[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /r9k/ like anime?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 26

File: 1380245368912.jpg (103KB, 775x719px) Image search: [Google]
1380245368912.jpg
103KB, 775x719px
Take the poll; if your answer is "no" explain why; if "yes", what are your favorites and what do you love about them?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12646823
>>
>>36347130
Nope, I'm robot as they come but never been able to get into anime. Something about how the characters express themselves, the visual shorthand, is so alien and unrelateable.

To me, anime is to cats as western animation is to dogs. The latter aren't afraid to be goofy and ugly. Anime always seems to be holding something back, as if there's an image to maintain.
>>
It's pretty nice in moderation. Can get really tiring with tropes and cliches though, and the whole
>Every random girl falls in love with autistic MC
Is quite and annoying thing.
>>
>>36347205
What have you watched though?
>>
>>36347130
I like SOME anime.
>>
>>36347287
Not a lot I'll admit, at least one episode of maybe six or seven. Melancholy of Haruhi Something, Harry Potter with lolis, Cory in the House... The only one I completed was Watamote. I'd rather marathon some old Looney Tunes.
>>
File: 1470792251974.jpg (63KB, 803x737px) Image search: [Google]
1470792251974.jpg
63KB, 803x737px
>have all this anime i need to watch before i leave for basic training
>also got addicted to minecraft again
>can't mine and watch subs at the same time
>>
>>36347130
Welcome to the NHK -pretty standard anime that I am sure most robots have seen. The relatable main character and the fact that it shows women only think of themselves makes this anime an instant favourite of mine.

Steins;Gate-Really generic choice but it has a great plot and great characters.

Barakamon-The main character is relatable here in the way that he grows from being angry at criticism to using it. Also he is surrounded by kids from age ~10-18 showing some parent-like relationship with them that I will never have due to women having no interest in me and being overall scum.
>>
>>36347395
Such as?

8t2pgnklg
>>
File: [PAD]crows_v15_c049_p2_022-023.png (893KB, 1566x1200px) Image search: [Google]
[PAD]crows_v15_c049_p2_022-023.png
893KB, 1566x1200px
Manga is way better on the whole; more variety, shorter, easier to get through, much more availability and more completed stories (with canon endings).

As far as anime go, I tend to mainly watch adaptations of manga that I have already read and on the whole they are usually never as good and very rarely are they better. On the whole the budget for TV anime is way too low for the animation to ever be consistently great, and even though OVAs and movies get around that, not many series have complete adaptations via OVAs. I used to like a lot of stuff Madhouse produced.

I think the best anime ever made is probably the Giant Robo OVAs. My favourite TV anime is Fist of the North Star, mainly for the OST and superb voice acting rather than the actual animation.

As far as manga goes, my favourite is also Fist of the North Star and maybe Crows as a second but I think the top 5 manga ever are (in order):
Ashita no Joe
Devilman
Fist of the North Star
Lone Wolf & Cub
Akira

To summarise, read more manga.
>>
>>36347951
On the other hand manga has no color, animation, sound, voices or music.
>>
File: ok.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
I'm not into anime, but I have nothing against it. I've watched one anime, which is Sword Art Online, and I liked it.
>>
I like Berserk. That's about it.
>>
>>36347410
Try K-ON!, you'll love it
>>
>over 200 votes
>13 replies
gay
>>
>>36347983
I don't know why but lack of colour doesn't bother me at all, might be because I've read black and white comics since I was a kid. I don't really rate the majority of anime OSTs (the last one I heard which was exceptional was Space Dandy's) and the low budget for TV stuff means animation isn't great a lot of the time.

Although good voice acting and good OST can salvage an otherwise shit anime.
>>
>>36348097
Anime OSTs have likely the highest overall quality in the world, and animation doesn't have to be 10/10 sakugabooru material all the time. And manga has no animation at all.
>>
>>36347130
Anime is okay, I watched Welcome to the NHK and Watamote, entry-level shit.

