[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone explain taxes?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: castle4.jpg (932KB, 2572x1918px) Image search: [Google]
castle4.jpg
932KB, 2572x1918px
I worked a part time job for a little while this year and I got sent tax documents in the mail. I didn't make anywhere near enough money to have to pay tax but apparently I'm supposed to fill out forms and the government will return some money to me.
/r9k/ I don't know how to fill out forms. I just can't do it and the money isn't worth trying. I'm worried that I'll get in trouble if I don't fill out tax forms
>>
File: castle4.jpg (60KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
castle4.jpg
60KB, 680x453px
>>36372880
>castle4.jpg
>someone else has a collection of castle photos

Love you op.
>>
File: 1111111.jpg (129KB, 791x475px) Image search: [Google]
1111111.jpg
129KB, 791x475px
I don't understand. what does it mean? I've never filled out forms
>>
>>36372880
If you made below a certain amount of money, (which I'm sure you didn't make much) the IRS is holding on to money that really belongs to you. They take a percentage of your paycheck every time you get paid. Just go to TurboTax, fill in the numbers from your papers, and get money in 2-4 weeks
>>
>>36372880
Use Turbo Tax. It will literally walk you through the form. All you basically need to do is enter your personal information and your income. It will ask you about a lot of deductions but you probably will not qualify for any of them. It's a very time consuming process. It stresses me out every time but filing your taxes really is not challenging. Not for someone like me who doesn't have assets or anything.

The refund is nice. I use it to buy vidya.
>>
>>36374997
they withheld barely over $100
my problem is I worked another job for a few days before I quit and I don't know how to add my wages together or which to use. it's worth losing $100 to me to not have the government bother me
>>
>>36375061
You're already past the due dat (April 15th). I'm pretty sure even if you don't pay owe taxes it is still illegal to not file and receive your refund.

So much for "land of the free".
>>
>>36375163
tax day 2017 is today, 4/18, which is why I made the thread. I always wait until the last minute because forms scare me
but the pic >>36373072 says if no return is filed in 3 years the government just keeps the money
>>
I think there are ways you can file after the due date, or maybe on next year's form. I doubt they're going to throw some poor schmuck in jail for tax evasion when he only owes $100.
>>
>>36375285
the government has my $100 and I'm going to let them keep it.
fuck forms and normies who act like you can fill out a hundred little boxes and not mess anything up with your calculations and get in trouble
I'm just not smart enough guys. I can't do it
>>
>>36372880

If the government owes you money they don't care if you fill out the forms or not.
>>
>>36375338

If you are too retarded to fill out the forms I think they are obligated to provide someone to help you.
>>
>>36375338
Uncle Sam thanks you for your generosity.

https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsfaq/faq_gifts_to_govt.htm
>>
>>36375732
>>36375998
I can't just fill in the blanks
I have two forms with wages and numbers on them. one from each job
I don't know how to do the numbers together on in the form
>>
>>36376125
You do know there's a company called Liberty Tax where you can just walk in and they will file for you? They take a small percentage out of your refund and all you have to do is fill out a form listing your basic info and where you want the money deposited, give it to them, and they do the rest for you on the computer.
>>
earned income tax credit probably makes it worth filing your taxes.
>>
>>36376125
turbotax is free if you make under like $50k a year. and it's not like filling out a 1040 is hard -- it literally gives you step by step instructions. fuck, you're dumb and lazy. i hope the IRS fucking imprisons you.
>>
>>36377477
>>36377500
I learned today 4/18 isn't the deadline for getting my $100. I have 3 years to do the form.
so I don't need to worry for 2 years
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.