[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your relationship with your father like?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 18

File: 1492330756153.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492330756153.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
What was your relationship with your father like?
>>
>>36352306
He abandoned me and my mother when I was 7

And I'm not even black
>>
File: efd.jpg (47KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
efd.jpg
47KB, 403x392px
He adhered to the "provide no fatherly advice or guidance whatsoever other than harsh insults and psychological abuse and then blame everything on the mother" school of thought. He spent the first ten years of my life never home at all constantly getting drunk at the bar after then all of a sudden he stopped drinking and went full retard teetotaller christfag. I fucking hate him and hope colon cancer rots his asshole. Also he sired me at the age of 42 and my mother was 37 and he has the audacity to be surprised that i have a shitload of health problems. Fuck him.
>>
File: space wojak.png (496KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
space wojak.png
496KB, 633x758px
>>36352306
>drunkard
>left me and my mother
>mother left too
>live with grandparents
>dad sends me money
>it doesn't make up for abandonment
>19 now
>watching my caretakers, the only ones who cared for me, die slowly and in agony
>mother always blaming them for everything
why do people have children if they won't care for them
i need a hug
>>
>>36352306
garbage

pretty much literally everything wrong that happened in my life is because hes been gone and i grew up fatherless

it caused so much shit, and i find out more and more why im this and that, it's almost all because i have no dad

i dream of the real me sometimes, the me that doesnt have all this artificial burden

either way I have plans for the future, when i get out of this fucking mess
>>
File: 1426788635477.png (158KB, 1000x963px) Image search: [Google]
1426788635477.png
158KB, 1000x963px
He abused me a lot. He used to beat me in public all the time and yell at me constantly. I'm 27 right now cashing autism bux. He doesn't have the balls to get kick me out and I get my revenge on him by constantly ignoring him and making pretend I don't see him. He had a major surgery at the hospital a month ago and I didn't even visit him. He's growing older and frailer year by year and soon I will be giving him regular beatings.
>>
>alcoholic
>tfw i never talked to anyone about hating my dad or any problems caused by growing up with it
>everyone who knows him loves thw guy, enjoy the non drunk dad enough but more of a provider than actual father
>have never wanted to be seen as a kid with an addict dad
>get drunk every weekend now
I'm alright but deal with anxiety and shit everyday...just wish I could be myshelf without all the apprehension
>>
>>36352306
Died when I was six.
>>
my mom left him when i was 7, He was really bad with not providing for us and basically kept all the money he earned to himself, just a really cheap bastard drunk who blamed every one of the problems I had with being a humanbeing on my mother. My mom got remarried when i was 11 but I don't think about him as my real dad and never looked up to him at all, but hes not a bad stepdad
>>
>didn't care about me
>was too old to have kids (50 and my mom was 42)
>alcoholic
>openly said he didn't want me and was forced to by my mom
>bought like 75 cars
>typical boomer
>constantly complaining about me
>>
File: IMG_2467.jpg (55KB, 562x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2467.jpg
55KB, 562x490px
>tfw my father is a good man
>tfw he grew up with an alcoholic mother and had to basically raise his sisters because my grandfather had to work alot to provide for them since his mother wasn't around
>tfw he promised himself to marry a woman who would be there for their children
>tfw he loves his 3 Kids dearly and has worked hard to provide for us as best he can
>tfw i have done many terrible things that have made his life hell, yet he is still there for me when I need him
>tfw i am a complete failure even though he tried so hard
The guilt is immense bros. the worst part is that he is self-critical and partially blames himself for my mental problems, even though he has nothing to do with them. I want to kill myself but i think that he would blame himself for that too. I can't do that to him, not after everything else ive put him through
>>
>>36352306
basically gender dysphoria ruined it for me.
>too ashamed to visit my dad post-puberty