Any recommendations? Must be english dub as I'm not exactly hardcore into anime, maybe one day I can watch subs though. I like depressing animes like welcome to the NHK, preferably about loners/outcasts/losers etc.
>>
File: moeshit.gif (497KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
moeshit.gif
497KB, 300x295px
>>36348075
>Identical-looking girls doing nothing of interest
>>
>>36348226
Cowboy Bebop has a great dub
>>
>>36348263
They don't look identical, and plenty of people have found the series to be interesting.
>>
>>36348263
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7_-RBl0lfY
>>
File: Maetel.full.337108.jpg (106KB, 753x875px) Image search: [Google]
Maetel.full.337108.jpg
106KB, 753x875px
>>36347130
>if "yes", what are your favorites and what do you love about them?

Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo - it's like a show made out of certain music, and cool main characters

Monster - excellent atmosphere and characters, brilliant story

Zipang - classic mind game of what'd happen if you sent a modern warship back to ww2, excellent attention to details, reactions, dialects etc.

Gintama - fun, action, loveable characters, the more anime one has seen the more one appreciates it

Kino's Journey, Serial Experiments Lain - stillness, atmosphere, imaginative

Galaxy Express 999 - a long and some times repetitive trip, but the ending made me break down completely

Nausicaa - pure craftsmanship
>>
>>36348430
>>36348263
I love Yui's voice
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0bFc3n2kQs
>>
Grew up on Miyazaki, was into Dragon Ball and Yugioh as a kid, high school wasn't into any anime, college watched some Bebop and late night Toonami, still in college now and just got into moe and cgdct. Watching Urara at the moment, going to watch K-On next. After that, don't know. Non Non Biyori probably.
>>
>>36348154
>Anime OSTs have likely the highest overall quality in the world

You can't honestly believe this. There are a handful which are truly outstanding (mostly Shinichiro Watanabe's works), a few good ones but the rest are all totally forgetable. Not every anime can have an OST like Berserk or Hellsing.

And manga doesn't need to have animation since it's not designed to have any, yet a lot of anime are slideshows for most of the episodes and then some animation thrown in, often with lots of corners cut to make it look flashy for cheap. I don't see the point of half arsing the key aspect of a medium and anime does that a lot.
>>
>>36347130
For concept:
>death note
>kuroshitsuji (though i prefer the manga)
>ghost in the shell
>clannad

Good fun and interesting action:
>black lagoon
>hellsing
>samurai champloo
>redline

Comedy
>one punch man
>that one where Jesus and Buddha are roommates
>osomatsu-san
>hetalia

Anything by Ghibli is awesome. I recently watched your name was which is now my favourite anime film ever. Theres classic 80s anime too like Goku Midnight Eye and Cyber City Odeo 808 which i can get into for action, comedy and aesthetic reasons
Obviously not all anime is good (school days), but i have to say it's shaped my sense of humour and most of my adolescence which is sadly coming to a close...
>>
>>36348572
Shit, i forgot watamote. Watmote is fucking hilarious
>>
Does Youjo Senki get better? I'm half way into it and the appeal of an evil WWI German loli wearing thin
>>
>>36348539
>You can't honestly believe this
I can because I have listened to a lot of soundtrack music.

You either have an axe to grind or have seen barely any anime.

>yet a lot of anime are slideshows for most of the episodes and then some animation thrown in
Meme.

>often with lots of corners cut to make it look flashy for cheap. I don't see the point of half arsing the key aspect of a medium and anime does that a lot.
You try animating 12x20 or 26x20 minutes of animation with the level of detail anime has, and then release episodes on a weekly schedule. Of course "corners are cut."

>>36348705
I am really tired of this "does it get better" meme.
>>
File: 1492344346744.jpg (497KB, 1467x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1492344346744.jpg
497KB, 1467x1035px
>>36348226
if you want depressing animes I got just the stuff for you

>Darker Than Black
>Requiem for The Phantom
>Mnemosyne
>Death Note? (not too depressing desu but great plot and people die)

that's all I remember off the top of my head
>>
>>36348914
cheers m8
orig
>>
>>36348914
Do you have any recommendations for sci-fi anime like Bebop and Digimon Tamers that don't involve mechas?
>>
>>36348752
>I am really tired of this "does it get better" meme.
Why is it a "meme"? Charlotte didn't get good until like halfway through and made it worth watching. And i know there are other shows like that, i just can't think of any right now. There's a reason people ask that
>>
>>36347130
Yes.

