[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Niche Interests or Hobby's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

File: Vexillology Flag.png (18KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Vexillology Flag.png
18KB, 450x300px
Do you robots have any niche hobby's or interests?
>>
>>36379379
Violin making never mentioned on 4chan not even mentioned in /diy/
>>
>>36379746
Sounds like one of the hardest things you could ever do. I play and sometimes I can't help but take long looks at the Craftsmanship in a violin. Everything is so perfectly proportional and surprisingly sturdy, from the f-holes to the sound post to the carvings on the bridge. It's amazing.
>>
i like to keep fish and snakes
>>
File: 1477415869841.jpg (6KB, 198x248px) Image search: [Google]
1477415869841.jpg
6KB, 198x248px
I paint 28mm figures for table top wargames.
>>
>>36379379
I keep bees and tend to my raspberry bushes. I make mead as a source of income, but it started as a cheap drunken hobby.
>>
>>36379875
Do you make aquarium's or ponds and habitats for them?
>>
>>36379827
I was considering buying 1 expensive violin then i reconsider it and decided to better make it , right now im learning and searching for the best wood dealer around.
>>
I play paintball every now and then. Its kinda a dead sport round my parts so it's pretty lame.

My family is building a new shed/workshop. Im going to try and build a trebuchet. Have some woodworking experience, so just need to come up with a design.
>>
learning Chinese.. if it counts as a hobby
>>
>>36379997
Always wanted to make mead. I bought all the ingredients and equipment once as a project with a friend. But then my parents said they didn't want me making booze in the house.

Gardening is fun to. I usually can't grow anything half decent except for peas and beans though. Some squash and cucumbers too if it was a good year and I got lucky.
>>
>>36379379
I obsessively collect grime records.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psZnQSBo1E0

I'm also trying to set up a club night, but it's hard, when you're the only one in town who likes grime
>>
>>36379379
Your pic reminded me, I used to know how to tie a gorillion different knots. Then I realized I never had any need to tie knots and lost interest in them.

its a shame because I'm certain that one day I'll find myself in a situation where I need to tie a knot and I'll think "I know exactly the best knot to use for this, but I forgot how to tie it years ago"
>>
File: double-fishermans.jpg (60KB, 728x713px) Image search: [Google]
double-fishermans.jpg
60KB, 728x713px
>>36380696
I learned how to tie a single knot when I was in the Army Cadets. The fisherman. Simple as fuck knot but I use it all the time.
>>
>>36379379
I like listening to people's problems. It's almost an obsession for me. I need to listen to people and help them. It's pretty fucked up.
>>
>>36380858
>become a therapist

that way you too can be completely original
>>
>>36380905
Plot twist: I'm already a therapist.
>>
>>36380517

You should give mead making another go, it's pretty easy to do and it's not like distilling so the risks are pretty minimal if you keep a clean environment while you brew.

Also with gardening practice makes perfect. I lucked out and had perfect soil for raspberries also they are pretty hardy bushes and they take quite a bit to kill. In fact it started with only one and then it grew out like weeds.
>>
I'm an amateur radio enthusiast. I just talk to random people.
>>
>>36380791
Could I trust this knot to break if I hang myself
>>
>>36381004
I was really excited to make my own mead. We even had homegrown apples to add for flavor. But my dad freaked out because he didn't know that mead is only like 10% and thought I was brewing moonshine or some shit.

Maybe once I get my own place I'll try it again.

As a side note the lady that worked at the local WineKitz was friendly and very helpful.

>>36381070
Just use a single piece of rope dummy.
>>
>>36379379
Most niche thing would probably be making paracord bracelets and keyfobs.
>>
I'm a fencer.
>>
>>36379379
traveling Rome, training in Africa, and returning to the US to fight in the upcoming Indian Wars (my nickname for the impending chaos) and earning myself a kingdom
>>
Imparo altre lingue. Ca me fait heureux, malgre le fait que je n'ai pas toujours le temps de pratiquer tous les jours.
>>
File: fence.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fence.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>36381131
Like this or more like chain-link?
>>
My niche interest is knowing how apostrophes work.
>>
>pro wrestling
>metal (mostly black and death, but others as well)
>video games

Hard to talk to girls or people in general because most girls don't share any of my interests and even if they did I don't know how to talk to people because I'm such a hermit homebody. I just like to sit and home and relax. I do enjoy one-on-one time with someone if we share the same interests and views. But I hate groups of people.
>>
>>36381301
You sound like a sweet person.
Also: what kind of video games? I'm interested.
>>
>>36381262