anyway he died last year.
>>
File: paint frog.jpg (21KB, 446x362px) Image search: [Google]
paint frog.jpg
21KB, 446x362px
>knocked another girl up 6 months after getting my mom pregnant with me
>didn't live with me he lived with the other kid
>still saw other kid as my brother
>would go to visit and play with him
>dad would always be sleeping because he stayed up till like 4 am playing combat arms
>never really talked to him about much
>mom had to force him to go to my middle school graduation
>moved to another state when i was young and stayed there for years
>he moved back recently and i see him at family events but we never really say much
>tfw broke my arm and he called me for the first time in years to ask if i had any painkillers

gg wish i had a real dad
>>
>>36354654
fuck yea dude combat arms is a sick game your dad sounds like a sick dude
>>
File: 1491598726528.jpg (62KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
1491598726528.jpg
62KB, 500x469px
>he was gone for work all the time until i was 5
>don't have many childhood memories with him at all
>later when i got older he wanted to talk with us kids more
>we had many projects we did together like raising chickens or making a mini moonshine still
>by the time i was in HS mom had gone fully crazy
>sister and brother turned into total wiggers
>dad had lost his job and got another shitty one
>he's legitimately depressed and develops drinking problem
>the house a nightmare from wigger siblings acting like niggers
>i had become a NEET and this disappointed dad more than my brother spending time in juvie
>he killed himself 2 years ago
>>
>>36352530
*hugs*

this is an original and NICE comment
>>
Non-existent. Something happened (of course my mom doesn't tell me the whole truth) and he left before I was born. He has a different family, with a son and daughter, with a wife.
>>
>>36352306
When I was a little kid he would het drunk and beat my mother and I. That led to me being very angry and violent for a long time. He'd also make me lots of fatty and unhealthy foods. He'd make my mother and I eat them. That's why the two of us have weight problems to this day. He's a better man now, and I forgive him for the past. He's currently fighting for custody of his other two children with some crack whore named Sheila. I hope he wins custody of them.
>>
>knocked up two other girls before my mum
>only stayed with my mum because he was a macho man cunt whose other two kids had been girls and was glad to finally have a son he could mold into his image
>has a loosely committed relationship with mum, but doesn't live with us
>mum goes on vacation with me, he sleeps with another woman and breaks up with her while we're over there
>he basically checks out of my life until I reach the age of 12, at which point he returns because he was unable to conceive a male child with that woman (another girl) and was still obsessed with molding someone in his image
>start seeing him every other weekend
>does nothing while I'm staying with him to endear me to him. All our time is spent lounging around his house.
>he expects me to be happy just to bask in his fatherly glow
>all his lessons could basically be summed up with "be a man" with vague, outdated criteria
>slapped me across the head whenever I did something wrong
>accused me of having autism because I was shy and quiet around him, even though I was only shy and quiet because I basically didn't fucking know him
>never buys me a birthday gift or pays for anything I need ever even though he makes more than my mum
>hates the fact that I don't want to work in some practical trade
>nothing I ever do is good enough for him
>eventually he cuts me off because I "don't respect him", despite the fact that he did nothing at all to warrant respect

Fathers can be so fucking cancerous, holy shit.
>>
File: 1469842349099.png (71KB, 353x352px) Image search: [Google]
1469842349099.png
71KB, 353x352px
>>36352306
dad was one of the only two people who has ever cared for me in my life
>>
I never met my father, my mom divorced him shortly after I was born. Dude was a fucking loon, wanted to get the whole family into scientology and other weird shit, got kicked out of the Army, got arrested for stealing my moms handgun and threatening her during the messy divorce. From what I know he went to marry and divorce other 2 times leaving a trail of children he doesn't want to take care of.

I am actually glad he was not in my life.
>>
>>36352306
Never got to know him, he died of leukemia when I was 3.
>>
>Has always been there for me.
>Still goes out of his way to help me with whatever I need even though I'm nearly 30.
>Very loving and supportive.
>Has a good job and we've always had whatever we needed.
>Can talk over personal issues with him that I can't with Mum (who is crazy and annoying but still means well)

And yet, here I am.
>>
He was a paranoid schizophrenic and I spent the entirety of my formative years wishing I could kill him to wash my hands of him
>>
Nonspeaking

>>
>>36352674
Please try to fix it or you will regret it, you can't even understand what I would give to start over.
>>
>>36352306
Bretty good.