My favorites are:
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
PaniPoni Dash
Lucky Star
Nichijou
Mitsudomoe
Yuru Yuri
Angel Beats
New Game
Tamako Market

i just like watching friends spend time together. Something i never got to experience much. It makes me really happy, sometimes so happy it hurts.

no romance, adventure, action, or horror needed.
Comedy preferred

planning on watching
arakawa under the bridge
amanchu!
non non biyori
amaama to inazuma

if anyone knows of similar things i haven't mentioned please suggest things to me
>>
>>36349219
You don't like K-on?

>i just like watching friends spend time together. Something i never got to experience much. It makes me really happy, sometimes so happy it hurts.

Watching it actually reminds me of my early childhood and hanging out with friends in high school. But it's never too late for you to experience that. Join a club or something.
>>
File: 1446889434038.jpg (49KB, 878x814px) Image search: [Google]
1446889434038.jpg
49KB, 878x814px
>>36349022
>>36349023

now that I remembered some more:
Guilty Crown is pretty sad and sci-fi themed
No. 6 is sci-fi, ending is pretty lameo but still ok visuals desu
Psychic Detective Yakumo is fucking great for depressive feels
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu is pretty edgy and not as depressing but one of my favs
Deadman Wonderland - more edgy than depressing
Ergy Proxy is a weird one
Steins;Gate for the sci-fi guy
Serial Experiments Lain is in my depression to-watch list

that's all for now, I don't keep a list of animes I've watched or yet have to see
good weebin lads
>>
>>36349219
>i just like watching friends spend time together. Something i never got to experience much. It makes me really happy, sometimes so happy it hurts.

I know your feel friend, everyone I know says my anime taste is shit because I like slice of life. What they don't know is why I watch them and they will never understand.
>>
>>36349023
forgot to say that I never watched those 2 animes you said so just google the shit I recommended but I don't remember ever watching a mecha anime
>>
>>36347130
No. I've tried several different animes and didn't enjoy any of them. I think there are two primary factors preventing me from liking it. One, I hate subtitles, and a lot of anime uses them. Two, I have trouble connecting with anime characters because as an American, their emotional reactions to events seem "off". They don't react the way I expect them to, and that makes it hard to care about much that's happening to the characters.
>>
>>36349561
A lot of non-Japanese people watch anime and connect with the characters, so being American has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>36349561
>I've tried several different animes
Which?
>>
>>36349753
Ghost in the Shell, Attack on Titan, some Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball maybe 15 or 20 years ago. I don't remember names of the rest. There was one based on D&D. Another one where mythological creatures were attacking a modern city and the military was fighting them. Something with a guy that looked like he was made out of clay fighting monsters. Something with giant robots. Something from the 80s with an alien invasion I think.

I can't remember any others.
>>
The storylines and characters are usually a 7-10/10 but the art is seriously fucking stagnated. The japs sure can draw but they usually don't stray too far away from the classic "anime" Style.
Rant aside, I'd say yes.
>>
>>36347130
No everyone over acts and it's pretty cringe
>>
>>36349863
I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for saying this, but I'm of the opinion modern anime has greatly improved from 1990s and 2000s anime trash. There are exceptions like Paprika and Cowboy Bebop, but after watching Madoka I realized that this is something that has moved on tremendously.
>>
>>36349688
Well, then maybe it's just shitty voice acting.
>>
>>36349897
Meme. There are many minor and major differences between character designs, and they've also continuously changed over the decades.

>>36349973
It's not.
>>
>>36347130
Answering before I read the thread so my opinions aren't altered by those of others.

No.
It's all the way no because its complicated.
When anime is even mentioned the picture you posted is what is associated.

