[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite book anon? I want to read something.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

File: spook.png (374KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
spook.png
374KB, 800x800px
What's your favorite book anon? I want to read something.
>>
48 Laws of Power.

Yeah, so what?
>>
Les Rois maudits by Maurice Druon
>>
>>36340244
>Michel Houellebecq - Whatever
>John Williams - Stoner
>Don Delillo - White Noise
I would advise with starting the book at the top and working your way down. All these books are majorly feel-inducing.
>>
i dont read a lot but i really liked ubik
>>
> Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
This and Evangelion made me what I am today, a pessimistic loser.
>>
The Tao te Ching by Lao-Tzu.
Ancient chinese philosophy, here's a link to it on the web.
http://acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~phalsall/texts/taote-v3.html
>>
>Ernst Junger storm of steel
I was nearly obsessed with this book some years ago.
>>
>>36340244
The Late Mattia Pascal.

I should read more , fuck .
>>
File: the jest.jpg (33KB, 323x499px) Image search: [Google]
the jest.jpg
33KB, 323x499px
Daily reminder that anybody who hasn't read the Jest(1) is a massive pleb(2).

(1): Infinite Jest is a 1996 novel by American writer David Foster Wallace. The lengthy and complex work takes place in a North American dystopia, centering on a junior tennis academy and a nearby substance-abuse recovery center. The novel touches on many topics, including addiction and recovery, suicide, family relationships, entertainment and advertising, film theory, U.S. Canada relations (as well as Quebec separatism), and tennis. The novel includes 388 endnotes that cap almost a thousand pages of prose; these endnotes, together with the book's detailed fictional world, have led some to categorize it as an encyclopedic novel.
Time magazine included the novel in its 2005 list of the 100 best English-language novels published since 1923.
Infinite Jest is a bestseller in literary fiction, having sold 44,000 copies by the end of its first year of publication. The novel has continued to sell steadily and attract critical commentary. As of 2016, its worldwide sales have exceeded one million copies.

(2): In ancient Rome, the plebs was the general body of free Roman citizens who were not patricians, as determined by the census. From the 4th century BC or earlier, they were known as commoners (part of the lower social status).
Literary references to the plebs, however, usually mean the ordinary citizens of Rome as a whole, as distinguished from the elite-a sense retained by ''plebeian'' in English. In the very earliest days of Rome, plebeians were any tribe or clan without advisers to the King. In time, the word - which is related to the Greek word for crowd, plethos - came to mean the common people.
>>
File: italian.png (144KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
italian.png
144KB, 600x525px
>>36340244
Alan Watts - The Way of Zen

>>36340669
>>
The Growth of the Soil by Knut Hamsen

I'd recommend it highly to any robot
>>
>>36340244
What do you have to know in order to read the ego and its own by stirner?
>>
>>36340688
Excellent original taste Anon-kun!
>>
>>36340927
Start with the Greeks and work your way up throught the different flows of philosophy. The most important philosopher which Max Stirner discusses a lot (aside from the Greeks) is Hegel. Be sure to read his entire life story and his entire oeuvre because Stirner is going to make a lot of jokes and references to Hegel and his philosophy. To be honest, The Ego And It's Own is not really worth reading since his entire philosophy can be explained in a single sentence. He's just a meme.
>>
>>36340244
Is that girl from a giantess pic?
>>
File: e665621e4676b25aebac3c50aa3af5b4.jpg (128KB, 915x1280px) Image search: [Google]
e665621e4676b25aebac3c50aa3af5b4.jpg
128KB, 915x1280px
>>36341084
no, sorry
ofoimerfonmsfaddad
>>
File: 1486174434830.jpg (39KB, 711x620px) Image search: [Google]
1486174434830.jpg
39KB, 711x620px
>tfw want to escape in fantasy because I hate real life
>tfw already read all the good ones and people only recommend nonfiction and classics
>>
>>36341236
what are some good fantasy books?
>>
>>36341236
You have already read Mason & Dixon, Gravity's Rainbow, Infinite Jest, Ulysses, The Brothers Karamazov and The Holy Bible? How old are you? That's impressive if true.
>>
>>36341243
The wheel of time will keep you busy if you haven't read that and like to keep immersing yourself in a world.
Or you can go for the first law series if you want something gritty.

>>36341276
Here's your (you).
>>
>>36341276
I've read all of those except M&D and I'm 23. Go back to >>>/lit/
>>
I can't tell you about fiction because I don't normally read that. So I'll say a bunch of nonfiction titles on topics I've been interested on.

If you want one of the best books on psychology out there you should go for "Prometheus Rising" by Robert Anton Wilson.

If you want a practical spiritual book you should try "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle.

If you want the best book that exists on personal relationships go for "How to Make Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie. I swear this book could rehabilitate 90% of /r9k/ were they ever to actually try it.

"The Unchained Man" by Caleb Jones is one of the best books on women, dating, personal finance and turning your life around in general. Although it is a great book many people would be very deeply offended on the author's views on monogamy, mainly because of their incorrect societal programming.

If you are a political nerd like me and want one of the most eye opening books ever written go for "The Sovereign Individual" by James Dale Davidson and Lord William Ress-Moog. Such an incredible mine of truth bombs on the matter of economics, politics and history. You will never see the world the same again.
>>
Sinuhe, the Egyptian
>>
File: 1486351130039.jpg (99KB, 491x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486351130039.jpg
99KB, 491x500px
I love Neuromancer by William Gibson.
>>
>>36341236
Nonfiction is the real deal. There is so much incredibly weird shit that happens and has happened in the real world that it surpasses fiction.

Writers like Jules Verne and H.P. Lovecraft believed in many crazy theories that integrated in their fiction works.

And what's most frightening is when you realize that most literature and all sorts of scripture that date to even thousands of years ago that we often consider just fantasy or superstition is actually based in very real stuff.
>>
File: anne.jpg (24KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
anne.jpg
24KB, 564x423px
Anne Frank's diary is a very warm and human book, I always enjoy rereading it
>>
File: 124899357.png (532KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
124899357.png
532KB, 2000x2000px
>>36341976
>that part where she talks about wanting to touch her friends breasts and exploring herself
>>
>>36340244
have you read the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, the movie really dosent make em justis
>>
London Fields by Martin Amis
>>
File: anne1.jpg (12KB, 559x340px) Image search: [Google]
anne1.jpg
12KB, 559x340px
>>36342001
In Anne's sexual awakening was mine also as I first read it when I was around 10 or 11, it was definitely the first time I'd ever thought about female masturbation; it's a very pure and emotional book
>>
>>36341364

props to you. i was a fuckin tard when i was your age
>>
The best philosophy book I've read, since you posted Stirner, is Merleau-Ponty's The Phenomenology of Perception.
>>
>>36342078
Definitely, me too, was the first time I ever read anything about that sorta stuff. I was super ashamed reading about it.

>>36342226
I'm still a tard, I didn't really understand them I think.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.