[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /math/ here? Reminder if you can identify with any of these

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

File: download (1).jpg (10KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10KB, 223x226px
Who /math/ here?
Reminder if you can identify with any of these statements, you're a fucking retarded normie who doesn't belong here.
>"I hate math."
>"Math's never been my strong suit..."
>"Ugh why the fuck is math even useful? Why are we even learning this shit?"
>>
>>36358290
post maths
start from the top
>>
File: Ghost Pepe.gif (73KB, 640x571px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Pepe.gif
73KB, 640x571px
>>36358290
Who else here majoring in Mathematics? And if a specific concentration, what kind?
>>
File: 2421473165.jpg (383KB, 1642x1282px) Image search: [Google]
2421473165.jpg
383KB, 1642x1282px
>>36358343
what kind of concentrations are there?
>>
File: 3D Pepe.jpg (93KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3D Pepe.jpg
93KB, 1024x1024px
>>36358401
I'm personally majoring in Mathematics with a concentration in actuarial science. So in other words, statistics stuff, with the main goal of becoming an Actuary.
>>
>>36358290
I try so hard to love mathematics. All the constants, all the theorems, all the history seem so fascinating, but i'm absolute shit at it.

Guess I gotta keep trying.
>>
I'm a mathlet but I'm not a brainlet, I just have a literary brain. I've never been good at math though I would probably be better if it interested me more. I'm good at writing

I'm more into history and soaking in the vast wealth of written knowledge in literature. I won't deny math is extremely useful though, that is pure 80IQ normie opinion
>>
>>36358516
What level of Math are you at?
>>
File: 1642257891488.png (415KB, 568x850px) Image search: [Google]
1642257891488.png
415KB, 568x850px
>>36358466
mmm I'm getting a B.S. in financial accounting but I always had a hard-on (not an aptitude) for higher mathematics
>>
>>36358533
I just don't understand how people with low IQs can be so good at writing. I'm great at math, but terrible at writing, so I don't understand how people with lower IQs have writing come so easily to them.
>>
>tfw home schooled and never taught math beyond shape + shape = number problems.
>>
File: Actual frog Peep.png (20KB, 936x590px) Image search: [Google]
Actual frog Peep.png
20KB, 936x590px
>>36358581
I would be more interested in the higher mathematical stuff if it didn't involve the extensive mathematical proofs.
I'm a bit too lazy for that, so I decided to settle with something easier and that had good job prospects.
>>
File: Elderly Pepe.png (77KB, 491x541px) Image search: [Google]
Elderly Pepe.png
77KB, 491x541px
>>36358629
Damn, so you never got to experience the joy of learning Calculus and stuff? That must suck.
>>
>>36358547
Well now that I'm out of high school and i didn't go to uni i got as far as pre-calculus.
>>
>>36358290
Math is really fascinating, but my professors have demotivated me from trying.
>>
But guys... what is math?
>>
>>36358343
I did. My concentration was computer science.
>>
I understand the point of math. I could have done fine in math if I paid attention in class, but the subject always bored me
>>
>>36358590
Some people find writing even more natural than talking but can't function at all in math. I would know, I'm one of them. Only technical writing though, I can't write prose worth a damn.
>>
>>36358533
>2017
>not being good at both math and language skills
>>
File: 3224233243.jpg (4KB, 160x156px) Image search: [Google]
3224233243.jpg
4KB, 160x156px
>>36358290
>tfw you are dumb but really good at math so people think you are a genius
>>
>>36358466

An actuary on /r9k/, why am I not surprised? I think there's more of us here lurking.

>>36358705

IKTF, desu senpai. I double majored in art and math and my art professors are the ones that made me appreciate learning and education.

>>36358991

I also know this feel.
>>
File: 1440823359172s.jpg (4KB, 125x122px) Image search: [Google]
1440823359172s.jpg
4KB, 125x122px
>>36358516
this is exactly me

the concept and idea of "math" as a whole is brilliant, but shits tough
>>
>>36358343
I was going to but I'm thinking of dropping out, general ed is killing me and my part time job at a local machine shop would honestly pay plenty for me if I focused on it as a career.

>>36358705
Yeah, bad professors can really ruin it, and math gets a lot of blokes who really don't give a shit about it, especially below college level, I think that's why a lot of people hate it so much.

>>36358991
Same here, I say a lot of very, very stupid things but people believe me because I'm good at math, it's one of the few good feels I have.
>>
>>36358290
math certainly isn't hard, but it IS a spook. restricted philosophy. tfw to smart for math
>>
>>36358991
This desu. I'm not even naturally talented at math; I just work at it a lot because of my autism and people think I'm a genius because of it until they get to know me
>>
how do you even get into math
>>
Fuckin "maths" you yank fucks.
>>
>tfw dyscalculia

Not even meming, I cannot gauge distances and sizes of things/people without a ruler, cannot multiply, divide, or work with fractions, sometkmes have trouble telling right from left especially if its reversed, cant do mental math and have to count with fingers and draw down sticks to keep track of complex (for me) equations.