I operate on a boolean logic that is averse t the social waves "anime" makes as a whole.

There have been some animes that I watched.

But too much of the face of it appeals to
>perverts
>pedos
>overly effiminate men
>immature underdeveloped people
Etc etc

Its too much to cherry pick and navigate.
Too much to be assumed about me from the bad parts of this thing I consume.

So I avoid it.
>>
>>36350602
>perverts
Yet, oddly enough, nobody is a pervert when they watch even more explicit and extreme sexual content in live action media. Anime doesn't even need to have sexual content to have people call it perverted. Live action can get away with anything, even unsimulated sex scenes.

>pedos
Western media has sex scenes with underage characters, sometimes performed with underage actors. Does anyone have a problem with this? No, never. So why is it a problem when anime does it, with entirely fictional characters that don't look like real people and aren't intended to be associated with real people?

>overly effiminate men
?

>immature underdeveloped people
This is just a bias against animation.
>>
>>36350003
>It's not.
Then what do you think it is? Have I just watched nothing but shitty anime and missed all the good stuff?
>>
>>36350602
>Anime is Moeshit: The Post
>>
>>36351234
>Then what do you think it is?
I don't know, but it's just your personal issue. Whatever it is.
>>
>>36351303
It's obviously a woman. Look at the fluttery, disconnected tone. It's a fucking Tumblr post. What the fucking hell does she know about anything?
>>
>>36351303
>moeshit means ecchi anime
This is yet another example of how moeshit doesn't mean anything.
>>
No. There is some good mature anime, but most of it is obviously MLP tier cancer. Ever viewer is an intolerable sperg. So I make a personal effort to avoid it. However I do not actively flame it.
>>
>>36351450
This is the "guilty by association" tactic. Anime is attacked by associating it with something the audience regards as negative. The association is arbitrary.
>>
File: .jpg (14KB, 491x339px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
14KB, 491x339px
>>36348453
>>36347951
God tier taste right here lads
Please listen to these brave souls
>>
I just don't like watching it for lack of variety. Moeshit this, isekai that, school drama here, generic love story there. The only thing I ever watch these days is Crayon Shin-chan because it's a Simpsons type of SOL and I kinda like those.
>>
>>36351478
Arbitrary if you only focus on the content. But I enjoy something more when it is popular.
>>
>>36351536
Anime is incredibly varied. More varied than live action TV. And yet, once again, it is anime that gets accused of a lack of variety, never live action TV.

>moeshit
Doesn't exist. There is no such thing.

>isekai
It's very varied despite having a very specific concept.

>generic
This does not mean anything. You people just lazily attack anything and everything as being "generic."

>>36351603
Completely arbitrary.
>>
>>36351618
Oh, and school drama is a broad concept.
>>
no i really hate it because of the way everything is drawn and how the heros and shit are usually reallly muscular and the women characters make weird quirky faces and make dramatic noises and shit
>>
>>36349219
>non non biyori
definitely watch that. so comfy
>>
File: 1492317915825.gif (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492317915825.gif
1MB, 960x720px
>>36347130
Yes
I like anything with mecha that isn't Aldnoah Zero or IBO
>>
File: .jpg (87KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
87KB, 660x495px
>>36351618
Oh fuck off, I'm as weeb as they come and I hate the whole "moe doesn't exist, it's not synonymous with cute girls" circlejerk. Yes it does and yes it is, stop holding onto one outdated definition of a word that's mutated in popular culture in both japan and the west to mean something more specific than it used to. There is an identifiable trend and ignoring it for the sake of not wanting to be able to be categorized is bullshit.
>>
File: 1422638493517.jpg (72KB, 506x506px) Image search: [Google]
1422638493517.jpg
72KB, 506x506px
Who /AnimeSMR/ here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVl8dzsJ81A
>>
>>36351745
Moe anime doesn't exist, and you are clearly not "as weeb as they come" if you can't see that.
>>
>>36351820
I've bought 163 such works from DLSite.
>>
No

