[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have to give a five minute speech tomorrow

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1492041377537.png (280KB, 646x595px) Image search: [Google]
1492041377537.png
280KB, 646x595px
>have to give a five minute speech tomorrow
>>
Any beta-blockers?
>>
It's ok to feel anxious. Everyone knows that you feel anxouos, anon.
>>
What is the speech about? Is it Intro To Public Speaking?
>>
>We're going to start something called Fun Fact Friday at work
>Submit anonymous facts about ourselves, and other coworkers guess who it is
>Literally cannot think of one interesting fact about myself
>>
>>36348584
I usually have a small object in my hand as to not get distracted. My keys, most of the time. Try to focus on someone who seems to be paying attention. Ignore people who are distracted/on their phones. It's gonna be alright anon.

t. introvert who can't talk to people at all but is actually a good public speaker
>>
>>36348720
>What is the speech about?

anime
>>
>>36348584
Drink 2 or 3 shots of whiskey.
Avoid weed if you feel nervous.
>>
>>36348857
'why rape technically isn't wrong'
>>
>>36348968
'the jews and their Iies'
>>
>>36348834
>i like to jack it to traps
That's a pretty interesting fact
>>
>>36348584
Just imagine you are naked senpai, you'll be fine
>>
>have to give a speech+video presentation on wednesday
>video has to have interviews of people that I've conducted
>haven't started filming yet
>need to fill close to fifteen minutes
do I stand a chance?
>>
>>36348584
Literally my worst nightmare
>>
I never finished college because I couldn't handle giving presentations.
>>
I have to give a 15 mintute speech on wednesday. My last speech was in HS and lasted around 30 seconds
>>
File: 1396051457425.gif (1MB, 226x232px) Image search: [Google]
1396051457425.gif
1MB, 226x232px
>had to give a presentation last week at work
>absolutely terrified beforehand
>it went ok
>>
>>36349095
what are you giving a speech on?
>>
I never prepare for any presentations or speeches or whatever.

I just wing it every time.

What's the worst that could happen? They tell me I suck? Oh well.
>>
>>36349119
>what are you giving a speech on?

The jews and their lies
>>
>>36349143
>What's the worst that could happen? They tell me I suck? Oh well.

kek
>>
>>36349119
Right wing violence in the early years of the Weimar Republic. No joke. I have enough information on the topic, just autistic and can't present things
>>
>>36349095
This reminds me, I'm pretty sure I had to give a presentation in my last course. Can't remember if I never got scheduled or if I just didn't go that day.
Had to write a paper too, but never even picked a topic.
Two more months before I drop out boys! I don't really want to kill myself, but I'm not sure what else I can do.
>>
>>36348584

It is normal and okay to be nervous before a public speech, especially if you have not spoken publicly before or in a long time.

As for now, prepare really well:
-write a script, word by word
-present the script speaking loudly 5-10 times
-if possible record yourself and watch the recording (awkward as fuck)
-if possible, also practice with someone (roommate, colleague, friends,...)
-tomorrow: be there early, if possible practice once in the actual room, wear cloth that make you fell confident

If you really have a problem with public speaking that goes beyond somewhat normal nervousness (like panic attacks, extrem stuttering, ...) and you cannot avoid it in your study/job you shout seek professional help.
>>
>>36348834
it's
>anonymous
nobody mentioned "interesting"

the goal is to give facts that people aren't likely to associate to you, so basically say the most surprising stuff about you

>you're successful
>mention sometime where you failed something

>you're a failure
>mention a success

pretty simple
>>
>have to get up and read words aloud
the only normie thing I can do right.
>>
File: 1488478777616.png (805KB, 851x688px) Image search: [Google]
1488478777616.png
805KB, 851x688px
>>36348584
>have to do a 10min presentation
>chose a subject I fucking love like Wikis, Gaia Hypothesis, MBTI, deep-sea gigantism, the formation of our atmosphere or some epistemological bullshit with a bait title like "is all knowledge mere beliefs ?"
>be nervous as fuck at first but become more and more enthusiastic as I explain shit
>Anon, what's your conclusion ? it's been 20min already
>tfw I've just finished the first half

every fucking time
>>
>>36350291
I hate that shit. I get that there's like 30 people who also need to do their presentation but getting to do a subject you really fucking like then being told "yeah yeah wrap it up autismo" is so crushing
>>
You're gonna do great anon. Hey, have a great time in your first year of college buddy!
>>
>>36348834
>anonymous
Whats stopping you from just putting in random bullshit?
>>
>>36350291
maybe you need to learn to follow the given instructions instead of doing whatever you want
>>
>>36348584
>Had to do a 10 minute presentation for my bio class with an actual robot.
>Decided to drop out of school the week before it came due, just wasnt my thing
>Partner was so nervous and spazzy and autistic that there's no way he'd be able to do the presentation without me
>Stayed enrolled until the day of the presentation, did the presentation with him while he stammered and murmured his way through the tiny part he had to do
>Got a 95 on the project
>Dropped out when I got home that day.
>>
>>36350334
I actually don't care, because anyone who goes after me seems shit and unmotivated in comparison so I'd always get good grades.

>>36350461
I don't like to practice presentation or interviews because crippling self-criticism. I'm so self aware that I'll keep thinking about minor details I've missed and I'll be too stressed when the time comes; that's why I improvise even it means less prepared.
And experience confirmed I'm right: I nailed almost every interview and presentation apart from a couple exceptions
>>
>>36350490
holy shit are you me

>have to do a project in a team of 5 during the second year of uni
>be given 3 months
>have to do a presentation in English and one in our native language
>been feeling like dropping since last semester already
>go through with it just to help them out
>the website we made works, and doesn't look too bad
>presentation is a huge success
>had a week of finals and a 2 month internship right after that
yeah, no, screw that
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.