I had no interest in math till seeing it and learning about it from a historical perspective - who created this theorem, these concepts, when was it first applied, etc, usually that means Ancient Greeks, and suddenly math is relevant again and theres an interest in it that wasnt there before, but still no better at doing it.
>>
>>36359936
For me, it was numerical analysis. I started getting into it first when my grandpa taught me how to play poker when I was about five. I quickly began figuring out the different probabilities of hands. Later in life it was figuring out how to apply math to minimize/maximize stuff in video games. I began to effectively use calculus before I took a real calculus course. Math (for me) isn't something I like to sit down and do, it's something I think about during a car ride or when I'm bored in another class and happen to have a pencil and an open notebook. It's the purest science, for some people that can be boring but I like how almost everything can be boiled down to math.
>>
>>36360046

you are just stupid, man
>>
>>36360086
Fuck off cunt

Original2x
>>
>>36360100

lots of people are simple, so dont stress about it.
>>
>>36359976
>he unironically uses yankee doodle as an insult
>>
>>36360084
>it's the purest science
Nope. It's a tool developed by man. Naturally things don't follow mathematic paths as something would biological ones, ya know. Math is entirely artificial and things found naturally only correspond to math because of how math was developed or by coincidence.
>>
>>36360046
Just sounds like autism
>>
Im gonna finish up differential equations after next fall semester. Would any of you mathbots recommend I do an applied math minor along with my mechanical engineering major?
>>
>>36360265

you should minor in getting pussy
>>
>>36360143
Sciences are the observation of natural things, yes? Well, quantities (or numbers) work in a natural way. There are rules in math. Learning mathematics is learning the rules of how numbers work. For that reason, I see math as a science, although I predict that I didn't convince you to see the same way.
>>
>>36360289
You should fuck off to facebook normalshit. We dont want your kind here in our board.
>>
>>36358590
People with low IQs suck at writing. If you mistake furry fiction and autistic self-centered rambling with good writing then you need to learn to be more critical.
>>
>>36360306
Math is a type of science unlike any other. Usually science requires rigorous observation and evidence for theorems to be accepted but this isnt the case with math. Godel's incompleteness theorems show how we can't prove the math we're using to be self evident.
>>
why is topology so HARD and GAY bros
>>
>>36359976
could you dumb bongs just accept the fact you all speak horrible english? your speech alone is just a hair above drooling, knuckle dragging potatoes; yet, well below a trained parrot learning from old episodes of airwolf.
>>
>tfw not very good at math but enjoy that burst of satisfaction when solving a question
>>
>>36358466
>tfw 99 percent chance of normies getting BTFO
>>
>>36360599
We invented the language. Anything we say goes.
>>
>>36360115
Lots of people are ignorant, dont stress about it.

>>36360203
Sounds like buzzwords.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyscalculia

Dyscalculia involves frequent difficulties with everyday arithmetic tasks like the following:

Difficulty reading analog clocks[13]
Difficulty stating which of two numbers is larger.
Inability to comprehend financial planning or budgeting, sometimes even at a basic level; for example, estimating the cost of the items in a shopping basket or balancing a checkbook.
Inconsistent results in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
When writing, reading and recalling numbers, these mistakes may occur: number additions, substitutions, transpositions, omissions, and reversals.
Difficulty with multiplication-tables, and subtraction-tables, addition tables, division tables, mental arithmetic, etc.
Difficulty with time, directions, recalling schedules, sequences of events. Difficulty keeping track of time. Frequently late or early.
Problems with differentiating between left and right.
Poor memory (retention & retrieval) of math concepts; may be able to perform math operations one day, but draw a blank the next. May be able to do book work but then fails tests.
Difficulty reading musical notation.
Difficulty with choreographed dance steps.
Difficulty working backwards in time (e.g. What time to leave if needing to be somewhere at 'X' time).
Having particular difficulty mentally estimating the measurement of an object or distance (e.g., whether something is 3 or 6 meters (10 or 20 feet) away).
Inability to grasp and remember mathematical concepts, rules, formulae, and sequences.
Inability to concentrate on mentally intensive tasks.
Mistaken recollection of names. Poor name/face retrieval. May substitute names beginning with same letter.
>>
>>36360678
https://youtu.be/pLm07s8fnzM
>you will never sound as refined and beautiful as an American because you speak shitty chav Bongistan english rather than proper American english
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.