It's the person I admire the most. I doubt that's reciprocal, but I don't care.
>>
>Alcoholic
>beat me and bro

Thats about it. He taught me not to lie atleast.
>>
who would rather have sex with your mom or your dad? haha just kidding, i know it's your dad
>>
>>36352306
Never met him, don't really care though, I'm absolutely ok with it, don't know anything about him and that's good, there's things that I'd rather not know
>>
>>36352306
I don't know him. I've had one short conversation with him on the phone when I was in middle school and the only word I said to him was "ok".
>>
He was an abhorrent human and I knew so as a kid due to my brother and sister explaining, but never thought anything of it since I was so young, but it hit me later on.

Him and his family have singlehandedly fucked my entire life and my entire family's lives, and I am changing my last name. I was quite ecstatic figuring out he died whenever I was like 11 or 12, so thats a pretty good indicator of how much I liked him.
>>
>>36352674
hey friend, don't hurt him.
there's a value to grace.
don't live to spite him, live in spite of him
>>
File: 1485819731497.jpg (28KB, 489x499px) Image search: [Google]
1485819731497.jpg
28KB, 489x499px
>>36352306
great, with both of my parents, but, on the other hand, i only come here to laugh at you losers.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (94KB, 715x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg
94KB, 715x800px
>>36352306
Him and my mom got divorced before I was born, he was full on alcoholic.

He lives fairly close so I end up meeting him by chance couple times a year. He doesn't feel like a father to me, not to mention he calls me by my half-brother's name most of the time either because he forgot my name or he doesn't care
>>
My father is always cool with me we talk alot,
he used to beat me and my brother a lot when we were younger, i was a hell of a kid tho. btw i'm still a useless NEET then.
>>
File: 7pfjoon.png (642KB, 640x598px) Image search: [Google]
7pfjoon.png
642KB, 640x598px
>>36352306
Im black so i had no father
>>
>>36352306
ongoing and greatly disappointing for him
>>
>>36352306
Died of brain aneurysm.
>>
>>36352306
He's the only person in my family I can relate to on any level.
>>
File: (David) The_Death_Of_Marat.jpg (71KB, 400x391px) Image search: [Google]
(David) The_Death_Of_Marat.jpg
71KB, 400x391px
>divorced parents
>father is wealthy capitalist mindset dad
>teaches us that hard work is important (not a bad thing at all)
>takes it too far
>develop depression and anxiety, and my grades start to slip in late high school after years of feeling like all this work is for nothing and I would be better off dead
>the encouragement and rewards for hard work he gave to us when we were younger are gone
>tells me ill never be happy if I can't become an engineer and that I WILL fail out of college, so he won't pay for it
>don't want money, just want to feel loved after so many years of being treated not like a son, but like an investment
>>
File: 1439254971278.png (34KB, 450x367px) Image search: [Google]
1439254971278.png
34KB, 450x367px
he left my mother when I was 2 or 3 and refused to achknowledge me as his child
never seen him but stopped outside his house once
>>
File: IMG_0877.jpg (74KB, 600x623px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0877.jpg
74KB, 600x623px
>>36352306
Cheated on my mom twice.
The first time she found out around her birthday.
Second time was around New Years/Christmas
He's still married to my mom, thankfully (i guess)
>tfw the 2nd time he cheated he didn't leave for good bc i forgot to tell him we were going back home and he happened to be at home
>>
File: 1491432708930.png (52KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1491432708930.png
52KB, 657x527px
>>36352306
he was abusive when I was a kid and I didn't make it any easier by being so stubborn but things have changed and now we enjoy banter and watch movies/television together.