Oh please explain? I'm not very good at them as you can tell.
>>
>>36379379
my autistic interest is in geography. I'm pretty sure it's a common interest but it's all I have
>>
>>36381440

It's a wide variety. FPS, TPS, action-adventure, platformers, arcade racers.
>>
>>36381475
An apostrophe at the end of most words is a possessive. "Chuck's vehicle" is the vehicle owned by chuck. "Chucks vehicle" means that a vehicle is being chucked (thrown). "Niche hobby's" is meaningless because you are not trying to indicate that a hobby owns something, you are just trying to pluralize it. Plurals do not use apostrophes.
>>
i make flamethrowers, a lot of fun despite the danger and illegality.
>>
>>36381586

Thanks man! That is genuinely helpful, English is not my native language and i learned it mostly from the internet.
>>
File: tread.jpg (381KB, 1024x513px) Image search: [Google]
tread.jpg
381KB, 1024x513px
>>36381680
>illegality
>>
>>36381886
I live in Britland, we have no right to firearms or other forms of weaponry.
>>
File: UK Hunting.jpg (481KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
UK Hunting.jpg
481KB, 1600x1200px
>>36381913
Not true, hunting is a popular sport in Bongland. You guys even have legal suppressors. I'm jealous as a Canadian .
>>
>>36381980
oh, we can own firearms, more-so than most bongs realize, we can own bolt action 50 cals, semi auto assault shotguns etc. however we have no right to them, and owning a "section 5" firearm, basically the really cool shit, like automatic guns, pistols, semi auto rifles and flamethrowers is almost impossible unless you are in a very specific line of work and it's always on a case by case basis. That's if you want to stay on the right side of the law that is, which i don't mind so much.
>>
File: IMG_0922.jpg (514KB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0922.jpg
514KB, 1512x2016px
>>36379379
When I'm in the mood I make some polymer clay stuff
>>
Watching and playing Competitive fighting games
>>
>>36379379
cigar rolling
>>
>>36381131
same its pretty fun, though after 6 years I'm still a fucking U, feels bad man.
>>
Just started skateboarding again after quitting for almost 10 years.
>am 24 years old
>realize I look childish as fuck skateboarding
>do it anyways because it was my first real love outside of vidya
>>
File: myPixelArt.png (636B, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
myPixelArt.png
636B, 100x100px
>>36379379
Warhammer 40,000 is kinda niche. Collecting military and police surplus items, Mechanical Keyboards (Customizing and trying to build my own)

Also, probably the most interesting hobby I do is pushing my limit for spicy foods to the max. For example, I frequently eat just random chillis as a snake. I put dried chilli flakes on all my food, pretty much.
I always have a few scotch bonnets, and other such chillis in my house that if I'm feeling up for it, I'll just eat it.
I refuse to drink milk or eat anythign that'd help remove the spice. It would make me weaker.
It's good because I feel superior to others as I can tolerate food that they can't.

I also do pixel art. Pic related.
>>
>>36382676
**snack not snake, fucks sake. Dont know how I made that mistake.

originanmananan
>>
>>36382357
Dude, boarding, esp longboarding is now normie as fuck.
>>
>>36382818
>boarding, esp longboarding is now normie as fuck.

doesn't mean that non-normis can't enjoy it.

>TFW the person I know who enjoys longboarding is a total awkward stoner, loner, weirdo

Hes such a funny character though, cant help but love him
>>
File: witcher2.webm (2MB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
witcher2.webm
2MB, 1000x563px
I'm traiing to become a witcher irl.
>>
>>36383316
Cool, do you follow old manuals like HEMA autists or try to learn more practical/modern sword techniques and apply them to stuff from The Witcher? In my sport fencing, it's so far from a real fight that it's basically tag with bendy metal sticks, and I love it. There's a ton of autists there desu, the top 3 people from my club are some oedipal teen who can't have a proper conversation without stuttering and cried in his mom's arms when he lost until he was 15, another weird teen who barely talks, especially after his father died, and this college age guy who is some monster who cares about nothing but winning. We also have 2 really good europeans who competed in the Olympics that coach and are total Chads, but I'm not counting them. Most of the people are whites/asians, which is nice if you're scared of the coloreds.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.