail.jpg
64KB, 900x675px
I applied to Tim Hortons, lads. What am I in for?
>>
>>36379822
GET MY ORDER RIGHT
>>
>>36379822
>What am I in for?
an annoying interview followed by a several week wait where you hear nothing from them, then finally getting a call to tell you that you didn't get the job
>>
>>36379891
what the fuck really?

I've been through enough of this dogshit, i applied to five different Starbucks a month back and literally got my rejection email today
>>
>>36379822
It depends on when your shift is.

Mornings are hell on earth, mid-day is decent, afternoons and evenings are the best, overnight is usually okay.

It also depends on the location.
>>
>>36380040
i applied to one on an intersection attached to a gas station.
>>
>>36380070
Those are pretty good. You won't get a lot of late-night riff-raff or even that much at all like other locations, and also not a bunch old ladies that hang out all day and spill everything all the time. It'll be twice as busy as other locations though.
>>
>>36380129
yeah, from what i can tell it's mostly drive-thru. That's mostly why i applied there, i fucking hate having to sit there awkwardly with a bunch of people around.
>>
>it's a 'the manager left a bunch of broken shit lying around and ran off as soon as you show up and doesn't tell you about it and now customers are bitching at you like you did it' episode
>>
Does anybody work at target and if so as what. I work at the sales floor just putting reshops back and stocking shit, occasionally get asked by guest stupid questions about where shit is because they are so fucking retarded. Hate the cashiers cuz the always call of and we at the sales floor have to fill in for those fuckers.
>>
>>36380250
We had Targets up in Canada to replace Zellers and they lasted like 10 months in the country before it all went bankrupt.

Target is pretty shit.

Now it's mostly all just a bunch of wal-marts, which is a step up.
>>
>>36380308
yeah, zellers was so much better. we haven't even taken the target sign down at the mall i'm near.
>>
File: 1340984060911.gif (499KB, 220x283px) Image search: [Google]
1340984060911.gif
499KB, 220x283px
>>36379822

>applying to food service jobs

Don't. Even minimum wage cucktail jobs are better than food service work.
>>
>>36380409
I'm an 18 year old hs senior with literally no work experience. I have basically nowhere else to go but food shit.
>>
>>36380460
>>36380409

Supermarkets are a good compromise.

It's not as shitty as a fast food job, but they still hire anyone and everyone regardless of experience. They'll often hire literal retards as bagboys and cart-pushers.

I got my first job there at 17, no experience.
>>
>>36380556
i'll consider that if i dont get hired where i applied. thanks anon.
>>
>>36380460
>>36380556
Factory work Is always available
21 and I clean machines for 13 burgs
Or deliver if your not an autist or total poor fag
>>
>>36380697
sure thing. I worked as a bagboy/cart-pusher (I am not really retarded though) and it was a sweet deal, I should have never left.

A friend of mine also worked as an overnight stocker, it was fast-paced hard work but it was arguably the most robot job ever.

There was also this one guy who just hung out by the back between all the recycled cans and crates of produce. He was just sort of always there in the cold darkness like a goblin, I'm not even sure that he actually worked there

Anyways really any position in a supermarket is pretty cozy. Working at the cash isn't the best for robots, but they usually only hire like cute college girls for that.
>>
>>36379822
>tfw did meme degree
>tfw can't find f/t job
>tfw need cash
>tfw get interview for kitchenhand
>tfw meme degree is utterly worthless

who else knows these feels?
i feel like dying :(
>>
They will make you stand for your entire shift. You will not be able to sit down while you are at work and repeating endless tasks until you get to go home. Then you do this each day and it will slowly wear you down. I ended up overworking a tendon in my knee and it hurt
wageslavery is not worth it
>>
>>36381221
I'm going for poli sci so I'm sure I'll know that feel soon.
>>
I work at Burger King, and I get really pissed off when people make huge orders (most of the time while we are getting slammed already) and then get an attitude when it takes longer than two minutes to get their food out.
>>
>>36380308
So I'm guessing Canada is full of niggers and spics? Target is 1000x better than WM.
>>
>>36381221
srs question, how do people get cucked into taking meme degrees?
>>
>>36382174

other canadian here, target just didn't feel right... the shelves were empty, lighting was bad, everything about it was just so drab and depressing

only thing it had going for it was having starbucks inside, don't go there myself but most people like it
>>
>>36382429

They changed it then I guess, cause here it's a wayyyyyy better shopping experience than Walmart
>>
>>36382462

not sure why but it was like some sort of massive sad dollar store
>>
>>36382262
>>36381221
Did a meme poli sci degree here

Got a job at the department of health and Human services , ie the welfare agency

You could not script this level of ironing
>>
>>36382429
I liked Target, way better than Walmart and less shitty people with the same prices.

I was genuinely sad when they said they were leaving.
>>
>>36382429
I thought that was just a problem with the one in my city. I didn't know they were all like that. I gave it the nickname of North Korea because of the empty shelves and partial lighting.

It was still nice though, much nicer than Walmart.
>>
holy FUCK, worst job ever.
I'm a supervisor. It fucking sucks. Ask me questions.
>>
>>36382262
>19
>gay cunt dad is like "son you should do journalism you'd be good at it XXDDD"
>stupid 19 year old me listens to gay cunt dad
>here i am

I want to go back and do a non-meme degree - but I'm not sure what's a meme and what isn't any more.
>>
>>36382918
>department of health and Human services
Aus?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.