We're sort of very similar personality wise, he'd be right at home on 4chan with his racist humor and quick wit

I'm gonna miss him when he's gone, he's one of my only friends

love you dad
>>
>Thieving meth addict who is currently facing court for chopping up some dude with a machete on a spoiled drug deal

He was alright
>>
He used to be proud of me. Or at least he pretended to be. Now im sitting in his house getting drunk off his beers. I dont know how he ever saw any potential in me.
>>
Hey was basically just around. He'd always complain about stuff, but never harshly. Never wanted to do anything really, always complained about my mother, but not in an abusive say. I guess he just didn't care much for the family he had, considering we were all losers
>>
>>36352306
I have never met my father. Not once. Don't even know what he looks like.

People always go, "Aw, that's so sad!" But really, it isn't. 99% of the time, I don't even think about my father. I don't hate him or resent him or love him or anything. I just don't think about him. It's only sad if you knew and bonded with your father, THEN he left. THAT's fucked up. But I never met mine, so he's literally a stranger to me.

Feels 'meh' man
>>
>>36352674
SWEET REVENGE
>>
>>36352306
He left my mom for some whacked older woman. Said he didn't want to raise me and my sister until we were older but still fought for custody even though he was never around when he and my mom were together. He's absolute shit with money but he works hard. Pretty sure he cheated on the older woman too. I talk to him about once a month and it's usually stuff about politics. We don't have a bad relationship but I never learned anything useful from him.
>>
>>36352539
don't forget your plans, anon. accomplish them no matter how long it takes you, the longer it takes the more worth while the reward
>>
>>36354469
I partially know the few anon. Unlike a lot of robots my parents were great and I still managed to fuck up. Born into a dream life and I'm just a fucking train wreck from the start. I feel bad for my parents because they don't deserve to have a kid like me and I'm always disappointing them. Idk if kms would make it worse or better but the only reason I haven't is because I don't want to embarrass them further
>>
Expressiveless autist whose only virtue was providing for the family.
>>
>>36354469
do the normie thing and just apologize and tell him you love him. tell him that you're sorry for what you put him through and that you're so glad that he still cares.
>>
>>36352306
We don't talk often despite the some usual chit chat. Conversations are a rarity. The only time I ever confront him about something is when I need/want something. Whether it's requesting some materials for me to work on, or begging him for me to work a his workplace. He always obliges, except for that job part. I'm just as shy and quiet as he is, I guess. He's also not assertive unlike my mother. Probably because I'm a weak skeleton, he doesn't try to be, or else he'll end up breaking me. And somehow I can always sense that he's disappointed in me whenever I wake up late in the afternoon, and not doing anything productive, but he still tends to my needs/wants.
>>
File: berserk.jpg (369KB, 1479x1100px) Image search: [Google]
berserk.jpg
369KB, 1479x1100px
>>36352530
Fuck man, almost the same backstory here, except that gramps died when I was 5, grandma died when I was 18 and I got kicked out by my alcoholic dad after 6 horrific months of living with him, easily the worst time of my life.

My mom knew I was homeless and didn't even lift a finger in trying to contact me, and after I got off the streets she could have tried to contact me through my sister (who was raised by mom's parents), but she didn't.
Now 3 years later I am doing a bit better and advanced my way through the ranks at shit retail job, and she apparently has got some health and financial issues, and NOW she got my number from sister and has begun to text me every 2 weeks or so on whatsapp, texts to which I haven't replied.
Why does this stupid fucking cunt have the audacity to think I want to have anything to do with her?
I am contemplating replying with "I wish you went through with the abortion you fucking cunt" and the block her.

Back to the topic, if I ever see my dad ever again I am going to break- I swear to fucking GOD I am going to break his fucking legs and make him beg for his life.

I have turned out to be a jaded, relentless, spiteful and absolutely HORRIBLE person that wants nothing to do with anyone aside from work, why did these complete morons that couldn't get their life together decide that it's a good idea to have a baby?
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.