It's childish escapism
>>
>>36352063
>bought
lol
>>
File: .jpg (40KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
40KB, 500x667px
>>36352041
How bout you actually make an argument instead of repeating the same thing over and over. Regardless of its original meaning, the word has come in popular culture to describe a specific set of identifiable, unique characteristics, the presence of which can be grouped under the term. You're just making excuses because you don't want your favorite shows to be able to be dismissed with a single word.
>>
>>36347130
Sometimes. I tend to rewatch things that made me feel. It's a mood.
>>
>>36352108
Most anime is made for adults/late teens viewers, and escapism is a meme. It's a meme because not all anime is escapist, and it's a meme because it supposes that there is something so wrong with escapism that simply saying something is escapism is enough. And also because I never see anyone complain about escapist Western works. As usual.

>>36352114
Sorry to hear that you are a poorfag.
>>
>>36352149
"Popular culture" is almost always wrong about almost everything. There's no agreement on what "moeshit" is supposed to be, even if everyone thinks there is. If you reduce it down to the lowest common denominator, which is anime revolving around cute girls, it covers a very wide range of different anime. It's complete nonsense to lump it all together under the "moeshit" label.

>You're just making excuses because you don't want your favorite shows to be able to be dismissed with a single word.
And you think they should be able to be dismissed with a single word? Is coming up with real, detailed criticism too difficult for you? Would it put you in a position where you actually have to watch something before trying to dismiss it?
>>
File: jgthirlwell-circa-1987.jpg (238KB, 786x520px) Image search: [Google]
jgthirlwell-circa-1987.jpg
238KB, 786x520px
Anime just comes as corny to me
Too fucking corny

I dig Bayonetta tho', not anime related but I like it and is from japan
>>
File: 1490753351932.png (556KB, 2753x2718px) Image search: [Google]
1490753351932.png
556KB, 2753x2718px
>>36352153
>if you don't spend thousands of dollars on stuff that you can get for free in a few clicks, well y-you're poor
sure thing bub
>>
>>36352259
Well you are poor. That's why the idea of people paying money for things triggers you. And if we weren't buying this stuff it wouldn't get made, and you wouldn't be able to listen to it.
>>
File: 1489484676313.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489484676313.png
1MB, 1024x768px
If you don't like anime you shouldn't be on 4chan
This site was created for Anime Discussion fuck off new fags and normies
>>
Yes

Naruto was my first lmao but I love Ouran High School Host Club

Female, 22, white, liberal arts degree fro you demographic
>>
I like anime as long as it isn't slice of life high school romance shite. Which means I haven't watched any anime produced in the past decade.
>>
>>36352337
So Attack on Titan, Psycho Pass, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Granblue Fantasy and The Great Passage etc. for example are slice of life high school romances. I see, I see.
>>
>>36352295
we wuz the og weebz n' shiet
>>
File: 1482430689127.png (202KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482430689127.png
202KB, 500x500px
>>36352289
>the idea of people paying money for things triggers you
I simply pity you.
>if we weren't buying this stuff it wouldn't get made, and you wouldn't be able to listen to it
Good boy.
>>
>>36352422
>I simply pity you.
Whatever you say, poorfag.

>Good boy.
So you don't even like anime ASMR? Then what are you doing here arguing over this?
>>
File: AHHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg (80KB, 1333x900px) Image search: [Google]
AHHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg
80KB, 1333x900px
>>36347443
>Tfw I will never get addicted to minecraft again
>>
File: .png (475KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
.png
475KB, 728x546px
>>36352214
Nah mate, there is an agreement, you're just too engrossed in your fantasies to realize it. What you think comprises a "very wide range" is just flavor of the month spins on the same tired formula, which you'd be able see if you didn't just lap the same shit up season after season despite having barely enough difference to qualify as a different title.

