[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /r9k/ feel about vegetarianism? Recently I've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: veggies_625x350_61443676354[1].jpg (54KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
veggies_625x350_61443676354[1].jpg
54KB, 625x350px
How does /r9k/ feel about vegetarianism?

Recently I've just been thinking that meat's kinda fucked up and unnecessary nowadays.

I specifically remember finding meat as a general concept gross when I was younger but I kind of got used to it because I realised it was expected that I eat it. Now I'm living alone and can make my own decision though I guess...
>>
Don't ask r9k. Ask >>>/ck/ >>>/fit/ and >>>/adv/ how they feel.
>>
makes perfect sense on utilitarian grounds
>>
>>36338337
Having tried it once, I was surprised at how much meat substitutes were like the real thing

I might not eat meat if there were more variety in quality substitutes and they were cheaper
>>
>>36338337
>vegetarianism
It's a bad meme. Eating dead things is part of life and unless you go full 100% organic vegan, baby chicks are going to get blended for every egg you eat and animals are going to die during the production and transportation of your food.
>>
>>36338337
>when I was younger
do you mean a year ago when you were 17?

>meat's kinda fucked up
lmao and war is bad and fuck cancer n shit

way to state the obvious. no one cares about what you eat. do whatever the fuck you want because youre living alone now and can make your own decisions, i guess...
>>
>>36338369
I already know how the conversations will go on forums that have such a severe bias one way or the other.

/r9k/ is better for a general discussion.

>>36338397
I tried vegan bacon once and it sucked ass. Vegan sausages were awesome though, especially considering I don't like real sausages all that much.
>>
>>36338465
This is true.

What about the environmental impacts of raising animals though? Cows release a lot of methane gas and such, and farms take up a lot of land
>>
>>36338465
>baby chicks are going to get blended for every egg you eat
that's not how fertilisation works
>animals are going to die during the production and transportation of your food
literally how?
>>
>>36338516
>I tried vegan bacon once and it sucked ass. Vegan sausages were awesome though
Just depends on the individual products imo. I don't like *all* meats so I wouldn't expect to like all meat substitutes either
>>
File: Seija (37).jpg (321KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
Seija (37).jpg
321KB, 850x850px
It's great as long as you don't try to force your lifestyle down the throat of others,
Or endanger the life of others with it (yes vegan people may actually starve their children or pets with their life style).
For me personally meat is too tasty to give up.

>>36338369
/r9k/ is a forum without a topic
You'd rather have 10 more trap/racebait thread than an actual discussion?
>>
>>36338530

Dairy cows get slaughtered after they get too old to produce milk.

Their calves get taken away and the male ones get sold for veal.
>>
>>36338602
Not gonna force anyone to do anything, just wanna do it for me. Thanks for at least assuming I would be capable of getting married and having kids lmao.
>>
>>36338646
I'm not buying the meat of the cow or the veal though, so I'm still not supporting those practices. The conditions those animals are kept in is probably pretty bad though, I already buy free range for what difference it makes.

I also like soy and almond milk so I guess I could switch to that? One step at a time though, I ain't gonna save the world single handedly in one day I was just considering it that's all.
>>
I am flexitarian. That may sound pretentious so in other words I only rarely eat meat: occasionally in weekends and mostly white meat.
Red meat increases the chances of getting cancer (textbooks on diet even say this), processed meat is absolutely worse when it comes to cancer and meat in general is bad for the environment. Chicken is one of the least environmentally damaging so I rarely eat chicken.

OP you might be interested in the book "How not to die".
>>
>>36338797
Just looked it up, I'll try and get hold of a copy for cheap.
>>
>>36338797
I'd rather live a life enjoying meat, salt, and sugar then die of cancer, than live till 100 eating nothing but celery.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.