[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most normie band ever?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (49KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
49KB, 1920x1080px
Is this the most normie band ever?
>>
>does heroin
>gets famous

Yep.
>>
That's not the Pixies
>>
They only have like 5 or 6 truly great songs

>Blackeyed Blonde
>Other Side
>Charlie
>Hey
>Scar Tissue
>>
That's easily Foo Fighters.

Imagine the safest, blandest, most inoffensive "rock" band out there. That's Foo Fighters. They're only famous because Dave Grohl used to be in Nirvana and "muh Kurt Cobain."
>>
One of the worst bands of all time, overrated as fuck
>>
>>36353538
them, maybe Dave Matthews?
>>
they are trash and it makes me laugh when people say frusciante is a good guitar player

fucking guy is a hack
>>
>>36353630
>recorded by underground artist and engineer Steve Albini
>normie
No.
>>
>>36353791
I dont mind Foo Fighters, but any time someone says they are their fave band I immediately think less of them.
>>
>>36353538
They've got lots of gems despite normie status. It's ok to like some things normies like
>>
>>36354020
nah, Dave is a fucking weirdo.
>>
It's arguably The Beatles. Literally the most normie band out there.
>>
Mumford and Sons

Literally the gayest radio and primetime drama band of all time
>>
Frusciante left the band because of that actually. They were very original before commercial success and had true musicality in their songs. Now they just sound like alt rock with some slapping just to please the kids.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>36353791

But they're the best
>>
>>36353630
The Pixies are just a band normies pretend to like to seem cultured and interesting, they aren't normie tho
>>
>>36354544
the pixies are the alternative normie band
>>
>>36354039
>recorded by underground artist and engineer Steve Albini
>normie
you implying Nirvana isn't normie?
>>
>>36354558
I like the Pixies fuck off

Come on Pilgrim, Surfer Rosa, and Doolittle are all good-great
>>
File: john621_0.jpg (30KB, 622x439px) Image search: [Google]
john621_0.jpg
30KB, 622x439px
>>36354025

>Go to guitar store circa 2006
>Everybody is playing snow on the guitar
>Tfw normies don't know about pic relate
>>
>>36354641
i just bought a pack of his jazz iii picks. i like them more than regular jazz iiis
>>
>>36354544
The only reason why people like the pixies is because of nirvana. The only reason why people like nirvana is because of smells like teen spirit. The only reason why people liked grunge as a whole was because of nirvana, and that shit was destined to die as soon as Kurt did. And the only damn reason why people gave a fuck about the foo fighters was because of grohl being in nirvana. That's how that boils down.

And don't get me wrong, the pixies and nirvana are good bands, grunge up until kurt's death was good, the foo fighters aren't really that great but that's besides the point, but it feels weird knowing how normal such an alternative music genre became for an entire decade. No wonder kurt went absolute bonkers.
>>
>>36354681
grohl writes shitty pop rock songs. fucking guy should have just stuck with the drums because that's his only talent
>>
huh what a coincidence i saw them live two days ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcRmCyYckZU
>>
>>36354718
That's what I thought too. He wasn't bad on drums but good lord there's a reason why kurt was nirvanas frontman.
>>
>>36354505
fucking hell m8, I can't believe FF got mentioned and I didn't expect this. Good one.
>>
>>36354197

I have heard Dave Matthews Band described as "the whitest band ever conceived" on more than one occasion. It's "momrock" like RHCP is "dadrock."
>>
>>36354901
rhcp isn't dadrock

dadrock is 60s/70s rock
>>
>>36353687
Nigga u forgot porcelain
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.