If something ought to be dismissed in a single word, I do so. Not everything is worthy of criticism because not everything has the depth to warrant criticism. I could go on for pages and pages about the subtelties of KON but at the end of the day I'd be a pretentious faggot because there are no such subtelties. I've watched a metric assload of anime and I continue to do so because I'm a goddamn intellectual masochist but seeing retards like you actually attempt to defend the most blatant pandering imaginable just makes me want to give up advocating for any potential whatsoever in this medium.
>>
File: 1470624387462.png (106KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
1470624387462.png
106KB, 470x470px
>>36352453
>poorfag
Your insecurity is cute; I bet you pay for sex too.
>you don't even like anime ASMR
I love it.
>>
>>36352498
just play some Factorio senpai
>>
>>36351332
You got me.
Since I didnt have to actually post my gender do you want to b my bf?
>>
Voted yes, here are my 3 favorite :
Steins;Gate
Durarara
Shinsekai yori
>>
>>36348914
is this image about the guy who was here yesterday or so,complaining about his psycho mother
>>
>>36350861
>This is just a bias against animation
This is actually a slight against the people who watch.
Not the characters.
>>
File: 20111003011048_original.jpg (109KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20111003011048_original.jpg
109KB, 1920x1080px
>>36347130
HAKASE HAKASE HAKASE!
>>
>26%
get out

originaI
>>
>>36352509
You THINK there is an agreement. Everyone talks about moeshit and you think you're all talking about the same thing. But you're not. I've seen it many, many times.

>What you think comprises a "very wide range" is just flavor of the month spins on the same tired formula
https://myswordisunbelievablydull.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/guide-to-cute-girls-going-cute-things.jpg

This is not a very wide range? This is just "flavor of the month spins on the same formula"? Are you all right in the head? And don't try to claim this isn't all moeshit; the lowest common denominator of the various meanings the term has is cute girls doing something.

>I could go on for pages and pages about the subtelties of KON but at the end of the day I'd be a pretentious faggot because there are no such subtelties.
You think there are no subtleties because you have decided to dismiss K-On as "moeshit," case closed.

>I've watched a metric assload of anime
It's very clear that this is not the case.

>pandering
Doesn't exist. Every single alleged instance of pandering is just the person calling it that because he doesn't like sexual things outside of live action, or just doesn't like something for some other reason. Sexuality (explicit or implicit) is normalized in anime and manga, it's been around for longer than otaku culture, it's been in mainstream works, there's little difference between creators and fans. People include sexual content because they like it. It's normal. Nobody in Japan cares what you think.

>>36352540
>insecurity
I have no idea whatsoever how you came up with this. Did you just think of a random word or something?

>I love it.
No, you do not. You strongly object to people buying it, which is the only reason you're able to listen to it. Why lie about this? Why pretend to like it?
>>
>>36347130
/a/ calls me a fujoshit, but I'm a straight guy.
Princess Princess, Kimi to Boku, Mitsudomoe, Minami-ke, and Ichigo Mashimaro are my top 5. Favorite is Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu (season 2)
>>
>>36352755
Keep the (You)s coming, insecure buycuck.
>>
>>36352888
So now you admit you are just trolling. That certainly rules out the possibility that you have any interest in anime ASMR.
>>
>>36347130
Neon genesis: Evangelion + end of Evangelion
>>
File: 1486574980352.gif (507KB, 172x172px) Image search: [Google]
1486574980352.gif
507KB, 172x172px
>>36352918
>possibility that you have any interest in anime ASMR
I love it, I just don't give my money to roasties for them to do some ear lickin'.

Do you buy music too, cuck?
>>
>>36353074
>I love it
You just admitted that you don't. If you admit that you are just trolling, it's a little too late to keep up the act. Try keeping this in mind next time. Even if we pretend you weren't trolling, you still strongly object to anyone supporting anime ASMR. You don't want people to support it, and thus you don't care if you get it or not or actively don't want it.
>>
>>36353173
This is my post >>36351820

>You don't want people to support it
I don't mind people paying for it, I just mock insecure autists like you who call those who don't "poorfags".
>>
>>36353312
>This is my post >>36351820
Which was trolling, as already established by yourself. You are very bad at this.

