[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any advice for a soon to be college student?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Any advice for a soon to be college student?
>>
yeah
DON'T start skipping. it's a shitty habit and it'll land you nowhere, even if you're not that bright keep attending classes
if you keep getting distracted by your pc/other stuff just shut it all off and focus on studying. in college it doesn't matter how smart you are unless you're on one of the extremes, it's how much work you can put in and your work ethic/discipline.

making friends would be a plus for networking later on, but if you can't at least be polite and nice to people when you do have to interact with them. it could go a long way.
>>
>>36348241
DO NOT be one of those "witty" kids that makes comments during class. You will look like an aspie.

Take some pride in your appearance. Sweatpants and a generally disheveled look will make others think you're weird
>>
If you don't befriend anything during the first few weeks, you're probably fucked. I know how hard it is for some people, but try to be as social as possible.
>>
despite what you might think people don't care about you at all. this is what they care about on a societal level

- their grades
- their social life
- their network of friends

no reason to be anxious. if you try to approach them and you fail miserably due to autism, they'll be quick to forget about you depending on where you go to study.
just focus on having the best grades possible because odds are your network won't be that good -> internships are harder to get
>>
Thanks everybody

Pepperonerooni
>>
>>36348241
Always show up for every class, even for subjects you find easy. Just being there will keep you involved with everything in college in general and it'll be easier to make friends if you actually keep showing up too.

If you don't have any friends from high school left over you need to get a group of people in college together in the first few weeks.

Also make sure to stay at school a bit after classes to do stuff, if other students are doing so too. Heck, bring this up yourself. You don't want to end up in a class where everyone just goes straight home to do other stuff, leaving you with no one to hang out with.

I assume you're young and straight out of high school, so this is very important. It's very much possible that you might actually want to start going out around college age. It would really suck if you don't have friends at that point.
>>
Go to every class. If your prof gives you a number of days you can miss a class without an excuse SAVE those days until you really need them.
Go to your school's library if you need to study or do work. It's a lot less distracting than studying at your house/dorm.
Take advantage of any extra credit given. If you need help with material then use the school's tutors or meet with your prof during his/her office hours.
>>
PROTIP: Learn what you want to major in or what career you want ASAP. Take the time to think about it now, and don't procrastinate. At the ve y least, do not pick a major such as CS just because you hear it makes money. Switching majors 2 or 3 years in is something to avoid.
>>
>>36348241
Don't

Go to a trade school
>>
have friends op. that's very VERY critical. trust me. if i had friends i'd probably wouldnt have become a dropout.
>>
Don't even go. Have a gap year or 3 working and travelling.
>>
>>36348241
Study every day. Just study something. At any time of the day for 2-5 hours.
>>
>>36349164
how do you make friends?

originginaln
>>
>>36351364
you could join a fraternity and literally get assigned a group of friends
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.