There's nothing more that needs to be said.
>>
>>36353381
>Which was trolling
??
>>
>>36347130
For the very wide majority that would be a no. I can't stand constant cute moe shit and a lot of the fan base is just pure cancer and autism at its very core. I do like some shows though, and the movies aren't too bad, but aside from that I can't stand that shit. Makes my eyeballs want to barf and the humor is ass. The voice acting gets horrid as well, though that thankfully isn't always the case.
>>
File: .png (685KB, 1280x1660px) Image search: [Google]
.png
685KB, 1280x1660px
>>36352755
I've watched a solid half of those. Probably about a third fall exclusively into the "moe" category. The rest (for the most part) are simply including varying degrees of moe influence. But the fact of the matter remains that I come to my conclusions AFTER watching the shows in question, not before, and that I have applied a modicum of critical thinking. My conclusions differ from yours and I posit that your conclusions are invalid due to the overwhelming psychological effect the escapist themes have on you, thereby distorting your judgement and imparting a false sense of critical value.

And boy oh boy am I glad you brought up sexuality, because it's tied very heavily to moe. You see, it's clear to anyone not submerged in otaku culture that moe is intensely sexual. It is derived from a fetish for innocence and ignorance of sexuality, in the sense that some find creepshots more stimulating than actual photographs of naked women, because they are watching the subjects of their fantasies as an external observer, rather than a direct participant.

But beyond that, it's clear you've conflated otaku culture and history with that of Japan as a whole in an incredibly shallow fashion. You say "nobody in Japan cares what you think," which is the heart of the matter--material with zero critical value will continue to be made, autists like you will continue to slaver over it, and the rest of the human population will continue to turn away in disgust, except for the AT-X execs, who will be laughing over their pile of cash. Pic related you subhuman mongoloid.
>>
>>36347410
watch something that's not about cute girls, like evangelion or samurai champloo or cowboy bebop
>>
>>36353471
I just stick with the older ones like the ones you mentioned. I have absolutely zero interest in bothering with modern anime and at least I can get the feeling that actual effort was put into older shows. Granted they had problems, but were nowhere near as cringey as most modern anime. Only problem is that there's one or three episodes of them showed a week on toonami and I'm not paying a membership just to dig through a mountain of shit to find the gold inside.
>>
>>36353393
Oh, I guess you kids don't know that term anymore. The contemporary term is "baiting." Hope this helps.

>>36353463
You said that all of those many different, varied shows of many genres are "flavor of the month spins on the same tired formula." You have not watched any of them, you don't know anything, you are just another wannabe looking for a quick and easy identity to latch onto ("weeb").

>You see, it's clear to anyone not submerged in otaku culture that moe is intensely sexual.
It's mildly sexual, which is clear to anyone actually familiar with it.

>It is derived from a fetish for innocence and ignorance of sexuality,
Moe is just the same feeling you'd have towards real people, applied to anime characters.

>But beyond that, it's clear you've conflated otaku culture and history with that of Japan as a whole in an incredibly shallow fashion.
Otaku culture is derived from Japanese culture, and there is no clear distinction between the two, e.g. K-On is usually seen as the quintessential otaku anime even though it achieved mainstream popularity. Same thing with Love Live.

>You say "nobody in Japan cares what you think," which is the heart of the matter--material with zero critical value will continue to be made, autists like you will continue to slaver over it
Yes, all of the shows in the chart I linked to have zero critical value because--oh my god--the characters are young attractive female ones instead of sweaty muscular men. And of course I must be an autist, because who isn't anymore? Everyone is an autist, everything is autistic. What does autism mean? Nobody knows.

>except for the AT-X execs, who will be laughing over their pile of cash
"Anything I don't like was made maliciously, only for the sake of money. Only my preferences (Cowboy Bebop and Akira) are legitimate." Narcissism.

>Pic related you subhuman mongoloid.
It's clear you hold anime in great contempt, which would be sort of fine if you weren't trying to pass yourself off as a fan.
>>
>>36353729
Where's "le ebin trole" in this post? >>36351820
>>
Also I'm leaving now and will not be reading any further replies, have fun with your "weeb" roleplaying efforts that any real fan (all ten of us) will see through in five seconds.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.